Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices (56201 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by legendsilver(m): 6:44am On Dec 01, 2013
other network will soon join Airtel, its not dia fault cus d tarrif no pay dem at all grin
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by demopiper(m): 6:45am On Dec 01, 2013
i don port o,i don port o,oya mtn where yuh dey
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by tshoboy(m): 6:49am On Dec 01, 2013
tosnat: Cant believe that am the fool again, I thought this love will never end,How was I to know,you never told Me...

Airtel you are wicked....
my best of westlife
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 01, 2013
godwinony: you guys should use mtn's night plan..mine now works even during the day with a simple method.

Abeg, ow we fit use am 4 afternoon?
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 01, 2013
Silly move. Their customer base will simply go down low!!!! Make I enter YouTube finish my remaining data shaperly.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by skullz: 6:56am On Dec 01, 2013
beht why!! grin

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by tshoboy(m): 6:58am On Dec 01, 2013
tosnat: Cant believe that am the fool again, I thought this love will never end,How was I to know,you never told Me...

Airtel you are wicked....
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by adewasco2k(m): 6:59am On Dec 01, 2013
I still have more than 3GB on Airtel which i couldnt use due to bad network, Thank God for MTN

Happy New Month Folks
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 01, 2013
woreva.
BTW their network has been crappy.
At least now i'll be spending less on my phone cos i'll be managing the 30mb on glo bounce and be spending less time on the internet.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by MicroBox: 7:02am On Dec 01, 2013
This is not funny atall, i just subscribe for the 3k three month. O boy wat do i do wit my ipad. Which plan fit resque?
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by victorlexa(m): 7:04am On Dec 01, 2013
Dey sha no want make i throw ma bb away... Well Android 4 one hand,bb 4 d oda... No worries!!!
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 01, 2013
WTF!! I just got a message from Airtel asking me to renew my Airtel Blackberry BES with 1500 before the current one expires on Tuesday next week. So confused.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by adewasco2k(m): 7:07am On Dec 01, 2013
2tek: Pay #2,500 nd enjoy a total of 4.5GB on mtn. Send 102 to 131. Valid for 30days. Try it nd thank me later.

stop misleading people

first the plan is a night plan from 9pm to 6am when you subscribe for the plan which is 3GB you will get a bonus of 1.5GB
, so you can use the bonus 1.5GB anytime till you exhaust it then start browsing only from 9pm to 6am afterward and note during the time you are using the bonus even during the night its still the bonus that you are using

2 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by ITbomb(m): 7:14am On Dec 01, 2013
Thank you Father for this news .
I was enjoying my airtel peacefully when people were moving en masse to MTN , then android happen and all sort of people came on and brick the network .
Thank God they will be leaving so that I can enjoy my subscription on my airtel
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by adewasco2k(m): 7:14am On Dec 01, 2013
For you all saying they will loose or something mind you this is purely biz if they are gonna loose they will not take this step.
seems like the best step to them.

They may come up with a cheaper data plan though

#maybe
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 01, 2013
Nawao what's the way forward now?
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by tmgtreasure(m): 7:16am On Dec 01, 2013
THE NEXT AVAILABLE FLIGHT NA TOO PORT GO MTN AND RETAIL MY NUMBER.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by adewasco2k(m): 7:19am On Dec 01, 2013
yinkusnoni:
how dem go take know fone wey b b.b??

segs_xpendable:
good question...since I have BBM on my phone,what diff does it make.....maybe they can only block does without bbm sha

I laugh in yoruba, seriously? haven't you call CC and they will tell you the model of phone you have? i mean not the make the exact model? like You have a Blackberry 9930?

Have you ever recieve a message from your network provider stating in the message your phone model? like Sorry your Nokia 1200 can not bla bla bla bla
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by DexxyAlebs(m): 7:20am On Dec 01, 2013
naso we c am ojust pray glo starts working i don download tire minne was to expire on 16th i can't dash anybody free data not this time. AIRTEL IS SO DUMB YOU GONNA LOOSE CUSTOMERS, BLOCKING BB PLAN DOESNT MEAN I WOULD SUB FOR A SMART PLAN ON AIRTEL'S POOR NETWORK.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by tshoboy(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2013
kingphemy: I don't understand this o.

I subscribe for the 1500 for 2gb BIS. After confirmation I immediately send DEACTIVATE 440. My data is still intact which I have been using for almost a month.

If as airtel said I can't use the BIS tweak on android, will I still be given data if I repeat the above procedure?

If yes, that means the data can be use on android, effectively bypassing the BIS thingy.
exactly wat av been tinkin since yesterday

2 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Kamaye(m): 7:24am On Dec 01, 2013
adewasco2k:

stop misleading people

first the plan is a night plan from 9am to 6am when you subscribe for the plan which is 3GB you will get a bonus of 1.5GB
, so you can use the bonus 1.5GB anytime till you exhaust it then start browsing only from 9am to 6am afterward and note during the time you are using the bonus even during the night its still the bonus that you are using
Bro make your sentences clear so we can understand what you are trying to say.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by adewasco2k(m): 7:32am On Dec 01, 2013
Kamaye: Bro make your sentences clear so we can understand what you are trying to say.

I think you will get it if you chill and read it again though the post sounds crappy when reading it too grin

This is it:

Plan name: MTN Night Plan (9PM-6AM)
Price: ₦ 2500
Data allocation: 4.5GB (3GB + 1.5GB bonus)
Duration: 30days

Note: The bonus data of 1.5Gb will be the one to be first used up and the bonus data will work 24hrs, but after exhausting the 1.5GB you will be left with 3Gb which will now ONLY work from 9PM to 6AM

now you get abi make i add picture? grin

4 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 01, 2013
Dannylux:

What's the translation of the last paragraph, it looks funny, damn! grin
U wudnt wanna knw trust me
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by IAMBREEZY: 7:41am On Dec 01, 2013
And who cares?very crappy network since i started using airtel to browse i've been fustrated by their bad network coverage even on 4g.
Airtel R.I.P
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by henchyk(m): 7:43am On Dec 01, 2013
The crowd had slowed down Airtel's network miserably the past few months and i don't blame them because their network used to be the fastest before this bb on android thing came up and probably will become the fastest again after the 3rd of December when they flush us all out. Seems like Airtel is finally willing to sacrifice quantity for quality and i think the decision is the best for them in the long-term.

Its just that the whole thing isn't funny to us android users in an economical challenging country. The network providers are also not making things easy for us with their outrageous internet prices. Data is going to be like gold from now onwards. No more spending hours on instagram and YouTube. No more downloading movies and series anyhow your papa na dangote? No more playing around on the internet and infact i think this decision will help a lot of students and other people like me who were practically on the verge of making the internet our second home. Data connot waste.

But i have a feeling internet prices will come down soon. This dreadful condition just can't possibly linger for to long. For now we just need to manage. And btw after the 3rd im still going to keep my airtel sims and subscribe with them, because their speed will be jet-like after that date, and their normal internet plans are still a bit cheaper than those of other networks.

Nothing lasts forever.

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by shosky1794: 7:48am On Dec 01, 2013
At least they sent a notice. Which other GSM network provider did that? And you all are talking about them losing, I don't think they care so much about that. I'm sure they would have done their homework well before coming out with this idea. We said the same of MTN but how many active subscribers have ported from MTN since they stopped the BB subscription.
We are Nigerians, we don't do anything about such things, we just get used to it.
We will get used to this one too.

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by write2obi(m): 7:49am On Dec 01, 2013
Am so busted embarassed
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Gudiza(m): 8:01am On Dec 01, 2013
gobe tinz....

exhaust my 1.3gb data. At least, we've been informed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Is This The New Style Of Begging Via Whatsapp? / Download Latest 2go Version 5.0 / Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.