Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices (56199 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Kamaye(m): 8:03am On Dec 01, 2013
adewasco2k:

I think you will get it if you chill and read it again though the post sounds crappy when reading it too grin

This is it:

Plan name: MTN Night Plan (9PM-6AM)
Price: ₦ 2500
Data allocation: 4.5GB (3GB + 1.5GB bonus)
Duration: 30days
Note: The bonus data of 1.5Gb will be the one to be first used up and the bonus data will work 24hrs, but after exhausting the 1.5GB you will be left with 3Gb which will now ONLY work from 9PM to 6AM

now yu get abi make i add picture? grin
9am - 6am not anymore, it's now 9pm - 6am abi? Got it cool
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Getikebusy(m): 8:06am On Dec 01, 2013
purpinkx: I have 4gig remaining from my 6gig to expire jan 30 but who cares ?

I know the way out lol

Bros tell us naaaaaaaaaaa ;-)
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by ignis: 8:11am On Dec 01, 2013
umagba: woreva.
BTW their network has been crappy.
At least now i'll be spending less on my phone cos i'll be managing the 30mb on glo bounce and be spending less time on the internet.
Keep encouraging yourself thr nw.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by macbeyland(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2013
adewasco2k:

I think you will get it if you chill and read it again though the post sounds crappy when reading it too grin

This is it:

Plan name: MTN Night Plan (9PM-6AM)
Price: ₦ 2500
Data allocation: 4.5GB (3GB + 1.5GB bonus)
Duration: 30days

Note: The bonus data of 1.5Gb will be the one to be first used up and the bonus data will work 24hrs, but after exhausting the 1.5GB you will be left with 3Gb which will now ONLY work from 9PM to 6AM

now you get abi make i add picture? grin
hahahahaha Chei. a beg I need extra mouth to laugh o. a beg add cartoons join so that the guy go fit understand.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Adex097: 8:15am On Dec 01, 2013
lawd have mercy shocked....MTN is definitely behind this
Btw, I noticed almost everybody used this emoticon »»»»»»
»»»»»»»» angry .......l0l.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by shosky1794: 8:21am On Dec 01, 2013
I think people with active subscription will still enjoy their data after that date. The only thing is one won't be able to use the data on a new subscription after that date.

What if i subscribe today and I was given 240MB of data. After this, I deactivate the BB plan. My data will sure still be intact. Thereafter I subscribe to a 10MB plan. Are you now telling me that I won't be able to use the rest of my data after exhausting the 10MB? I don't think so.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by zeyheed(m): 8:22am On Dec 01, 2013
it stopped since last week

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by folahann(m): 8:23am On Dec 01, 2013
I guess nobody was subscribing to their regurlar monthly bundle again so they had to stop.
Thank God i haven't subscribe yet as i was planning to.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by JerryMaduka(m): 8:26am On Dec 01, 2013
how do they expect me to browse now... mtchewww.....rubbish
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by wheesin(m): 8:30am On Dec 01, 2013
This should be my first time commenting outside the front page but its necessary...*tears* cry

Since the first day i bought my android..i knew i made d ryt choice....but what i dont understand is why the network gaints have abandoned us dataly...after all we have proved to them to see us futuristic and better customers....broda android is too sweet to dump for a disvirgined aunty bb...i dey craze...*tears* why ?...why always us....ANDROTELLI...AM TIRED.. cry *off to go and hang myself

4 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by biggerboys(m): 8:30am On Dec 01, 2013
Airtel...your fada
Haaa,me wey just subscribe for 3months @ once....tinking dat I will be free till Feb ending next year...u pple will regret dis...chai
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by thewarrior72: 8:35am On Dec 01, 2013
adewasco2k: For you all saying they will loose or something mind you this is purely biz if they are gonna loose they will not take this step.
seems like the best step to them.

They may come up with a cheaper data plan though

#maybe
They will surely lose they customer base.
Some of us are in airtel today simply because of they cheap data offer, The only reason they will retain they customer base is ,by offering something cheaper than other networks
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by o42austino(m): 8:36am On Dec 01, 2013
samyng: Dear Customer, effective 3rd Dec 2013 AIRTEL BB Plans will cease to function on non BB devices or used as a modem . Thank you

They could'nt even wait till next year , NA wah oo
bros i tire ooo
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by clubone05: 8:38am On Dec 01, 2013
Baba God,
I thank you..i was at their office to port on Friday..i didn't cus I need a valid id ....on my knees giving you praise...

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by 4peace(m): 8:39am On Dec 01, 2013
shosky1794: I think people with active subscription will still enjoy their data after that date. The only thing is one won't be able to use the data on a new subscription after that date.

What if i subscribe today and I was given 240MB of data. After this, I deactivate the BB plan. My data will sure still be intact. Thereafter I subscribe to a 10MB plan. Are you now telling me that I won't be able to use the rest of my data after exhausting the 10MB? I don't think so.

Only meaningful contribution so far.

But will people us their head definitely NO

2 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Okworigeorge(m): 8:40am On Dec 01, 2013
instead of whining, why don't we look for a way forward before It's too late.....I guessing deactivating from the BIS plan should do the trick, hence you are no longer on the plan yours can't be block and your data would still be untouche
send DEACTIVATE to 440
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by bengunsman(m): 8:41am On Dec 01, 2013
Our service providers are wicked in Sudan u get 2 pay.#1500 for 5Gig
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by sheelay(m): 8:41am On Dec 01, 2013
Best thing is to start a e-protest, it's high time they gave us our own reasonable plan..... Can't even imagine using a bb.....

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by thewarrior72: 8:43am On Dec 01, 2013
shosky1794: At least they sent a notice. Which other GSM network provider did that? And you all are talking about them losing, I don't think they care so much about that. I'm sure they would have done their homework well before coming out with this idea. We said the same of MTN but how many active subscribers have ported from MTN since they stopped the BB subscription.
We are Nigerians, we don't do anything about such things, we just get used to it.
We will get used to this one too.
Bros ,many ported, like me stop subscribing with my mtn,I only use it for call
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by o42austino(m): 8:44am On Dec 01, 2013
nani.666:

4.5GB
how long does it last?
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Kingbilo(m): 8:49am On Dec 01, 2013
Lool

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by ceejayluv(m): 8:50am On Dec 01, 2013
Yeah, right... First my girl announces our breakup... Hours later I get this news. #hara-kiri mode....
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by ibietela2(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2013
God dey
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by dgifted: 8:55am On Dec 01, 2013
I didnt get d message, thank God ooo tongue tongue grin
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Tinyemeka(m): 8:55am On Dec 01, 2013
angry

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 01, 2013
Guys, please do not use up your data or deactivate your Airtel BB plans. There is every chance that VPN will work on it even if they block it. You guys remember the MTN wahala days? Nowadays, VPNs are cheap. You can get one for as low as 600. Just chill first. Remember, you need an active plan for the VPN Thingy to work. When they block it, at least, either UDP, ICMP or TCP will work on it and u will continue to enjoy your data. When it reaches it expiry date, you can now port!! REMEMBER, VPN WILL UNBLOCK IT EVEN IF THEY BLOCK IT!! TRUST ME!!
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by adewasco2k(m): 8:58am On Dec 01, 2013
bengunsman: Our service providers are wicked in Sudan u get 2 pay.#1500 for 5Gig

Sudan? that says it all
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Tinyemeka(m): 9:00am On Dec 01, 2013
I didn't get the msg. Does it mean I am exempted?
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by 2sign: 9:02am On Dec 01, 2013
Downloading mood activated, my remaining data must not waste
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by adewasco2k(m): 9:03am On Dec 01, 2013
Tinyemeka: I didn't get the msg. Does it mean I am exempted?

sorry to say sir, you are not exempted
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by 3kay945(m): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2013
No wonder one airtel staff called me on friday telling me to subscribe to android plan for pinging or so. I just smiled and appreciate her sweet voice. I should have suspectd this fowl play. Anyway, na naija we dey, there always way out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Is This The New Style Of Begging Via Whatsapp? / Download Latest 2go Version 5.0 / Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.