Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:23 AM

If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! (13438 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / God Is Obligated To Keep The World Rotating Because If He Doesn't,... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
trustman:

Your typical self and approach to responding as shdemidemi will say and has been pointing out all along.
Yeah Just like Apostle Paul i might be forceful in speaking truth but that's just the way it is..No where is it written in scripture that if a christian tithe, he should keep the whole law.It was actually circumcision paul said.So the liar here should be you not me.cheesy
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: i don't have the luxury of time going through silly websites..nairaland is littered with tithe threads already go thru them and learn..As for tithing by faith i answered that query in the thread opened by drummaboy..i guess you are his ally or maybe him.

You had said in a one of your posts:

If Paul could commend the tithes and offerings(gifts) he received from the Philippians and say it is a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God(he cannot see) by faith. That means it is very much scriptural to tithe by faith.

But hey, where was Paul said have received tithes from the Philippians?

You also responded to another Nairalander with the following:

Ok lemme help you since you are hard in hearing. faith IS AS NATURAL AS AIR. It is the very Nature and fundamental of our christian walk.Everything in the Kingdom operates by faith that includes prayers,fasting,tithing,giving alms,doing business with people etc..etc...

The bible records we walk by faith not by sight.The bible records we are in the world but not of the world. The executive Governor of the Kingdom we are in is the PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.Without him we can do nothing for in Him we move,live and have our being. The kingdom of God is not in observations.So if you feel your walk with God is by sight and human senses do go ahead and humour us.

Here you fail to directly quote scripture to support your position largely because your logic is not based on right understanding of scriptures but on philosophy of men.
What is faith? How is it used in scripture? Faith is not only … … trust in someone or something, faith also encompasses what is believed. So when in Hebrews 11 we see those who by faith were stoned, sawn in two, killed with the sword, etc (Heb. 11: 34 and following) what do people like you make of it – faith? I believe you get stuck.
If there were to be anything as “tithing by faith’ it should tithing by a clearly revealed word of God. There is nothing like that for the Church age believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
trustman:

You had said in a one of your posts:

If Paul could commend the tithes and offerings(gifts) he received from the Philippians and say it is a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God(he cannot see) by faith. That means it is very much scriptural to tithe by faith.

But hey, where was Paul said have received tithes from the Philippians?

You also responded to another Nairalander with the following:

Ok lemme help you since you are hard in hearing. faith IS AS NATURAL AS AIR. It is the very Nature and fundamental of our christian walk.Everything in the Kingdom operates by faith that includes prayers,fasting,tithing,giving alms,doing business with people etc..etc...

The bible records we walk by faith not by sight.The bible records we are in the world but not of the world. The executive Governor of the Kingdom we are in is the PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.Without him we can do nothing for in Him we move,live and have our being. The kingdom of God is not in observations.So if you feel your walk with God is by sight and human senses do go ahead and humour us.

Here you fail to directly quote scripture to support your position largely because your logic is not based on right understanding of scriptures but on philosophy of men.
What is faith? How is it used in scripture? Faith is not only … … trust in someone or something, faith also encompasses what is believed. So when in Hebrews 11 we see those who by faith were stoned, sawn in two, killed with the sword, etc (Heb. 11: 34 and following) what do people like you make of it – faith? I believe you get stuck.
If there were to be anything as “tithing by faith’ it should tithing by a clearly revealed word of God. There is nothing like that for the Church age believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.

faith without works is DEAD...probably yours is dead.cheesy
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by DrummaBoy(m): 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: i don't have the luxury of time going through silly websites..nairaland is littered with tithe threads already go thru them and learn..As for tithing by faith i answered that query in the thread opened by drummaboy..i guess you are his ally or maybe him.

O' boy see me see wahala O.

lol! Trustman na Drummaboy.

Wetin person no go hear from nairaland.

And I am not sure if I saw any query you answered on a thread by me; it is not difficult to copy and past these things you know, for other to read just in case they missed it.

Enjoy this one dedicated to you my friend, Bidam. Copy and Paste:

UNVEILLING MODERN DAY JUDAIZERS

Jesus and the Judaizers

A cursory study through the New Testament will show that the gospel of Jesus Christ had enemies from its inception. First century Palestine was a deeply religious one and the world Jesus was born into had some individuals who had constituted themselves as religious authorities: they were the Pharisees and Sadducees – sometimes seen as teachers and scribes.

The gospel Jesus preached stood in stark contrast to that which the religious leaders of his days taught. While Jesus preached a message of inner renewal and sanctification, these men emphasized externalities. While Jesus encouraged frugality and faithfulness with money, the Pharisee and Sadducees were said to love money and encouraged people to give money to the synagogue over and above taking care of their families. While Jesus encouraged liberty amongst his followers, these people were known to tie up heaven burden on people that they could not carry themselves. While Jesus taught his disciples about the kingdom to come, these men knew nothing but earthly things. While Jesus taught with authority and in the power of the Holy Ghost, these men were clouds without rain. It is important to note that Jesus did not have kind words for these men.

Hear him in Matthew 23:

1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. 8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

For those who make a case for not criticizing men of God, they should hear what Jesus said of religious leaders of his day above.

This position that Jesus took did not go without a price. The religious leaders saw to it that Jesus was killed. In fact as early as Mark 3, the Pharisees were already planning to kill Jesus:

6. And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.

They succeded at it eventually and the Lord of glory was crucified. When Paul discussed Jesus death in 1 Corinthians 2, he called those who crucified Jesus “princes of this world”.

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory

The phrase “princes of this world” could be interpreted “rulers of this world” – the political, religious and demonic rulers of the world. The princes of this world will include Pilate, Pharisees, Sadducees, scribes and the devil himself. In their morbid jealousy and hatred, the Pharisees and Sadducees, had teamed up with satan to bring about his demonic work.

We all know now that God was using all this to birth his eternal purpose on earth in sending a savior to mankind to redeem us from our sins. But because the religious leaders of that time were so demonic compliant, they were ready tools in the hands of the devil.

I introduced this piece with Jesus’ experience with the Judaizers of his time so that I can proceed into what Paul himself experienced with Judaizer of his own time before finally discuss the Judaizers of our time. We will see that except in very minor details, the judaistic religion has not changed since the days of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

TBC

Read the conclusion here: https://www.nairaland.com/1377135/unveilling-modern-day-judaizers

3 Likes

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
DrummaBoy:

And I am not sure if I saw any query you answered on a thread by me; it is not difficult to copy and past these things you know, for other to read just in case they missed it.

Enjoy this one dedicated to you my friend, Bidam.

Read the conclusion here: https://www.nairaland.com/1377135/unveilling-modern-day-judaizers

Very succinctly put my brother!
I am really getting to a conclusion the pro-tithers in this forum are yet to clearly understand why they stand for what they think they stand for. I am still to see them put up a simple logical or commonsensical argument on their position.
Instead they resort to attacking those who do not hold their position perhaps to intimidate them (?)
Truly like the Scriptures say - my people perish for lack of knowledge. But like the hymn says: we need to rescue 'the perishing'

1 Like

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Enjoy this one dedicated to you my friend, Bidam. Copy and Paste:

Yawns...I think the article is boring..BTW i don't forget conversations easily like you..Go through Olaa..thread on tithes and offering that was the time you introduced your so called tithing101.com that i told you i don't need.So to say you are his ally is not an understatement.:p
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 9:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: Yawns...I think the article is boring..BTW i don't forget conversations easily like you..Go through Olaa..thread on tithes and offering that was the time you introduced your so called tithing101.com that i told you i don't need.So to say you are his ally is not an understatement.:p

The Christian is not under the Old Testament Law, therefore he is under no further duty than to give cheerfully and liberally (2 Corinthians 9: 6-7)

You are doing EXACTLY what i said - having allies or buddies or friends: what has that your statement got do with the issue at stake? Do you not have friends yourself? Address issues rather than resort to assault on persons.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
trustman:

The Christian is not under the Old Testament Law, therefore he is under no further duty than to give cheerfully and liberally (2 Corinthians 9: 6-7)

You are doing EXACTLY what i said - having allies or buddies or friends: what has that your statement got do with the issue at stake? Do you not have friends yourself? Address issues rather than resort to assault on persons.
Tithing is pre Law. Go through what you said when you opened your thread. I can't quote cos i am on phone.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
trustman:

Very succinctly put my brother!
I am really getting to a conclusion the pro-tithers in this forum are yet to clearly understand why they stand for what they think they stand for. I am still to see them put up a simple logical or commonsensical argument on their position.
Instead they resort to attacking those who do not hold their position perhaps to intimidate them (?)
Truly like the Scriptures say - my people perish for lack of knowledge. But like the hymn says: we need to rescue 'the perishing'
As blind as bat..I hope you saw the attacks and obscene remarks on the so called article.It did not even addressed the issue rather it was exactly the way you put it..attacks.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 10:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: Tithing is pre Law. Go through what you said when you opened your thread. I can't quote cos i am on phone.

The issue is not whether the PRACTICE is pre-law or post law. The issues is this: Is there a single INSTRUCTION to the Church age believer to tithe? The simple answer is that there is NOT ONE such directive in the New Testament epistles which constitutes the blueprint for the spiritual lifestyle under the Church age.

1 Like

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
trustman:

The issue is not whether the PRACTICE is pre-law or post law. The issues is this: Is there a single INSTRUCTION to the Church age believer to tithe? The simple answer is that there is NOT ONE such directive in the New Testament epistles which constitutes the blueprint for the spiritual lifestyle under the Church age.
May be you need to check your statement once again...The bible is complete.We don't only adhere to NT teachings but OT as well cos All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching and instructions. The bible never said only NT teaching is inspired but the whole scripture.

No where also was it written in NT that we shouldn't smoke but does it mean we should smoke?

No where was it written that christian should have one wife in NT but does that mean christians should disregard it and marry many wives?

Funny the NT wasn't even compiled until 30 AD or so..so which instructions did you think the Christians were following and adhering to in synangogues? Ofcos the OT
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 11:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: May be you need to check your statement once again...The bible is complete.We don't only adhere to NT teachings but OT as well cos All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching and instructions. The bible never said only NT teaching is inspired but the whole scripture.

No where also was it written in NT that we shouldn't smoke but does it mean we should smoke?

No where was it written that christian should have one wife in NT but does that mean christians should disregard it and marry many wives?

Funny the NT wasn't even compiled until 30 AD or so..so which instructions did you think the Christians were following and adhering to in synangogues? Ofcos the OT

Now take your time on this; you don't need to answer in a hurry. OK.
What is the meaning of Colossians 1:26?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Zikkyy(m): 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam:

who told you Christians were following and adhering to OT instructions? Na where you read that one?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Zikkyy(m): 11:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam:

.......and who told you smoke is sin?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
Zikkyy:

who told you Christians were following and adhering to OT instructions? Na where you read that one?

I beg help me ask am.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Zikkyy(m): 11:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
Double post
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Zikkyy(m): 11:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam:
May be you need to check your statement once again...The bible is complete.We don't only adhere to NT teachings but OT as well cos All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching and instructions. The bible never said only NT teaching is inspired but the whole scripture.

and BTW, the OT being inspired does not translate to Christians performing OT activities.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
trustman:

Now take your time on this; you don't need to answer in a hurry. OK.
What is the meaning of Colossians 1:26?
I am replying you based on what is on my inside abeg..which one con be hurry for d matter.If you want me to unfollow your thread.It's no big deal. And what has the scripture you quoted got to do with tithes

Christ was concealed in OT and revealed in NT dats all. Did the prince and author of life condemn the tithes?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
Zikkyy:

Scriptures...will you pay your tithe if i show you the scripture ?:p
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
Zikkyy:

.......and who told you smoke is sin?
Holy Spirit. Are you a sinful smoker
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
trustman:

I beg help me ask am.
You don get support abi? If i talk naw you go say i dey attack your person.Learn how to fight your own battles.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Zikkyy(m): 11:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
Candour:
If the men of war had brought a tithe of war spoils to the Lord, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN REJECTED because God had a different plan for spoils of war under Mosaic law. Abraham’s type of tithe to Melchizedek was NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE TO GOD. The same way Animal sacrifices ceased to count with God when Christ died. Same God but different method of operation and that is why we need to know what God’s plan is for us and not go adopting practices that applied in other dispensations

@bidam, I borrowed the above from the tithe discussion thread just in case you missed it. You guys need to do away with this idea that because OT is inspired, you must perform all OT activities.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
Zikkyy:

and BTW, the OT being inspired does not translate to Christians performing OT activities.
Are marriages,giving alms,offerings,prayers,fasting,worship not OT activities? You really have lost it.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
Zikkyy:

@bidam, I borrowed the above from the tithe discussion thread just in case you missed it. You guys need to do away with this idea that because OT is inspired, you must perform all OT activities.
candour doesn't really study the bible for insight.He study the letters to argue on tithe.If that's his calling he is welcomed to it.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Zikkyy(m): 11:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: Scriptures...will you pay your tithe if i show you the scripture ?:p

Forget about me paying tithe. Abi you be sales/marketing staff for your church. If you say its scriptures, please provide scriotures that shows Christians were told to adhere to OT instructions in synangogues.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Zikkyy(m): 12:03am On Dec 14, 2013
Bidam: Holy Spirit. Are you a sinful smoker

If it was the holy spirit that told you smoking is sin, then you don't have to preach it as if it is scriptural.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

Forget about me paying tithe. Abi you be sales/marketing staff for your church. If you say its scriptures, please provide scriotures that shows Christians were told to adhere to OT instructions in synangogues.
Acts 15:21
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

If it was the holy spirit that told you smoking is sin, then you don't have to preach it as if it is scriptural.
The point is..is smoking scriptural? Why practice what is unscriptural
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Zikkyy(m): 12:17am On Dec 14, 2013
Bidam: Are marriages,giving alms,offerings,prayers,fasting,worship not OT activities? You really have lost it.

I lost nothing. The arguement that we perform OT activities because it is inspired will not fly. We don't offer animal sacrifice even though it was an 'inspired' OT activity. I think you should take some time to study the post I lifted from the discussion thread. We marriages, giving alms, prayers e.t.c is still practice because they are still relevant, not because they are contained in the OT. That is what you need to show in the case of tithe, so stop this talk bout OT being inspired.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

I lost nothing. The arguement that we perform OT activities because it is inspired will not fly. We don't offer animal sacrifice even though it was an 'inspired' OT activity. I think you should take some time to study the post I lifted from the discussion thread. We marriages, giving alms, prayers e.t.c is still practice because they are still relevant, not because they are contained in the OT. That is what you need to show in the case of tithe, so stop this talk bout OT being inspired.
why should i stop the talk about the OT being inspired, you conceded defeat that it is inspired already.

Tithing is not an animal sacrifice,Offerings are. Christ as the passover lamb has cancelled that ritual, why are offerings still retained?Why not tithes also

As for candour post,it is so full of opinionated and inferred errors that i can't seem to know where to start addressing his issues.

Anything he reads now from genesis to revelation is to find loopholes in tithing.

If he is meditating and dreaming,it's all about the tithes.Abeg i get better aspect to study on jare.I think i am even wasting time with you people here discussing the truth of God's word.It's high time i stop this madness.It won't change the world neither will it stop Christians from not tithing.Shalom.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Zikkyy(m): 12:45am On Dec 14, 2013
Bidam: Acts 15:21

Acts 15:21 says that Christians were following and adhering to OT instructions (in the synangogues)? which bible you dey read?

1. Who told you gentile Christians were the peeps listening to Moses being preached in the synangogue every sabath?
2. Who told you it was the apostles preaching Moses to congregation every sabath?
3. I believe you are aware they are very likely to be Jews maybe inluding jewish converts very much used to listening to the OT every sabath. They more likely the reason for the decision in Acts 15, the Judaizers that believed gentile converts must be circumcised to be saved.

Act 15 says that Moses from generations of old was preached in the synangogue. If it was from generations of old, can they be referring to new converts?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Zikkyy(m): 12:47am On Dec 14, 2013
Bidam: The point is..is smoking scriptural? Why practice what is unscriptural

is sin defined as unscriptural activities? Is the use of internet scriptural? Listen to yourself!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Why Is Pastor Chris Church Always Docorated With Pyramids? / Kids Raised Going To Church Are Happier Adults, Study Finds / Which Church Do You Attend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.