Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! (13366 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / God Is Obligated To Keep The World Rotating Because If He Doesn't,... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 25, 2013
A misfit calling me a clown..i dey laff...anytime i am ready i will answer your questions..Learn to space and highlight ur questions cos u jumbled dem up with scriptural quotations unlike others who outlined theirs properly.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 5:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
Christmas brought good things to man and particularly the believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 9: 11 - … … Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here … …
The goods things when appropriated are to enable the believer make every day Christmas.
The old is gone, including forced tithing, the NEW has come!
Merry Christmas!!!
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
Church age giving is different from what obtained in Israel. Tithing was part of giving in the nation Israel and was compulsorily required of both believer and unbeliever in the nation. The principle of giving found in 2 Corinthians 9:7 make clear that the believer gives “as he has purposed in his heart (not as a tithe which was obligatory on all); not grudgingly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful ( rightly motivated) giver.”
The inner attitude of the heart is what is most important in Christian giving not the amount given.

Any significant thing required of the Christian will be found in the New Testament epistles which constitute the blueprint for living the Christian life.

- James 2:10 - "Whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it"

Galatians 5:3 – “Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised (one aspect of God’s instruction that every Israelite was to fulfill) that he is obligated to obey the whole law”.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican / SCOAN: TB Joshua’s Church Counters BBC Investigation / Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.