Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) (2525 Views)

[true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On / One Wrong Turn......true Story / Top 10 Female Rejection Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) by Nastydroid(m): 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
*fasten seat belt*for crazy segment....
Re: The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) by Obidikejr(m): 9:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
Before my aunt's friend left the house, she had requested to say goodbye to me, my aunt thought that was something casual. She never knew her friend had an interior motive not a bad one though. I was lying on my bed reading The Last Juror by John Grisham when she entered my room without knocking, she must be rude I thought.
"Hello" she said smiling. My aunty was standing behind her now.
"Hello," I returned the friendly smile and closed the novel.
"My name is Bre'asia Peters." She extended her hands for a handshake
"Paul, nice meeting you." I took her pampered hands in mine. There was something in her palms, it was a tiny piece of paper, she wanted me to take it while I release my grip from her hands without my aunt knowing. I did just that. She then told me she will be on her way out, I told her "Stay Safe." My aunt smiled at me in a way saying I have really grown matured.

They both left the room, I open the piece of paper bre'asia had handed over to me, it was a number. I didn't think twice before tossing it into a trash can close to the foot of my bed, I turned my attention back to the book I was reading.

5.30pm I put on my newly bought blazer and chinox pants, swung a b&w neck warmer around my neck, and left the house. My aunty was fast asleep, I didnt bother waking her up, I already know my way around. I got a call from my elder brother, the eldest, we talked as I walked to church. Then my aunt call and ask were I was, she said I shuld come home directly after mass she didn't wanto me to get lost. I hated it when I am been given orders, that's why I always had issues with my teachers in high school and nearly got suspended one time. After the call I switched off my phone.

I walked into church and sat down at the rear. Out of curiosity I looked round the church in a stylish way such that no one will know what I was doing, then my eyes rest on someone, she was staring directly into my eyes, she showed perfect white teeth. I shifted my gaze.

I was curious as to why that gurl was looking at me, after church I thought bout talking to her then changed my mind. I saw her left the church, and wqlked to a black mercedes 4matic waiting outside the premises, she said something to the driver and he drove off. She starting walking towards were I was standing, I started pressing my phone like I had been busy with it all the while. She walked past me, very close, and nearly displaced me from my position. She wanted me to talk to her, instead I stopped a bike and went home.

Journal page: 30

On tuesday morning, the next week. As usual my aunt had left for work, it was 7am I heard a knock on the door. My eyes was still heavy, I thought I was sleep walking. I staggered to door and opened it, what I saw made me jumped back alarmed.

***to be cont'd***
Re: The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) by Obidikejr(m): 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) by aytuns(m): 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
Next update please
Re: The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) by Obidikejr(m): 10:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
"Bre'asia, what are you doing here?" I asked ushering her into the sitting room. "Your friend left for work an hour ago."
"I know, she told me I could come to the house whenever I feel like, it looks like I woke you up."

"Not really, I was waiting for a cork to crow before I leave my bed." I lied

"You must have been asleep when it did, I brought you food." She said and placed a white leather bag on the center table.
"Oh thanks, where do stay?"
"Behind you."
"Behind me?" I turned to look at my back "There's an ash colored wall behind me."
She started laughing, I laughed too, then she said the house directly behind the quarters. I nodded, and went for the tv. I switched it on then I turned back, bre'asia was seated on the couch already, she wore a skimpy khaki shorts exposing a nice pair of legs and thighs. I suddenly remembered I was on boxers, I excused myself and went back to my room put on a combat short, a tee and i cleaned up. I remembered it took less than 10mins. She asked why I didn't call her since sunday, I had to lie again, misplaced the paper and probably my aunt swept it and she just burnt the rubbish last night.

We talked, laughed and ate together. She was 24, born in illinois, stays with her parents and older siblings, she was the last child out of four, recently broke up, works at a bank and an accountant for her Da's company. For the first time, I was enjoying my stay in Lag, I was realizing my life doesn't revolve around Folashade alone. We talked till 3pm, she asked about my love life, family, school and many other things. I have got someone to keep me company at home
i liked her, as a friend and that was all.
Re: The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) by Obidikejr(m): 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Journal page 37

5. MARIPOSA

Through the past weeks Bre'asia hanged out with me virtually everyday, atleast 4 times a week I started thinking maybe she doesn't even have a job, moreover her parents were smelling of excess money.
I asked her one day if she had retired, she had laughed her heart out and finally told me she took a 2months leave, "Shuu? Two months leave here in nigeria? Pls tell me you are not pregnant." I always made her laugh. At a time she had kissed me on the lip i didnt respond, she noticed i was not in the mood and stop. I recalled telling her not to do it again, she got angry and left the eatery, i later called her that night and apologized though i didnt know what i did wrong but as a gentle young man i just apologized. She accepted and we continue our friendship, she waited for me to ask her out but I never did and then she made the move. I had told her I will think about it, and up to this moment I am writing this post I am still thinking about it.
The third sunday of my stay, i went to evening church as usual, i still kept my eyes on the girl staring at me and always smiling. atyms I thought her stares will bore holes at the back of my neck. This had been going on since my first sunday there and each time, after church she always talks to the man in the 4matic who drives away and i on the other hand always stand to watch her and then she'll pass me.
But this sunday I was going to find out who she is.

After the driver in the cute looking mercedes had drove away, as usual she walks towards me and wanted to pass then I said "hello."
"Hello I am Mariposa, did you enjoy the mass today." She was all smiles, she looks angelic, perfect white teeth, beautiful fragrance flew in through my nose.

I just spoke a word "Hello." And she has spoken 10, I took a deep breathe and said "Chineke." in my mind.

I knew all this while she had been dying to talk to me, but I needed her to suffer a little before I made the move, I suffered in Shade's hands afterall.

"You have a nice name." I said " I am Paul and yes I always enjoy evening masses."

"Oh me too, I hate waking up in the morning." Her iphone rings, she picks up.

"Nwata gi kwe ego. Bre'asia kwa, a wormu" I said to myself in my native dialect, I beckoned on her that we should walk. After a minute she hung up, she looked troubled, I asked her whatsup and she said nothing.

"You moved here lately?." She asked
"Yea." I let her do the talking for a while then I asked her about the mercedes car, she told me that was her driver. I was still inquisitive

"You dont go home with him."
"Yes Paul, I like walking home." She said.
I knew she was lying, I didn't ask anymore. I will get whatever I need to know later.

"So tell me more about you." I said "except your dislike for waking up early just like me." I smiled at her.

"You too?" She was laughing. "Was born her3 in Lag 18 yrs ago..." she stopped speaking suddenly, a guy I had sighted few seconds ago walking opposite us halted a few feet from us. I held Mariposa's arm to stop her from walking toward him, he looked like a thug I didn't want the delicate figure beside me be harmed.
***to be cont'd***
Re: The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) by Obidikejr(m): 11:03am On Dec 08, 2013
updating soon.

I have been busy setting up our blog.
Re: The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) by Nastydroid(m): 1:22am On Dec 09, 2013
i rather run with the gal than wait....i no fit chop slap except if d gal go date me

1 Like

Re: The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) by Obidikejr(m): 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
***cont'd***
She immediately released my hand from her arm and continued walking, I followed behind. Then I realized she must know this guy, when we got to him he was smiling, he was lebanese and seem to jim alot, he looks 2yrs older than me.

"Hey sweetheart." He had said and placed his right hand to her waist. This must be Her bf.
"Hi." She wasn't look too enthusiastic bout seeing him, there must being going through something related to breaking up or almost breaking up, her facial expression wasn't so good, But his were, he still likes her I thought.
"You get so many hits." He pointed at me "I am proud to have you."
"Saw you wern't with her and I thought I should bring her to you then." I said, he had said thanks. We were going to be good friends soon.
"Umm Mohammed this is Paul, Paul, Mohammad." Moriposa said.
"Her boyfriend." He emphasized
"Nice to meet you buddy."
"Same here."
We walked and talked for like a minute or so, then I left them.
I was an hour late when I got home, my aunt was waiting for me outside, my phone was switched off and I knew I got her worried. I sighted her from afar when I walked into the compound, I switched my phone on and saw 3missed calls from her and 2 from Bre'sia. I slid the gadget into the pocket of jean pants and walked hastily to her.

"Were are you coming from?" She had asked in igbo
I greeted and replied in english "Church."
"If I am correct, they closed church an hour and ten minutes ago."
"Yes." I said in english again "Just that..." she cut me off
"Talk in igbo Cityboy" she said, I smiled and she smiled too. She knew I was going to speak what we call tiyaon, mix english and igbo.
I wasn't too good in my native dialect. Then I started.

"Just that the announcements were much today and after church I decided to walk home inside of taking a bike." The way u mix rice and stew to make jollof that was how I remember I mixed that igbo with english that day. My aunt couldnt stop laughing at me dat nite.

I dont speak my dialect fluently

***to be cont'd***
Re: The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) by Obidikejr(m): 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
I have finally moved this thread to the Literature section, I will still post one update here per day but two in the Literature forum so they can catch up.

When they do catch up, the story will continue there not here, by then I will post the weblink referring you my readers to the Literature thread.

Our blog should be ready before next week. Peace.

1 Like

Re: The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) by Nastydroid(m): 12:38am On Dec 10, 2013
i av been wondering when d romance is going to come in......so no romance at all?
Re: The Journal (A True Story Of Love and Rejection) by tsleazy(m): 8:25am On Dec 10, 2013
Nice storyline...im feelin yuh..#no homo

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will You Do If a girl (your girl) Send This To You? / How To Make A Long Distance Relationship Work / My Experience With A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.