Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night (40707 Views)

Checkout The Aerial View Of Lagos Island During The Day And Night (photos) / The Night View Of City Of Bauchi (Wambai Gate) / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by tonydim: 12:49am On Dec 04, 2013
Mermaid.of.life:
The
way some people hurl abusive words and curses at others shows they have
seen too much of our "local" nollywood movies.

The "international" touch they were hoping to see in that pic is pobably
las vegas which they have also seen in foreign movies but little they
knw that las vegas is also "local" to those who own it.

So tell me, what is actually local? You can only express your love or disappointment at the decoration an not sound so local. You obviously lack decorum of all you can do is hurl insults and use a word like local. Spare us pls!

no mind them jor.....local, local every where, before were they expecting expatriates to come and decorate it for them?

1 Like

Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by GetGuide: 1:07am On Dec 04, 2013
Ochhie: Beautiful!
Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by babseg(m): 1:14am On Dec 04, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
The pics below are some A-/A+ Christmas decorations in my opinion.

All in all as some poster said above, it's Christmas, Yayy!!

These pictures of yours has been photoshopped a little bit.

I will take another picture from ikoyi tomorrow grin

And post it here
Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by jerrymania(m): 1:15am On Dec 04, 2013
Ellatyra: Still looks very local undecided

wahala dey grin
Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by YoshiMaster: 1:25am On Dec 04, 2013
babseg:

These pictures of yours has been photoshopped a little bit.

I will take another picture from ikoyi tomorrow grin

And post it here

Oh boy, if you have some MB, check out the short video below.

SINGING DECORATIONS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ7LsLz9ztA

Now I'm not saying that we should have gone this far though, I'm just acknowledging that people out there push boundaries, even in decorations.

What we have is Okay, not bad, not awesome, just okay.
Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by babseg(m): 1:26am On Dec 04, 2013
niceeric:
Dis most definitely cannot be a lady talk less a Nigerian lady....9ja ladies I know r very appreciative of colours and see lights and shades in a strikingly amazing ways different from d way guys see them....you have no point girl(or should I say guy) talking about d camera and whatever else you're hiding under...
P.S:-be wise enough to read thru dis post and see there ain't no intent to insult u in it,your reply(or not) to it would draw d conclusion as to ur real state of mind.

You are very right

3 trillion likes grin
Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by babseg(m): 1:28am On Dec 04, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Oh boy, if you have some MB, check out the short video below.

SINGING DECORATIONS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ7LsLz9ztA

Now I'm not saying that we should have gone this far though, I'm just acknowledging that people out there push boundaries, even in decorations.

What we have is Okay, not bad, not awesome, just okay.

Ok but can please transfer some MBs to me
Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by babseg(m): 1:31am On Dec 04, 2013
Galads: and you know am really beginning to like her guts.. I will really luv to meet her.

shocked
Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by YoshiMaster: 1:37am On Dec 04, 2013
babseg:

Ok but can please transfer some MBs to me

No problem, check your account balance.

I just transferred you 100 PETABYTES, I don't know if that's enough.
Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by PECO4KING(m): 2:17am On Dec 04, 2013
Is the power supply or generator. Because Island no they get lite. Mr Fashola wetin mainland do you now,abi u don forget us say we be Lagosian too.
Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by Nobody: 3:03am On Dec 04, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
Okay let me put this issue to rest.

Looking with my very detail oriented eye wink, it doesn't look that bad, but it could have been better.

The main flaw I see on closer inspection is the fact that the black and white colored curb is very dirty, it would have bee nice if it was repainted.

The second flaw I see is the fact that there aren't enough colored lights, I would have loved to see bright reds, to complement the bland white, and light blue.

Besides that, its an okay job, I'd give it a C+.

If we are going by Nigerian standards, then I'd give it a B-, but that's just the thing innit? we need to raise our standards in all that we do. I'm sure they will get better and better though.

ok points... It's all a gradual process. We're just starting out in a lot of these things compared to other countries.... We can be sure the christmas lights will be a lot more sophisticated on that street corner 4 or 5 years from now.

What we need now are for companies that specialize in these sort of aesthetics to emerge and offer some competition to whoever did that design in VI.
Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by naptu2: 3:33am On Dec 04, 2013
Christmas decorations from the past.

The Lagos State Government has a public-private partnership scheme in which it encourages companies to adopt a public space (roundabout, green area, park, etc) and maintain it. The company in return gets the right to advertise its products and services within that space.

Ajose Adeogun (maintained by Zenith Bank).

1) 2011
2) 2012

Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by naptu2: 3:39am On Dec 04, 2013
Falomo Roundabout (Fidelity Bank).

1) 2010
2) 2012

Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by naptu2: 3:42am On Dec 04, 2013
Kingsway Road (Alfred Rewane).

Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by sexychocho(f): 3:46am On Dec 04, 2013
Airforce1: Paradise on earth smiley smiley

Lagos is working... Fashola is Working grin
Wow,gud 2 hear dis frm u.1st tym u wil make +ve statement. Kip it Up Man smiley
Re: Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night by mamagee3(f): 3:47am On Dec 04, 2013
Beautiful city!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft / In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada / Danfo Bus Bashes A Ferrari At Lekki Tollgate (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.