Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,809 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU (9496 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Miscellaneous(m): 3:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
Debaters should conclude their argument
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Miscellaneous(m): 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
Judges should start preparing the results as the debaters make their last statements
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by petreli08: 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
pseudonomer:

Thank you, I will say again, the states affected are few, the few states can be reinforced with security men guiding the few corp members that choose to serve there. You can still re-deploy if you want to, so no one is being sent on a suicide mission, and I think the Federal Government has stop deploying the corpers to the affected states recently. But making North serving in North and South to serve in South, I don't see any the need for the NYSC programme again.

Sir,from the recent attack even on the two defence facility itself, is it not showing that it isn't secure as you make it look
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
laryom1: @OAU..You pple were emphasising on the 'NORTH' only, is it only the north that insecurity isn't adequate? What about a yoruba corps member that has her hand chopped off in Bayelsa? So security of the corps members isn't needed in the 'South'?
Yh, i am aware that not only the North is unsafe for people from other zones, but some others, there has also been repraisal attacks on the Northerners in the South, that is why i cry for maximum security in the country to be ensured FIRST before posting of corps members to other zones.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by laryom1(m): 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Northerners dont do harm to their fellow kinsmen, i once heard from someone who served in the North as a teacher, she said she had a pupil who she taught most times for free because of her fondness for him, but a day cam when she asked him that if trouble should start in your communit, what will you do to me? Will you protect me from ther hands? The answer she got was totally unbelievable, the boy said if anything happens now, i will yakana(or so)i.e kill you first for my people. That marked the beginnig of her living in temerity in the North.
Do u now tnk doz terrorist in d north are frm north? They aren't.. They don't care wu dy kill... If dey didn't want to harm deir fellows, y shud dey kip bombing in doz kaduna and bauchi dat most of d ppl dere are HAUSAS
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 3:51pm On Dec 07, 2013
laryom1: @OAU.....You made mention that NYSC was established with d motive of unification of tribes.. Now, you are saying corps members shud serve in his or her respective geo-political zone.. Do you think letting them do so will still promote dat unity in d country? If yes, how?
To every law there is an exception, and the only constant thing in life is change, we need a change, till some parameters are put in place to ensure security in all parts of Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by laryom1(m): 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Y, i am aware that not only the North is unsafe for people from other zones, but some others, there has also been repraisal attacks on the Northerners in the South, that is why i cry for maximum security in the country to be ensured FIRST before posting of corps members to other zones.
ok.. So now if a southerner is posted to south now and got his/her hand chopped again, isn't dat anoda tin?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by cimetidine: 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
In view of all the above arguments, I'm so sure that FUNAAB and everyone is convinced that posting of NYSC members should be limited to their zones. Especially Damex333 who failed to argue nor deny our assertions. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by laryom1(m): 3:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: To every law there is an exception, and the only constant thing in life is change, we need a change, till some parameters are put in place to ensure security in all parts of Nigeria.
but during d course of putting tinz in place, if wrong step are taken, tinz will neva b in plc..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by cimetidine: 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
laryom1: ok.. So now if a southerner is posted to south now and got his/her hand chopped again, isn't dat anoda tin?
You'v been dancing on the same spot sir even when we'v answered your questions accurately. We'v settled all these things you are bringing up.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by petreli08: 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
FUNAAB's reps pls reply

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Davo93(m): 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
pseudonomer:

Thank you, I will say again, the states affected are few, the few states can be reinforced with security men guiding the few corp members that choose to serve there. You can still re-deploy if you want to, so no one is being sent on a suicide mission, and I think the Federal Government has stop deploying the corpers to the affected states recently. But making North serving in North and South to serve in South, I don't see any the need for the NYSC programme again.
Noted. Security men you say? Lol

Do you know the issue of security in some part of the nation is so worst that only a military reign can curb? If it takes this to protect Corp members, then that amounts to a huge cost in running the programme and mind you, that does not necessarily translate to total peace.

If you are suggesting redeployment, i think that affirms your opponents' proposition.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
laryom1: Do u now tnk doz terrorist in d north are frm north? They aren't.. They don't care wu dy kill... If dey didn't want to harm deir fellows, y shud dey kip bombing in doz kaduna and bauchi dat most of d ppl dere are HAUSAS
No one cares about where they come from, all i know is that those areas arent safe for people from other geo-political zones.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Miscellaneous(m): 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
Debaters make your final statements.... remember you can't answer all questions because of time
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by cimetidine: 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
laryom1: ok.. So now if a southerner is posted to south now and got his/her hand chopped again, isn't dat anoda tin?
the hatred for other ethnics is the cause of any subsequent chopping of hand, but you don't hate your brother, I think
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 3:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
Read my last reply to your last question to clarify this.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by laryom1(m): 3:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
cimetidine: You'v been dancing on the same spot sir even when we'v answered your questions accurately. We'v settled all these things you are bringing up.
we avnt settld on dat...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2013
laryom1: but during d course of putting tinz in place, if wrong step are taken, tinz will neva b in plc..
No fellow country man, if this my idea is given a modicum of trust it will bring about a better and a safer Nigeria, thanks smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
cimetidine: @damex333, your last point about corp members sleeping on fields is not clear, can you please shed light on it?.
just because my phone grew wings and fell in water doesn't mean i am in any way not aware of what i am saying.
We have details of people who slept in the camp open field because of insufficient space for them even when they are believed to be evenly distributed. Now that they aren't evenly distributed wat do you expect in towns and zone that have highest number of graduates that specific year

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by laryom1(m): 4:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
cimetidine: the hatred for other ethnics is the cause of any subsequent chopping of hand, but you don't hate your brother, I think
bt d hatred is wot govmnt wnt to eliminate tru NYSC postin... I sighted dat example cuz u were only talkin abt d north with total exclusion of oda zones
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by cimetidine: 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2013
laryom1: bt d hatred is wot govmnt wnt to eliminate tru NYSC postin... I sighted dat example cuz u were only talkin abt d north with total exclusion of oda zones
and has the NYSC posting worked? That's our argument.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: I just have some questions to ask concerning this your post, dont you think the sole purpose of a government is lost if the protection of lives isnt ensured? Do you think the families of the late 10 corps members who were slain to death would want to hear this? Slaughtered by illiterates for being Southerners isnt just a problem but a call for an adjustment of the scheme.
after that post election incident. Site examples of other incident that solely affect NYSC MEMBERS dont we have university students that are affected? should we then say those student should run back home?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by laryom1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
cimetidine: and has the NYSC posting worked? That's our argument.
but u ppl proposal might mAke it worse.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by pseudonomer: 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
cimetidine: In view of all the above arguments, I'm so sure that FUNAAB and everyone is convinced that posting of NYSC members should be limited to their zones. Especially Damex333 who failed to argue nor deny our assertions. Thanks

No, Damex33 has some challenges. He couldn't make the debate.

And I will never agree the post corpers should be limited to their zones. It makes the essence of the NYSC void, or maybe you are trying to ask me if NYSC Programme should be eliminated?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by petreli08: 4:07pm On Dec 07, 2013
laryom1: but u ppl proposal might mAke it worse.

It's a DEBATE sir
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by cimetidine: 4:07pm On Dec 07, 2013
laryom1: but u ppl proposal might mAke it worse.
how?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 4:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
laryom1: bt d hatred is wot govmnt wnt to eliminate tru NYSC postin... I sighted dat example cuz u were only talkin abt d north with total exclusion of oda zones
The government cannot force something down the throat of its subject, whatsoever law that is passed, if the subjects arent satisfied with it, it will amount to so much reactions, we are no longer under an authocratic or a totalitarian government, so the government could test its subjects reactions through a referendum.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by pseudonomer: 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
Davo93: Noted. Security men you say? Lol

Do you know the issue of security in some part of the nation is so worst that only a military reign can curb? If it takes this to protect Corp members, then that amounts to a huge cost in running the programme and mind you, that does not necessarily translate to total peace.

If you are suggesting redeployment, i think that affirms your opponents' proposition.

My opponent stance is NYSC posting should limited to their zone. They can actually avoid the few states that is less than 6, and still keep the posting into other regions.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by cimetidine: 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
pseudonomer:

No, Damex33 has some challenges. He couldn't make the debate.

And I will never agree the post corpers should be limited to their zones. It makes the essence of the NYSC void, or maybe you are trying to ask me if NYSC Programme should be eliminated?
read what you'v missed, we'v settled that.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by laryom1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
cimetidine: how?
collate all my responses since d audience have started posting.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Miscellaneous(m): 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
And now the results......
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by laryom1(m): 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2013
petreli08:

It's a DEBATE sir
I don 4get sef... Thanks..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Have Better Job Opportunities, Biochemistry Or Microbiology? / What's The Difference Between A Library And An Archive? / OMG! Where These Students Were Caught Studying Will Shock You (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.