Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,955 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Vincent Enyeama Make History - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama Make History (5857 Views)

Vincent Enyeama, Wife & Kids Take An After Match Photo / Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by abatically(m): 8:12am On Dec 04, 2013
homesteady: Baby boy what's your reason for hating on enyema? undecided

Nobody is hating on Enyeama.. but u people are taking this too far. Where was Enyeama between January and June.. he didn't make any club appearance. Yes the past few months have been very good for him but being Africa best is judged over a calender year. He had 16 club appearances in 2013, no champions league. That is not enough to win u CAF player of the year. Compare with Yaya who has about 64 club appearances in 2013 and playing in the champions league. Enyeama was non existent from January to June. That is a whooping 6 months. Let's leave sentiments out of this and face reality.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by collynzo2(m): 8:25am On Dec 04, 2013
abatically:

Nobody is hating on Enyeama.. but u people are taking this too far. Where was Enyeama between January and June.. he didn't make any club appearance. Yes the past few months have been very good for him but being Africa best is judged over a calender year. He had 16 club appearances in 2013, no champions league. That is not enough to win u CAF player of the year. Compare with Yaya who has about 64 club appearances in 2013 and playing in the champions league. Enyeama was non existent from January to June. That is a whooping 6 months. Let's leave sentiments out of this and face reality.
Enyeama won the AFCON between January and June, isn't that enough?
Beyond the 64 appearances Yaya Toure had for Man city, what did he achieve? His performances were average within that period same with his team as a whole, hence the inevitable sacking of their coach. Even Ronaldo is now being touted for Balon d'or based on his performances between August and now.
Enyeama has done more than enough to deserve that CAF award and he'll surely win it.
There is nothing you or anyone else can do about it.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by homesteady(m): 8:27am On Dec 04, 2013
abatically:

Where was he?? In January, he won Africa Nations cup!
In May he won Israel premiership!
In december, he is on a 11 consecutive clean sheet!
Soooooooo!

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by collynzo2(m): 8:29am On Dec 04, 2013
homesteady:
Soooooooo!
Enyeama deserves that award more than anyone else, fullstop!
I wonder how some people think that average performances between January and June for Man city is a greater achevement than winning AFCON.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by homesteady(m): 8:33am On Dec 04, 2013
Enyema statistics from league1 website
2013/14 French Ligue 1
GAMES. | SAVES. | CLEAN SHEETS
15 | 40. | 13
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by homesteady(m): 8:34am On Dec 04, 2013
collynzo2: Enyeama deserves that award more than anyone else, fullstop!
I wonder how some people think that average performances between January and June for Man city is a greater achevement than winning AFCON.
Don't mind them!
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 04, 2013
Stop misleading people! Enyeama hasn't broken the record yet.

Enyeama has now gone 1035 minutes (11 matches) since conceding a goal with the Marseille shut out moving him ahead of PSG's Salvatore Sirigu (950 Minutes, 2012-2013) in his search for the Ligue 1 record.

Only Bordeaux's Gaetan Huard, who went 1176 minutes without conceeding a goal in the 1992-1993 season, now stands in Enyeama way of achieving the longest streak.

So, do the Math....
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by abatically(m): 8:57am On Dec 04, 2013
homesteady:
Soooooooo!

He won Israel Premiership with how many appearance? AFCON is just 6 matches. You call Yaya Toure's 64+ appearance ordinary?... why is he the only African player shortlisted for Ballon D'or? This award is based on peformance over the year and not from a few months.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by abatically(m): 8:59am On Dec 04, 2013
collynzo2: Enyeama deserves that award more than anyone else, fullstop!

He won Israel Premiership with how many appearance? AFCON is just 6 matches. You call Yaya Toure's 64+ appearance ordinary?... why is he the only African player shortlisted for Ballon D'or? This award is based on peformance over the year and not from a few months.

Let's see who CAF chooses. It doesn't even matter if they choose Yaya because u will come back here and say they are biased.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by Ishilove: 9:12am On Dec 04, 2013
safarigirl: what are you ranting about you deranged rabid dog?! How can I be talking and an under-achieving, ret@rd3d nonentity like you wan follow me drag mouth. What do I know bout sports? More than your sorry, diaorrhea-mouthed self, that's for sure. If your mother didn't teach you how to talk to a lady, apply and I'll teach your ignorant self. In your pathetic life, don't you EVER cross my path to spew such arrogant BS cuz I will so useless you on this forum, Seun will ban me till 2813. Bloody dead-brained as$hole
My goodness!! Each time I read safarigirl's post, she is taking somebody to the cleaners and doing a damned good job too! Don't mess with this sister right here wink

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by homesteady(m): 9:22am On Dec 04, 2013
abatically:

Let's see who CAF chooses. It doesn't even matter if they choose Yaya because u will come back here and say they are biased.
Is appearances your only problem??
He won the premiership with 26 appearances! + other cup appearances!
He has been the 1st choice keeper for both club and country! I'm sure that he even has more appearances than yaya!
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by striker9(m): 9:24am On Dec 04, 2013
Anybody that thinks Enyeama has not tried enough,may he never be appreciated for his good work and effort.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by safarigirl(f): 9:27am On Dec 04, 2013
abatically:

but you know that CAF doesn't give their award to BBC winners. Be content with that, Toure already won CAF last year, why should he win another when he hasn't done much better than Enyeama? Are you Toure's agent? You, babyboy and the other loser whose name I won't bother to remember, need to get with the programme, Enyeama is winning CAF, agree or visit your nearest otapiapia seller.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by abatically(m): 9:31am On Dec 04, 2013
homesteady:
Is appearances your only problem??
He won the premiership with 26 appearances! + other cup appearances!
He has been the 1st choice keeper for both club and country! I'm sure that he even has more appearances than yaya!

You make me laugh. Enyeama made 9 appearance in 2013 (minus Lille and world cup qualifiers) and they are all for Nigeria. He started being Lille goalkeeper in August. From January to June he didn't make a single club appearance. Yes Appearance matters.. u don't judge a player based on 2 months form.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 04, 2013
Vincent Enyeama aka Mr. Clean sheets. We are proud of you.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by abatically(m): 9:36am On Dec 04, 2013
safarigirl: but you know that CAF doesn't give their award to BBC winners. Be content with that, Toure already won CAF last year, why should he win another when he hasn't done much better than Enyeama? Are you Toure's agent? You, babyboy and the other loser whose name I won't bother to remember, need to get with the programme, Enyeama is winning CAF, agree or visit your nearest otapiapia seller.

I am nobody's agent, just being realistic. First it was Mikel and now enyeama. In as much as I want one of ours to win it, we can't say we don't know that yaya is a big threat. If u think yaya is not a big threat then u must be living in wonderland. Lets see who they pick, I wish enyeama best of luck because he will need it. But if yaya is named, don't come here and say caf is biased... That has always been what we Nigerians resort to if things don't go our way.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by striker9(m): 9:37am On Dec 04, 2013
alekside: Vincent Enyeama aka Mr. Clean sheets. We are proud of you.
We true Nigerians are proud of him and his individual achievements so far,some nitwits can rant about the league but who cares.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 04, 2013
collynzo2: Enyeama won the AFCON between January and June, isn't that enough?
Beyond the 64 appearances Yaya Toure had for Man city, what did he achieve? His performances were average within that period same with his team as a whole, hence the inevitable sacking of their coach. Even Ronaldo is now being touted for Balon d'or based on his performances between August and now.
Enyeama has done more than enough to deserve that CAF award and he'll surely win it.
There is nothing you or anyone else can do about it.
Not like I'm trying to overhype Enyeama but it was widely known that Yaya Toure was average at best all through the 2012/2013 season.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by king94(m): 9:44am On Dec 04, 2013
safarigirl: what are you ranting about you deranged rabid dog?! How can I be talking and an under-achieving, ret@rd3d nonentity like you wan follow me drag mouth. What do I know bout sports? More than your sorry, diaorrhea-mouthed self, that's for sure. If your mother didn't teach you how to talk to a lady, apply and I'll teach your ignorant self. In your pathetic life, don't you EVER cross my path to spew such arrogant BS cuz I will so useless you on this forum, Seun will ban me till 2813. Bloody dead-brained as$hole
FATALITY!!!!
U just handed dat guy an overdose of his own medicine.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by homesteady(m): 9:46am On Dec 04, 2013
abatically:

You make me laugh. Enyeama made 9 appearance in 2013 (minus Lille and world cup qualifiers) and they are all for Nigeria. He started being Lille goalkeeper in August. From January to June he didn't make a single club appearance. Yes Appearance matters.. u don't judge a player based on 2 months form.
This guy wassap with you?? Did you miss where I told you that he won Israel premiership with Maccabi Tel Aviv F.C? undecided he was their 1st choice keeper! So how is it possible for him to make only 9 appearances this year?
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by safarigirl(f): 9:46am On Dec 04, 2013
abatically:

all this one na opata. It's only in Nigeria that you'll see one never-do-well that probably still lives with his parents in their face me- i slap you shack in one slum in Lagos coming to belittle the achievements of a great man. Like someone rightly said, CR7 is being touted as a Ballon d'Or winner based on his achievements in the 2nd half of the year. Enyeama has worked hard for club and country and has the accolades to show, what accolades does Toure have for CIV? If CAF truly is about rewarding African players that are making their impact for club AND country, not just club like you want us to beleive, why shouldn't the first black African to play 12 games in a row without conceding win it? Please list Toure's achievements for CIV and save us this BS about his achievements for Man Shiitty. Drogba has also been short-listed for Ballon D'Or and lost the CAF to Eto'o that year, so?

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by babyboy3(m): 9:46am On Dec 04, 2013
homesteady: Baby boy what's your reason for hating on enyema? undecided

look at no point I have said Enyeama is a bad or rubbish keeper, but common he has only played half a season and people wants to hand him the Ballon D'or common, they even praised him on the Sports radio this morning (Talksport) But some Nigerian suffer the English diesease, one little thing he is the best, Last season Joe Hart in the Group stage of the CL, everyone was calling him the best until he was brought down to earth now he is been dropped.

Why do people calling Manuel Neuer the best Keep in the world?

Best he has done it season after season and he is still very young.

Look Enyeama is good goal keeper but please lets building him up for a fall, let him perform at the highest level first!!!
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by babyboy3(m): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2013
safarigirl: you need to concentrate on something that can make you money rather than forming fake analyst that you'll never get paid for.

You sound like someone who could start an argument in an empty room!!!

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by safarigirl(f): 9:53am On Dec 04, 2013
abatically:

I am nobody's agent, just being realistic. First it was Mikel and now enyeama. In as much as I want one of ours to win it, we can't say we don't know that yaya is a big threat. If u think yaya is not a big threat then u must be living in wonderland. Lets see who they pick, I wish enyeama best of luck because he will need it. But if yaya is named, don't come here and say caf is biased... That has always been what we Nigerians resort to if things don't go our way.
RUBBISH, NONSENSE AND BULLSHAYT OF THE HIGHEST ECHELEON! Fine and good, Mikel may not have achieved same things Yaya did for his club, but Enyeama has surpassed that. This is not a matter of being 'realistic' this is giving praise to whom it's due and just cuz you and your anti-Naija possie think Toure is the undisputed King of African football doesn't mean the rest of us whose brains are still working should join the crew, capisé?
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by safarigirl(f): 9:57am On Dec 04, 2013
baby-boy:

You sound like someone who could start an argument in an empty room!!!
you sound like someone who couldn't win an arguement against a man who's lost his ability to speak
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by babyboy3(m): 9:58am On Dec 04, 2013
abatically:

That was my thought or point exactly!! over the last 2 weeks these goons having been making a case for Mikel over Toure and all have egg on their faces! Now they are switching base! lets use Enyeama!!

Yaya Toure won a competition voted by fans worldwide

Now the CAF award will be voted managers of African football teams and Captain and I dont think they could vote for their own player

May the best man wins, if Enyeama wins I will congratulate him, if another player wins, please save your "oh it was bias" comments to yourself
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by babyboy3(m): 9:59am On Dec 04, 2013
safarigirl: you sound like someone who couldn't win an arguement against a man who's lost his ability to speak

I deal with facts not fantasies!!!
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by babyboy3(m): 10:02am On Dec 04, 2013
homesteady:
This guy wassap with you?? Did you miss where I told you that he won Israel premiership with Maccabi Tel Aviv F.C? undecided he was their 1st choice keeper! So how is it possible for him to make only 9 appearances this year?

REALLY

The Isreali Premiership will make the English Championship look like La Liga
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by safarigirl(f): 10:03am On Dec 04, 2013
baby-boy:

I deal with facts not fantasies!!!
Deal with this FACT: No player has won BBC and CAF African footballer of the Year in one year. Tu Comprendé?
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by homesteady(m): 10:08am On Dec 04, 2013
baby-boy:

look at no point I have said Enyeama is a bad or rubbish keeper, but common he has only played half a season and people wants to hand him the Ballon D'or common, they even praised him on the Sports radio this morning (Talksport) But some Nigerian suffer the English diesease, one little thing he is the best, Last season Joe Hart in the Group stage of the CL, everyone was calling him the best until he was brought down to earth now he is been dropped.

Why do people calling Manuel Neuer the best Keep in the world?

Best he has done it season after season and he is still very young.

Look Enyeama is good goal keeper but please lets building him up for a fall, let him perform at the highest level first!!!
He was the best keeper in israel! He went to france! And he is the best keeper! France is the 6th top league in europe!
What more proof do you want?

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by homesteady(m): 10:15am On Dec 04, 2013
baby-boy:

REALLY

The Isreali Premiership will make the English Championship look like La Liga
Really? undecided Tell me something! Mtcheew!
According to UEFA ranking, La liga is the best league! So sorry your trashy opinion doesn't count
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by babyboy3(m): 10:18am On Dec 04, 2013
safarigirl: Deal with this FACT: No player has won BBC and CAF African footballer of the Year in one year. Tu Comprendé?

Since you deal with FACTs and NOT HOT AIR

Please tell us who won the both awards in 1991, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Strictly Draw Games* Only.. / Let's Find A No-loss Strategy To Winning Our Bets Together Here Please! / Nigeria Vs Costa Rica: Would You Be Awake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.