Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. (7220 Views)

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Fashola Should Stop Running His Mouth, He’s A Product Of God-fatherism–ayo Fayos / Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 05, 2013
I say, we legalize Prostitution and subject every call girl to HIV test before issuing them license to operate. That will save so much marriages from divorce.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by JulianBond007: 10:30am On Dec 05, 2013
Billyonaire: I say, we legalize Prostitution and subject every call girl to HIV test before issuing them license to operate. That will save so much marriages from divorce.
Legalizing prostitution will save marriages from divorce? What is the major cause of divorce if I may ask you? Inability of the woman to satisfy her husband sexually which makes the man patronise prostitutes?

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 05, 2013
JulianBond007: you think there are no risks involved being a prostitute/hustler? Just as there are risks in other business,so is prostitution.
I have said it before that deporting them back to their states of origin is not the solution. they will still find their way back into their former lifestyle. The government has a big role to play to make sure they don't return back as prostitutes by engaging them in something meaningful.
What is the function of the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development anyway?
I hear you. That is why I said these girls are very daring. You think its just ordinary for a girl to stand under the bridge in the middle of the night and hop into a car with strange men all because she wants quick money? They are actually very tough, brave and ruthless.

Be that as it may I certainly do not support the government giving money to arrested harlots. Its not even a role for government.
That is where churches and other NGOs should step in. They can step in and help those hustlers who really want to change or who can't help themselves.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by MayorofLagos(m): 10:31am On Dec 05, 2013
arcbabe: Do they have to engage in prostitution to support their families,what about other women that work hard just to support their families. You see women cleaning the streets of lagos,selling petty things and some selling pure water just to earn a living. Can't this prostitutes engage in other trade other than prostitution? I see no reason why some men will be in support of prostitution when they can't stand to see their sister,wife or daughter engage in such act. The men are patronising them that is why they don't want to leave the trade. If you can't watch your sister,wife or daughter prostitute,why will you support other people relatives to prostitute or even patronise them?

Prostitution is a trade, it involves an exchange.

Im not supporting prostitution, no, but Im aware and agitated of the fallout and how that might affect female members of my own family or other women in the community if your proposal were effected. Thats a dangerous proposal and i again call on the mods to stamp this thread shut.

This proposal is not community friendly!
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by JulianBond007: 10:34am On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777:
I hear you. That is why I said these girls are very daring. You think its just ordinary for a girl to stand under the bridge in the middle of the night and hop in to a car with strange men in a because they want money? They are actually very tough, brave and ruthless.

Be that as it may I certainly do not support the government giving money to arrested harlots. Its not even a role for government.
That is where churches and other NGOs should step in. They can step in and help those hustlers who really want to change or who can't help themselves.
what is the function of Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development?
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 05, 2013
JulianBond007: Legalizing prostitution will save marriages from divorce? What is the major cause of divorce if I may ask you? Inability of the woman to satisfy her husband sexually which makes the man patronise prostitutes?

Yes, Yes and Yes, and if you know how many men travel abroad for sex tourism you will be amazed, people just suffer quiet desperation are do not talk about it.

Legalizing Sex Trading will change the dynamics and put these call girls less in harms way, at the moment any man can pick a girl and very much harm her and she has no government support. Go to www dot sextrader dot co dot za and you gonna see a bit of what am saying in South Africa. You check them out, call, bargain and she arrives, takes care of you and she goes. No need to commit to a girl that will make you emotionally connected with her then start acting stupid towards your wife which is a precursor of failed marriages.

Sex trading should be legalized.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by luvmijeje(f): 10:37am On Dec 05, 2013
arcbabe: babe I know they are angry because they are patronising this prostitutes. I have noticed each time a thread is opened about this obalende prostitutes they become aggressive and instead of contributing their quota to eradicate prostitution,they instead result to attacking the person talking about how this prostitutes can be eradicated from our streets.
*wipe tears from eyes* Contribute their quota ke?
As far is consensual, I don't have issue with prostitution but as someone said they should stop insulting our sensibilities through hawking of their goods on major roads.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 05, 2013
Billyonaire: I say, we legalize Prostitution and subject every call girl to HIV test before issuing them license to operate. That will save so much marriages from divorce.
A HIV test is only credible as at the time the test was taken moreso for a person who is loose or promiscuous.
As for marriage one cause of marital conflict is in fact promiscuity. Legalizing harlotry will in no way shape or form cut down promiscuity.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by JulianBond007: 10:40am On Dec 05, 2013
Smh at men supporting the legalization of prostitution. There's no point arguing further. Lol! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 05, 2013
JulianBond007: what is the function of Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development?

Come on Julie you know they have a lot of things to do. They have to help the law-abiding and the innocent women and children. We are talking about widows,nursing mothers, orphans, abused wives, the training and education of the girl-child,etc.

My point is that if a street hustler is tired of hustling there should be NGOs she can turn to for help and support. She can even go to the ministry of Woman Affairs and Social Development. But only on an individual basis.

Just rounding up these hustlers enmass, telling them off and giving them soft loans to start a business is not the way to go. There needs to be harsh consequences to those who willingly break the law of the land.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777:
A HIV test is only credible as at the time the test was taken moreso for a person who is loose or promiscuous.
As for marriage one cause of marital conflict is in fact promiscuity. Legalizing harlotry will in no way shape or form cut down promiscuity.

It will, the main cause of marital woes is not "untraceable one-time sex with a ho", the main culprit is the emotional connection and commitment with a girl that a husband has developed which draws him away from the wife and kids. But if Sex trading is legalized, a man can browse through the brochure or webportal, chose a lady of his longing, pay the cash money and get it done and over with and the wife will never know, so to the women who long for varieties of the D too. This issue of quiet sex desperation are for both gender, no body holy pass.

I say we legalize it, Standard HIV test duration is every 4-6 months.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 05, 2013
JulianBond007: Smh at men supporting the legalization of prostitution. There's no point arguing further. Lol! grin grin

Time changes, we have evolved. The girls are not making it easy for anyone to remain chaste.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 05, 2013
Billyonaire:
It will, the main cause of marital woes is not "untraceable one-time sex with a ho", the main culprit is the emotional connection and commitment with a girl that a husband has developed which draws him away from the wife and kids. But if Sex trading is legalized, a man can browse through the brochure or webportal, chose a lady of his longing, pay the cash money and get it done and over with and the wife will never know, so to the women who long for varieties of the D too. This issue of quiet sex desperation are for both gender, no body holy pass.
I say we legalize it.
It seems you just want to argue. There are men that patronize ashawos. These men due to the nature of intercourse are more or less ashawo men themselves.
There are another set of men that keep mistresses outside their matrimonial home. This relationship is not just about sex for money. There is also an emotional and intellectual connection as well.
However one should not confuse the two. Legalizing prostitution will not in any way shape or form make the 2nd group of men give up their mistresses, so I don't know what you're on about.
This thread is about clamping down on prostitution and you are here saying they should be legalized. smh
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2013
simpleseyi:

If you deport them to Biafra Republic now, their brothers and sisters in Nairaland will start crying again.

Do you want to turn this to a tribal war??

Do you want me to give you facts/statistics about the major tribe involved in prostitution in Nigeria?

I could also send you to places in Lagos to confirm
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777:
It seems you just want to argue. There are men that patronize ashawos. These men due to the nature of intercourse are more or less ashawo men themselves.
There are another set of men that keep mistresses outside their matrimonial home. This relationship is not just about sex for money. There is also an emotional and intellectual connection as well.
However one should not confuse the two. Legalizing prostitution will not in any way shape or form make the 2nd group of men give up their mistresses, so I don't know what you're on about.
This thread is about clamping down on prostitution and you are here saying they should be legalized. smh

Prostitution is the oldest profession, you cant simply stop it. Legalizing is the only way to control it.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 05, 2013
^^
Then why not open a thread for that calling for legalization instead of derailing this thread with your off base views?
However you know and I know that harlotry is much more than a trade.It is actually an activity whereby the customers are initiated into a witchcraft cult and a hedonistic lifestyle.
Prostitution in biblical times was associated with idolatry and devil worship and it is such to this day though in more subtle forms.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:29am On Dec 05, 2013
In my opinion the op is just a wannabe of the gal that open a thread about a similar topic, she is just looking for attention.

She accuses them of 'dirtying' the place, but they only stand there at night, and I can't think of how the would 'dirty' the place.

She claims they are the cause of traffic jam @ obalende, I fail to see how. People who patronize/price them would go to the side of the street, they wouldn't do that on the main road.

I think this thread should be closed, any further discussion should be referred to the (similar) post created earlier.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 05, 2013
^^Why should it be closed when it is referring to a specific area of a state she resides in. And so what if its only at night.Is there no traffic/business at night? Which decent lady wants to pass though an ashawo zone anyway.
If you don't want to participate,simply give the thread a pass.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 05, 2013
Well the Fashola Government is very mindful of the image Lagos State projects to the world.
They need to do the needful and clear the Obalende area of ashawos, pimpps and drug-addicts.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by deeptesting(m): 11:48am On Dec 05, 2013
Live and lets live............@OP stop advocating for the destruction of people`s means of livelihood..Believe me what is decent to you could be indecent to other people and what is indecent to you could be decent to other people. We must respect and tolerate each other to have a peaceful world. They are hustlers and do not put gun on peoples head to patronize them. Let prostitution be LEGALIZE.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by youngalex(m): 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
I tink lagos Govt. Should approve an international sex market(like sex village) where all sex workers will converge to ply their trade....if you need sex u go there...shikina
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by tpia5: 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
NO LONG TIN: In my opinion the op is just a wannabe of the gal that open a thread about a similar topic, she is just looking for attention.

She accuses them of 'dirtying' the place, but they only stand there at night, and I can't think of how the would 'dirty' the place.

She claims they are the cause of traffic jam @ obalende, I fail to see how. People who patronize/price them would go to the side of the street, they wouldn't do that on the main road.

I think this thread should be closed, any further discussion should be referred to the (similar) post created earlier.

Maybe they want those prostitutes off that area so they can bring in a fresh batch from somewhere else.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
tpia@:

Maybe they want those prostitutes off that area so they can bring in a fresh batch from somewhere else.
what like seriously! Am even surprised why men are not afraid of having sexx with those girls with the rate at which people get infected with hiv and stds. Men don't want them off the streets for selfish reasons
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by richP: 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
so a group of women Are seen on the streets and you want the goverment to clear them.
the only way this can happen is if they actually approach men to solicit, that is constituting a public nuisance.
prostitute isn't branded on their head, is it?
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by wirinet(m): 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
I honestly do not know why the OP is complaining about Obalende Ashewos. Are they hawking their services in go slow like gala and lacasera sellers thereby causing traffic? And how are they causing dirt on the streets, with condom packets.

Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world and still remain one of the biggest industry. Even ultra religious Saudi Arabia has a thriving se.x industry. All major cities in the world has a red light district. Go to Soho in london and you will see a well structured se.x district.

You should be advocating for a better structure for the se.x trade in order to provide protection for the girls, good medical protection for both girls and clients and good hygenic environment.

Some of those so called dirty postitutes have been able to hold down respectible men as husbands than some polished career women

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by MayorofLagos(m): 8:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
youngalex: I tink lagos Govt. Should approve an international sex market(like sex village) where all sex workers will converge to ply their trade....if you need sex u go there...shikina

Ahhh, another enemy of the state, calling for government to sponsor an international ashewo joint.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
youngalex: I tink lagos Govt. Should approve an international sex market(like sex village) where all sex workers will converge to ply their trade....if you need sex u go there...shikina
why don't you also ask the govt to bring the sex workers to your house. Rubbish! Shm!
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by ifyalways(f): 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
I just drove through Obalende.I even took the liberty of doing 2 laps,I did not see or notice any lady of questionable character. undecided
@OP,which time do you notice the said girls,midnight ?
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
ifyalways: I just drove through Obalende.I even took the liberty of doing 2 laps,I did not see or notice any lady of questionable character. undecided
what time did you drive through that area?
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
Aigbofa: I suspect a "go and die" trap for Fashola. I doubt he will fall for it.
cheesy For where? Fash na sense man na.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
arcbabe: why don't you also ask the govt to bring the sex workers to your house. Rubbish! Shm!
stop syh cheesy shake something else abeg.
Re: Governor Fashola Should Get Rid Of Obalende Prostitutes. by MayorofLagos(m): 11:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
ifyalways: I just drove through Obalende.I even took the liberty of doing 2 laps,I did not see or notice any lady of questionable character. undecided

Ify, this op is a small girl who wants to bite more than she can chew. She wants to create palava for obalende community. She wants to introduce communist idea in Lagos.

My sister, run through one more lap abeg, stop for mammi market get me schnapps. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? / Governor Badaru: Debts, Uncompleted Projects Nearly Drove Me Out Of Office / Senate: Kidnappers To Get Life Imprisonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.