Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

B2b Web-based Fulfilment Service - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / B2b Web-based Fulfilment Service (1025 Views)

Design And Implementation Of A Web Based Student Academic Record Generating System. / 8 Surefire Strategies for Monetizing Your B2B Website / Web Based Software Vs Standalone Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

B2b Web-based Fulfilment Service by sbucareer(f): 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2006

I will like to communiqué this business case here in the forum.  It will not only help me in my current project but will enable participants to learn J2EE and related technologies.

The business case is that a client would identify a new possible web market. The retailers would and can gain access to overseas market through web presence and also could use telemarketing provided and our client could address delivery/returns and warehousing issues

Our client will sought to be the middle ground between retailers, and warehousing and transport organisations.

Our client planned to charge small fee from each transaction, offering the retailers greater sales for no establishment cost

Technical case
The potential high volume message required in real-time to update dispatch, stock, financial and order information locally and centrally.  Our solution would permit input in a number of format to handle bottlenecks at peak times, provide an audit trail and be scalable for future expansion.

Technical/software case

It is a web application and would be built under J2EE specification for later expansion and scalability, security and interopertability.

Finally if you are interested make you self available as I would be putting up the technical and other requirements specifications.

Re: B2b Web-based Fulfilment Service by sbucareer(f): 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2006

Our input

Our initial remit will be the proof of concept, architecture and design of all appropriate hardware and software. Costs had to be minimised but future expansion catered for. The main issue will be translating messages in a wide range of formats (EDI, FTP, X400, e-mail etc.) and content (ordering of message content, format and single/batch mode). Given that a source message (e.g. a sales order) could generate multiple onward messages (e.g. stock level checks, credit, lookup of fulfilment house, delivery instructions)

Re: B2b Web-based Fulfilment Service by sbucareer(f): 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2006

I would like us to follow this dummy Gnatt Chart.

Re: B2b Web-based Fulfilment Service by clocky(m): 11:56pm On Jun 16, 2006
Try to make ur project more agile and iterative. Basically u need to break down the project u wanna do into features and implement these features in iterations. You will be more likely to develop a better product that meets the requirements of ur customer this way.
Re: B2b Web-based Fulfilment Service by sbucareer(f): 12:17am On Jun 17, 2006

Thanks. Each phase can be further communique with any methodology. You can chose a phase and apply either agile, adaptive or iterative method. The Chart showed above is an overview of the time scale and phases needed to complete the project.

In my technical documentation, which I will be putting up in no distance future will elaborate and communique the methodology we will use. I am thinking of XP (Extrem Programming), it has all the new methodologies flare i.e. agile, iterative, adaptive, waterfall etc.

The remit here is to agree on the project scope and gather three or more developers to work on the project. The source code will remain open. If you have noticed, this project will open opportunities to ordinary Nigerians who understand IT and Business, this is the concept the Indians are using in the global economy.

Re: B2b Web-based Fulfilment Service by clocky(m): 10:08am On Jun 17, 2006
What are the potential market for the product once it has been developed ?
Re: B2b Web-based Fulfilment Service by sbucareer(f): 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2006

Clocky, read the requirement specification above. It is the acquisition of web market. The software will address issues like transport, warehousing, payment and delivery.

Imagine you want a Mercedes Benz C180 2006 Model, our web market will address buying, payment and delivery to your house anywhere in the world.

(1) (Reply)

Vb.net Web Page / Facebook Group for PHP programmers / Hi, I Need Help With This Php Code :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.