Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) (12506 Views)

DOWNLOAD Dbanj – Raise Your Glasses [Hennessy Artistry 2013 Theme Song] / Dbanj - Raise Your Glasses (hennessy Artistry 2013 Theme Song) / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by TheRealMrStan(m): 6:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
jerrymania: Who are the ones raising their glasses? the poor man on the streets, the civil servant suffering to eke out a living, the frustrated nigerian students, the striking medical doctors or his cult members? its high time we start looking into the context of music to the nigerian reality
Basically,people like you.
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by IAMBREEZY: 7:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
dimples*:
What is "boards" on my nland page

Kilo mean undecided
babe why don't ya pm seun and ask him even me i have no clue about it
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by princenayo: 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
Over make sense.
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by prettyboi1(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nice video.
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by iamdsam: 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
Father don release again! Leave it for Banga Lee! I'm past of the temple Lee! Big hailings to the biggest fish Eja Nla. Tight video! I love you D'banj! #team_db

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ok!
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
IAMBREEZY: babe why don't u ya pm seun and ask him even me i have no clue about it
'
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by psalmdave(m): 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ikengawo: this song is extremely boring, the guy that complained is right. Though it's not dbanjs job to report on poverty and suffering in Nigeria because he didn't cause it. Nigerian movies and music are escapist, they help people not think about the frustrations of life and that's why they're so excessively unrealistic and shallow. Still, we would be an irresponsible generation to allow our creative expression to go down in history as a constant unending fantasy about women's asses and drinking. You can see in the lyrics of a an Osita Osadebe, Fela Kuti, Sunny Ade, Prince Nico, Rex Lawson in comparison to Dbanj, Terry G, Davido, etc that we're a culture in decline. The type of indiscipline and lack of morals vision or grounding is not enough to sustain the type of enlightened or developed society we're aspiring to have because all of our kids want to be rappers, all of our girls want to be rappers side chicks and all of their friends aspire to be entourage. They think this music video is a 'life style'

even look at the comments saying this is a good video. If a club will allow you, anyone can make this video with an Iphone and single bottle on hennessy. This isn't a good video, if you want to see good videos leave your village and study the world's videography. Hennessy is using the greed of our artists to push alcohol on their young fans. How old is the average person that listens to Dbanj? is this your father's music or your younger brother and sister's music? I'm 25 and I even feel too old to be listening to this mess.
BROS PLEASE,NO OFFENSE BUT I THINK U GUYS ARE BEEN A LITTLE TOO HARD ON THIS NEW GENERATION ARTISTS,SO U EXPECT TUFACE,DAVIDO ETC TO BE SINGING LIKE SUNNY ADE AND CO........

THESE GUYS ARE JUST LIKE EVERYODA HUMAN BEING AND THEY WERE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BECOME RICH AND FAMOUS SO I SEE NO REASON Y EVERYONE SHOULD BE SO HYPOCRITICAL AND START BLAMING THEM FOR EVERYTHING THEY DO,CAR THEY BUY,FOOD THEY EAT,WHERE THEY GO,WHO THEY MARRY ETC

GREAT MINDS DONT HAVE TIME FOR ALL THESE AND LASTLY IF ALL OF U CONDEMNING THESE ARTIST WERE SO RESPONSIBLE U WILL BE LISTENING TO ARTIST LIKE DON MOEN,SINACH,LIONEL RICHIE,CARRIE UNDERWOOD,JOHN LEGEND ETC AND NOT BLAMING NIGERIAS POVERTY,CORRUPTION,HUNGER ON EVERY HIT DAVIDO,WIZKID ETC RELEASE

LETS DO SOMETHING RESPONSIBLE WITH OURSELVES

10 Likes

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
Adesam09: it

kini
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
IAMBREEZY: babe why don't u ya pm seun and ask him even me i have no clue about it

help me na angry

my page is getting too bulky angry
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by Akshow: 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ikengawo: this song is extremely boring, the guy that complained is right. Though it's not dbanjs job to report on poverty and suffering in Nigeria because he didn't cause it. Nigerian movies and music are escapist, they help people not think about the frustrations of life and that's why they're so excessively unrealistic and shallow. Still, we would be an irresponsible generation to allow our creative expression to go down in history as a constant unending fantasy about women's asses and drinking. You can see in the lyrics of a an Osita Osadebe, Fela Kuti, Sunny Ade, Prince Nico, Rex Lawson in comparison to Dbanj, Terry G, Davido, etc that we're a culture in decline. The type of indiscipline and lack of morals vision or grounding is not enough to sustain the type of enlightened or developed society we're aspiring to have because all of our kids want to be rappers, all of our girls want to be rappers side chicks and all of their friends aspire to be entourage. They think this music video is a 'life style'

even look at the comments saying this is a good video. If a club will allow you, anyone can make this video with an Iphone and single bottle on hennessy. This isn't a good video, if you want to see good videos leave your village and study the world's videography. Hennessy is using the greed of our artists to push alcohol on their young fans. How old is the average person that listens to Dbanj? is this your father's music or your younger brother and sister's music? I'm 25 and I even feel too old to be listening to this mess.
U are 25.....hmmmm no wonder all the childish tribal rants and tantrums on nairaland. Get well soon bro. Envy is a bitter bile I hope it does not consume u sha.

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by kayslimshady(m): 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
Never liked him though undecided
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by bigx(m): 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
jerrymania: Who are the ones raising their glasses? the poor man on the streets, the civil servant suffering to eke out a living, the frustrated nigerian students, the striking medical doctors or his cult members? its high time we start looking into the context of music to the nigerian reality

Thats not the only nigerian reality
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by adelaja70(m): 8:00pm On Dec 05, 2013

You don finish?!...Oya find chair siddon.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by vanguard1(m): 8:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
emynez: pls how do i comment on nairaland? I'v bin trying
When last did you take your ARV drug
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by vanguard1(m): 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
adelaja70:
You don finish?!...Oya find chair siddon.
See me see wahala....person taking panadol for another person's headache. ASUU y?
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by Sloan: 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2013

You're a small boy, you need like a few dozen years to grow up with proper reasoning! No wonder most of your posts and threads are pretty dumbass! tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by FindOut(m): 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2013

Refreshing perspective. Some people out there still have sense afterall! Kudos.

3 Likes

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by FindOut(m): 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
Akshow: U are 25.....hmmmm no wonder all the childish tribal rants and tantrums on nairaland. Get well soon bro. Envy is a bitter bile I hope it does not consume u sha.

If all you can see from what he typed is ''envy'', then I wonder how old you are.

3 Likes

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by Sloan: 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
Akshow: U are 25.....hmmmm no wonder all the childish tribal rants and tantrums on nairaland. Get well soon bro. Envy is a bitter bile I hope it does not consume u sha.

So you noticed? No wonder this guy's only medicine is tribalism! The frustration of poverty, not leaving his backward village by the Niger and bigoted upbringing has dealt him a fatal blow even at 5 years of age, imagine now he is 25! What a big chip on his shoulders! grin grin No wife, no job, no money, no future while the likes of Dbanj can divide their lives even at 30 into 3000 pieces and it will still be more than enough for retardeens like him to live. Well, the fact that his name is Oyebanji is enough for you to go and hang yourself.

5 Likes

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by FindOut(m): 8:32pm On Dec 05, 2013

If all you can see from what he typed is ''envy'', then I wonder how old you are.
Sloan:

You're a small boy, you need like a few dozen years to grow up with proper reasoning! No wonder most of your posts and threads are pretty dumbass! tongue tongue tongue

While I wont even take time now to view Ikengawo's previous posts and topics, i'm curious as to what your own perception of ''proper reasoning'' is. Besides, are YOU a ''few dozen years'' older than 25? Because if you are not, then it's highly unlikely you have attained that stage of ''reasoning properly'' by your own standards.

Do you even know what a dozen is? undecided

3 Likes

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by airmark(m): 8:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
Peeps let's stay on topic, no tantrums. Thanks y'all.
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by cap28: 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2013

Gone are the days when we had people like Fela who was the spokesman of those without a voice, Fela was a multi talented musician who used his God given talent to challenge the corrupt powers that be, just as Bob Marley did in Jamaica, sadly such icons never live long enough to complete their mission on earth because the evil and corrupt forces that rule this world ensure that they are cut down in the prime of their lives in order to stop their mission of enlightenment of the masses.

Many greats have been silenced in this way eg Robert Nesta Marley, John Lennon, Jimmy Hendrix, Peter Tosh, Tupac Shakur ..... Sadly what we have in their place today are clowns and sycophants like D Banj - low on talent but high on mediocrity, these are the type of clowns who couldn't play a musical instrument or sing in tune even if their lives depended on it.

Despite their very limited talent they continue to feature all over the media with their awful, easily forgettable lyrics, non existent talent and pathetic dance routines. How long do we have to wait before we are gifted with the reincarnation of the great Abami Eda ?

3 Likes

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by funkymedina: 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
what dry song. Dbanj has lost it . After Oliver I havent enjoyed any of his songs ..what a gwan?

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by Ikengawo: 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
Let be real, this new type of Nigerian music is simply boring. This song is boring, the lyrics are boring, the beat is boring, the concept is forgettable. Nobody will remember this song in 7 days. That's the problem.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by alphaconde(m): 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
Messsage from ASUU to students
When Festus Iyayi(former ASUU chairman) a man
fighting for you died, u all did not use him as ur DP.
A certain Paul Walker died & u all took over social
media to announce it and his pix was ur DP.
Some of una dey cry like say na ur mama pikin or d guy
that pays ur school fees.
This act shows u love movies & entertainment more
than education.
Make una dey house dey watch Tv and mourn Paul
Walker cuz una go tey house!

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by cap28: 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
psalmdave: BROS PLEASE,NO OFFENSE BUT I THINK U GUYS ARE BEEN A LITTLE TOO HARD ON THIS NEW GENERATION ARTISTS,SO U EXPECT TUFACE,DAVIDO ETC TO BE SINGING LIKE SUNNY ADE AND CO........

THESE GUYS ARE JUST LIKE EVERYODA HUMAN BEING AND THEY WERE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BECOME RICH AND FAMOUS SO I SEE NO REASON Y EVERYONE SHOULD BE SO HYPOCRITICAL AND START BLAMING THEM FOR EVERYTHING THEY DO,CAR THEY BUY,FOOD THEY EAT,WHERE THEY GO,WHO THEY MARRY ETC

GREAT MINDS DONT HAVE TIME FOR ALL THESE AND LASTLY IF ALL OF U CONDEMNING THESE ARTIST WERE SO RESPONSIBLE U WILL BE LISTENING TO ARTIST LIKE DON MOEN,SINACH,LIONEL RICHIE,CARRIE UNDERWOOD,JOHN LEGEND ETC AND NOT BLAMING NIGERIAS POVERTY,CORRUPTION,HUNGER ON EVERY HIT DAVIDO,WIZKID ETC RELEASE

LETS DO SOMETHING RESPONSIBLE WITH OURSELVES

You need to go and google Kendrick Lamar a young African American brother whose major inspiration in life is Tupac Shakur, despite his youth (born in 1987) which makes him 26, he is very knowledgeable and aware of the decline in the quality of hip hop artists in America . I have a lot of respect and admiration for this youth because he says that he is totally fed up of the pathetic state of the hip hop genre in America today and wants to resurrect the great and golden era of early hip hop. We need youths like him in Nigeria to stop buying into empty materialism and continue the legacy of the late great Fela Kuti. Enough already of these talentless muppets who keep mimicking the likes of Ricky Rozay, lil wayne 2 chainz, kanye waste and other illuminati posers.
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by Akshow: 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
Find Out!:

If u know him and follow is post on every topic on nairaland u will get what I mean. Until then stfu! and don't poke ur nose into that which concern u not.

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by tintingz(m): 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2013

Ehyaa, I feel your pain grin grin
Re: D'banj - Raise Your Glasses (Video) by Akshow: 9:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
funky medina: what dry song. Dbanj has lost it . Afrter Oliver I havent enjoyed any of his songs ..what a gwan?
nobody will notice u have not enjoyed any of his songs since oliver twist cos u are a nobody.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Ariana Grande - 34+35 (remix) Ft. Doja Cat & Megan Thee Stallion / Asa – The Beginning (Video) / Ekaette Song Gets Banned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.