Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! (4673 Views)

What Is That Thing That Naija Men Do That Turns You Off Completely? / Lady Finally Replies Me After I Asked Her A Question 2years Ago On Fb Chat. / Naija Men And White Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by CongoleseQueen: 2:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
I'm Congolese, but I'm very attracted to Nigerian men. I've always wondered, let's just say I end up getting engaged to one -- would his family like/accept me?

Which tribe is more accepting of foreign women?

Please be honest in your responses -- don't just say things to make me feel better.

1 Like

Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by HisRib(f): 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hi Dear,

Welcome ooo!

Nairalanders can be a bit harsh, so just be prepared.

But to answer your question:

Does it really matter if his family doesn't accept/like you? His love for you is all that counts.

If the man you end up marrying loves you with all of his heart, you have nothing to worry about because he will never let his family abuse you.

2 Likes

Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by Beync(f): 2:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
I don't know of a particular tribe that accepts or rejects foreigners, but I know families differs
Some are friendly, accommodating and peaceful while some are not. Pray and find out about his family background and the man in question.
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by MrLoverMAn(m): 2:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hello CongoleseQueen:

Welcome to the forum:

Yorubas are more accepting to foreign women.
The igbos tend to stick to igbos ( I know this cos am igbo).

But bear in mind this is a generalization.

What is more important is you find some one who you like and likes you.
Hopefully the family will like you all the same if you are of good character and from a good family.
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by CongoleseQueen: 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
MrLoverMAn: Hello CongoleseQueen:

Welcome to the forum:

Yorubas are more accepting to foreign women.
The igbos tend to stick to igbos ( I know this cos am igbo).

But bear in mind this is a generalization.

What is more important is you find some one who you like and likes you.
Hopefully the family will like you all the same if you are of good character and from a good family.

Well that sucks because I happen to be attracted a bit more to Igbos than the other tribes. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by CongoleseQueen: 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
HisRib: Hi Dear,

Welcome ooo!

Nairalanders can be a bit harsh, so just be prepared.

But to answer your question:

Does it really matter if his family doesn't accept/like you? His love for you is all that counts.

If the man you end up marrying loves you with all of his heart, you have nothing to worry about because he will never let his family abuse you.

Hi Thanks!

You're right, but no woman wants to be in a situation where her in laws hate her. It's the worst.
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by MrLoverMAn(m): 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
CongoleseQueen:

Well that sucks because I happen to be attracted a bit more to Igbos than the other tribes. Thanks for the info!

CongoleseQueen, like I said its a generalization.
There are lots of Igbos that have married non - igbos
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
CongoleseQueen: I'm Congolese, but I'm very attracted to Nigerian men. I've always wondered, let's just say I end up getting engaged to one -- would his family like/accept me?

Please be honest in your responses -- don't just say things to make me feel better.

how old are u? Without any sentiment that is d first tin ur would be inlaw in igboland wil consider.if ur older than their son ( i.e ur husband) they wont take it easy with u.whereas the yorubas are good in dis angle.they no send.peter okoye and wife is a good example.but the good side of an average igbo man is dat if they marry they don marry be dat.unlike d yorubas dat is ready to marry una as much/plenty/quantum as possible

3 Likes

Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
CongoleseQueen: I'm Congolese, but I'm very attracted to Nigerian men. I've always wondered, let's just say I end up getting engaged to one -- would his family like/accept me?

Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by Enegod(m): 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by Enegod(m): 4:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by vizboy(m): 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
it all depends on the man.

If he loves you then he knows how to go about is family,He will take care of it.

2 Likes

Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by oseiwe(m): 4:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
I prefer south african, my people too.
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by CongoleseQueen: 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thank you all for your responses. They were helpful.

Good day!
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
CongoleseQueen: Thank you all for your responses. They were helpful.

Good day!
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by CongoleseQueen: 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
talk2davoo: pls send ur email id to: talk2davoo2012@gmail.com

May I ask, why?
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by MrCork: 4:53pm On Dec 04, 2013

…Congrats…are u light skin? angry
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by CongoleseQueen: 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
-Mr Cork-:

…Congrats…are u light skin? angry

What are you congratulating me for? I'm confused.
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
CongoleseQueen:

May I ask, why?
dont worry
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by MrCork: 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
CongoleseQueen:

What are you congratulating me for? I'm confused.

...coz am a *plaYa* angry
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by EejaNla01(m): 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
talk2davoo: dont worry

Nyc1 from you wink
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by Nutase: 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
talk2davoo: @op i've sent u a pm pls reply or better still send me a blank mail via my email: talk2davoo2012@gmail.com from what i saw in ur pics u are amazingly beautiful like my igbo sisters

419 thrives in naija because of mugus like you. Hope you saw the sugar mummy post today please apply for that one too.
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by Dubemkelly(m): 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Don't think there r particular tribes who do or do not,well,I'm igbo n two of my uncles r married to foreigners a Congelese n an English. Love n understanding r what that matter not wat d tribe thinks of.

2 Likes

Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by MrCork: 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2013

...u like guys from Peckham? smiley
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nutase:

419 thrives in naija because of mugus like you. Hope you saw the sugar mummy post today please apply for that one too.
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by MzRaeRae(f): 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
CongoleseQueen:

Pls O..itz a lie...If u check it awt ud see dat most halfcast..halfbreeds persay ar mostly half igbos..Cos igbos ar div3rse..But it doesnt rili mata..if he loves u..hell accept u nd xo will his family

2 Likes

Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by CongoleseQueen: 10:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mz_®ae'®ae:
Pls O..itz a lie...If u check it awt ud see dat most halfcast..halfbreeds persay ar mostly half igbos..Cos igbos ar div3rse..But it doesnt rili mata..if he loves u..hell accept u nd xo will his family

Oh really?
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by 50calibre(m): 12:48am On Dec 05, 2013
CongoleseQueen:

May I ask, why?

Because he wants to scam you
Re: Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! by pasqal09: 12:54am On Dec 05, 2013
I knw igbos rarely marry from other Nigerian tribes but they marry foreigners alot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tall and Ugly; Short and Handsome. Pick One / Why? / Ladies What Would You Do If You Just Married And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.