Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU (27265 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU / ASUU Strike: Union Rejects Jonathan’s N200bn Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by adonismuller(m): 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
prof.femi:

You mean like this? : https://www.nairaland.com/1471435/ASUU-strike-lecturer-speaks

I repeat, your problem is that you are used to only a certain type of lecturer from your alma mata.

Since you leveled two accusations against me, and as God would have it, my previous threads show the obvious errors in them, I will await your apology (if you have any shred of sincerity or decency).
good,I commend your effort in that link,that's what I expected of u, be that as it may,your comments on this trend attacking students and making sentimental comments did not depict professionalism,

You should know that students are tired! Or if you were a student can you stay at home ƒσя 6 months without complains?

FG has tried by shifting grounds.you guys should stop being greedy and Egocentric....good9t to you!!!
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Malawian(m): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
prof.femi:

Well, I can tell you that your department is an exception then. I have never denied the existence of lazy, inept or corrupt lecturers. I have however always been quick to note that the system has, since the 80's, been unable to recruit and retain the best minds at graduation, and this goes a long way to explaining the epidemic of disgraceful lecturer conduct.

Having said all that, no one should be left in doubt about whether
(a) the system is better able to recruit good minds now than in the 90's
(b) facilities-wise, there has been a definite improvement
(c) funding has improved

My brother, all of these are due to ASUU's efforts. So, let us criticize the corrupt and inept lecturers. In fact, lets fire them (I mean that). But let us also recognize that ASUU, as a union, has been the *only* entity keeping FG honest on tertiary education.

which school gave you a professorship? what was their criteria? obviously it wasnt in being smart. the problem is that you met a president who is willing and have been trying to make the country a better place for our children. you failed generation will not leave without a fight.
as a "professor" what is the invention that can be attributed to you?

what have you given to the country as a "professor"

why not put in a job application to one of the numerous private universities and see if you will be successful.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by proffemi: 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
adonismuller: your comments on this trend attacking students and making sentimental comments did not depict professionalism
Thanks for at least admitting that I previously did the right thing. For the records however, I did *not* attack students, and I tried my utmost to stay professional. As a teacher, ignorance is my sworn enemy. All I have tried to do here, as always, is to try to educate.

...stop being greedy and Egocentric...
this shows your view of ASUU, which colors every statement you make. How can you say we are "greedy" when the 200b that is the main problem now will never touch the hands of any lecturer? If you go through my previous posts, you will see clearly that I am sick and tired of the strike. However, the FG has burnt our hands so many times, and we need to be as sure as we can be before we call off. That way, we will not need to go on strike again next year when the stories start from FG.

Its got nothing to do with greed or ego. Its got a lot to do with the sad fact that the Nigerian Presidency can no longer be taken at its word.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by texazzpete(m): 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
adonismuller: good,I commend your effort in that link,that's what I expected of u, be that as it may,your comments on this trend attacking students and making sentimental comments did not depict professionalism,

You should know that students are tired! Or if you were a student can you stay at home ƒσя 6 months without complains?

FG has tried by shifting grounds.you guys should stop being greedy and Egocentric....good9t to you!!!

To be fair, as a self proclaimed graduate, I expect a lot better from you. I expect market women to parrot the 'ASUU are greedy' mantra. Not someone who says he has been educated to MSc level.

1 Like

Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by proffemi: 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
Malawian:
which school gave you a professorship? what was their criteria? obviously it wasnt in being smart. the problem is that you met a president who is willing and have been trying to make the country a better place for our children. you failed generation will not leave without a fight.

why not put in a job application to one of the numerous private universities and see if you will be successful.

Smile. Good luck trolling.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by proffemi: 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
texazzpete: You need to lay off him. He sounds like the real deal, exactly the type of lecturer we need to turn things around.

Thank you for your kind words, valued even more because they come from such an intelligent person.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
The Prof keeps taking these ungrateful Nigerian students and their guardians to the cleaners. Seriously, what's wrong with you people?! "a ntori aja n ja, aja ni talon ja lenkunle owun" The FG you so defend has never denied that the situation in the universities is not as ASUU calls it! The FG is just not perturbed enough to commit to the change required to bring them back from the brink of total collapse. Which is an aberration, really.

At this point, what I would have expected the smart ones amongst you to be doing is taking ASUU and FG to task on what is really needed for proper reforms. Surprisingly, you're not, probably because you don't see yourselves as stakeholders! It is a shame, really.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Malawian(m): 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
prof.femi:

Smile. Good luck trolling.

you still did not answer any question.

do i smell cowardice?

what is the invention that can be attributed to your "professorship" ?

professor of what if i may ask.

not a hard question to answer for an "intellectual" such as you.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by proffemi: 9:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
Malawian:

you still did not answer any question.

do i smell cowardice?

what is the invention that can be attributed to your "professorship" ?

professor of what if i may ask.

not a hard question to answer for an "intellectual" such as you.

As I have said many times on this forum, I value my anonymity greatly. You don't need to know what I have invented etc. Weigh me by my posts, and if I am found wanting, say so.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
Why does Sincere 9gerian avoid threads like this?
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by proffemi: 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
olu_kenzo :
At this point, what I would have expected the smart ones amongst you to be doing is taking ASUU and FG to task on what is really needed for proper reforms. Surprisingly, you're not, probably because you don't see yourselves as stakeholders! It is a shame, really.

Thanks my brother. In a particular series of posts, I even want as far as suggesting how students could do more to make their lecturers more accountable. However, Nigerian students are typically this way: just give 'em the easy route. In this case, all they want is:let me graduate on time ooo, it doesn't matter whether the education you're giving me is crap. It's so irritating seeing people deliberately close their minds to the truth.

2 Likes

Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by adonismuller(m): 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
texazzpete:

To be fair, as a self proclaimed graduate, I expect a lot better from you. I expect market women to parrot the 'ASUU are greedy' mantra. Not someone who says he has been educated to MSc level.
you have been notice! Can you move on now?
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by proffemi: 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
Malawian: you still did not answer any question.do i smell cowardice?what is the invention that can be attributed to your "professorship" ?professor of what if i may ask.not a hard question to answer for an "intellectual" such as you.

By the way, do you have something meaningful to add to the discussion, or are you just here to challenge my "professorship"?
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Malawian(m): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
prof.femi:

As I have said many times on this forum, I value my anonymity greatly. You don't need to know what I have invented etc. Weigh me by my posts, and if I am found wanting, say so.

wow, an anonymous "professor". you just summed up yourself nicely.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
Malawian:

lol. Your asinine questions leads one to ask if all humans possess the same quality of matière grise. However, one does not need to probe any deeper, the truth is out there, some are more equal than the others.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by proffemi: 9:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
Malawian: wow, an anonymous "professor". you just summed up yourself nicely.

Smile. I indeed stand "summed". But come, contribute something intelligent to the discussion at hand, or are you incapable of doing that?
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Malawian(m): 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
prof.femi:

By the way, do you have something meaningful to add to the discussion, or are you just here to challenge my "professorship"?

who gave you a "professorship"? shouldn't the FG be wary about the "quality" of our professors?

just a simple question and you are beating about the bush.

so this is how you lecture your students?

how has the country benefited from your supposed "professorship"
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by proffemi: 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
Malawian: who gave you a "professorship"? shouldn't the FG be wary about the "quality" of our professors? just a simple question and you are beating about the bush. so this is how you lecture your students? how has the country benefited from your supposed "professorship"

Since you're obviously up to no good, and obviously thoroughly incapable of intelligent, civil discourse, I will ignore you henceforth.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by texazzpete(m): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
Malawian:

wow, an anonymous "professor". you just summed up yourself nicely.

Actually, he's only ever been interested in 'summing' himself up as an anonymous ASUU member.

Thanks a lot, Captain Obvious smiley
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
prof.femi:

Thanks my brother. In a particular series of posts, I even want as far as suggesting how students could do more to make their lecturers more accountable. However, Nigerian students are typically this way: just give 'em the easy route. In this case, all they want is:let me graduate on time ooo, it doesn't matter whether the education you're giving me is crap. It's so irritating seeing people deliberately close their minds to the truth.

Of course. I was on the thread where students complained of randy and lazy academics and you suggested the use of IT to curb the excesses of such academics --a ratemylecturer.com, for example.

The problem of Nigeria/Nigerians stems from poverty, greed and cowardice, and hence misrulership. Get rich quick, awoof, bonus, buy one get ten free, God will save us, prayer is the key, my imam said, I assure you one cannot run out of examples to site. We need a total reform of the Nigerian mind, and it must start right from the home.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by slimfit1(m): 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ok
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Malawian(m): 9:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
olu_kenzo :

Of course. I was on the thread where students complained of randy and lazy academics and you suggested the use of IT to curb the excesses of such academics --a ratemylecturer.com, for example.

The problem of Nigeria/Nigerians stems from poverty, greed and cowardice, and hence misrulership. Get rich quick, awoof, bonus, buy one get ten free, God will save us, prayer is the key, my imam said, I assure you one cannot run out of examples to site. We need a total reform of the Nigerian mind, and it must start right from the home.

you and "prof.femi" should get a room!! ojare.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by ayili: 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
prof.femi:

please can you refer me to that post that you suggested how students could hold lecturers accountable... I really want to know how that can be possible ..
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by kawkab: 9:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
olabukola: what does it benefit you and your student brothers and sisters if the strike continues. The fed is not losing, ASUU are not losing rather the future generation of Nigeria.

Some unis has started already and those that refused to start are not doing their students any better.

Whether GEJ loss or win the next election it doesn't change anything in his life and their is no way anybody will read the history of Nigeria without mentioning his name.

We can't because GEJ is wrong and we keep on harming ourselves. At the end it doesn't make his wrong write and whatever harm we did to ourselves can never be reversed.

Nice talk and summation of the whole matter

1 Like

Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Olril18(m): 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
prof.femi:

So what's you point? Are you aware that FG has not said it has any problems paying the arrears? Are you aware that payment of the arrears is *standard* practice in labor issues in Nigeria? Why you guys want us to fight FG on both our behalves, but forfeit or salaries, I do not know.

Before you respond to that, can I quickly ask you: do you believe that ASUU is the only entity responsible for keeping school fees down? I often ask this question as a quick way of showing students that ASUU *does* fight for them.

to that last question,where was ASUU when fashola astronomically increased lasu's fees??,they did nothing,and the state gov descision still stands...
secondly,i may be against ASUU strike,but i see no reason why they shouldn't be paid as they are a labour group,infact when i know fg though adamant will pay at the end..im just sarcastically pointing to the time when ASUU chairman went public they are ready to forgo d arrears as long as they acheive their major aim in d strike
thirdly,ASUU has lost public sympathy,and thats not becos nigerians belive they are greedy like we students do,but because the strike has overstayed its welcome..it would have make more sense if ASUU had called of the strike,tell nigerians they will called off the strike for let say a month,but if govt fails to implement its demand,they are ready to go back on strike...sure nigerians will appreciate this and pressure will be on the govt.
u are making it sound(i apologised) like if the whole lot of this strike is about we students,while ignoring the selfish demand from ASUU as well..

1 Like

Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Olril18(m): 10:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
olu_kenzo :
The Prof keeps taking these ungrateful Nigerian students and their guardians to the cleaners. Seriously, what's wrong with you people?! "a ntori aja n ja, aja ni talon ja lenkunle owun" The FG you so defend has never denied that the situation in the universities is not as ASUU calls it! The FG is just not perturbed enough to commit to the change required to bring them back from the brink of total collapse. Which is an aberration, really.

i hope next year or two,when ASUU embark on their annual "festival of strike" again,u will be here defending them.
ur post made it looks like dis is d first time they will go on strike,so hillarious..
there have been 9 months strike,6 months,4 months,5months,3 months and of course this one is currently in its 6th month,and surely it wont be the
last...so lets rejoice ,lets celebrate,atleast infrastructures in nigeria universities has improved from the previous strikes,and these strikes has made nigerian universities among the best in the world.
why can't we just agreed that strikes are part of the decay?? ..because next year ASUU will embark

on strike again!!
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by dsenator: 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
The first question to be asked okupe and his ogas is why did they do this without informing the ASUU exco initially?It is not debatable that this government can never be trusted again as it has shown consistently over the past two years.We need the cbn governor to confirm this before it can be taken seriously.Its a shame on the part of our national assembly members to have kept quiet till now concerning this issue maybe because many of their children are not affected and even a bigger shame on nlc and tuc,have they removed "injustice to one is injustice to all" from their slogans?rather than the senate calling the presidency to order,Mark is now appealing to ASUU to call off the strike,what a shame.As for nlc,i believe this is the most compromised nlc we have had in the history of this country and people should tell D nlc president that if Oshiomole had run his own tenure like this,he would not have become a governor today.Govt in naija will never give you what rightfully belongs to you until u fight 4 it.

1 Like

Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 06, 2013
Olril18:

i hope next year or two,when ASUU embark on their annual "festival of strike" again,u will be here defending them.
ur post made it looks like dis is d first time they will go on strike,so hillarious..
there have been 9 months strike,6 months,4 months,5months,3 months and of course this one is currently in its 6th month,and surely it wont be the
last...so lets rejoice ,lets celebrate,atleast infrastructures in nigeria universities has improved from the previous strikes,and these strikes has made nigerian universities among the best in the world.
why can't we just agreed that strikes are part of the decay?? ..because next year ASUU will embark

on strike again!!

Oh yes, narrate the history of ASUU to your son! What you fail to see is that, although ASUU is part of the problem, some of these reforms they are actually calling for will curb most of their seeming excesses. This issue has been over flog here, really. The varsities are FG property, let them take charge and "do the needful".

I pity the naïve Nigerian parents and students who stood back as ASUU and FG duelled, you fail to see the need to intervene, hence, you will all be at the receiving end.

PS: Please desist from spelling Nigeria with small caps n angry
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by arsenesholer(m): 6:42am On Dec 06, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
I now know why you are in a hurry to go to school, because you just gained admission to the multi-campus university, Osun State University, with over six campuses.
. What's this simpleton saying? Over six campuses? Get your facts right next time,before you start making cretinous statements.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:09am On Dec 06, 2013
arsenesholer: . What's this simpleton saying? Over six campuses? Get your facts right next time,before you start making cretinous statements.
Oshogbo, Okuku, Ifetedo, Ipetu-Ijesha, Ejigbo and Ikire.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Demdem(m): 7:09am On Dec 06, 2013
adonismuller: I knew you would be here..that's how you parade every ASUU post with your pessimistic comments.....sadist!!!

Fool, there is a difference between a post and a thread. I comment on any thread i deem fit. Ur miserable kind cant change that fact.
Re: FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU by Demdem(m): 7:12am On Dec 06, 2013
Olril18:
use ur dull head pls
like jonathan is the first president that ASUU wiil go on strike strike during their administration......u can blame jonathan but other previous president are as well to blame...
why now put all blame on jonathan?? when other previous presidents are equally as to blame because it is a problem that has been mounting from jonathan predecessors..
atleast if they have been equally sincere with the useless organisation called "ASUU" ,jonathan wouldnt have been met with what he is now being crucify for.

Foolish Boy, i have no business with previous leaders. Their time is over and they are not in any position to effect any desired change.
That was the singular reason why Jonathan was elected. To make things right and not be insincere. U continue to look at the past while i continue to forge ahead. Retardeen is in charge now and he is expected to right all wrong. Deal with that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN / Video: Nigerian Student Beaten Mercilessly On The Street Of Malaysia / Photo: Students Protest In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.