Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah (2778 Views)

General Ihejirika Sues Stephen Davies For N100 Billion / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / 100 ,000 Workers To Be Laid Off Over N100 Billion Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by JECBOSS: 2:13am On Dec 05, 2013
Aviation Minister, Mrs. Stella Oduah,
has declared that the Nigeria
Aerotropolis project will generate an
estimated N100 billion annually for
the country.
She also disclosed that the United
State, China, Turkey and other
European countries have shown
interest in the Aerotropolis project.
The Minister said that the project will
provide at least 10 million jobs for
Nigerians, especially the youth, in the
first two years of its take-off.
The Minister spoke during the Public
Hearing organised by the House of
Representatives Ad hoc Committee
investigating the FCT Land Swap in
Abuja.
The Federal Ministry of Aviation is
participating in the land swap for the
Abuja Aerotropolis project.
The minister explained that the
projects which will be sited in Abuja
and other major international airports
across the country, has a value chain
with the potential to transform the
Nigerian economy and the living
standards of the rural farmers
through perishable cargo exports.
Explaining further, she said that the
initiative is private-sector driven with
20 per cent equity holding by
government through the Federal
Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN),
adding that value chains would span
the agricultural, health,
manufacturing, culture and tourism
sectors of the economy.
Already, she said investors from
Nigeria, the USA, China, Turkey and
other European countries have
embraced the initiative and that the
Federal Capital Development
Authority (FCDA) has endorsed the
Abuja Aerotropolis for which
documentation is being finalised for
the land acquisition.
Oduah further disclosed that that the
FCT has already incorporated the
Aerotropolis project into its
development master plan.
She equally allayed fears that
compensation will not be paid on the
land acquired, saying while the land
would be acquired at the going
commercial value, all due
compensation would also be paid
promptly.
However, she stressed that the
greatest compensation Nigerians will
get from the initiative will come in the
form of millions of jobs that will be
created for the teeming unemployed
youth population.
According to Oduah, ‘’The
development of airport cities
(aerotropolis) is a 21`st century
phenomenon that is gaining ground
all over the world. It is no longer
fashionable to have an International
Airport without the support facilities
and amenities such as shopping
arcades, hotels, packaging industries,
Residential Estates, modern airline
offices and recreational facilities. The
proposed aerotropolis will definitely
boost the Nigerian economy and
generate the much-needed
employment for our teeming youth”
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/12/aerotropolis-will-generate-n100b-annually-oduah/

7 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Princess2be(f): 2:16am On Dec 05, 2013
She is indeed a Charming Princess that gladdens our hearts.......but APC clowns will never agree! Ride On, Princess. We love U!

9 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by sopoundz(m): 2:34am On Dec 05, 2013
Berra
Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Goldmind1(m): 3:29am On Dec 05, 2013
Carry go my Princess.

9 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by plaindealer: 4:01am On Dec 05, 2013
Says the crooked, corrupt, incompetent and non credible pubic official...smh

2 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by benpuzzy(m): 5:14am On Dec 05, 2013
plaindealer: Says the crooked, corrupt, incompetent and non credible pubic official...smh

Aboki na im u be.

11 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Chanchit: 5:17am On Dec 05, 2013
Stella stella, na to buy bullet proof aeroplane now o, to defend urself from principalities and powers in the air. Jst buy one for ur self and one for our magician president as birthday gift...

3 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 05, 2013
I don't get this. Are they saying they plan to turn Abuja into an Aerotropolis? Or they want to build one near Abuja?
Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by gunuvi(m): 6:33am On Dec 05, 2013
This woman is performing o.
Haters abeg leave am alone as no I haven't seen any saint politician in Naija yet across all political parties.

8 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 05, 2013
ROSSIKE: I don't get this. Are they saying they plan to turn Abuja into an Aerotropolis? Or they want to build one near Abuja?

I think it will be in all international airports in the country not just Abuja alone. Or something like that.
And I read something about farmers and perishable cargo exports. Surely, that one has nothing to do with Abuja alone.
Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 05, 2013
N100billion.... 10 million jobs....

Chei they really look at Nigerians as dummies
Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by doctokwus: 7:17am On Dec 05, 2013
kingoflag: N100billion.... 10 million jobs....

Dat is d aspect I still don't get;dat dese govt officials trully bliv all nigerians outside of govt are imbeciles,incapable of independent reasoning?
Besides,unless d so called estimated cost is meant 4 abuja alone,I don't see how N100b wud b enough to fund such project dat entails building what is essentially a microcity, around all airports in nigeria.Another thing dat seems like a conduit pipe in nigeria is dis new nigerian version of public private sector initiative.Once I hear dat concept,fraud alarm bells start ringing in my ear,because most often in nig,its d govt dat eventually foots d bill of those projects while d so called private sector investors are usually nigerians wt close connection to govt,wt no proven independent biz record,unable to secure needed international counterpart funding,arising frm d same unknown or poor biz record,but who at d end of d day get to collect fees,taxes or rebates frm project dey contributed nothing to.

1 Like

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Slizbeat(m): 7:20am On Dec 05, 2013
kingoflag: N100billion.... 10 million jobs....

You are just too blind to know that 100 billion to 10 million is like dishing out 10K to 10 million people.
Would you have being complaining if it was an APC led government that brought up the initiative??
Stop your politics of Over-oppositioning cos it just keep on heating up the polity.
What you should have asked was when such projects would be completed.

To topic, I think is a good idea. MMIA already has an inbuilt Restaurant.

10 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Slizbeat(m): 7:25am On Dec 05, 2013
doctokwus:
Dat is d aspect I still don't get;dat dese govt officials trully bliv all nigerians outside of govt are imbeciles,incapable of independent reasoning?
Besides,unless d so called estimated cost is meant 4 abuja alone,I don't see how N100b wud b enough to fund such project dat entails building what is essentially a microcity, around all airports in nigeria.Another thing dat seems like a conduit pipe in nigeria is dis new nigerian version of public private sector initiative.Once I hear dat concept,fraud alarm bells start ringing in my ear,because most often in nig,its d govt dat eventually foots d bill of those projects while d so called private sector investors are usually nigerians wt close connection to govt,wt no proven independent biz record,unable to secure needed international counterpart funding,arising frm d same unknown or poor biz record,but who at d end of d day get to collect fees,taxes or rebates frm project dey contributed nothing to.

You would have also claimed theft if it had been 1 trillion naira. Besides, 100billion naira is a good price. 20 billion is enough to the abuja part since it's a private sector thing.

3 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 05, 2013
gunuvi: This woman is performing o.
Haters abeg leave am alone as no I haven't seen any saint politician in Naija yet across all political parties.
shut it! She's performing, and so? Is she doing it with her personal money? Is that not what she's being paid for?

1 Like

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Adamskuty(m): 7:53am On Dec 05, 2013
JECBOSS: Aviation Minister, Mrs. Stella Oduah,
has declared that the Nigeria
Aerotropolis project will generate an
estimated N100 billion annually for
the country.
She also disclosed that the United
State, China, Turkey and other
European countries have shown
interest in the Aerotropolis project.
The Minister said that the project will
provide at least 10 million jobs for
Nigerians, especially the youth, in the
first two years of its take-off.
The Minister spoke during the Public
Hearing organised by the House of
Representatives Ad hoc Committee
investigating the FCT Land Swap in
Abuja.
The Federal Ministry of Aviation is
participating in the land swap for the
Abuja Aerotropolis project.
The minister explained that the
projects which will be sited in Abuja
and other major international airports
across the country, has a value chain
with the potential to transform the
Nigerian economy and the living
standards of the rural farmers
through perishable cargo exports.
Explaining further, she said that the
initiative is private-sector driven with
20 per cent equity holding by
government through the Federal
Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN),
adding that value chains would span
the agricultural, health,
manufacturing, culture and tourism
sectors of the economy.
Already, she said investors from
Nigeria, the USA, China, Turkey and
other European countries have
embraced the initiative and that the
Federal Capital Development
Authority (FCDA) has endorsed the
Abuja Aerotropolis for which
documentation is being finalised for
the land acquisition.
Oduah further disclosed that that the
FCT has already incorporated the
Aerotropolis project into its
development master plan.
She equally allayed fears that
compensation will not be paid on the
land acquired, saying while the land
would be acquired at the going
commercial value, all due
compensation would also be paid
promptly.
However, she stressed that the
greatest compensation Nigerians will
get from the initiative will come in the
form of millions of jobs that will be
created for the teeming unemployed
youth population.
According to Oduah, ‘’The
development of airport cities
(aerotropolis) is a 21`st century
phenomenon that is gaining ground
all over the world. It is no longer
fashionable to have an International
Airport without the support facilities
and amenities such as shopping
arcades, hotels, packaging industries,
Residential Estates, modern airline
offices and recreational facilities. The
proposed aerotropolis will definitely
boost the Nigerian economy and
generate the much-needed
employment for our teeming youth”
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/12/aerotropolis-will-generate-n100b-annually-oduah/
very ugly corrupt prin-witch,see her bleached face sad

1 Like

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by LoveDecay(m): 7:54am On Dec 05, 2013
kolawaxxy: shut it! She's performing, and so? Is she doing it with her personal money? Is that not what she's being paid for?

Abi.. U Neva hear poverty no gree Nigerians to think well. The guy think say ministry of aviation nah wotclef or unicef....
Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 05, 2013
Slizbeat:

You are just too blind to know that 100 billion to 10 million is like dishing out 10K to 10 million people.
Would you have being complaining if it was an APC led government that brought up the initiative??
Stop your politics of Over-oppositioning cos it just keep on heating up the polity.
What you should have asked was when such projects would be completed.

To topic, I think is a good idea. MMIA already has an inbuilt Restaurant.
Yes, a restaurant in every airport in Nigeria will create 10million jobs within the time frame announced... you're exactly the type of dummy they prepared this sham announcement for. smh

And who says I give two hoots about APC? U guys are clowns and so unsophisticated. APC hasn't put forth their representatives yet ppl like u have already made up their minds to hate them.

Bro, don't let ur bigotry be the death of u.

2 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by gunuvi(m): 8:50am On Dec 05, 2013
kolawaxxy: shut it! She's performing, and so? Is she doing it with her personal money? Is that not what she's being paid for?
Hypocrites! So you know she is performing? Why are some of you always bias in all you do on NL. Give me one single politician that is clean and then ill take you serious. You better look inward and check yourself first.

4 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by rusher14: 9:18am On Dec 05, 2013
It will...
By the year...
The Plan is...
Hopefully...
Government to...

Let's see the damn results. Sheesh!!
Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:20am On Dec 05, 2013
This woman stinks angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by theoctopus: 9:54am On Dec 05, 2013
kingoflag: Yes, a restaurant in every airport in Nigeria will create 10million jobs within the time frame announced... you're exactly the type of dummy they prepared this sham announcement for. smh

And who says I give two hoots about APC? U guys are clowns and so unsophisticated. APC hasn't put forth their representatives yet ppl like u have already made up their minds to hate them.

The kind of ignorance you folks display is nauseating. How can you deduce from her statement that 100 billion = 10 million jobs. Is that what she said. Why are you folks so dumb like this!

100 billion is what the aeropolis will generate in term of profit to Nigeria. 10 million jobs will be created. They are two different things and are not interdependent. Nigeria has less than 1 million government workers. Our yearly budget is over 4 trillion. DO you now say 4 trillion = 1 million workers? What kind of childish posts do you guys just keep posting. Sad

14 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Brimmie(m): 10:53am On Dec 05, 2013
Chino, why are you replying your post with another moniker?? undecided Mumu
Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 05, 2013
theoctopus:

The kind of ignorance you folks display is nauseating. How can you deduce from her statement that 100 billion = 10 million jobs. Is that what she said. Why are you folks so dumb like this!

100 billion is what the aeropolis will generate in term of profit to Nigeria. 10 million jobs will be created. They are two different things and are not interdependent. Nigeria has less than 1 million government workers. Our yearly budget is over 4 trillion. DO you now say 4 trillion = 1 million workers? What kind of childish posts do you guys just keep posting. Sad

Dude. Learn not to quote that guy. That is our nairaland resident donkey. He is always quick to post something. Slow to think. He is probably the biggest nincompoop we have here. Big delusions of grandeur. Bigger foolishness. And he hides behind "I stay abroad" to make excuse for his foolishness. Mark his id from now on and ignore d sucker. grin

6 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by IGBOSON1: 11:24am On Dec 05, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:
This woman stinks angry angry angry

^^^I've noticed the tilt of your arguments and posts on this forum, and i'm in no doubt that you're an imposter! And if it turns out that i'm wrong, it only means you're a self-hating bastard!

Cheers. wink

10 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by IGBOSON1: 11:33am On Dec 05, 2013
theoctopus:

^^^Thank you bros!

What they forget is that this is a PPP initiative, and besides the 100 billion that would accrue as profit to the federal coffers (as per their 20% equity holding), the private investors would be making their own profit as well.

The 10 million jobs is a projection, realisable over time, and not what would be achieved from day one!

4 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by gerald09(m): 11:37am On Dec 05, 2013
Well if true, Abuja can now start generating better money rather dan wait for oil money.
Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by taharqa: 11:51am On Dec 05, 2013
When are they going to complete d PERISHABLE CARGO Terminals they are building across d country? Am sooo interested in that cos of its Real effects on Agricultures and on Lives...

1 Like

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by awodman: 11:57am On Dec 05, 2013
taharqa: When are they going to complete d PERISHABLE CARGO Terminals they are building across d country? Am sooo interested in that cos of its Real effects on Agricultures and on Lives...
One of ur topics said the fabrications will arrive from China this xmas...let's hope and pray

3 Likes

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
Fresh air

1 Like

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Arosa(m): 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nice one, 10 million jobs thingz. they must be temporary jobs like pure water sellers and common laborers cool

1 Like

Re: Aerotropolis Will Generate N100 Billion Annually – Stella Oduah by Slizbeat(m): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
kingoflag: Yes, a restaurant in every airport in Nigeria will create 10million jobs within the time frame announced... you're exactly the type of dummy they prepared this sham announcement for. smh

I don't condone insults cos if you and I had being discussing this issue face to face, I would dealt with you physically for insulting me.

BTW, I don't need to prove to you "dummy" that you are more dumber than you think you are and the bolded also should be directed back to you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

World's Ten Most Corrupt Leaders / Peter Obi Is A Saboteur, He Betrayed My Father – Ojukwu Jnr / Amaechi Bought Forms For The 16 Aspirants, I Will Ignore Them-Nyesom Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.