Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,190 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! (17911 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV / ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by anselm791(m): 11:11am On Dec 05, 2013
A wise man would take a bow while he still has his dignity cause the FG just obtained the moral ground to do whatever they like. This Is Sparta!!! And on Monday, ASUU shall DIE!!! Ahu! Ahu! Ahu!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Caseless: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2013
slimghost: It's obvious that this strike is now political. SS/SE should pull out of this useless association called ASUU!
dunce!
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by ExpressBooking(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2013
Who is talking about paying ASUU salaries for work not done. It should be their sacrifice in the best interest of improved standard and quality of education which they claim they are soliciting for.
Abeg I want to ask how much ASUU will pay to Nigerian Students who has been at home all these while, and whom are the ones to still pay or have paid school fees for yearly session with 50% of time partly spent at home?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by memski(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2013
mysticgal: The fact is that this lecturers wont resume school till next year,no be christmas the come so.

house wife, go to market and buy food stocks.... I knw education is not fo u.
enter kitchen fast.
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Swiftboy(m): 11:13am On Dec 05, 2013
Why cant the govt sign the paper to back up their promises if they really want to fulfill it...afterall they suppose to know the important of education?!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by stagger: 11:16am On Dec 05, 2013
osinachukwu: ASUU is a political branch of apc undecided

I don't expect a typical Igbo man to say otherwise. So APC was in existence in 1978 abi? Nonsense.
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by internetpo(m): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2013
Enough of this ASUU strike jo. Students should just go back to class and teach themselves. smiley
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by gidig(m): 11:17am On Dec 05, 2013
While we accuse of ASUU of being political and all that, did everyone hear on the same Channels TV that ASUU wrote the FG 55 letters between 2012 and June 2013 for a meeting to discuss the 2009 agreement not honoured? In fact, several meetings were held with the committees on education in the National Assembly. Lets get some perspective please.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by ronia(f): 11:20am On Dec 05, 2013
Hahahaha, I jus dey pass ooo. Still waiting shaaa
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Jozeeprosper(m): 11:25am On Dec 05, 2013
mysticgal: Sorry am a learner.....please define Nec meeting abi its a witchical meeting lipsrsealed
Funny.
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by juju2008(f): 11:28am On Dec 05, 2013
Federal Government is so insincere. Do they think that they can take ASUU for a ride. Those are among the most brilliant group of people that we have in Nigeria. What is so difficult in showing ASUU the purported documents they used in paying the 200 billion into a CBN account, Instead of going to the media to spur lies? I mean GEJ and the tout called Wike are terrible creatures.
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 05, 2013
There is something ASUU want to achieve that is not being spelt out. U do not use a wrong to correct a wrong, keeping students at home for this long will lead only to lost of academic interest in those that originally did not want to go to school. It also adds additional burden on parents and students who fend for themselves. What is the point when the current students suffer to the extreme, something they will not benefit because we all know the procedures it will take to put those infrastructures in place. What then becomes the direct benefit of the crop of students presently in school? Since they will still learn under the suppose decayed infrastructure, yet suffer this setback? ASUU is fighting a good fight and i commend them for that, however, the manner at which they have carried it all through only shows they have personal interests too. Who is fooling who? The 42 delegates out of 60 that voted for the end of the strike shares the same views with others but want things done appropriately! The current students have sacrificed enough, something ASUU itself cannot do(since they are asking to be paid during the period of the strike). Some students whose rents were suppose 2 expire december, same time they would have rounded up their programmes will still sacrifice financially to pay for another rent after the time spent at home, something ASUU CAN'T DO! hate me for this obvious truth but it gat 2 be let out!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Truman155(m): 11:37am On Dec 05, 2013
ASUU abeg allow me to complete my money for my 2 button suit b4 the strike is called off oooo pls help me god
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by dridowu: 11:42am On Dec 05, 2013
Kudos to ASUU that embark on nationwide strike , if not the FG would not have release the 200billion , they would have kept it to themselves
if ASUU is political branch of APC, then what are about NARD ?
Read ds https://www.nairaland.com/1541651/uch-doctors-suspend-strike-month
Are APC also controlling UCH Doctors ? Sorry to say ds but u force me to call u "MUMU"
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Truman155(m): 11:43am On Dec 05, 2013
internetpo: Enough of this ASUU strike jo. Students should just go back to class and teach themselves. smiley
inteligent thought.... Sorry am still a novice in sarcasm!
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Richydos(m): 11:43am On Dec 05, 2013
Evryday we read funny gist abt da ASUU saga cox we d studx are at their mercy....xme dayz ago Dr Doyin Okupe made a glibberish statememt of no victor no vanquish..i but wonder if itx only FG n ASUU dat are involved in dis strike wat abt d studx.....ASUU is askin 4 der salary arrears even 4 d striking periods...den dis quest bombarded on moi IQ....
1..Who will repay studx 4 da lost monthx n dat ȿȬ called faggae once said itz a sacrifice on d part of stud n parentx....so mr faggae wher is ASUU sacrificing??
2..ASUU aka da striking baron cnt say there won't be anoda stike once their demands are met cox striking is d main reason why ASUU wz formed....it has tayed no b 2day xo dis aint da 1st strike n cnt b da last xo faggae shud spare we dat poo
.......Indeed no victor no vanquish coz even da vanquish(studx) do av a toothless union( NANS n SUGX) who see emselves as victorious

1 Like

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by ddeola: 11:43am On Dec 05, 2013
I hope Nigerians have learnt their lessons " NEVER AGAIN" to vote unserious elements in a presidential election.

Nija is bigger than all of them and I share the pains of our university students

1 Like

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by toideve(m): 11:48am On Dec 05, 2013
johndwayy: @ITbomb, when are they holding the next nec meeting, because as it now, all their needs are about 90% met by fg.

another NEC meeting? ASUU should "go and die" abeg!
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Richydos(m): 11:56am On Dec 05, 2013
juju2008: Federal Government is so insincere. Do they think that they can take ASUU for a ride. Those are among the most brilliant group of people that we have in Nigeria. What is so difficult in showing ASUU the purported documents they used in paying the 200 billion into a CBN account, Instead of going to the media to spur lies? I mean GEJ and the tout called Wike are terrible creatures.

Sorry deari i heard u talk abt brilliant group.....cne u plz tell moi is dis so called brilliant group hasn't been fytin dis xme cause since da inception of their formation Is their any dev in our dilapidatin infrastrustures ?? Or is ASUU trying 2 say predecessor govt dnt give em money 4 infrastructuaral dev.....deari d truth is dat even da ASUU is corrupt,,,,i stand 2 be corrected if m wrong
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by habibatb: 11:56am On Dec 05, 2013
Wat I know is ma sch has resumed. So if ASUU like make dem no cal d strike off. I wonda wat dey r holding a nec meeting for again. Mtchewwwww
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Dannyvoltron(m): 12:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
slimghost: It's obvious that this strike is now political. SS/SE should pull out of this useless association called ASUU!
Do you sound any different from Okupe? Later we'll say our leaders are the cause of our problems. This is a struggle dat we benefit the coming generation and our educational system and u see it as a regional or political struggle? May God help our future leaders so they don't use ppl who talk any how without applying reasons as their role models
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Afrok(m): 12:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
Chai... After dis ASUU strike is called off there won't be news again. Every news is on ASUU strike even wen there isn't much progress about it, we keep hearing news in circles ( same news with different informations). #2014loadingforresumption...
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by slimshade: 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
ASUU should have it at the back of their mind that they have the support and sympathy of the populace,and as such when the populace demands that they call off the strike,they should please do.

If they do this they will still have public support which they will so much need in the days ahead if the govt. falters,besides ASUU have lost so much not with the lost of the erudite scholar-Prof.Iyayi
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
Dem n deir useless meeting again.....
Omo Fyn make dey hold meeting oh But our prayers shud be no one dies dis time around oh!!!!!!
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by juju2008(f): 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
Richydos:

Sorry deari i heard u talk abt brilliant group.....cne u plz tell moi is dis so called brilliant group hasn't been fytin dis xme cause since da inception of their formation Is their any dev in our dilapidatin infrastrustures ?? Or is ASUU trying 2 say predecessor govt dnt give em money 4 infrastructuaral dev.....deari d truth is dat even da ASUU is corrupt,,,,i stand 2 be corrected if m wrong

ASUU are not going to collect the 200 billion from govt as they are not directly involved in its disbursement. The money is to be disbursed to be the governing council of all public universities in Nigeria. They include the vice chancellors, pro chancellors and council members who are ironically mostly persons appointed by the government. The issue is that govt. did not keep to the 2009 agreement where these issues that concerns giving universities infrastructural uplift where included as such ASUU had to resort to strike to get govt. to honour their agreements. It will be a good thing if our public universities can compare favourably with other universities outside Nigeria. I can tell u that if you should do a programme in any University Outside Nigeria, then u will be more sympathetic with ASUU's demands.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by efizee: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
passionate88: @ITBOMB, ASUU too like NEC meetings o, dm b political party?. I just hope dm no go bring another demands again
next tin be say ASUU go say make FG tell the denomination of naira notes wey them take pay the 200billion 20 naira notes, 50naira notes or 1000naira notes after that is confirmed them go come say make we give them 3months to rest for the stress wey FG put them....after dat them go come think of wen to hold the next NEC meeting and tell us the date wen them go announce the calling off of the the strike...abeg no ask me my source na so we see am
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by efizee: 12:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
youngprofdguru: Dem n deir useless meeting again.....
Omo Fyn make dey hold meeting oh But our prayers shud be no one dies dis time around oh!!!!!!
next thing wey we go hear na say ASUU president Isa Fagge died during the NEC meeting and so the meeting has been postponed to 2015 we will not call off the strike because evidence shows that he was poisoned by niger delta freedom fighter Asari Dokubo....lol...nor be joke ooo na serious matter
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Richydos(m): 12:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
juju2008:

ASUU are not going to collect the 200 billion from govt as they are not directly involved in its disbursement. The money is to be disbursed to be the governing council of all public universities in Nigeria. They include the vice chancellors, pro chancellors and council members who are ironically mostly persons appointed by the government. The issue is that govt. did not keep to the 2009 agreement where these issues that concerns giving universities infrastructural uplift where included as such ASUU had to resort to strike to get govt. to honour their agreements. It will be a good thing if our public universities can compare favourably with other universities outside Nigeria. I can tell u that if you should do a programme in any University Outside Nigeria, then u will be more sympathetic with ASUU's demands.

Deari u still dnt get moi point!!! Dis has been their claim 4 d uncounted strikes n wat m asking is dis....if govt met em demands nw will it forestall future occurence of strike Dat will be no.....lest i 4get since da inception of their strikex way back yrx ago...don't they ASUU get money for infrastructural dev Wher's is d improvement in our various unis....xo wat av they ASUU been achievin frm all dat strikex way back cox ther will definately be anoda strike in d nearest future
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Muttex(m): 12:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
GEJ is will set up another committee if there money is not at CBN
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by franksunny(m): 12:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
suffering and smilling, i pity some folk. i know that sentiment will not allow some people to see anything good in what ASUU is driving at.useless set of leaders
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by juju2008(f): 12:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
Richydos:

Deari u still dnt get moi point!!! Dis has been their claim 4 d uncounted strikes n wat m asking is dis....if govt met em demands nw will it forestall future occurence of strike Dat will be no.....lest i 4get since da inception of their strikex way back yrx ago...don't they ASUU get money for infrastructural dev Wher's is d improvement in our various unis....xo wat av they ASUU been achievin frm all dat strikex way back cox ther will definately be anoda strike in d nearest future

The university system does not work that way. ASUU has never had any business with the money meant for infrastructural development into the universities. Their issue with govt. is that it has not been providing these things in the universities. ASUU's job is to teach while govt. should provide facilities for making the teaching experience beneficial to the students. If govt. claims that they have been providing money for infrastructures, then whosoever they disbursed the money to , probably a corrupt government contractor hasn't been doing a great job. That is why ASUU is asking that universities be autonomous so that they (ASUU) will also be part of the monitoring team to ensure that the money is used solely for infrastructural development.
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by shehuAO: 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
ASUU,me I still dey maintain my stand oo.make una see the account korokoro with una eye oo,and no2 make una sign the necessary agreements before calling off the strike to avoid any mistake tomorrow.these people called(POLITICIANS)one must fear them.forget about Okupe and Wike,they are political singingers,no one trust them,they are singing to get their pockets filled with loots.God will save this country from the hands of evils.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Lagos (UNILAG) To Establish Refineries / Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA) Releases AFSB Screening List (view List Here) / Pupils Sit And Lie On Floor In Akwa-Ibom Communities’ Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.