Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! (17908 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV / ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by sambas: 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
Muttex: GEJ is will set up another committee if there money is not at CBN
abeg wetin be the name of your school?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Richydos(m): 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
juju2008:

The university system does not work that way. ASUU has never had any business with the money meant for infrastructural development into the universities. Their issue with govt. is that it has not been providing these things in the universities. ASUU's job is to teach while govt. should provide facilities for making the teaching experience beneficial to the students. If govt. claims that they have been providing money for infrastructures, then whosoever they disbursed the money to , probably a corrupt government contractor hasn't been doing a great job. That is why ASUU is asking that universities be autonomous so that they (ASUU) will also be part of the monitoring team to ensure that the money is used solely for infrastructural development.

Sorry but dat doesn't justify d strike elongating dis far as well know d untold hardship is quite unbearable n if ASUU could as well cme cme wit a condition dat their salary arrears mustn'tt be paid in piecemeal i tender on wat they meant dat studx n parents shud see d wasted month as a sacrifice 4 da good of education....wat are they sacrificing Abeg ASUU should leave mata 4 mathias jare

1 Like

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Tinkinguy(m): 12:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ok we kept hearing ASUU is fighting a good course, they are making sacrifices........So I asked,
When you make sacrifices, you giveaway something, what is ASUU giving out for this course?

I can see the ones from the Student and its obvious and the one from FG, so I ask again what is the sacrifices ASUU is making.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by smileoly(f): 12:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
U no knw say na conglomerate of learned gentlemen. Everybody there na learned gentleman so dem suppose meet,discuss all d nitty gritty and 1 million possible outcomes if they agree to FG. Their meeting wil b full of "i put it you"s, quoting of different dead philosophers and recitation of sections of d constitution.
Hence they need 2 do dat NEC MEETING[
quote author=passionate88]@ITBOMB, ASUU too like NEC meetings o, dm b political party?. I just hope dm no go bring another demands again[/quote]
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by theoctopus: 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
ITbomb: Number 2 has been done.
Number 1 is being done right now.
Number 3 will be after NEC meeting and to decide on what will happen to their salaries in the striking months

Mr man. The ball is no longer in ASUU 's court. This your post has been overtaken by events. All the key schools are already pulling out. Lectures have begun in some schools. Has has not only lost this strike, they have lost their reputation and it will affect their future.
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
ITbomb: Number 2 has been done.
Number 1 is being done right now.
Number 3 will be after NEC meeting and to decide on what will happen to their salaries in the striking months
wah d fuvk!!!!! wah stupid useless NEC meeting?
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by oyeludef(m): 1:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
olala32: breaking news:ASUU strike has been calloff....

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by theoctopus: 1:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
juju2008:

The university system does not work that way. ASUU has never had any business with the money meant for infrastructural development into the universities. Their issue with govt. is that it has not been providing these things in the universities. ASUU's job is to teach while govt. should provide facilities for making the teaching experience beneficial to the students. If govt. claims that they have been providing money for infrastructures, then whosoever they disbursed the money to , probably a corrupt government contractor hasn't been doing a great job. That is why ASUU is asking that universities be autonomous so that they (ASUU) will also be part of the monitoring team to ensure that the money is used solely for infrastructural development.

You are contradicting yourself like ASUU. If the universities are autonomous, then they don't need FG's money anymore. They should generate their own funds

1 Like

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by pigin: 1:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
if anybody know any of ASUU nec members, pass dis message to em. i dream say yaradua die d tin com to pass, i dream say stella die d tin com to pass, i still dream say G5 port to apc d tin com to pass, i dream say bamanga tukur resign as pdp chairman dat one go happen next year, i also dream say techno go ping one day dat one don happen, i dream say na Willy boy go be d governor of Anambra state dat one don happen. dis dream wen i dream yesterday fear me oops. i dream say d bus wen dey convey all ASUU nec members go d meeting wen dem one hold again fall inside river Niger. so any of una wen know ASUU president, tell em say make him call off the strike without any meeting to avoid story dat touches...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by abdulksani: 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
Fool dont u knw dat if FG didnt pay ASUU strike contitinue? Pay FG shld pay ASUU intime
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by sakaguchi(m): 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
They want to hold another NEC again so that another member will die abi? Ok na
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by texazzpete(m): 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
theoctopus:

Mr man. The ball is no longer in ASUU 's court. This your post has been overtaken by events. All the key schools are already pulling out. Lectures have begun in some schools. Has has not only lost this strike, they have lost their reputation and it will affect their future.

Actually, ASUU has won this round.

No matter what happens, the FG is now bound to pay in N200bn per year for the next 5 - 6 years...and the earned allowances will be paid.

Nerves are being frayed at the moment, but it's clear which side is going to be funding the other side. Reason has won finally grin

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
slimghost: It's obvious that this strike is now political. SS/SE should pull out of this useless association called ASUU!
you are a fool
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Tafidah(m): 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
ASUU anoda nec meetiñg, if una come bck with anoda sstupid demand na den una go knw say fg sef sabi du yanga
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by molason: 5:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
god abeg oooo make dis sweet strik continue , because if i tell u d money wey i don make hmmmmm ,,
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by proffemi: 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
texazzpete: Actually, ASUU has won this round. No matter what happens, the FG is now bound to pay in N200bn per year for the next 5 - 6 years...and the earned allowances will be paid. Nerves are being frayed at the moment, but it's clear which side is going to be funding the other side. Reason has won finally grin

Actually I was wondering what the [expletive] theoctopus was talking about. I winced when he said "...has has not only lost this strike, they have lost their reputation". Seriously? Anyway, FG can console itself with that lie as it sullenly does the right thing that ASUU has forced it to do.

<sarcasm>Yeah, sure we lost</sarcasm>. Just get with the program, pay the N200b, and let us get closure on this issue.
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by dayo4(m): 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
pigin: if anybody know any of ASUU nec members, pass dis message to em. i dream say yaradua die d tin com to pass, i dream say stella die d tin com to pass, i still dream say G5 port to apc d tin com to pass, i dream say bamanga tukur resign as pdp chairman dat one go happen next year, i also dream say techno go ping one day dat one don happen, i dream say na Willy boy go be d governor of Anambra state dat one don happen. dis dream wen i dream yesterday fear me oops. i dream say d bus wen dey convey all ASUU nec members go d meeting wen dem one hold again fall inside river Niger. so any of una wen know ASUU president, tell em say make him call off the strike without any meeting to avoid story dat touches...
ROTFLMAO, nor take laff kill me abeg

1 Like

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by joesally: 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This morning, Channelstv took a position on the ASUU versus FG face off after listening to all parties.

Below are the verdict of Channelstv:

1. ASUU should approach the CBN to confirm the opening of the account and payment of N200 billion.

2. Doyin Okupe should provide evidence that govt has opened the said account and paid N200 billion.

3. ASUU should call off the strike since most of their demands have been met by govt.
It would be nice to see them call-off the strike,they demand are meant!!! thinking of how to start reading my books
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by joesally: 8:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
molason: god abeg oooo make dis sweet strik continue , because if i tell u d money wey i don make hmmmmm ,,
making money onpoint Noni!!
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by janeteubena: 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
God bless Nigeria.
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by theoctopus: 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
texazzpete:

Actually, ASUU has won this round.

No matter what happens, the FG is now bound to pay in N200bn per year for the next 5 - 6 years...and the earned allowances will be paid.

Nerves are being frayed at the moment, but it's clear which side is going to be funding the other side. Reason has won finally grin

ASUU has won nothing. They would have won if they called it off after the GEJ meeting. They have lost it now. You have to leave the stage when the ovation is loudest. The ovation is dead now. The audience have left the hall. Look around you. Read the comments all over social media. ASUU has lost public sympathy. Maybe you want to keep deceiving yourself. Winning 200 Billion is not the win. The FG has already agreed to that since the GEJ meeting and has since started processing it. Go check the date of communication to the CBN on the 200 billion. It didnt happen this week, so it wasnt like ASUU forced the FGs hand to do it. It was the result of the same negotiation they had with GEJ. All the schools have started pulling out and that is a very wrong way to end a strike. If ASUU announce they have called off the strike now, it means nothing, because by weekend, over half the schools will be running. But in the future, no one will take them serious and certainly, no president will ever take them serious. It isnt about GEJ, because GEJ will not be there for ever.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by merbenko: 9:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
juju2008: Federal Government is so insincere. Do they think that they can take ASUU for a ride. Those are among the most brilliant group of people that we have in Nigeria. What is so difficult in showing ASUU the purported documents they used in paying the 200 billion into a CBN account, Instead of going to the media to spur lies? I mean GEJ and the tout called Wike are terrible creatures.
. Done tell me those outdated thinks you are calling brilliant. What have them invented to prove how brilliant the are? Always repeating outdated 1960 handnote as Lecture material. Mtchewwww. Always playing truancy. The are fighting for thier pocket. Is only in Nigeria i see lecturers have no mercy for thier student but only tell you physically you are my enermy. Only in Nigeria must of the university lecturers will victimized you on your class of Degree, give Nigeria Lectures 100 trillion i swear nothing good will come from 80% of them. FG will only waste their money on decoration of the university but not the standard of manpower of the country
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by theking5: 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
They will call it off after they have consulted with tinubu and buhari, then call for Nec meeting, but i hope another lecturer will not die on his way to attend d nec meeting which may now make them to shift d date again until after they bury that one, then they will remember another thing which was not in d initial agreement and decides to add it so there will be no loophole, lol. ASUU has become another opposition party and they shld apply to inec 4 registration. Fagge wants to become popular like oshomhle and Jega. Lets see what will be there excuse next
Re: ASUU Versus FG Face Off: The Verdict Of Channelstv!!! by Help4rmme2u(m): 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
hmm ASUU dis ASUU dat na wa o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Lagos (UNILAG) To Establish Refineries / Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. / Universities’ Non-academic Unions To Begin 5-day Warning Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.