Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month (5274 Views)

''UCH Ibadan Doctors Killed My Wife'' - Man Says (picture) / Federal Doctors In Lagos Begin Solidarity Strike For Sacked Colleagues / Lagos Doctors Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by dridowu: 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
After two months on strike, the Association of Resident Doctors, ARD, University College Hospital, UCH, Ibadan, on Tuesday announced that its members would be going back to work for the next one month to allow further negotiation on issues leading to the industrial action.
The union began the strike on October 1 in protest against anomalies in the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System, IPPIS, recently introduced by the Federal Government.
According to the ARD President, Babatunde Babasanya, the strike was suspended out of respect for some eminent Nigerians who offered to mediate the impasse between the Association and the Federal Government.
The mediators, he said, included the UCH authorities and well meaning Nigerians, who have been appealing to the association to suspend the strike and give room for intervention.
Mr. Babasanya said the decision to suspend the strike was reached after a six-hour congress, where members agreed to give a month to see if the Federal Government would pay all the outstanding money.
“It is so sad that the IPPS scheme has caused most of our members to lose part of their August and September salaries. Some were paid as cooks, security men, cleaners and the likes, while others did not even collect any salary for these months. We were even shocked that when our November salary was paid, the shortfalls were not corrected,” he said.
The doctors wanted the August and September salaries regularised, as well as assurance that anomalies would not reflect in the December salaries if they prevent resumption of the strike.
“We are not asking the government for excessive money. This is our salary which we have worked for. We cannot cope further with this financial hardship that has befallen us.
“The government has blatantly refused to yield to our request but we are suspending it for peace to reign. The Federal Government has been shortchanging UCH authorities – N100 million every month since January – and this has been hampering the progress of this institution,” he said.
The ARD leader appealed to the Federal Government to address all issues raised.

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/150789-uch-doctors-suspend-strike-month.html
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by jaybee3(m): 8:06am On Dec 04, 2013
Yippeeeee

We are happy we can finally get Ms Folake's surgery done possibly in time for xmas

Can't wait to see a big smile on her face
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by omonla555: 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thank God
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by YungLaw(f): 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Space Booked
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by damoskiy(m): 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
only God knows how many lifes would have gone since they where on strike...its good to have them resume work...I am 4th to comment I am getting there...the lifting up is double sure...
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
wow
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by BankManager(m): 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
YungLaw: Space Booked
lol..Aren't u bigger than this??
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by pstdre(m): 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
ASUU to follow s....
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by ijbeauty(f): 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
Short changing dem, odikwa egwu/smiley. Notin we no go see 4 naija. Fed govt 4 christ sake this is their salary which they have worked for. Wen paients die because of STRIKE u put d blame on d medical practitioners, while u r d cause.. Wher den is d country's money goin into den?#Smh#
I WEEP FOR MY COUNTRYcry

2 Likes

Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
Maybe ASUU will take a cue sad
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by priscaoge(f): 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
FG can make workers STRIKE eeehhh,I neva see ooo.As ASUU don de plan to suspend strike,make I see weda ASUP dead matter go come up cos e be like say no body even knw say dem follow dey strike. Na Strike de reign,abeg make Internet providers no strike join oooo.
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by tbaba1234: 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
I am irritated with the spate of industrial actions in this current dispensation. It shows how incompetent this administration is. Honestly, GEJ would only win the next election on tribal sentiments not on performance.

Strike actions are usually after many letters have been sent to government officials and ignored. You can't trust government to keep agreements so we will be back here again after this one is settled.

1 Like

Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by onayemi1: 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
Strike ! Strike!! Strike!!! Every one is down tooling for slightest of disharmony with the Government. Its very unfortunate and more worsening that critical sectors of the economy like Health, Education and others are always quick to embark on industrial actions. The case of ASUU and ARD are good examples. To me, we have lost it as a country and this is very disheartening given the potential and opportunities the country had during independence. All hands must be on deck to stop this malady. The government, union leaders and civil servants must work to put a stop this anomaly. Strike benefits no one.
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by Oskyworld(m): 5:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Finanlly we can go ahead with our research..
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by adeoladrg(m): 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
NARD no rugged reach ASUU. *pffffttt
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by adeoladrg(m): 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
Yeye doctors. Hunger for don almost wipe them finish. *deepsigh

After how many pple wey don die?

1 Like

Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by Olugbenger(m): 5:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
GEJ cluelessness again!
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by Olasmooth: 6:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
@adeola- I don't hunger is the problem of the doctors. I personally know their president, Mr Babasanya. You need to know how much his father sends into his account every month and you also need to see the talk of the town his father has already built for him in Ogun State. He is only fighting for his colleagues.
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by dridowu: 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
adeola_drg: Yeye doctors. Hunger for don almost wipe them finish. *deepsigh

did u read d news @ all ?
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by agrovick(m): 7:43am On Dec 05, 2013
God bless Nigeria, thats all I can say
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by hadediran: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2013
one month? in December? when govt is winding up things for the year? i pray the strike doesnt continue in January. Bunch of insensitive leaders we've got in this country.
Re: UCH Doctors Suspend Strike For A Month by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hatred will not solve ur problem. Pele. E go better.
adeola_drg: Yeye doctors. Hunger for don almost wipe them finish. *deepsigh

(1) (Reply)

World Cancer Day: Lagos To Test 210,000 Women For Cervical Cancer Free Of Charge / Narv-p The New Immune Booster, By Dr. Aladdin's / Egg Donors In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.