Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,645 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty (38587 Views)

My Girl Is HIV Positive, But She Told Me, Now The Problem Is!!!!!! / She Is Hiv Positive But Still Sleeping With Boyfriend / My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by peaceobetoh(f): 10:19am On Dec 05, 2013
Pls [color=#006600][/color]any doctor in the house. I need help, I saw my last period sept 22 and oct period didn't come so I did urine test and it was positive, just after a week I started having adominal pain and my doc advise me to do an ultralscan which I did and they said the sac is empty, I did blood test again that said positive. I went for a scan. it is uterine fibroid inside the uterus.I started. Seeing blood that will come and go for over a month.just on mon here, I had heavy bleeding that was very light that came and stop and with my calculation I should be in my 10weeks of pregnancy.so my doc ask for another scan which I did and they said the sac is empty and it is fibroid but they are seeing thickened bulky blood which they are suspecting that it is pregnancy and the doc ask me to rest and repeat the scan after 3weeks pls I need advise.is my baby ok.I really don want to lose it.dis is my first issue.hope to hear from u soon
Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by urchpath(m): 11:18am On Dec 05, 2013
If I got u correct, u said the urine test showed positive result while the ultrasound scan showed an empty sac!

Well so many things could be happening here. It is possible the urine test could be "false positive". This means it is possible the test was wrongly done or wrongly interpreted.

However, assuming it was correctly done and indeed a "true positive" then it is possible the fetus is developing extrauterine. This means it could be ectopic pregnancy, where the fetus grows in sites other than the uterine cavity. It could be in the fallopian tube, peritoneum, etc.

So to rule that out your doctor should order for serial plasma B-hcG as well as imaging investigations.

Its is also possible you had a threatened abortion or even a miscarriage. We also will not completely rule out molar pregnancy in the differentials (which means that what the doctor interpreted as fibroid might actually be a mole).

Which ever way, you need a good doctor to solve the puzzle.

Abnormal uterine bleeding of increasing intensity is not a good sign.
Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by peaceobetoh(f): 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thank you very much, the urine test is positive while blood test is positive but the scan is saying the sac is empty and there is fibroid.while the blood is coming and going.
Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by tpia5: 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
You said they did not see a baby, yet you're asking if your baby is ok?

Btw, how are people supposed to know?
Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by mownie: 7:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by rofemiguwa(f): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
Go and repeat ur scan where dy have good machines not all dose 18th century machine. Tell dem u want a machine with doppler/colour flow.that way u knw the machine is up to date.u might nid to tell the person scaning u to check for ectopic pregnancy,wat exactly is written on ur report.if u can write it out verbatim we might help u interpret it.however u might also have molar pregnancy or u have blighted ovum.I can't say since I don't have ur scan report.which ever the case. Please u don't have 3weeks to waste esp if its ectopic.ur risk level increases as d weeks go by.u nid to find out wat is really d case max 1week.don't jus go and rest do sometin.ur life might be in serious dAnger.
Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by labella12: 6:01am On Dec 06, 2013
Please go to a good hospital and see a gynae. The gestational sac should not be empty at 10 weeks. Repeat the scan in a good center if the sac is still empty then it may be a "blighted ovum" .

1 Like

Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 06, 2013
If you can type what is exactly on your Scan result...it might help. Urine HCG which is a non-invasive and easy-to-do by even non-health care givers can be prone to errors. I'll recommend a Blood/Serum HCG.

There are great indications we have a case of either 'blighted Ovum' or Spontanoeus abortion( if there are no retention of products of conception and cervix is closed may be safely sub classified as Threatened abortion).

Please dear, positive Blood pregnancy (HCG) test at this stage does not mean you still have a viable pregnancy. The HCG protein detected in your blood during test takes weeks to 'clear off' from the blood stream even after loss of pregnancy. Cheerz
Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by Kassidy90(m): 7:09pm On Dec 09, 2013
It could be Blighted ovum

1 Like

Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by peaceobetoh(f): 7:15am On Dec 12, 2013
Thanks everyone for ur support and advise. The blood I was seeing was a miscarriage.I have lost the pregnancy. So what is remaining is to treat the fibroid.I thank u all for ur advise.
Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by anncook158: 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2016
Pregnancy tests are most reliable from the first day of your missed period, although some tests can be used as early as four or five days before your period is due.
Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by Amor93: 8:42am On Jul 01, 2016
Goodmorning all, please I need serious and quick help. I applied for a job and we were asked to do pregnancy test. On doing mine, the blood test result came out positive in two different clinics while the urine test I did at home came out as negative. I got really confused because if I was really pregnant, I shouldn't be seeing my period (which came out a day before I went for d test) and if it was really pregnancy it would be obvious by now bks d last tym b4 recently dat I had sex was like 2months ago, nd d very recent unprotected sex I had with my fiance was on d 23-25th of June nd carried out the test on the 29th(of which by this date, there's no way it will already indicate that i'm pregnant right?). So in my confusion I went for an ultrasound scan and the scan result is stated in d picture attached. My problem now is since i'm in my period of which could possibly be the cause of the mild thickness in my endometrial cavity as observed by d scan, could it as well mean i'm pregnant due to the positive blood test result that I got or is the thickness there just a mere thickness of the endometrial cavity as a result of being in my period? If then it happens that i'm not pregnant what is d cause of the positive blood test result I got? I'm dying from fear of not knowing exactly what is wrong and I need quick help. Please help me and God bless you all.

Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by Adelakun2016(m): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
Kindly visit any OMVIAL 4D center. I believe you will get answer. 08060170565
Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by chiefolododo(m): 10:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Maybe you visit Shiloh,or redeem camp or mountain of fire
Re: I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty by praveenkumarad: 11:50am On Jul 04, 2018
Read this article and you will get depth information about pregnancy test before missed period.

(1) (Reply)

HIV Status Is Indeterminate / Genotype And Blood Group: Learn Never To Forget The Difference!!! / What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.