Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber (127476 Views)

The Story Of OYENUSI, THE Notorious Nigerian Arm Robber [pics] / Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia / ISIS Releases A Video That Shows The Execution Of 250 Syrians (WARNING! Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
Wow. Never knew of him.

Was thinking this was a story at first. Great history write-up, @OP. Can't help but commend the fluidity.

Crime rate must have been low in those days, compared to today's Nigeria, considering the turnout of people.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
wahooo very nice story and interesting1
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Sloan: 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
Funnily and curiously, it is Ibos who are criminals today! In fact, they boast openly about it most of the time that they are very bold and most courageous people in Nigeria.

I know some people cannot wait to attack me now! Sorry, I am gone from my computer! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by larayat(f): 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
I shudnt v opened dis..now aw am I goin 2 slp dis nyt.kai

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
I regret opening n reading this thread. Very sick n horrible wtf. Fvck!
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by shegssosplendid(m): 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
:oDidn't even know there were things like this o, thought they were just movies
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Ruq: 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
He is Legend
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by youngestgrad(m): 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
maybe they is sumtin wrong with me but i have deep respect 4 dis old skul criminals.....they even laugh at d face of death(literally)

3 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
pls, you mods shuold edit the heading of this thread, and add a warning to it or something, cos this is very bad, n offensive!
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by God2man(m): 10:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
The wages of sin is death.

God2man.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Celepope: 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigeria has really change.still remember while growing up how armed robbers were being executed in stadium.You hardly find such now adays.Maybe that's the cause of incessant robbery and kidnapping of recent time
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by nduchucks: 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
isale_gan2:

What info do you have on cold-blooded murders and (serial) murderers? The criminally insane or sociopath who simply killed just for the thrill of it? I remember reading a news story about an amateur "magician" guy, in the guise of a Professor Peller, who had a body cut up and stashed in a suitcase in his house. shocked sad

Ah ah, look at question!! Africans don't have the DNA to become such socipaths na.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
Op... My blood just chill now... Gory sites indeed.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
My face is stuck on dat smile on his face sad

Will have to Hold on to som1 b4 i sleep dis nite embarassed
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
ishola Oyenusi
lawrence anini and his comrade Osunbor
Shina Rambo
These are the most notorious criminals in the history of Nigeria

These men terrorized Nigeria
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
it's really painful
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Profkomolafe(m): 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
kudos.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
As at that time, armed robbers were condemned to death and thousands joyfully came out to ‘enjoy’ the grisly public executions before the firing squad on the pristine beaches of Lagos. Although Nigeria no longer has very ‘famous’ bandits and thieves like Anini (at the age of 26, Lawrence Nomayagbon Anini was the most notorious robber in Nigeria), Babatunde Folorunsho, Monday Osunbor, Shina Rambo, Buraimoh Jimoh, Oyenusi, ‘Mighty Joe’, ‘Captain Blood’ and George Iyamu (a former Deputy Superintendent of Police who was Anini’s collaborator), armed robbery is nonetheless a major problem in the nation.

3 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Urine: 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
Bossforeva: what do you mean, is there any striking resemblance btw Oyenusi and Yuzedo?

Ever heard of Salimonu?
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Sard(m): 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
Great write-up. Very interesting.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by adexsimply(m): 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
dimples*:

Hold on to me embarassed embarassed
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by ssultana(f): 10:54pm On Dec 12, 2013
I love love this!! I actually saw the anini and isakaba movies,thats actually where my knowledge on naija thievery comes from asides the occasional jabber from naija activists directed at our politicians....good work op,tnx for the education and tnx to everyone that contributed too cos u all just made me realise i love history(partial to Nigeria's tho)
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by AbuMikey(m): 10:54pm On Dec 12, 2013

#epic

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by rioemmanuel(m): 10:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
interesting
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by kayce19: 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
@op can u please tell us about Lawrence Anini? I have heard a lot about him but yet to get the full gist of how it happened.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by 53cur3m0d3(m): 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
dimples*:

I see U're scared of him, prolly fnkin hez gonna com for u tonyt. Well, the good news is I also got a smile on ma face. Take a look at ma face and U'll be glad U did.
Lemme hold U till the end of 2015...
xoxoxoxo..
@OP, MORE! MORE!! MORE!!!
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by beau49: 11:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
9cee one @ op....really enjoy ur post.

Btw can u pls write on d anini guy,I hrd abt him 4rm some1 buh it was nt detailed...Tanx
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Oluwason(m): 11:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
Many days for the thief, one day for the owner!
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Willgates(m): 11:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
nice
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
Abeg how can I get a visa to North Korea? How long does it take and what is the cost? Please help me
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by eagleeye2: 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
Bossforeva: 4rm the Era of Oyenusi down to Godogodo crimes have always been. Lawrence Anini, Monday Osunbor, George Iyamu, Obidiozor Otokoto, Okwudili Ndiwe alias Derico Nwa amama, Chiejina et al ehen that reminds me of the "Rise and Fall of Bakassi Boys" oh! Tis so sad i cant recall all i read on it then. How Orji Uzor Kalu started it in Aba 4 good purposes, how it came to Anambra State, how Ebube dike or is it "nwogwugwu" were making Derico and his Team to appear and dissappear. Well am a 90s kid, so i was still tender about 11 yrz old when Bakassi was in operation. All i know then is that each time i was coming back 4rm school i keep seeing criminals roasted alive by the AVS (Bakassi Boys) either for stealing Wristwatch or Nokia 3310 or even that Motorola and Sagem with long poles. Once they place one fetish thing on U, if it turns Red, 5secs later A Car Tire is on ur neck.
Please let me correct the bolded. Orji Uzor Kalu did not start Bakassi Boys.
Bakassi Boys started wheen criminal elements like the different group of Aba Mafians were terrorising the Ariaria Shoemaker boys who normally stay at a place they call Bakassi near Ariaria international Market. The Mafian Boys were terrorising the whole of Aba and not just the shoemaker boys. Infact, the shoemaker boys and some other business men at that time were paying Royalty/Levy to these Mafian boys.
But things got to a head and the Ariaria Shoemaker Boys and some other boys in Ariaria formed a kind of vigilante which later metamorphosed to the "dreaded" BAKASSI BOYS. The story we that was going around then (1998/1999) was that these Bakassi Boys went to a powerful medicine man to do a better charm for them. Then their leader was a crippled man.
After the battle at Water Side, Ogbor-hill. The Mafian boys started leaving town.
When Orji Uzor Kalu came in 1999, he decided to give the Bakassi Boys some 'legitimacy'. Which turned out to become the "Rise and Fall of the Bakassi Boys".
NB
I enjoyed your story about Dr Oyenusi. Carry Go bro.

2 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by IAMBREEZY: 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
EPIC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bst Ways To Write An Application Letter For School Teaching Job (nirafame) / Today's Ghana Fortune Lotto Sure Winning Numbers / How To Generate Free Recharge Card Pins Online And Make Free Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.