Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber (127469 Views)

The Story Of OYENUSI, THE Notorious Nigerian Arm Robber [pics] / Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia / ISIS Releases A Video That Shows The Execution Of 250 Syrians (WARNING! Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Polio: 3:39am On Dec 13, 2013
History right there. Thanks OP wink
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 3:45am On Dec 13, 2013
Woooooow. With pictures. Op, thanks for the info
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Tunbolity(m): 4:08am On Dec 13, 2013
Good job at the OP,I actually first read of Oyenusi and his exploit on .com.Though it was with pictorial illustrations too but I don't think it was as detailed as this....Keep it up!
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by IAMBREEZY: 4:14am On Dec 13, 2013
Kayusfity:

bro you sabi do North Korean visa I'm interested
nope i don't reside there.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by kaffy4tope(m): 4:29am On Dec 13, 2013
dimples*:
My face is stuck on dat smile on his face sad

Will have to Hold on to som1 b4 i sleep dis nite embarassed

Come and hold me tight babes. kiss
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Sloan: 4:39am On Dec 13, 2013
This league of hard core thieves were Ibo, Yoruba and Edo / Benin of those days. Benson Iyamu was Edo, Anini Same. Oyenusi was Yoruba or so? There were also Ibos too and I can come back later with exact names. Capital punishment needs to be re-introduced for crimes like these, kidnapping, armed robbery, murder, high corruption, drug smuggling, oil bunkering, terrorism, gun running or smuggling, etc. Fraud must carry long jail terms of dozens of years and for big fraud, capital punishment with complete forfeiture of all assets. No plea bargains again.

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Ayatullah(m): 4:42am On Dec 13, 2013
valdprof: hmmm! Hope u wont cry after reading abt me ......I am anini

Meaning you share same name with the Notorious Armed Robber, now rearing your head in Nairaland as valdprof, really pitied those who shared same name with Anini in those days.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by ogwumgbe: 5:33am On Dec 13, 2013
All I can say is that it's just pathetic
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by juman(m): 5:33am On Dec 13, 2013
I remember JB that was executed with his gang members in ilorin in 1984/85.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 5:36am On Dec 13, 2013
Shina rambo?i don dey hear say dat man na notorious arm robber,and davido go dey brag with im name for TV.....karma dey Bleep up
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by sheryf01(m): 5:41am On Dec 13, 2013
isale_gan2:

A lot of those seem to be economic-related crimes, though violent.

What info do you have on cold-blooded murders and (serial) murderers? The criminally insane or sociopath who simply killed just for the thrill of it? I remember reading a news story about an amateur "magician" guy, in the guise of a Professor Peller, who had a body cut up and stashed in a suitcase in his house. shocked sad

u guys like blaming the economy and govt for every wrong doings. Were they the only ones in the economic turmoil. Are u not in same situatn? Why don't u go around doin wat they did. The problem has always bn the way they were brought up, I contentment wit the little they have,tryn to impress babes and so wanting to live above there means....its a long story though
enlighting. Thought crime was a common factor in one part of the country now I know its attributed to all regions of the country. God help us as kidnapping has taken the order of daily activities in Nigeria.
90s child? Well, I was before your time. embarassed lipsrsealed I remember newspaper and TV news coverage about executions at the Bar Beach or someplace. undecided

P.S. I don't wish to derail; this might be unrelated to topic.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by misterh(m): 6:04am On Dec 13, 2013
kid7soccer: Yes i read wat hapin, but Instead of killing y not draft this men into dey army to serve they nation, they skill will have bin put to gud use dey. They were killed for crime and murder offenses, while the real criminals and murderers (gudluck, obj, babagida,even gowon etc) are still alive, working free and hold political post in nigeria. Nigeria is another word for decay.
Really? They should serve the same nation they terrorised? No, sir, we already have people who can serve the nation diligently cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by victorazy(m): 6:05am On Dec 13, 2013
juman: I remember JB that was executed with his gang members in ilorin in 1984/85.
Yep! Me too I remembered vividly when I was very small around 1985 when I was around 5yrs and in primary 1. one Ndubuisi was executed in our village in Umuahia, I still remember the shirt he was wearing and how he sang gospel songs through out that day in BlackMaria.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by armyofone(m): 6:27am On Dec 13, 2013
I was at the bar beach once sigh . . . I was just bored and took a walk to the far end and saw the body of a big guy who was burnt to death and vultures were doing their thing. I ran and refused to touch the water. I still wonder who are the people who did it and why at the beach.
Who swims there by the way?

repogirl: I had no clue until now that public executions were carried out at the bar beach..... Kind of barbaric, and makes the beach seem kind of eerie for me now.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by AnanseK(m): 6:27am On Dec 13, 2013
4bobo: wonderful. I hope our thieving politicians are made to face the same firing squad. But who among the mice will really bell the cat?. Now are days both local and international robbers are celebrities.If they eventually get arrested, they find their way out of the prison ceremoniously.......
@TEAM BODE JUDGE, ALAMSCO and IBORI (waiting for his aso ebi if eventually released). Naija- i hail una.

And I wish they can bravely take responsibility for their criminal activity like Oyenusi who said "I'm dying for my actions".
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by naijaboiy: 6:28am On Dec 13, 2013
Interesting!very very interesting
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Willzkid(m): 6:28am On Dec 13, 2013
, can we get one one Anini soon, with pictures...
Thanks
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 13, 2013
Good story Kip it up man
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 13, 2013
Good morning all.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by AnanseK(m): 6:42am On Dec 13, 2013
Sloan: This league of hard core thieves were Ibo, Yoruba and Edo / Benin of those days. Benson Iyamu was Edo, Anini Same. Oyenusi was Yoruba or so? There were also Ibos too and I can come back later with exact names. Capital punishment needs to be re-introduced for crimes like these, kidnapping, armed robbery, murder, high corruption, drug smuggling, oil bunkering, terrorism, gun running or smuggling, etc. Fraud must carry long jail terms of dozens of years and for big fraud, capital punishment with complete forfeiture of all assets. No plea bargains again.

Northerners have worked so hard to instill morality and justice in Nigeria. I think it is futile, even your northern kith and kin are gradually being recruited into violent gruesome crimes. ( for this few minutes don't mind the transient BH criminals whose motivation is perceived injustice, marginalization, ignorance and possibly political instigation from bad citizens). It is time the north seeks a new destiny , you northerners can never form a proper nation with these criminally minded people whether as leaders or as followers.
NB: They may want to insult me, but I have said the truth.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by waleadex(m): 6:44am On Dec 13, 2013
O ga o!
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Rejoice5000(f): 7:01am On Dec 13, 2013
Max story drop tears from my eyes.weaving his friend ad say don't worry.God this execution is not right,whosoever that will practice that his generations will be caused.i heard Delta gov passed that law,God its not right.life imprisonment is better.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by sCun: 7:01am On Dec 13, 2013
Sloan: This league of hard core thieves were Ibo, Yoruba and Edo / Benin of those days. Benson Iyamu was Edo, Anini Same. Oyenusi was Yoruba or so? There were also Ibos too and I can come back later with exact names. Capital punishment needs to be re-introduced for crimes like these, kidnapping, armed robbery, murder, high corruption, drug smuggling, oil bunkering, terrorism, gun running or smuggling, etc. Fraud must carry long jail terms of dozens of years and for big fraud, capital punishment with complete forfeiture of all assets. No plea bargains again.
There were Igbos, but you can't come up with any names. Your hatred for Igbos will kill you, just take time to go through your posts.
Even the hard core criminals of today are still Yorubas, Abbey Godogodo and the likes.
Goodluck in finding Igbo names, I doubt if you'll find any.

4 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by dayokanu(m): 7:03am On Dec 13, 2013
Urine: Ever heard of Salimonu?

Yes I have. A thief that terrorized my town in the early 90's and was killed by a mob
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Onegai(f): 7:05am On Dec 13, 2013
Great article, good to learn of a part of Nigeria's history. Sir Victor Uwaifo became a sculptor and has a life-size sculpture of Anini's assasination, for those in Benin. Oyenusi is a movie waiting to be told, after all, we all know Bonnie and Clyde. www.naijapretty..com
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nogen: 7:15am On Dec 13, 2013
nicholls2013: i like reading about these stories because they always remind me that crime doesnt pay. as for the lawrence Anini story,its a really sad case for me because i know the story first hand because i still have the video cassette of the documentary daily times did at that time and i am a friend to Anini's first son who is currently a student of UNIBEN.; Nobody knows who he is because they had to change their surname.i will try to convert the cassette into a file so it can be downloaded.God bless nigeria

Poor boy, hope he doesn't have any trace of his father in him. May he live a Godly life and reject societal vices. May he do good in life and be remembered for good not evil like his father.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by agog: 7:20am On Dec 13, 2013
hmm, the gloom of the world is but a walking shadow. armed robbery is an hopeless profession.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by AnanseK(m): 7:21am On Dec 13, 2013
sCun: There were Igbos, but you can't come up with any names. Your hatred for Igbos will kill you, just take time to go through your posts.
Even the hard core criminals of today are still Yorubas, Abbey Godogodo and the likes.
Goodluck in finding Igbo names, I doubt if you'll find any.

Goodluck ? What do you mean?
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 13, 2013
interesting. I've always wanted to hear bout this story. First heard bout them from my parent from their account on watching it on tv but their details were never detailed and juicy. So this was how it is??
INNARMORATA: Too long a letter..Jst passing by..
wtf dyu mean?? How can anybody not like to read interesting history like dis even if it is 20pages?? Omo i tire for some nigerians. I guess the europeans were right afterall when they said if you want to hide something from the black man, put it in a book.

4 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by agog: 7:38am On Dec 13, 2013
please do you have a video link of this execution? pls share if you have.
thanks.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Feraz(m): 7:58am On Dec 13, 2013
Onegai: Great article, good to learn of a part of Nigeria's history. Sir Victor Uwaifo became a sculptor and has a life-size sculpture of Anini's assasination, for those in Benin. Oyenusi is a movie waiting to be told, after all, we all know Bonnie and Clyde. www.naijapretty..com
Any idea where in particular?

Great piece by the OP.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Urine: 8:06am On Dec 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Yes I have a thief that terrorized my town in the early 90's and was killed by a mob

You're from Ogbomoso? Hahahahaha... He was one thief that was high on confidence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bst Ways To Write An Application Letter For School Teaching Job (nirafame) / Today's Ghana Fortune Lotto Sure Winning Numbers / How To Generate Free Recharge Card Pins Online And Make Free Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.