Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber (127496 Views)

The Story Of OYENUSI, THE Notorious Nigerian Arm Robber [pics] / Urgent Action; Stop The Execution In Indonesia / ISIS Releases A Video That Shows The Execution Of 250 Syrians (WARNING! Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by ademega(m): 11:07am On Dec 13, 2013
I could rember when i was small ,my mother would warn me not to steal so that "won o ni fi eyin mi ti agba" (they not execute me by tieing me to a drum)
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 13, 2013
I love crime stories. Wow! Cnt believe i was not yet born when all that oyenusu history wnt down. I just confirmed it from my mom now. Awesome execution! More stories pls, anyone! Thanks OP
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by psky: 11:35am On Dec 13, 2013
Nogen:

Famous or notorious? Famous is positive. I think notorious is more like it.

The word "notorious" does not necessarily imply popularity, the right word to use would be "infamous". smiley
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Texykool: 11:43am On Dec 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Yes I have. A thief that terrorized my town in the early 90's and was killed by a mob

Bros, you be from Ogbomoso bah?

I was in the town when Salimonu went down...

God bless LAUTECH students and Ogbomoso Youth... They made it happen
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Texykool: 11:55am On Dec 13, 2013
Live Broadcasts of Execution should not be encouraged.

I remember watching one on because (Ibadan) back then. The armed robbers were executed at Odogbo Cantonment.

I can still remember the looks on their faces till date... Some were sore afraid, some cried, some were singing...

'A o pade lese Jesu' (We shall meet at the feet of Jesus)
'Nibi ti a ko ni yara wa' (where we shall part no more)
'A o rira wa, a o yo mora wa' (we'll see one another and rejoice)
'Jesu ni yoo se alaga wa' (Jesus shall be our 'chairman')

cheesy

some sang Islamic songs while some just sobbed their hearts out... One guy was speaking to no one in particular 'who will take care of...(names)'.

I still can't forget, and I shake I little whenever I remember.

Dudes didnt wanna die cheesy

#crimedoesnotpay
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by phlame(m): 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
ladenz:

why was he scanning the crowd for your dad's mother

He meant Oyenesi's Mother you I*d*I*O*T

3 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
Lol! Calm.down bro
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by drdams: 12:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
Derico, Clifford Orji, Rev. King!!
sCun: There were Igbos, but you can't come up with any names. Your hatred for Igbos will kill you, just take time to go through your posts.
Even the hard core criminals of today are still Yorubas, Abbey Godogodo and the likes.
Goodluck in finding Igbo names, I doubt if you'll find any.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by coogar: 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
i love urban legends - oyenusi was a legend. each time i have culled an elder to tell me about him, they all had spine-chilling things to say about him as the most notorious armed robber in the history of nigeria.

The Top 5
• dr. oyenusi
• lawrence anini
• derico
• shina rambo
• kayode williams.

nollywood producers should gather intelligence & do movies on the stories of these urban legends & share the proceeds with their known victims. that's how it's done in the developed world.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by elampiro2: 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
coogar: i love urban legends - oyenusi was a legend. each time i have culled an elder to tell me about him, they all had spine-chilling things to say about him as the most notorious armed robber in the history of nigeria.

The Top 5
• dr. oyenusi
• lawrence anini
• derico
• shina rambo
• kayode williams.

nollywood producers should gather intelligence & do movies on the stories of these urban legends & share the proceeds with their known victims. that's how it's done in the developed world.

Coogar, please explain the legend aspect. In Nigeria there is nothing legendary in robbery, it is a total thing of shame.

2 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by elampiro2: 1:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
When I was in primary 4 or 5, I witnessed a robber executed at stake just as this. Our headmaster asked all pupils to go the town public field. Since we got there early, I stood close before the crowd became heavy. Don't dare soldiers, the tying to the stake alone was enough to kill a human being. ........ It was a real scene....
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by coogar: 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
elampiro2:

Coogar, please explain the legend aspect. In Nigeria there is nothing legendary in robbery, it is a total thing of shame.

urban legends are incredible stories – sometimes scary, sometimes funny – which have a tantalizing bit of plausibility to them. urban legends contain many folkloric elements and they spread quickly through a community or society.

the tales are usually told dramatically, as if they are true stories that have happened to a real people, although they may in fact be fictional. local touches are often added to the legend. urban legends often carry a warning or have some significance that motivates the community in preserving and propagating it.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by DrRiley(m): 1:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
Educating info @ op
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by StEdwin(m): 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
coogar:

urban legends are incredible stories – sometimes scary, sometimes funny – which have a tantalizing bit of plausibility to them. urban legends contain many folkloric elements and they spread quickly through a community or society.

the tales are usually told dramatically, as if they are true stories that have happened to a real people, although they may in fact be fictional. local touches are often added to the legend. urban legends often carry a warning or have some significance that motivates the community in preserving and propagating it.

I am sorry but I do not agree with you on this. There's nothing legendary about someone who decides to carry arms and terrorise other citizens, killing those who go about their daily living. There's nothing legendary about such people. If you believe they are legends, then you are inadvertently encouraging someone out there who can't live above his means to take up a gun and go on a spree killing.

Neither does encouraging nollywood producers or actors to act the script of such notorious psychopaths a worthy act. If you want to help the victims of these criminals, there are better ways of doing such like organizing a fundraiser, et al and not eulogising these criminals and asking the proceeds of such acts be given to the victims.

Please don't call an armed robber an urban LEGEND. You are simply bastardizing that word 'Legend' and in the process placing evil in the midst of good......

There are people who have made significant and amazing contributions to humanity and are called LEGENDS and I don't think placing criminals in the same class as these people is the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by coogar: 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
St. Edwin:

I am sorry but I do not agree with you on this. There's nothing legendary about someone who decides to carry arms and terrorise other citizens, killing those who go about their daily living. There's nothing legendary about such people. If you believe they are legends, then you are inadvertently encouraging someone out there who can't live above his means to take up a gun and go on a spree killing.

Neither does encouraging nollywood producers or actors to act the script of such notorious psychopaths a worthy act. If you want to help the victims of these criminals, there are better ways of doing such like organizing a fundraiser, et al and not eulogising these criminals and asking the proceeds of such acts be given to the victims.

Please don't call an armed robber an urban LEGEND. You are simply bastardizing that word 'Legend' and in the process placing evil in the midst of good......

There are people who have made significant and amazing contributions to humanity and are called LEGENDS and I don't think placing criminals in the same class as these people is the right thing.

legend = the story being told about famous or infamous people generally. they don't have to contribute positively to be legends. a serial killer is a legend so is a freedom fighter like mandela. you can google it & confirm. whether famous or notorious - as long as people talk about it en masse - a legend is born.

the dictionary defines legend as an unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical or a person whose fame or notoriety makes him a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits.

so whether you like it or not, derico, anini, oyenusi & shina rambo are all legends.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by shadrach77: 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
elampiro2:

nope, there was one more you didn't add the legendary ibadan rober Mufu Oloosa Oko. So popular a film was released about him recently. And the write up by the op did not do justice to Oyenusi. He was heavily fortified via charms and so many legendary stories abound about his exploits angry angry angry
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by StEdwin(m): 1:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
coogar:

legend = the story being told about famous or infamous people generally. they don't have to contribute positively to be legends. a serial killer is a legend so is a freedom fighter like mandela. you can google it & confirm. whether famous or notorious - as long as people talk about it en masse - a legend is born.

the dictionary defines legend as an unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical or a person whose fame or notoriety makes him a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits.

so whether you like it or not, derico, anini, oyenusi & shina rambo are all legends.

Maybe in your own little stratosphere. You might as were build images and statutes of them and idolize them.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by shadrach77: 1:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
coogar: i love urban legends - oyenusi was a legend. each time i have culled an elder to tell me about him, they all had spine-chilling things to say about him as the most notorious armed robber in the history of nigeria.

The Top 5
• dr. oyenusi
• lawrence anini
• derico
• shina rambo
• kayode williams.

nope, there was one more you didn't add the legendary ibadan rober Mufu Oloosa Oko. So popular a film was released about him recently. And the write up by the op did not do justice to Oyenusi. He was heavily fortified via charms and so many legendary stories abound about his exploits
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by coogar: 1:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
St. Edwin:

Maybe in your own little stratosphere. You might as were build images and statutes of them and idolize them.

you are a bush man.
robin hood, britain's most notorious robber is a legend. countless movies have been done about him. then you have billy the kid, adolf hitler & even bin laden are legends. why don't you verify these statements instead of letting your emotions get the better of you?

shadrach77:
nope, there was one more you didn't add the legendary ibadan rober Mufu Oloosa Oko. So popular a film was released about him recently. And the write up by the op did not do justice to Oyenusi. He was heavily fortified via charms and so many legendary stories abound about his exploits

i only compiled a list of the ones that shook the nation. anini had the whole of bendel state rocking then. it became a national embarrassment for IBB that an armed robber can hold an entire state to a ransome. his girlfriend was turned & she betrayed anini.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by StEdwin(m): 1:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
coogar:

you are a bush man.
robin hood, britain's most notorious robber is a legend. countless movies have been done about him. then you have billy the kid, adolf hitler & even bin laden are legends. why don't you verify these statements instead of letting your emotions get the better of you?

This is what happens when you try to convince a neanderthal. I made my facts and reasons point and clear.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by chairman: 1:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
misterh: GOSH!!! This post just turned my stomach. WTF?? Everybody is a sinner but some sins weigh more than others. So a murderer should be left off the hook because the judge is also a sinner? Most adults stole meats from the pots when they were young but does that stop them from punishing their own children if they steal meats from the pot? If we are to follow your logic, the world would be inhabitable. Damn!
misterh: GOSH!!! This post just turned my stomach. WTF?? Everybody is a sinner but some sins weigh more than others. So a murderer should be left off the hook because the judge is also a sinner? Most adults stole meats from the pots when they were young but does that stop them from punishing their own children if they steal meats from the pot? If we are to follow your logic, the world would be inhabitable. Damn!
bros this is not what you think or what you feel is the right way of looking at this, I am talking God and his will, if you are a true christian you will know that there is no difference between the lier and a murderer, if the lier dies without repenting from his or her lieying ways the same fate that awaits the murderer who dies not repenting from his murdering ways is the same fate that awaits the lier.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by chairman: 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by coogar: 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
St. Edwin:

This is what happens when you try to convince a neanderthal. I made my facts and reasons point and clear.

you have been exposed as a charlatan - you should face-palm! if at your age you don't know the meaning of the word legend, i suggest you should go get yourself a primary school uniform & start all over again.

how's robin hood a legend & anini isn't?
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by drdams: 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
When we say an act is legendary or some one is a legend ; it doesnt neccessarily means their attributes tends towards positivity.

With you assertions thus far, I will like to say your Naivety & Superfluous Emotional display is Legendary!!!

IBB who killed Dele Giwa is a Legend, Abacha, Osama Bin Laden, Clifford Orji, Ojukwu are all legends ih their respective ordeals!!
St. Edwin:

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by coogar: 2:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
dr dams: When we say an act is legendary or some one is a legend ; it doesnt neccessarily means their attributes tends towards positivity.

With you assertions thus far, I will like to say your Naivety & Superfluous Emotional display is Legendary!!!

IBB who killed Dele Giwa is a Legend, Abacha, Osama Bin Laden, Clifford Orji, Ojukwu are all legends ih their respective ordeals!!

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by drdams: 2:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
I hope dis not the coogar i had intention of slapping some months back?
Well, I seem not to decipher the message your photo is passing.
coogar:

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by ladenz(m): 2:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
phlame:

He meant Oyenesi's Mother you I*d*I*O*T

thanks for correcting my error. No thanks for the insult. Absolutely unnecessary, rude and immature. But i wont fall to your level by beginning to exchange insults with you. Adios hijo de puta smiley

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by Toks2008(m): 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
Too bad now we have even more notorious armed-robbers leading our countries and roaming freely.

GOD help Nigeria.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by coogar: 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
dr dams: I hope dis not the coogar i had intention of slapping some months back?
Well, I seem not to decipher the message your photo is passing.

slap me?
attempt that & you would have your lower abdomen turned into a fountain of blood while i use your intestine as a bungee cord.

go & get a better internet connection to see the message my gif is passing. i suggest you sell your phone use the proceeds to buy more internet speed.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by litetias(m): 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
St. Edwin:

Mr I Know It All the guy is not saying those robbers are legends he is only saying that their stories sound like urban legends which are frightening untrue stories in which the storyteller insists is true, but has no evidence to back up. I know you still won't understand but don't worry you'll understand when you become an adult.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by drdams: 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hehehehe! U wanna get me rolling again? I bet u ; u aint gonna survive it.

Besides its nt a matter with my phone cos I can view it well nut just clear kinda.
coogar:

slap me?
attempt that & you would have your lower abdomen turned into a fountain of blood while i use your intestine as a bungee cord.

go & get a better internet connection to see the message my gif is passing. i suggest you sell your phone use the proceeds to buy more internet speed.
Re: The Execution Of 'Doctor Oyenusi' A Notorious Robber by chikachike86(m): 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
[quote author=Gabriel_sylar]Actually what they call “violent” then was just normal...read d story of richard kulklinski he killed 200 people yet he was givn life imprisonment...oyenusi escaped tru d help of his friends the NPF..there was nothing too violent that a simple incarceration could not solve...... [/quote
Kuklinski escaped execution as a result of failure on the part of the DA to directly link him to the murders. There was no murder weapon tendered as evidence, it was only his own confession that was extracted by a federal agent who posed as a hit man that needed kuklinski to do a hit for him.
Oyenusi on the otherhand was caught in the act, and he knew the consequences, that being the reason he was all smiles through out the execution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bst Ways To Write An Application Letter For School Teaching Job (nirafame) / Today's Ghana Fortune Lotto Sure Winning Numbers / How To Generate Free Recharge Card Pins Online And Make Free Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.