Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,411 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:16 AM

Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? (11126 Views)

Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. / Can Any Nigerian Past Leader Be Praised Like Nelson Mandela? / Question Of The Year ::::: Can Nigeria Ever Have A President Like Nelson Mandela (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by kolamilan(m): 10:15am On Dec 06, 2013
I miss you the great Tata madiba. This is unlike looters we have in Nigeria portraying themselves as credible leaders we can just compare them with a man with good ambition to his country and achievers.
Rip the greatest african legend of all time.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by shadydeals: 10:19am On Dec 06, 2013
hopilo: Obasanjo was in prison like Mandela, both became president Mandela did not go for second term, Obasanjo did no go for third term. Are they not the same?
dis one dey smoke dry granulated shit.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 06, 2013
Jonathan cn be if only he sits down n ask himself what did Mandela do dat made d world celebrate him like dis? n if he finds d Ansa try to work towards it n I swear d world will celebrate him too.....
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by seangy4konji: 10:27am On Dec 06, 2013
we only have thieves and corrupt leaders who till date can not probe a thieving minister who used millions to buy just 2 cars probably because they are sleeping with each other...where is their dignity and honor...Just thieves and looters of treasury which they have forgotten that they will not take a dime to heaven...WHY should there be no constant electricity in NIGERIAEver sat and thought about this little things a country that started 10 years ago have constant power supply?They will all rot in hell..RIP Madiba.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by shehuAO: 10:33am On Dec 06, 2013
Bihari can be hero of Nigeria ,if he is giving the opportunity,but can we?
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by bokohalal(m): 10:33am On Dec 06, 2013
Yes.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by UyiIredia(m): 10:34am On Dec 06, 2013
abdolleez: Among our present leaders the likes of Tinubu, Obasanjo, Buhari, GEJ, Gowon, etc can they be celebrated like Mandela after their death as an icon and heroes

None of the names up there command the respect even Fela has in death, talk less of Mandela: make dem first reason Fela.

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by Sability(m): 10:36am On Dec 06, 2013
hopilo: Obasanjo was in prison like Mandela, both became president Mandela did not go for second term, Obasanjo did no go for third term. Are they not the same?

You cannot do this now, how can compare Mandela with with obj. na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by akanbiaa(m): 10:38am On Dec 06, 2013
we have but till the appointed time before God makes him known to all and he shall win the love of the common people and the respect of the powerful he shall be an advocate for peace and justice and he shall be selfless his name shall be servant of God his name shall also be Wealth of Royalty and his nick name Infinite Mercies of God.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by SwitnessA(m): 10:46am On Dec 06, 2013
Can u drink water with fork? Naija leaders hmmm!
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by victorv12(m): 10:54am On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by victorv12(m): 10:54am On Dec 06, 2013
Gani Fawehinmi, Wole Soyinka, Fele Anikulapo Kuti, Tai Solarin and Ken Saro-wiwa fought for Nigerians. Especially, Gani Fawehinmi fought endlessly against oppression and injustice in the land. Apart from these men of honor, I don't think there are politicians or civil servants under Johnathan administration that can wear Madiba's shoes. Even majority of our religious leaders are bunch of crooks by the book.

Awolowo, Tafa Balewe and Zik were too tribalistic in their politics, unlike Mandela who fought for the freedom of all South Africans. In Nigerian today, we love to stereotype. No! Hausa men na dem dey steal money pass and they're lazy... Haaa, Na lie! Na Yoruba people with their Amala politics they steal pass, go ask Tinubu! Igbo men na dem dey chop Nigeria oil money pass! Can't you see Diezani no wan pass Petroleum Industry Bill?! She get some oil deals she must chop out from before they sign any yeye pib bill!

We're too divided and corrupt in Nigeria.

RIP MADIBA
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by olowop: 10:54am On Dec 06, 2013
yes we can have someone, that is great than mandela in Nigeria Wu is great than my dad in this world pst E.A ADEBOYE ansa me.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by femmy2010(m): 10:57am On Dec 06, 2013
A ship sized NO.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by victorv12(m): 10:59am On Dec 06, 2013
olowo p: yes we can have someone, that is great than mandela in Nigeria Wu is great than my dad in this world pst E.A ADEBOYE ansa me.

Who F*#! is pastor E.A ADEBOYE?!
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by busuyem: 11:01am On Dec 06, 2013
olowo p: yes we can have someone, that is great than mandela in Nigeria Wu is great than my dad in this world pst E.A ADEBOYE ansa me.

I think ur English teacher is the greatest!
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by babycee(f): 11:04am On Dec 06, 2013
abdolleez: Among our present leaders the likes of Tinubu, Obasanjo, Buhari, GEJ, Gowon, etc can they be celebrated like Mandela after their death as an icon and heroes
I

With 40days and 40 nights of fasting and lots of prayers, MAYBE
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by PECO4KING(m): 11:04am On Dec 06, 2013
Yes there are good people in Nigeria. But Nigerians will never encourage people like that . So the answer is NO.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by victorlexa(m): 11:06am On Dec 06, 2013
Yes if dey change dia attitude... That dsnt seem to happen tho... Cz many of dem seem to be forever unrepentant.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by PECO4KING(m): 11:13am On Dec 06, 2013

How many private jet has Mandela got.
How many people did your daddy save.
Can your daddy go to jail because he want freedom.
Is your dads church school fees high or low in other to help the poor.
How many people recongise your daddy.
How many Nobel award your dad got.
If you can answer the few questions above then I will accept your daddy can be a great man like Mandela.

3 Likes

Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by inforesource: 11:15am On Dec 06, 2013
Be the one and stop talking about others. Why can't you tell yourself that you want to be like Mandela and start working towards becoming it? If There's non in Nigeria today, it means There's a record to be broken, a jinx to conquer.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by juman(m): 11:19am On Dec 06, 2013
In directionless one nigeria?
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by juman(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2013
I weep for nigeria.

No to one nigeria.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 06, 2013
Nashville: We don't have anyone close to Mandela and we won't for a while. Mandela came out of prison and did one term, Obasanjo wanted three. Bamangar Tukur was governor of Gongola state in 1979 but still wouldn't leave. Is it because Tukur loves his people or his pocket?

Selflessness is rare in Nigeria, and that's why we can't celebrate our leaders because most of them care only for themselves. And then tribalism is also a huge problem.

GEJ tried to pass 7yr single term bill (which wouldve effectively made him Nigeria's First Life President) after just 3weeks in power.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by GentleFrank(m): 11:37am On Dec 06, 2013
Of course. I'm d one !
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by hustla(m): 11:37am On Dec 06, 2013
Never!!!
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by nagoma(m): 11:40am On Dec 06, 2013

He had the opportunity but his greed overwhelmed him. You can only be such a dedicated leader when you want nothing for yourself but all for the country.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by ITbomb(m): 11:43am On Dec 06, 2013
Nigeria structure will not allow such a luxury.
The Northerner will trod the path of UDF to treat the infidels as conquered territory.
The Yoruba will deport anyone who is not bringing money into their territory
The Igboman will see his ascension to power as his own turn to gather as much as possible.
Nationalist, objective, detribalizes, noe-sentimental leader in Nigeria is a mirage
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by hassymo5(m): 11:46am On Dec 06, 2013
GEJ is close to that...,
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 06, 2013
Don't we have people who fought for our independence as well? They were also celebrated when they died.

And why do we like shi/tty comparisons? Did our country go through half of the ordeal south africa went through? How many country in the world have someone like mandela? South africa had a special case! And just so you know, mandela is not really that celebrated in south africa like it is depicted in the media.
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by uprightman(m): 11:47am On Dec 06, 2013
muhajid asari dokubo faught for emmancipation of niger delta that brought the creation of niger delta ministriy,nddc,
Re: Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? by sokoanugwa: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2013
No matter how we see it, OBJ is the next elder statesman for Africa after the demise of Madiba. Forget about his flaws and lets look at this continent critically, he stands out and am very proud that one of our own is stepping on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ali Modu-Sherrif Forceful Entry Into Party Secretariat Is Illegal - PDP / Samuel Ortom: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Worsening Nigeria’s Division / Obasanjo: "With What I Saw At UK Parliament, Nnamdi Kanu Has Gotten Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.