Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

An Open Letter To All Muslims - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / An Open Letter To All Muslims (23473 Views)

Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / Happy Arafat Day To All Muslims Around The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by AnanseK(m): 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2013
deols:

The discourse that gets them praying for Isreal definitely always has to do with the present Isreal.

During the last terrorist attack by Isreal against Palestine. I heard many Nigerian Churches held special prayers for Isreal. That is what I'm talking about.

Jews do not give a damn about Christians , especially black Christians. Although these days they see them as a source of some income as they go in groups for tourism/ pilgrimage.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by Harbdhul(m): 9:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
lurge:
We know you're a muslim so don't try to defend the wrong doings of your brothers. Their actions makes people regard them as a violent religion. We all know Christains are more peaceful. Please mind what you say. You're making inciteful statements and I really don't want to start a fight here.
more peaceful indeed, no wonder u want to start a fight.
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by AnanseK(m): 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
5thNOTE: the dating is higly false, in 1200 centruy, D english had nt properly being a country as organize to start travelling or going to expedition. Most expedition started later.

Another dumb bloke here! Two dates were given 1238 in the Islamic ( Hijra ) calendar which corresponds with 1824 in Christian calendar. There is always about 600 years difference.
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by 5thNOTE: 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
deols: what is your source.

I don't doubt that a letter like this could have been from a Muslim ruler though. Protection given to non-Muslims is well documented in Islamic history.

It is one of the reasons Islam should not be judged by the actions of a few ignorant ones claiming to carry out shameful acts in the name of Islam.

The wordings of the letter scream 'translated from arabic'
the dating is higly false, in 1200 centruy D english had nt properly being a country as organize to start travelling or going to expedition as to come to Borno. Most expedition started later. I did a bit of history, Usman Dan Fodio who brought Islam to D Hausas did invade them in latter century. I wonder where u ppl get ur trash(fact). There was no strong muslim ruler in D Hausa at 1230's century. Islam was then just spread by travellers frm other part of africa comin to D north.
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by tonychristopher: 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
SO THE QUESTION IS....AT WHAT POINT DID THE NIGERIAN MUSLIM AND NORTH DERAIL.....I DOUBT IF THIS LETTER IS REAL. I WOULD WANT TO SEE THE ORIGINAL FOR CARBON DATING. I KNOW THAT RELIGION AS TROUBLESOME FROM THE ERA OF USMAN DAN FODIO TILL NOW.....

ARE NORTHERN MUSLIM PEACE LOVING ....LOOK AT THE WORLD AND AREAS WE HAVE ANARCHY. WHICH RELIGION IS INVOLVED

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by AnanseK(m): 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
5thNOTE: the dating is higly false, in 1200 centruy D english had nt properly being a country as organize to start travelling or going to expedition as to come to Borno. Most expedition started later. I did a bit of history, Usman Dan Fodio who brought Islam to D Hausas did invade them in latter century. I wonder where u ppl get ur trash(fact). There was no strong muslim ruler in D Hausa at 1230's century. Islam was then just spread by travellers frm other part of africa comin to D north.

You are really ignorant. Where did you see "century" written in the post? You expect El- Kanemi 200 years ago to date his letter with the birth of Christ ? The letter was dated by Hijra calendar and the OP explained that to be equivalent to 1824 in the calendar you understand. Please shut up! And Usman Dan Fodio did not bring Islam to Hausaland.
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
deols:

The discourse that gets them praying for Isreal definitely always has to do with the present Isreal.

During the last terrorist attack by Isreal against Palestine. I heard many Nigerian Churches held special prayers for Isreal. That is what I'm talking about.
"you heard" from where? Nigerian churches don't pray for isreal, they pray for peace in the middle east, but I'm not surprised at your selective ignorance. So long as it propagates you message of vengeance to Christians who have done nothing but defend themselves through out history

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by AnanseK(m): 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ada Nri1: "you heard" from where? Nigerian churches don't pray for isreal, they pray for peace in the middle east, but I'm not surprised at your selective ignorance. So long as it propagates you message of vengeance to Christians who have done nothing but defend themselves through out history
You don't know Christian history my Dear. Even the recent massacre in Bosnia is enough to tell you how bloody Christian history was. Please google and read about it and the crusades , the heresy laws, the inquests etc . You have a lot to learn.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by 5thNOTE: 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
deols:

There are many of this kind of letter. I will search and if I find them, post them here. It is inherently a part of Islam to protect people of other faith found in Islamic territory.

I believe what we see now in the form of intolerance from some Muslims stem from the crusade(killings by the christians.).

Muslims who would not see beyond vengeance decided to take up arms against those whom they see to have wronged them. This certain belief grew into the different terror organisations that exist now. I just wish they can all see this aspect of Islam and realise they are very wrong.
Na lie u talk. The crusade was to take back D holy land, thats Isreal which the muslim have bloodly taken and D very site on Solomon's temple is their Mosque till date. Thats why if Isreal is claming their land, it is somehow right because or those moslems came to settle there sometime too. It was D Mongols that God really use to inflict heavy loss on D muslims. They swept like lightning with little or no defeat. It was internal defeat that fell D mongols or chinese. In those places D mongols conquered, christians quickly made peace with D mongols and build churchs or they stayed in a part of such land and never look for trouble frm D mongols. But as it was as its now(of which u ppl of other religions in fear have effortless tried to cover their tracks of which they are nt obliged to u or will they compensate u tomorrow when they meet ur chickned souls) in those days and nw D muslims wanted their own, D whole place and dust 4 allah and tolerated nobdy and so cönfronted D mongols who were ready to booth their ass at any time. It was only D turks that mongols did nt much penetrate. Christian crusade was nt even for a christian country but 4 almost annihilated Isreal and destruction of D holy temple, where D foundation of christianity came from. And worst of it till date is D clinging of an infringing Mosque to that site of D holy temple. I taught Isreal would have melt it. Or ist still christian crusade that is killing them or doing crusade in D north? In CAR, where they overthrew D govt and wants kill D christains, or in Iraq, mali or in Afghanistan. Mention it, no trouble in D world without Islam.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by diablos: 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
[quote author=tunshe]

2. The crusade is a football match and not what you stated below.

[quote]

football match indeed. never be in a haste to reply comments witout getting ur facts right. please consult google. smh
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by JustGuy(m): 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
deols: what is your source.

I don't doubt that a letter like this could have been from a Muslim ruler though. Protection given to non-Muslims is well documented in Islamic history.

It is one of the reasons Islam should not be judged by the actions of a few ignorant ones claiming to carry out shameful acts in the name of Islam.

The wordings of the letter scream 'translated from arabic'

U speak very well! But do u want to tell us d conditions for jihad?
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by SOUTHSOUTH1: 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
leggo:
dont blame them any american ally is automatically 'christian' to them.they are not enlightened.
Don't forget that Saudi Arabia is one of American allies..
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by JustGuy(m): 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
kulgee001:

Funny for a "peaceful" you to think about fighting.

That's not wht he's saying here!
Why is it that Christians cannot say anytin abt Islam; whr as they do n say wht ever they want?
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by JustGuy(m): 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
AKUNWATA1: IF I TALK NOW YOU GO BAN ME. MAKE I KUKU KEEP QUIET DEY SMH FOR YOU
Ppl have to tlk guy; u can't forever remain silent!
The tin is dat we are so Christianed dat we don't tink of retaliations (cause we 4gv!)
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
All these attempts to launder Islam on the pages of nairaland by these feel good threads will do us no good
We are no fools
Just turn on the evening news or flick pages of the news paper and see the reality
I was born at night,not last night

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by JustGuy(m): 10:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
ignis: Why are people acting as if it's a strange thing for muslims to live in peace with the christians without killing them?
Don't you all know that Islam is a religion of peace? Or are you guys too dumb to see the peace experienced in islam dominated countries like Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Libya , Mali e.t.c (just to mention a few)
indeed, am proud to be a muslim.

U mean 'peace' like the 'shark n mackerel' story; whr 'peace' exits wen the shark swallows the mackerel right?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by free2ryhme: 10:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
deols:

There are many of this kind of letter. I will search and if I find them, post them here. It is inherently a part of Islam to protect people of other faith found in Islamic territory.

I believe what we see now in the form of intolerance from some Muslims stem from the crusade(killings by the christians.).

Muslims who would not see beyond vengeance decided to take up arms against those whom they see to have wronged them. This certain belief grew into the different terror organisations that exist now. I just wish they can all see this aspect of Islam and realise they are very wrong.

If I type my own opinion dem fit go tell seun to ban me till 2099. Make I jus stay my own
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
JustGuy:

Very good! I don't knw for now; bt as of old, Islam doesn't permit research into any of their affairs. Little wonder they are saying all these!

Thank God for the Internet
The writings of the Koran and hadiths with the life and story of Mohammed is all within a google reach
Nothing to hide anymore
Don't take their flowery words for it
Read it for yourself

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
diablos: frm wat i've learnt d crusades was a war to save jerusalem after d muslims conquered it, due to d fact dat Jerusalem an israeli province, is historical to xtianity. so hw does dat relate to d killing of innocent pple not necessarily xtians in schools, homes or while executing legitimate businesses?

You need to read more. Jerusalem never belonged to the Christians or Muslims, it was originally a Jewish settlement the history is only significant to Christians because Jesus lived there.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
[quote author=5thNOTE] ur iliteracy stinks to my phone screen. Read about D influx of Islam to D north. In D time of slave trade, there were some africans who were converted and died as a christian, do u call those insignificant figures as long christian practice in west africa? Islam was brought by traders and travellers dose that tell u their impact should be poor? A trickle of Islam influx never turned anybdy, it was D usman that brought D Hausa to aggressive, huge restriction and other bondage and other good part in Islam to D Hausas, that they tried to exterminate him, that he came back with D Sturborn fulanis to overthrow Hausas till date Sucmbag. All D same the point is that u ppl are up to Deciet and violence to no good and even to urselves. [/quo

Look who is calling someone illiterate, yours is worse. A library will do to reduce your ignorance. There is absolute no reliable source for what you have just written, just distortion of facts. Usman Dan Fodio's brother not him initiated Jihad in Northern Nigeria as we were informed. He was just the figurehead
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by Infoman51: 11:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
Baby mama:

The writings of the Koran and hadiths with the life and story of Mohammed is all within a google reach
Nothing to hide anymore
Read it for yourself
so you now feel more knowledgeable about islam because u av read a lot of rubish against islam from anti-islamic sites, these anti-islamic sites twisted d words of Quran n headith to defame islam. If u want to know the truth of islam u need to visit legitimate islamic sites. You arent d only one dat is expert in using google to obtain contents against islam, i can as well use d same goggle to fetch out bloody history of christianity starting from several cruelty verses of d old testament in d bible.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
Baby mama:

Nothing to hide anymore
Read it for yourself

Thank God for the internet? I can as well pull out many sources that depict Christianity as one the most violent religion on earth. Internet is created by us so anyone can dump his/her ideologies that could either have or lack authenticity. Ask any information scientist.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by JustGuy(m): 11:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
These guys are just so full of deceit! How is the Koran distorted; by whom? Give us the real one, and prove urself!
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by Infoman51: 11:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
JustGuy: These guys are just so full of deceit! How is the Koran distorted; by whom? Give us the real one, and prove urself!
Quran is one worldwide there isnt distorted Quran unlike bible that has many versions. When i said words of Quran been twisted i mean mis-interpretation of message of Quran.
Re: An Open Letter To All Muslims by niceeric(m): 12:02am On Dec 12, 2013
deols:

hmm....truth WELL twisted....so ma'am can u give us historical back up of the so called crusades?I'll love to learn....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance? / The Islamic Etiquette On How To Use The Toilet / Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.