Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

All your Inverter problems - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / All your Inverter problems (144876 Views)

Inverter[cost And Usage] Make Your Inverter Batteries Last For 10hours At A Go / Xmas Bonanza: Get Your Inverter Today & Say Bye Bye To Unstable Power Supply. / Buy Your Inverter Now For 50,000. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All your Inverter problems by Liveair: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
ceejay80s:

Hi, I have a fullriver HGL40-12 battery which I bought brand new 2 months ago, after charging to full capacity and I connect it to my lcd TV via ups it dosent even last upto 20seconds , I took the battery to a battery charger and he said the battery is fine and there nothing wrong with it and he charged it again and same thing keeps happening, but I have a 12v 18ah battery which powers my lcd for atleast 5hrs , pls what's the problem o!!!

Hi, from your explanation, its clear that the Fullriver battery is Defective. It clearly doesn't store charge.
Unfortunately, you will need a new battery.
Did you charge it fully before first use? Did you use a properly rated charger for charging it. These can cause premature failure.
Re: All your Inverter problems by ceejay80s(m): 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
Liveair:

Hi, from your explanation, its clear that the Fullriver battery is Defective. It clearly doesn't store charge.
Did you charge it fully before first use? Did you use a properly rated charger for charging it. These can cause premature failure.
I use a local made charger to charge, if I buy a new good charger will it be ok ? How can I repair it, please advice,
The battery charger I gave it to yesterday say the battery is ok, I am confused, please
thanks
Re: All your Inverter problems by shithapuns: 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
At ceejay80..its likely ur batt is bad...
A crude way of confirming it it to short circuit it briefly. .get 1mm càble..tighten 1 end to the positive terminal. .then use the other end to briefly touch the negative end..it shud spark massively...do this like 4 times

At intervals of 2mins...if the battery is good..it will spark crazily the 4 times...if nad...it will spark once or not at all.
Stop using any local charger....use ur inverter to charge the batt or buy a smart charger with 3 or 4 state charging
Re: All your Inverter problems by chris81964(m): 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
ceejay80s:

Hi, I have a fullriver HGL40-12 battery which I bought brand new 2 months ago, after charging to full capacity and I connect it to my lcd TV via ups it dosent even last upto 20seconds , I took the battery to a battery charger and he said the battery is fine and there nothing wrong with it and he charged it again and same thing keeps happening, but I have a 12v 18ah battery which powers my lcd for atleast 5hrs , pls what's the problem o!!!
What is full capacity? A battery charger is not the person to take a deep cycle battery to. Take us through your charge regimen. There are three stages that the battery has to go through. Bulk absorb and float.

Re: All your Inverter problems by ceejay80s(m): 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
chris81964:

What is full capacity? A battery charger is not the person to take a deep cycle battery to. Take us through your charge regimen. There are three stages that the battery has to go through. Bulk absorb and float.
Thank u so much, So u are saying I should get a good battery charger for the battery? After charging I shot circuit the 40amp battery with a flexible wire and it sparks very well, so u mean my own local made charger won't go through those three stages of charging? That means I need to get a brand new original quality charger for it. The battery still looks ok to me its just that it dosen't take charge, probably because of those local made charger, i'm right? Pls reply my guy I will really appreciate it, thanks
Re: All your Inverter problems by ceejay80s(m): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
shithapuns:
At ceejay80..its likely ur batt is bad...
A crude way of confirming it it to short circuit it briefly. .get 1mm càble..tighten 1 end to the positive terminal. .then use the other end to briefly touch the negative end..it shud spark massively...do this like 4 times

At intervals of 2mins...if the battery is good..it will spark crazily the 4 times...if nad...it will spark once or not at all.
Stop using any local charger....use ur inverter to charge the batt or buy a smart charger with 3 or 4 state charging
God bless u my brother, I have short circuted it 4 times like u said and the spark is massive, does that mean if I get a smart charger today to charge today, do I still have hope, because its like it dosent take charge from the local made charger , pls reply my brother
Make una no vex for my series of questions, its just that I bought the Battery brand new june, 7, 2015 and its not upto a month
Re: All your Inverter problems by Liveair: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
ceejay80s:

I use a local made charger to charge, if I buy a new good charger will it be ok ? How can I repair it, please advice,
The battery charger I gave it to yesterday say the battery is ok, I am confused, please
thanks

Ok, here is the thing. Most locally made chargers are not ideal for Battery charging.
Those guys don't really know much technically about batteries.He may have simply checked the voltage and seen over 12v, without doing a load test on the battery.

Unfortunately, you may need new battery.
However, try charging it with an Inverter System to ascertain if it recovers. Hope this helps.
Re: All your Inverter problems by ceejay80s(m): 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
Liveair:

Ok, here is the thing. Most locally made chargers are not ideal for Battery charging.
Those guys don't really know much technically about batteries.He may have simply checked the voltage and seen over 12v, without doing a load test on the battery.

Unfortunately, you may need new battery.
I don enter am, where I go see money buy another battery?

1 Like

Re: All your Inverter problems by Liveair: 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
ceejay80s:

I don enter am, where I go see money buy another battery?

Try and charge it with an Inverter System for some hours to see if it recovers. It can recover if not fully damaged.
Re: All your Inverter problems by ceejay80s(m): 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
Liveair:

Try and charge it with an Inverter System for some hours to see if it recovers. It can recover if not fully damaged.
I don't have an inverter system,but I have 650Va bluegate UPS, but I bought a brand new 20amp three phase smart battery charger this evening, like shithapuns said to short circuit 4 times every 2 mins interval, I did it and the spart we commot for the battery wan burn my house, I believe its still ok, I still dey wait for nepa, since fuel scarce na so nepa light too scarce now.
Re: All your Inverter problems by ceejay80s(m): 6:44am On Jul 05, 2015
Liveair:

I think my battery is back and good , I searched through the internet for solution and found one....
I connected my locally made charger to my 5000watts stabilizer and connected the black wire of the charger to the positive of the battery and connected the red wire of the charger to the negative of the battery.
Note: I did it in a flash mode , it sparked and I removed it immediately, and then charged it with my new 4ways smart charger that I bought on friday, then I removed the battery from the charger and connected it to my ups and switched on my 32inch lcd TV, it lasted for more than an hour on my lcd TV (I didn't completely drain the battery) and I then removed the battery and connected it back to my smart charger, now it takes charge and I am happy,
Thanks guys , I appreciate !!!!!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All your Inverter problems by chris81964(m): 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2015
ceejay80s:

Thank u so much, So u are saying I should get a good battery charger for the battery? After charging I shot circuit the 40amp battery with a flexible wire and it sparks very well, so u mean my own local made charger won't go through those three stages of charging? That means I need to get a brand new original quality charger for it. The battery still looks ok to me its just that it dosn't take charge, probably because of those local made charger, i'm right? Pls reply my guy I will really appreciate it, thanks

Apologies for the late reply. I have never intentionally short circuited a battery before. The manufacturers frown on it for a variety of reasons. I have accidentally shorted batteries that had 10.5 V in them and it sparked. So I am not too sure what shorting means or does. I have no clue what your locally made charger does so I can't give a qualified opinion. A visual inspection can't give you clues as to the state of your batteries. People have recovered batteries by keeping them on a charger for weeks at a time. Others have charged introduced a huge load to discharge and then repeated the process for weeks to get the battery back. I am not expert in bringing batteries back
You can never go wrong with a good quality charger. We lost a few batteries earlier on and made the decision to invest in quality. Cost you less in the long run.
Re: All your Inverter problems by kiekie1(m): 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

USA TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 40k each (just 4pcs remaining)

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "ALMOST OUT OF STOCK". @ 75k each

USA Trojan IND17-6V Industrial Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6v (1202Ah) 100hr rate... @ 280k

USA OUTBACK mppt charge controller (FM 80)

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is just #95k compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)

MUST POWER / POWERSTAR LIGHT 2kw 12v, 3kw 24v, 6kw 24v, pure sinewave LCD power inverter " Inbuilt 35/70a Peak Charging Current" .... (In Stock)

Bluegate pure sinewave inverters (1kva 12v & 2kva 24v) .... In Stock

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!
Re: All your Inverter problems by Flav(m): 7:46am On Sep 06, 2015
Please house I need assistance. I use blue gate inverter. It's been working well. This morning I tried to put it on and getting fault mode short circuit. Please what could be the problem and how can I resolve it. I used it last yesterday and it was still charging till phcn took light this morning. Will be grateful for any help
Re: All your Inverter problems by adeyballer(m): 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
"short circuit" simply means there something wrong with the wireing either in the building or connection of the inverter.
Since its been working before now, did any electrician work in your house or compound? Is there any Stabilizer connected to the inverter? (UPS and STABS dont flow with inverter)
The implication is the Inverter will stop charging to protect the device hence the risk of having your batteries in danger.
The system will cease to work until this wiring is corrected. Please, this is not a confirmation that your inverter/battery is bad.

Talk to us at Sipeasy Enterprises (BB Channel Pin - C003EFD6B)

Flav:
Please house I need assistance. I use blue gate inverter. It's been working well. This morning I tried to put it on and getting fault mode short circuit. Please what could be the problem and how can I resolve it. I used it last yesterday and it was still charging till phcn took light this morning. Will be grateful for any help

Re: All your Inverter problems by spinola: 5:59am On Nov 05, 2015
Promo! Promo! Promo!

Re: All your Inverter problems by chris81964(m): 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
Will you pay N630k for an 800VA Victron, inverter, two 200 AH Hoppecke 6 V batteries, Four 100 Watt panel, one 30 amp charge controller, a roof rack and an installation kit?

Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multiplus-12v-24v-48v-800va-3kva

Re: All your Inverter problems by Cachez(m): 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
Z
Cachez:
If you are living in Abuja and environs and Interested in a fairly used 12v 150Ah batteries. The batteries have been tested and are certified okay . Thanks
Re: All your Inverter problems by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
Hello Sir, I have decided to buy a 1.2KVA Inverter and I would like 2 batteries to go with it. I just need clarification on these issues:

1.) What is the difference between 12V 100AH Battery and 12V 200AH Battery?
2.) How long does it take two 12V 100AH Batteries to reach full charge using 1.2KVA Inverter (electricity supplied by a 2.5kva Generator)?
3.) How long does it take two12V 200AH Batteries to reach full charge using 1.2KVA Inverter (electricity supplied by a 2.5kva Generator)?
4.) How many hours would 2 fully charged 12V 100AH Batteries power 3 ceiling fans?
5.) How many hours would 2 fully charged 12V 200AH Batteries power 3 ceiling fans?

Thanks.

sunnym:
Ask me any question about your inverter and I will try to answer as soon as possible. Or you can send me email on sunnylawson2@yahoo.com.
Re: All your Inverter problems by kiekie1(m): 11:11am On Nov 28, 2015
Yeah.... Discount prices on all solar shop products.

21% discount on all PRAG products ..

Bluegate 3.5kva 24v pure sinewave LCD display inverter @ 100k

Must power "voltron" 2kw 24v pure sinewave LCD display inverter @ 75k

Mercury tubular/flooded12v 220a batteries "18 months warranty" @ 50k

Mercury deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 50k
A&E 10kva servo wall mount stab "80-270 AC input range"

Infinitum battery life saver desulphators @ 20k

Programmable Timer switches with lcd display @ 4k

10mm² black armoured solar panel-charge controller cables with earth/grounding flex "silver copper based & heat resistant " ... @ 500 per yard

Discount prices on all JOY solar panels..

CSUN panels arriving soon.....

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "+2348135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!
Re: All your Inverter problems by bisiriyuahmed6: 12:30am On Dec 21, 2015
quick answers is needed :
Any good place in agege Lagos, where i can purchase reliable inverters batteries with warrant or guaranty? which product to go for and maker
Re: All your Inverter problems by Kellygold(f): 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
bisiriyuahmed6:
quick answers is needed :

Any good place in agege Lagos, where i can
purchase reliable inverters batteries with warrant or guaranty?
which product to go for and maker

You can contact Mr. Austin, the principle partner of Austin Technologies Inverter and Battery
info@inverterandbattery.com

You will be given mind blowing best price.
Re: All your Inverter problems by chris81964(m): 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to my nairaland brothers and sisters

Re: All your Inverter problems by bisiriyuahmed6: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2016
I will be happy if U help me out

anybody with full address of BUYRIGHT BIZ should help me out?

am living in Agege Lagos

so I will be able to locate the place easily

I wanted to no if I can get this size of inverter battery (120ah, 150ah, 180ah) from buyrightbiz?

Product to go for?
Re: All your Inverter problems by bobojoshua(m): 11:16am On Jan 03, 2016
elvisimeh:
Connect a 5kva stabilizer to the inverter, the inverter needs steady voltage to charge the batteries (don't mind that your voltage might look high). I had the same problem, the stabilizer worked wonders. I can't really tell you how to connect it cos I got a technician to do it, you might need one too.
Re: All your Inverter problems by bobojoshua(m): 11:24am On Jan 03, 2016
chris81964:

Apologies for the late reply. I have never intentionally short circuited a battery before. The manufacturers frown on it for a variety of reasons. I have accidentally shorted batteries that had 10.5 V in them and it sparked. So I am not too sure what shorting means or does. I have no clue what your locally made charger does so I can't give a qualified opinion. A visual inspection can't give you clues as to the state of your batteries. People have recovered batteries by keeping them on a charger for weeks at a time. Others have charged introduced a huge load to discharge and then repeated the process for weeks to get the battery back. I am not expert in bringing batteries back
You can never go wrong with a good quality charger. We lost a few batteries earlier on and made the decision to invest in quality. Cost you less in the long run.
Re: All your Inverter problems by bobojoshua(m): 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
PrinceNwokeji:
Is has been wonderful following this trend, a so happy as the guy answers all the questions well, i wanna add to his advices, cos am a professional solar/satellite installer too, pls be careful the inverter u buy, it has many types,we have full wave, half wave and so on, so in other not to spend to much and to have correct effeciency, buy sineocidawave inverter, or convert ur ups into been inverter while you buy sperate 30amps charger for your battery/s. Thanks. For help feel free to call 08038743079. Pls let help in bring this kind of trend to front page pls. I love u all.
Re: All your Inverter problems by chris81964(m): 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
What does having a 15 amp charger in my inverter mean to me? Watch the video for the answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIhLojzzqRk
Re: All your Inverter problems by bisiriyuahmed6: 3:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
Is it good to connect [ 3 ]100ah Battery together with 24V inverter? Is it series or parallel?
Re: All your Inverter problems by kiekie1(m): 6:37am On Jan 24, 2016
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

TROJAN IND 17-6V industrial line flooded lead acid batteries (1202AH) ......@ 340k

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate *NOW IN STOCK*..... @ 87k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@75k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

YACHI SOLAR PANELS:

130w mono........ 30000
200w mono........ 45000
250w mono........ 55000
300w mono........ 62000

PERLIGHT SOLAR MODULES

POLY SOLAR PANEL:
80W N14000. 100W N16000. 120W N20000. 200W N40000. 240W N45000. 300W N50000

MONO SOLAR PANEL:
80W N12000. 100W N15000. 110W N15500. 120W N18000. 130W 20000.180W N28000. "OUT OF STOCK"

Latest model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @55k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...
1kw 12v =60k
1.5kw 12v =70k
2kw 12v =85k
2kw 24v =85k
3kw"4kva" 24v =140k
4kw 24v/48v =160k
5kw 24v/48v =180k
6kw"7.5kva"24/48v=220k
8kw 192v. =350k
10kw 96v. =380k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @5k

Infinitum battery desulphators 12v & 24v "NOW IN STOCK"

New Epsolar Tracer A series available.30a 12-24v auto select. . Max pv input voltage 100v. It has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@50k

Mercury tubular/flooded12v 220a batteries "18 months warranty" @ 55k

Mercury deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 55k

GP Malaysian deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 60k

10mm² black armoured solar panel-charge controller cables with earth/grounding flex "silver copper based & heat resistant " ... @ N1000 per yard

CSUN panels arriving soon.....

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!
Re: All your Inverter problems by bisiriyuahmed6: 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
I have fairly use inverter battery and New battery

I want to no maybe, I can connected the two battery together. in series ?
Re: All your Inverter problems by zeestone99(m): 11:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
bisiriyuahmed6:
I have fairly use inverter battery and New battery

I want to no maybe, I can connected the two
battery together. in series ?

No you can't mix new and old ba3 2geda.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) / Simple Way To Download Youtube Videos Without Any Software (Androids, PC, BB,..) / Www.whatsapp.com-download Free Whatsapp Messenger For Iphone,blackbery & Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.