Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:58 AM

Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? (2587 Views)

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / The Rape Issue - Showunmi Rex / Super Eagles Player Sentenced To 13 Yrs In Jail Over Rape Issue (2) (3) (4)

Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by fasttrack(m): 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2008
iice:

Sir, tell that to the guys ooo. I have no idea why all sorts of scenarios be going on in the head.
Sort of focusing on the what ifs, what should be, and whys. .instead of focusing on the person it happened to - mental and emotional state,

Rape is physcological, both on the guy and the chics path.
its like telling your boy friend that you had sex with some1 else. How do u expect him to feel. as in wat where d.oin there at that time. somany things running through the mind.
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by onyinye2(f): 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2008
I don't think i would tell my man i was raped until i feel like i can fully trust him with such a burden of news. i mean it is a very sensitive topic and i don't know but it just would take a long time for me to get it out.
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by HCH3COO: 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2008
Don't you think you at least owe it to him to let him know something that important before he at least starts poking you?
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2008
There are some things I'd rather keep to myself.

Would I tell him, at some point when I think I owe it to him.
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2008
@topic
i wont tell my 'boyfriend', that's what i meant when i said i won't tell my man, sorry i did not make that clearer, i would tell my husband though
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by iice(f): 7:21pm On Jul 27, 2008
fasttrack:

Rape is physcological, both on the guy and the chics path.
its like telling your boy friend that you had sex with someone else. How do u expect him to feel. as in what where d.oin there at that time. somany things running through the mind.

Exactly. So by the guy totally zoning out - what does that do to the woman?
Sorry, don't really know what you mean. It's just on this site that i saw guys being bothered by such things as 'my girlfriend had sex before' blah blah. So yeah, a person like me, can only be with someone like me
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by onyinye2(f): 7:21pm On Jul 27, 2008
HCH3COO:

Don't you think you at least owe it to him to let him know something that important before he at least starts poking you?
This kind of issue isnt something you bring up on the first date. I mean you are eating and he is all like "tell me about yourself." and i would say "Well my name is Onyinye. im a med student. i was raped. im an athlete." you see it just doesnt work.
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2008
onyinye2:

This kind of issue isnt something you bring up on the first date. I mean you are eating and he is all like "tell me about yourself." and i would say "Well my name is Onyinye. im a med student. i was raped. im an athlete." you see it just doesnt work.
roflmao cheesy

@HCH3COO
boyfriend poke ke!? don't you know sex should not occur before marriage angry shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by fasttrack(m): 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2008
iice:

Exactly. So by the guy totally zoning out - what does that do to the woman?
Sorry, don't really know what you mean. It's just on this site that i saw guys being bothered by such things as 'my girlfriend had sex before' blah blah. So yeah, a person like me, can only be with someone like me

Having sex before the relationship is no issue now. but being raped by a guy during the relatioship would be a serious one. your man would only think of how the rapist f****d the living day light out of u. As a guy, wen you have sex with a random girl, you f**k her like that moment is the last the world would ever witness, so u can imagine how a rapist would f**k your chic.
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2008
huh?
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by onyinye2(f): 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2008
same here ruby undecided
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by agaba123(m): 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2008
sorry fasttrack
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by HCH3COO: 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2008
If you're in a serious relationship then what does it cost you to tell him something traumatic has happened to you. If the guy is truly in love with you he wouldn't see you as less of a woman. It takes a lot of gut to cope with rape but both of you can work on it together. Don't you think he'll notice the changes in your mood? You could begin having nightmares, etc.

onyinye2:

Ewu! Who said tell him all that on your first date? Somewhere down the line you will communicate it to him. For my girl, I deserve to know, period.
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by HCH3COO: 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2008
ibkaye:

roflmao cheesy

@HCH3COO
boyfriend poke ke!? don't you know sex should not occur before marriage angry shocked shocked shocked
Say what? grin I'm a virgin so mind yourself.
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2008
HCH3COO:

Say what? grin I'm a virgin so mind yourself.
seriously? smiley
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by onyinye2(f): 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2008
HCH3COO:

Say what?  grin I'm a virgin so mind yourself.
Truly questionable.
HCH3COO:

If you're in a serious relationship then what does it cost you to tell him something traumatic has happened to you.  If the guy is truly in love with you he wouldn't see you as less of a woman.  It takes a lot of gut to cope with rape but both of you can work on it together.  Don't you think he'll notice the changes in your mood?  You could begin having nightmares, etc.
Ewu! Who said tell him all that on your first date?  Somewhere down the line you will communicate it to him. For my girl, I deserve to know, period.
You don't necessarily deserve to be told. you should know but you deserve it. it is her decision if she tells anyone or not. personally i would actually think i would most likely not tell him. maybe after years into the relationship.
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by HCH3COO: 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2008
ibkaye:

seriously? smiley
God yes! NVA, Progress!
I wouldn't ever use the lord's name in vain. Please o, it's not lack of opportunity tongue
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2008
HCH3COO:

God yes! NVA, Progress!
I wouldn't ever use the lord's name in vain. Please o, it's not lack of opportunity tongue

oh wow, that's cool and for one reason or the other i actually believe you smiley
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2008
mehn! are ppl gullible!
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by HCH3COO: 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2008
onyinye2:

Truly questionable.You don't necessarily deserve to be told. you should know but you deserve it. it is her decision if she tells anyone or not. personally i would actually think i would most likely not tell him. maybe after years into the relationship.
Thanks for saying I deserve it.
I believe I do.  It varies from one individual to another, but in my relationships there are issues like this one here which are crucial to me.   It's important for me to know about trauma that might affect how I interact with my partner in my relationship, beforehand.
I know how difficult it is to reveal anything this serious.
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

mehn! are people gullible!
ahh, he's lying? shocked
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by HCH3COO: 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2008
ibkaye:

oh wow, that's cool and for one reason or the other i actually believe you smiley
Crazy as it may seem, I really find it virtuous.
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by HCH3COO: 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

mehn! are people gullible!
It's true Ruby! But you don't have to believe me. What does it matter. My value is not in virginity lipsrsealed
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by HCH3COO: 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2008
ibkaye:

ahh, he's lying? shocked
He's not angry
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2008
HCH3COO:

He's not angry
Ok Sorry smiley
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by agaba123(m): 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2008
acetic acid how old are you?
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2008
Ibk, make I slap the naiveness out of you. now now.

@HCH
of course
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by HCH3COO: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2008
agaba123:

acetic acid how old are you?
What does it matter.  I'm old enough to have sex.  Do i have to 

Ruby_Pearl:

@HCH
of course
She's not being naive when she's accepting the truth.
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2008
Ok. Apology accepted
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

@HCH
of course
lool ahhh, am confused  embarassed
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by agaba123(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2008
Acid never said so. Just asked you how old because an 18 year old who have not had sex should be commended but it is not very uncommon. If you are 25 and never did, then na de koko.

Well ppl dee do all sorts apart from penetration and they are still virgin ooo.

Abeg no vex lol
Re: Rape Issue. Would You Tell ? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2008

@ibk
no mind me. I just wanted to torture someone this noon

I Dress Like A Lady To Deceive Men, Says Arrested Teenager / Shameful Act: See What Alcohol Did To This Girls After Night Party (photo) / Shocking Revelation: Read What A Prostitute Said They Do To Attract Customer