Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones (30190 Views)

AAUA Finally Recruits New Lecturers To Replace Striking Ones / Mimiko Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers At AAUA / AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by udatso: 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
amacastel: May God bless the VC and increase his strength and knowledge we have a lot of pple with the certificate to be lectures that can be replced with the striking selfish lecturers pls other universities VC should emulate this man of honor and sack all these bad eggs
How old are you?
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by olamilopin05: 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
I can tell everybody in the house authoratively that AAUA HAVE not recruited anybody...... Reporting live from the house of the Dean faculty of LAW AAUA
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by theoctopus: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
udatso:
Okay, but I think you are missing the point here. . The thing is when you owe someone something you are supposed to pay. Don't start bringing all forms of excuses that it's been politicised or one is corrupt. I don't care whether fg or ASUU is corrupt. If ASUU is corrupt, they are answerable to FG and not the other way round. The bottom line is FG should pay what they owe so we can all go back to school. What's so hard in doing this? Someone already explained who to Blair for some lecturers' evil practices and not ASUU. I seriously pity any student who sides with fg on this strike palava.

What are you saying bro. FG should pay from where? Do you think money grows in ASO rock? FG should take the allocations of health and agric and roads to pay ASUU or what? Some of you students amaze me with your grasp of government and its workings or maybe you have just been too sensationalized by newspaper headlines to now think Nigeria has so much money kept under GEJ's bed. There is no where government is goind to get that kind of money to pay ASUU. Get that very very clearly

2 Likes

Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by texazzpete(m): 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
Olril18:

why are you always in support of ASUU sir??.the whole situation would have been better if this is their first time of striking..
look at this,they v striked a lot of times in d past(9 months,6 months,5 months,3 months,and currently six months),that s really sucidal,from d previous strikes,the infrastructure of our schools hasnt that improved,and our schools are still rated lowly in africa and d world..each time they strike,they always fought toe to toe with d fg....and now again,we are not sure they wont even strike in a year or two again...they are hindering the education sector while claiming they want to improve it...my point is ur support of ASUU would have been fair if they are striking for d first time.
i hope nxt year,when ASUU go on strike again,u will be here supporting them as this....

keeping students at home 4 six months,and still being proud of it is incredible...they deserved olympic medals..

No. The question is, why are YOU always in support of the FG, when they are the cause of every single strike that ASUU embarks on?

The FG CLEARLY doesn't care about you or the state of tertiary education in Nigeria. Why else do you think this strike lingered on for 5 months? Everything the FG is offering could have been offered in the first month of the strike. Instead the FG was more interested in letting the Minister of Education jet around, fighting internal PDP squabbles with Amaechi.

I support ASUU 100% because they are fighting for the future of the Nigerian Tertiary Educational system. Nobody else is willing to take up this cause, not you, not any of the Senators 'appealing' to ASUU, not a single one of the 'Men of God' we have in Nigeria (perhaps with the exception of the Catholic Church).

Apart from the earned allowances stuff they have already secured, the N200bn per annum investment the FG will make will not be collected by ASUU. This is why I personally believe anyone that claims ASUU is 'fighting for their selfish aims' is just a subhuman neanderthal with stunted intelligence.
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by texazzpete(m): 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
theoctopus:

What are you saying bro. FG should pay from where? Do you think money grows in ASO rock? FG should take the allocations of health and agric and roads to pay ASUU or what? Some of you students amaze me with your grasp of government and its workings or maybe you have just been too sensationalized by newspaper headlines to now think Nigeria has so much money kept under GEJ's bed. There is no where government is goind to get that kind of money to pay ASUU. Get that very very clearly

No. FG should take the money being dashed to fuel subsidy crooks, ex-Niger Delta millitants and paid propagandists like yourself andn plough it into our tertiary Educational system.

Good job trying for sympathy by mentioning Agric and Health. Both sectors that remain criminally underfunded while the FG wastes billions on chaff.

2 Likes

Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by theoctopus: 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
texazzpete:

No. FG should take the money being dashed to fuel subsidy crooks, ex-Niger Delta millitants and paid propagandists like yourself andn plough it into our tertiary Educational system.

Good job trying for sympathy by mentioning Agric and Health. Both sectors that remain criminally underfunded while the FG wastes billions on chaff.

You are talking trash as usual. Where you not among the people that fought on the side of the subsidy crooks? If subsidy had been removed, will we still be talking about it now? You people are responsible for taking us backwards and still come around to complain about what you caused. You are not serious!

2 Likes

Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by boladez(m): 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
Olril18:

why are you always in support of ASUU sir??.the whole situation would have been better if this is their first time of striking..
look at this,they v striked a lot of times in d past(9 months,6 months,5 months,3 months,and currently six months),that s really sucidal,from d previous strikes,the infrastructure of our schools hasnt that improved,and our schools are still rated lowly in africa and d world..each time they strike,they always fought toe to toe with d fg....and now again,we are not sure they wont even strike in a year or two again...they are hindering the education sector while claiming they want to improve it...my point is ur support of ASUU would have been fair if they are striking for d first time.
i hope nxt year,when ASUU go on strike again,u will be here supporting them as this....

keeping students at home 4 six months,and still being proud of it is incredible...they deserved olympic medals..

I really do think the clueless and half wits administering the educational system and the confused FGN should take the blame for the mess. If FGN signs an agreement with a party and turns around to say the people who negotiated and signed on its behalf were not competent and informed to do so. ASUU is made of intellectuals not like the dunces we have in power.

1 Like

Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by boladez(m): 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
theoctopus:

You are talking trash as usual. Where you not among the people that fought on the side of the subsidy crooks? If subsidy had been removed, will we still be talking about it now? You people are responsible for taking us backwards and still come around to complain about what you caused. You are not serious!

A problem is solved by tackling it not running away from it! Where are all the promises made by this government when the price of fuel was increased two years ago? are they not still running BIG governments junketing all over the world without results and getting high on booze and hot drinks in foreign lands?

Government of Nigeria has all the instruments of power and authority , they should use these to stop the stealing and not make the Populace suffer more.

...my thoughts
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by theoctopus: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2013
boladez:

A problem is solved by tackling it not running away from it! Where are all the promises made by this government when the price of fuel was increased two years ago? are they not still running BIG governments junketing all over the world without results and getting high on booze and hot drinks in foreign lands?

Government of Nigeria has all the instruments of power and authority , they should use these to stop the stealing and not make the Populace suffer more.

...my thoughts

You just quoted the trash and propaganda from SR. Nice one!

And for the records, it is the savings from the subsidy that is running sure-p and has gone into projects like the rails (now working), Benin-Ore road, (now fixed), East west road, Lokoja-Abuja road, Lagos Ibadan, Ibadan-Ilorin, Onitsha-Owerri, PH-Owerri, Oshodi Apapa, all either fixed or is currently being fixed. Over 10 news power plants being constructed including a dam. The second Nigeri bridge, under construction. Just to mention a few. You should always follow information instead of posting ignorantly

2 Likes

Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by Olril18(m): 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
texazzpete:

No. The question is, why are YOU always in support of the FG, when they are the cause of every single strike that ASUU embarks on?

The FG CLEARLY doesn't care about you or the state of tertiary education in Nigeria. Why else do you think this strike lingered on for 5 months? Everything the FG is offering could have been offered in the first month of the strike. Instead the FG was more interested in letting the Minister of Education jet around, fighting internal PDP squabbles with Amaechi.

I support ASUU 100% because they are fighting for the future of the Nigerian Tertiary Educational system. Nobody else is willing to take up this cause, not you, not any of the Senators 'appealing' to ASUU, not a single one of the 'Men of God' we have in Nigeria (perhaps with the exception of the Catholic Church).

Apart from the earned allowances stuff they have already secured, the N200bn per annum investment the FG will make will not be collected by ASUU. This is why I personally believe anyone that claims ASUU is 'fighting for their selfish aims' is just a subhuman neanderthal with stunted intelligence.
ive never been in support of fg......ASUU and fg are both national disaster..ur support for ASUU is totally wrong when they also have their own selfish demands....its up to u,if u belive keeping students at home for six incredible months is the right approach to to acheive their aim..
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by Olril18(m): 9:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
boladez:

I really do think the clueless and half wits administering the educational system and the confused FGN should take the blame for the mess. If FGN signs an agreement with a party and turns around to say the people who negotiated and signed on its behalf were not competent and informed to do so. ASUU is made of intellectuals not like the dunces we have in power.
lets be truthful sir,paralysing the education sector for six months,sending students away is not justificable at all...
why cant they call off the strike while negotiating with fg,but let nigerians be aware that say after a month and fg fails to implement anything in their agreements,they will be ready to go on strike again,that would have made sense,and pressure wil have been on fg.
but striking for six months its bloody incredible...its d biggest apex of irresponsibility and not justificable at all..
why hinder the life of those u claim u are fighting for??

2 Likes

Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by Sajio(m): 10:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
take dat: This post does not make any sense!

This current ASUU strike isn't about 'Salary Increase'.

Our universities did not just start getting bad, I concur but should we then continue with the bad system or should we look for ways to put a stop to it? Which is why ASUU's demand for revitalization of the universities is important.

There is no association, group or organization where you will not find bad eggs mixed with the good ones. So there is no denying the fact that there are bad lecturers but the buck doesn't rest with ASUU. ASUU is only a trade union, it has no power to hire or fire lecturers. It is the university management that can hire lecturers, they can also query, discipline and fire bad lecturers. The ASUU chairman cannot punish licentous lecturers only a university management can do so, and who appoints the University heads/administrators(VC's, Pro-Chancellor and Governing Councils)? It is the 'GOVERNMENT'(the President for federal universities and state Governors for State universities). The rot starts and ends with Government(either Federal or State) depending on the institution!

Nigerian lecturers cannot compete 'Academically or Intellectually' with Ghanaian lecturers? Well, it is your opinion. Do you know what it takes to be employed as a mere graduate assistant in a Federal University? It means such a person would have graduated with a First Class and minimum of a 2.1. Do you know what it takes to bag a First Class in a Federal University? Lots of hardwork, perseverance and exceptional brilliance. These Nigerian lecturers you claim are not competitive or up to date Academically/intellectually, are the same ones many of our political leaders who starve our universities of adequate funds but loot our treasury to establish private universities where students pay good money 'hire'. And many of them who leave the shores of Nigeria gets hired by foreign universities. Are those foreign and private universities hiring lecturers who are not intellectually sound? Why are we always quick to condemn these academics, yet many of those who condemn the lecturers are themselves not intellectually sound?

If the Government fulfills its promise of annually funding the universities for 4 years to the tune of N1.2trillion, and the universities management make judicious use of what they are provided and build more hostels, lecture theaters/halls, equip the labs and improve on the infrastructural deficits, it is then you will see the 'Gains of this strike'. If ASUU did not embark on strike action, the Government wasn't prepared to inject more funds into our university system because almost all the top officials don't have children in public universities.
you'v spoken well..... But what Nigeria Education needs now is QUALity Education and not infrastructures! These lecturers has actually messed 9ja education Up.. In their days.... Dey had quality eduction n not infrastructures because the teachers then so concerned about the student and not the pay!

1 Like

Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by udatso: 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
Olril18:

Okay my dear it's seems you don't know the history of ASUU strike. Let me put it in a simple way you to you. ASUU wants 2 million Naira for whatever they want it for, fg agrees and says they will pay, ASUU waited for 1 year but the agreement wasn't signed, so ASUU gives a 1 week warning strike for the agreement to be signed but it wasn't signed so ASUU embark on some months strike until fg signs the agreement. Now the agreement is met . OK time for the implementation has passed and ASUU starts another warning strike and after warning and fg fail to respond, then another weeks, or months strike. FG finally respond and tells ASUU to be patient and they pay 1 million, and begs ASUU to please resume school that they will pay the balance and that's how it continues........... Unfulfilled promises lead to this series of strikes. If fg can just keep to its word we won't witness all these. So stop blaming ASUU, the only language FG understands is STRIKE.

1 Like

Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by ShineIt: 11:08pm On Dec 08, 2013
theoctopus:

Do you know that the ASUU chairman's children attend universities in Ghana? You guys are always quick to say the government is corrupt and therefore anyone who opposes government is right. That in itself is a greater evil that we must run away from. You cannot use a "government is corrupt" blanket on all government actions and policies. It is very wrong. Every action or policy must be judged on its own merit and in this case, the government is right to demand a review of ASUU's demand. To suggest that ASUU should be given whatever they demand because legislators are "chopping money" is as ridiculous as anything else. ASUU is not the only problem of Nigeria. You talk about government funding but forget that Education had the highest in the 2013 budget. This was a budget that was put in place last year when ASUU hadnt gone on strike. So to suggest the government is not interested in funding education is completely false. The question is how important is funding education in comparison to other sectors. If you ask me, while I agree totally that education is very fundamental in any modern society, I do think that in the immediate term, power, agriculture and healthcare are more important than education in Nigeria. I would even support a move that will give a quarter of our budget to power infrastructure and another quarter to agric and setup of new industries like mining, steel, etc. In the immediate term, we dont need many graduates or "quality graduates". In fact, for our kind of economy, emphasis should be placed on technical education, not university education. That is what is done in Asia.

ASUU are not fighting for Nigerians. They are fighting for their pockets. Nothing in their words, actions and body language suggests they are fighting for students or for Nigeria

A very well thought out piece...1milllion likes.
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by GboyegaD(m): 11:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
Tales of doom to the university. How would you pick new lecturers to replace experienced ones? I thought the VC was once a lecturer, he should know better. However, this is the result of putting incompetent hands in high places.
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by rhymz(m): 12:11am On Dec 09, 2013
take dat: This post does not make any sense!

This current ASUU strike isn't about 'Salary Increase'.

Our universities did not just start getting bad, I concur but should we then continue with the bad system or should we look for ways to put a stop to it? Which is why ASUU's demand for revitalization of the universities is important.

There is no association, group or organization where you will not find bad eggs mixed with the good ones. So there is no denying the fact that there are bad lecturers but the buck doesn't rest with ASUU. ASUU is only a trade union, it has no power to hire or fire lecturers. It is the university management that can hire lecturers, they can also query, discipline and fire bad lecturers. The ASUU chairman cannot punish licentous lecturers only a university management can do so, and who appoints the University heads/administrators(VC's, Pro-Chancellor and Governing Councils)? It is the 'GOVERNMENT'(the President for federal universities and state Governors for State universities). The rot starts and ends with Government(either Federal or State) depending on the institution!

Nigerian lecturers cannot compete 'Academically or Intellectually' with Ghanaian lecturers? Well, it is your opinion. Do you know what it takes to be employed as a mere graduate assistant in a Federal University? It means such a person would have graduated with a First Class and minimum of a 2.1. Do you know what it takes to bag a First Class in a Federal University? Lots of hardwork, perseverance and exceptional brilliance. These Nigerian lecturers you claim are not competitive or up to date Academically/intellectually, are the same ones many of our political leaders who starve our universities of adequate funds but loot our treasury to establish private universities where students pay good money 'hire'. And many of them who leave the shores of Nigeria gets hired by foreign universities. Are those foreign and private universities hiring lecturers who are not intellectually sound? Why are we always quick to condemn these academics, yet many of those who condemn the lecturers are themselves not intellectually sound?

If the Government fulfills its promise of annually funding the universities for 4 years to the tune of N1.2trillion, and the universities management make judicious use of what they are provided and build more hostels, lecture theaters/halls, equip the labs and improve on the infrastructural deficits, it is then you will see the 'Gains of this strike'. If ASUU did not embark on strike action, the Government wasn't prepared to inject more funds into our university system because almost all the top officials don't have children in public universities.
My friend you have got no idea of what you are yapping about. I can't believe that supposed a graduate thinks that ASUU is a trade union, for the records, it is not a trade union, do you even realize what a trade union is? if you find the concept of unionism so confusing, I wonder hoe you can understand the main issues between ASUU and the federal government.
To be honest, ASUU needs to be scrapped or its powers reduced reduced to individual university management, they are killing the tertiary education system in this country with their senseless and unproductive strikes and foolish political gimmicks.
only in Nigeria does a labour union as strong as ASUU exist in the education sector that does the kind of rubbish ASUU does, any responsible government will disband and dissolve ASUU fir their disruptive tendencies and unnecessary political arm twisting.
Abeg enough is enough.
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by akonucheinfo(m): 12:23am On Dec 09, 2013
my question is, has ASUU called off the strike? If at this time, they are yet to call off the strike, forgive me but i have to say this. they are COW!!! nonsense
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by rezy15(m): 2:17am On Dec 09, 2013
Sajio: you'v spoken well..... But what Nigeria Education needs now is QUALity Education and not infrastructures! These lecturers has actually messed 9ja education Up.. In their days.... Dey had quality eduction n not infrastructures because the teachers then so concerned about the student and not the pay!
hw can u achieve quality education without infrastructure like labs, libraries, research stations, lecture theatres nd adequate accommodation. Its nt abt abstract thinking anymore my brother. Y hasn't government eva negotiated during all those warning strikes bt decided to wait till dis moment? The fact is strike is d only option. Let's stop playing d typical nigerian nd blaming fg or ASUU. Has NANS ever held a national rally to protest incessant strikes nd poor schooling conditions ?
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by texazzpete(m): 7:01am On Dec 09, 2013
theoctopus:

Why would I support subsidy removal? Fuel subsidy is one of the only ways the FG gives back to the masses that suffer the brunt of their misrule. I take it as a shamefaced concession by this inept government that they cannot provide refined petroleum products at an affordable price to the masses despite our status as a major oil producing state.

GEJ came out to claim that fuel subsidy removal was necessary to checkmate the activities of fraudsters. What we asked for then was that the subsidy be kept in place and the corrupt individuals fished out and the rampant fraud nipped in the bud. Unfortunately, we all know how lax this administration is on corruption.

I think this topic has been derailed enough already.
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by mvem(m): 7:12am On Dec 09, 2013
MrRogers: Nuzo':
The biggest lie the trade union called ASUU had ever told to anyone who cared to listen was that they were fighting for the quality of education for students.

The same students they've turned to slaves in their respective schools. Sex slaves, labor slaves, financial slaves. Comply or fail!

Over 70% of the lecturers are openly involved in this business of forcing students to either sleep with them/sort their courses or fail....only to turn around and claim they are fighting for the students.

Government has also not helped matters cos if they had not neglected their responsibilities of properly funding the universities over the years, ASUU wouldn't have used the welfare of students as their defense for their real motive.

The first step to attaining quality education in our schools again is not infrastructure or whatever. It's by prosecuting all lecturers who are involved in sex or money for marks.

enough of this whinning about the deeds of a few lecturers who exploit students especially females for sex , I disagree the figure could be as high as 70 % the problem is that majority of students nowadays are lazy and willingly explore the option of settling rather that read their book only for them to turn round and claim extortion........ I believe strongly that anybody who reads their books very well will pass their exams without giving any lecturer money or sex
.....everything u dey write here is about sex sex sex....wetin concern ASUU with sex...U have said it all its a trade union not a religious body...If sexual favour do happen in ur school , whats ur SUG doing or school administration doing about it....Your SUG should be the one involed in all dis issues u are crying about, including NANS...This is a moral issue not a trade union issue..your school is to be blame not ASUU...All these sex stuff for marks its more rampant in the southern universities, hardly heard in the North, so how u come with ur 70%......anoda foolish student using the internet to exhibit his foolishness
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by rammytt(m): 7:52am On Dec 09, 2013
*As of January 1, 2014, the online version of the BAT will cost $69 (on-campus sessions will continue to be complimentary). Refer your friends while it is still free!
Just click on this link:
https://talentsearch.bloomberginstitute.com/test_sessions/available?ober_reference_id=51b61d1472189bab016daea0bdcf26d9f0657a22

Enhance your resume/CV.The Bloomberg Aptitude Test (BAT) is a 2-hour, 100 multi-choice question test of your aptitude to work in finance used by top-tier employers worldwide. The BAT online version is complimentary until year end.
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by Dee60: 8:49am On Dec 09, 2013
Laughable, very laughable! The so called 'new lecturers' will soon start their own strike to ask for their own increase. The cane that was used on the first wife is still in the house to flog the concubine. It is a matter of time.
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by texazzpete(m): 9:08am On Dec 09, 2013
Dee60: Laughable, very laughable! The so called 'new lecturers' will soon start their own strike to ask for their own increase. The cane that was used on the first wife is still in the house to flog the concubine. It is a matter of time.

These are not replacement lecturers, just new lecturers. Of course this has been spun in the media to 'University sacks lecturers and hires replacements'

It's a testament to the shoddy way Nigeria is being run that the government lapdogs here think a University can replace their entire lecturer cadre in less than a week.

1 Like

Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by onyxo76(m): 10:10am On Dec 09, 2013
by the time the new lecturers begin to feel the same of decay and rot in the system, they will start their own strike as well, its just a matter of time!
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by 2baga(m): 10:18am On Dec 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The lazy and unproductive lecturers should step aside for new lecturers who are ready to work. Atleast the new lecturers will learn from the sacked ones never to sacrifice their job on the alter of trade unionism.

If we'r not careful trade unionism will grow and become an untameble monster.

Yes workers can make demands but when they become unreasonable, they should be shown the way out. Only God knows what would have become of America if Ronald Reagan, then American president, did not sack 11, 345 air traffic controllers after a two-day strike. He did the right thing to avoid DANGEROUS precedent. Nobody is indispensable. Not even the president of Nigeria

Its quite refreshing to see that billy and his alter-ego (Sincere 9gerian) including several others are still in tandem...... shocked shocked shocked
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by Gracyel(f): 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
Nuzo':
The biggest lie the trade union called ASUU had ever told to anyone who cared to listen was that they were fighting for the quality of education for students.

The same students they've turned to slaves in their respective schools. Sex slaves, labor slaves, financial slaves. Comply or fail!

Over 70% of the lecturers are openly involved in this business of forcing students to either sleep with them/sort their courses or fail....only to turn around and claim they are fighting for the students.

Government has also not helped matters cos if they had not neglected their responsibilities of properly funding the universities over the years, ASUU wouldn't have used the welfare of students as their defense for their real motive.

The first step to attaining quality education in our schools again is not infrastructure or whatever. It's by prosecuting all lecturers who are involved in sex or money for marks.
Nice one dere jare. Ah ah...ur head dey dere. I wonder who ASUU.is deceiving. Infrastructure ko infrafunction ni. Lazy bunch of people!
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by OperaMini1(m): 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
Will these new lecturers ever become members of the Academic staff union?
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by rhymz(m): 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
On a more serious note, ASUU should either be disbanded or reduced to the confines of each individual University, they should not be allowed to wield the kind of arbitrary powers they presently have that can be used to cause a nation wide disruption of academic activities in our Universities. It is becoming glaringly clear to all that the whole thing is becoming political and has lost purpose.

It is pretentious and hypocritical for ASUU to continue to hide under the guise of fighting for education to play opposition politics without seeing the destructive effect their political power play is having on the education sector.
You go on strike for six months even when your salaries were being paid without delay, your main reason being that you must get all the benefits of the allowances and bonuses promised you by the previous government, when queried on how that enhances the education sector, they hypocritically toned down on it in the open and instead divert everyone's attention to fighting for the the standard of education to be improved even when their actions are clearly antithetical to improving the sector.

The issues about University funding and autonomy is not a one way decision to be taken solely by ASUU and federal government, the merit and demerits of such proposal like funding or autonomy will have to be thoroughly debated and vetted, everyone has to be protected, giving the tendencies of an average Nigerian authority to be overly despotic, giving school management the go-ahead to fix school fees, generate its own revenue and have full autonomy, will only aftfect the children of common folks without the money or means but interested in tertiary education, they will be the first casualties of such autonomy, We have already seen ugly examples in state schools like LASU, I don't see how that has improved anything there.

The issues are not clear cut for immediate decisions to be taken on them without recourse to all the stake holders.... Besides, university education is not the only part of education that needs funding, these things are gradual and take time, holding the FG by the balls to do it now now will only further worsen and annoy the situation, federal government can only disburse funds within the limits of the budgets, any further suggestion fir them to do the extraordinary regardless of the fact that such monies are non-existent is criminal and the height of political dishonesty. ASUU is killing University education, once this issue is resolved, federal government should take decisive steps to either scrap labour unionism in our tertiary institutions or at least reduce their influence to a manageable extent.
Re: New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones by Fourwinds: 12:50am On Dec 11, 2013
@take dat.... tanks for educating d ignorants here. when d government do deir own part den I can lash at ASUU for going on strike. As a father pay for ur child school fees n when he or she fails., I will join u in scolding d child.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Strange Origin Of 9 Everyday Objects We Use / Uniabuja Recalls Expelled SUG President, Ude-Umanta After 12 Years / UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.