Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. (28835 Views)

$9.3m Deal: Northern Muslims Accuse FG Of Cover-up / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims / Northern Muslims Demand N105bn Compensation From FG For Genocide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 10, 2013
tpacalipse: Thank you. His brain malfunctioned as he read the article, hence his misinterpretation of the whole thing. I am still looking for where the Prof blamed Islam.
If I should say Southern Christians are good or bad am I not alluding, in this situatuon, that these states arose because they are Christians.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by arewaqueen: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2013
MidasT: Brother, some of us were born in the north, some lived there for years, some of us schooled there; there is not lie whatsoever in what we are saying. Some of us has experience the intolerance of ur people. U guys need to own up, and start changing.

Well in life some of us have good and bad experiences with different tribes around the country and it is human to judge people based on the interactions you've had with them. Am happy with the comment you made. However, we are all not the same. Intolerance could be a personal thing but I assure a northerner is one of the most hospitable, honest and reliable person you could come across in Nigeria. And am a she not he cheesy
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by MidasT(m): 9:39am On Dec 10, 2013
arewa queen:

Well in life some of us have good and bad experiences with different tribes around the country and it is human to judge people based on the interactions you've had with them. Am happy with the comment you made. However, we are all not the same. Intolerance could be a personal thing but I assure a northerner is one of the most hospitable, honest and reliable person you could come across in Nigeria. And am a she not he cheesy
Yes, remove the religion, then u will experience a completly different northerners; honest, sincere, down to earth, etc. But the way they practice islam in the north is the problem. And ur elite are comfortable with it because it helps them further their selfish political ambition that does not benefit the masses. So Sunusi and the rest should speak up for social changes that does conflict with islam. Eg, the abolishment of the amajiri system.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 10, 2013
@MidasT:
Agreed that he's advocating for social change that's not in conflict with Islam, & he wants these people in the vanguard. Am also realizing that he has high regards for them. But it looks condescending to have singled them out as Muslims, since other non-Muslims could as well do exactly what he's advocating. But my question to you is, am I also right to have blamed Prof. Adesanmi's 'brand' of Christianity for the apparent state of the north, because he (too) is a northern Yoruba Christian elite?
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by MidasT(m): 9:59am On Dec 10, 2013
ScipioAfricanus: @MidasT:
Agreed that he's advocating for social change that's not in conflict with Islam, & he wants these people in the vanguard. Am also realizing that he has high regards for them. But it looks condescending to have singled them out as Muslims, since other non-Muslims could as well do exactly what he's advocating. But my question to you is, am I also right to have blamed Prof. Adesanmi's 'brand' of Christianity for the apparent state of the north, because he (too) is a northern Yoruba Christian elite?
God will not do for man what man must do for himself: muslims are the ones to champion the social changes they want to see. The christains in the north are minorities, and they cannot champion changes for the whole region; not at this level of religious intolerance.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 10, 2013
MidasT: God will not do for man what man must do for himself: muslims are the ones to champion the social changes they want to see. The christains in the north are minorities, and they cannot champion changes for the whole region; not at this level of religious intolerance.
You are still dodging. If you are looking at it that way, is it not relegating the non-Muslim northerners to mere observers. Why not an all-inclusive advocacy! Is Prof's position the best, final, & infallible?
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by oluxy(m): 11:34am On Dec 10, 2013
malc619: The foolish Prof blames Islam for the backwardness of the North, then I wonder if he'll blame Christianity for the under-development and large scale poverty and illiteracy in Bayelsa state...

Common sense u do not have. Is not blaming islam, he's only talking about d type of islam Nigerians are practising compared to even whre islam came out from.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by arewaqueen: 11:35am On Dec 10, 2013
MidasT: Yes, remove the religion, then u will experience a completly different northerners; honest, sincere, down to earth, etc. But the way they practice islam in the north is the problem. And ur elite are comfortable with it because it helps them further their selfish political ambition that does not benefit the masses. So Sunusi and the rest should speak up for social changes that does conflict with islam. Eg, the abolishment of the amajiri system.

Not just Islam but the brand of religion we all practise in this country is different, Christianity included. Almajiri system has a long history abolishing it is not that easy. Its not a one day thing. Almajiranci is simply a system of education where parents send their children to learn quran and the religion of Islam. Students as far as Niger and Chad come to Nigeria to study.

My father told me it wasn't this bad in the 60s , Almajiri would go to quranic schools and we'll as western school. The government of northern Nigeria @ that time enforced it and the welfare of people was properly taken care of (pre-oil times). However, with the population boom, porous borders, several military regimes there has been a laxity from the government. The government of Nigeria and the economy is to blame for this problem. If almajiranci was managed properly in the 50s and 60s why can't it be managed now. You will have to know our history before anything can be done but trust me it can't be abolished

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by dragunov: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2013
nagoma:

1. Which part of the country has the largest number of armed robbers?
2. Which part of the country has highest cheating in exams and every aspect of life and then claim education?
3. In which part of the country is prostitiitution a noble trade , with girls as young as 13 years in the business?
4. Which part of the country have cannibalism in their blood?
5. Which part of the country make kidnapping so common that their brothers and sisters prefer to take refuge with " terrorists than to go home?
6. Which part of the country make drug courier an international business and make all Nigerians a pariah outside our boarders?
7. Which part of the country started military coups with the bloodiest massacre of innocent civilians as long as they were not from their tribes?
8. Which part of the country have ritual murders on a daily basis and can kill even thir parents ?
9. Which part of the country has 419 and yahoo cheating as work?
10. Which part of the country make fake drugs to kill other human beings as long as they can make money?
11. Which part of the country have no history and no previous civilization - just primitive food gatherers as recently as 150 years ago?
12. Which part of the country have baby factories and baby markets- these people are worse than animals!!!
The list in endless and the country can never make progress with these primitive people
Abokius, that is the aftermath of decades of misrule by Northerners. They created all these mess, so it still comes back to the points that the good prof highlighted
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Tbash1(m): 11:55am On Dec 10, 2013
You are very right.
churchmind: Prof don't expect a sheep give birth to a lion,for it started right frm their forefathers
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by oluxy(m): 12:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
There is sense in this prof write up, he is trying to make those mentioned elites to see beyond been elites alone and not always been politically blinded rather islam and politic as other country practised yield benefit and interest to the people instead of practising islam blindedly as most elites in nigeria do.

There are elites who blinded folded ordinary people cunningly with their ego centric ambition thereby claiming islam is not in support that ordinary people live well but to look up to rich one for food. U see them doing Sadaka to the ordinary people meanwhile there are suppose to think development to everybody.

I guess the prof said the truth about north and the way islam is practice in other country where islam even originated from. But nigeria islams believe in Violence though not all the muslims but those that where wrongfully preached to and misguided by some so called scholars, that there have awaiting virgin in heaven if the could kill one non muslim person. A shame I called that and HELL await them because the life you took u cannot create it.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by nagoma(m): 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
arewa queen:

Nagoma kayi mun daidai. Wulakancin na ake mana ya ishe mu.

Na gode my Queen. Allah ja zamani.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by MidasT(m): 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
arewa queen:

Not just Islam but the brand of religion we all practise in this country is different, Christianity included. Almajiri system has a long history abolishing it is not that easy. Its not a one day thing. Almajiranci is simply a system of education where parents send their children to learn quran and the religion of Islam. Students as far as Niger and Chad come to Nigeria to study.

My father told me it wasn't this bad in the 60s , Almajiri would go to quranic schools and we'll as western school. The government of northern Nigeria @ that time enforced it and the welfare of people was properly taken care of (pre-oil times). However, with the population boom, porous borders, several military regimes there has been a laxity from the government. The government of Nigeria and the economy is to blame for this problem. If almajiranci was managed properly in the 50s and 60s why can't it be managed now. You will have to know our history before anything can be done but trust me it can't be abolished
u said it cannot be abolished? I rest my case. You can only force a cow to the river, you cant force it to drink water.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Agwaso: 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
0lumide: [size=19pt] Hypocrites will ignore than non development, illiteracy, lack of infrastructure and many social ills are nationwide but will be quick to beam the light on the North and Muslims! cure your ignornce people[/size]

From statistics, what is the rate of illitracy in the North vis a vis other region? You could also use the cut off marks for nation common entrance per state to guide you on illitracy level. Is it not supprising to know that some northern states has cut off mark of 2. The richest man in Africa is a northern moslem, the northern elites owns 80 % of marginal oil block, yet illiteracy in the region is on the high side.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by DonEwexco(m): 2:48pm On Dec 10, 2013
sincerenigerian:

The Professor did not blame Islam for the backwardness in the North. As a matter of fact, the Professor praised Islam. Read the write-up again but read it slowly the second time.
don't mind the-block-headed Illiterate
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Bizibi(m): 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
If people cannot understand a simple article then their brain should be as small as a dice
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by nagoma(m): 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
MidasT: so is enugu not one of the south east states u where disparaging? Obviously ur mind is not working well. Can u northern muslims do the same thing, or even half of it for christain corpers serving in the north? I think u need to answer that with conviction.

Answer with conviction. We do more, not only to corners but to all strangers living among us. The unfortunate situation of mob killing has taken dominance over other things. But ask your tribes men who lived for many years in the heart of the north about hospitality , justice, FairPlay and honesty. Please don't assume that you know everything , make it a duty to ask a person with real experience. Forget about Nairaland for now .
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by MidasT(m): 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
nagoma:

Answer with conviction. We do more, not only to corners but to all strangers living among us. The unfortunate situation of mob killing has taken dominance over other things. But ask your tribes men who lived for many years in the heart of the north about hospitality , justice, FairPlay and honesty. Please don't assume that you know everything , make it a duty to ask a person with real experience. Forget about Nairaland for now .
Brother, if u dont know, i have lived in the north for years, and i know what is obtainable. So am experienced enuff to speak,
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by casperskims: 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
Well, to start with, the Prof. has grossly missed the context. There are many variables to their progress and Islam is not a major. The amount of bureaucracies to achieve these in Nigeria is simply too much. Yes the U.A.E and the Saudi have taken development to another level which is indeed adorable. But the gentlemen the prof. mentioned do not and have not in anyway wielded the power and resources these set of Arabs have. Secondly, You all must bear in mind that Islam and development are two different things. Islam only guides the cultures associated developments but doesn't hinder it. So our dear Prof. messed up on the order by involving Islam. His theory would have been valid if he associated Islam as a contrast to the behaviors of our leaders which violates Islamic principles. Thirdly, Please people, do not pass comments on issues you have no knowledge about... Whether Islam or Christianity, each have guiding principles which i believe if adhered to strictly non of us will be here casting and transferring blames on the shortcomings of each other. Remember the chapter of the bible where Jesus said he with out sin should cast the first stone at the adulteress... The same way the Northerners have their short comings, so also the rest of Nigeria. The issue of whose is greater is baseless if you haven't solved yours or played a part in doing so. Better still chart a course towards that goal and see if you have time for the short coming of others. That's how progressive minds think. Almajiri, begging, and the likes are not Islamic traits... Make inquiries on the sets of people who are granted the permission to do these in Islamic principles. The point been made is that the set of people who engage in this ugly or unfortunate act are ignorant about what Islam dictates... its a shame they are Northerners but don't lump everyone in Islam together as thou there aren't people who do the right thing. Talking about the northerners and rule, did they do it alone? where the rest of Nigeria sidelined? And if we are talking about the Muslims leaders of the north, We've had good ones and bad ones and I believe i don't need to tell ya'll who the good ones are. And i'll say the same for other sets of rulers in Nigeria who are not from the north. There are always good ones and bad ones. In a nut shell, the Prof. really made his point in the wrongest of ways. So please be very objective when reading and avoid religious, ethnic or tribal bias in your interpretations. We are supposed to learn on this platform not castigate each other. If we do, we are no different from those who are currently charting the course of Nigeria to negativity...

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by MeAboki(m): 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
MidasT: Guy, if only u will open ur mind and see reasons. The north have had greater access to the oil fortunes of Nigeria, what did they do with it? They are sunnis like the Saudis; do the saudis have almajiris? Are they not pro-education? The truth is, ur entire elites are to be blamed, they are manipulating ur religion to further their political dominance.

You are a nincompoop, can't you see the said prof's central argument was about the brand of Islam, which evidently was quite baseless because (as already mentioned) there is no such difference.

Typical of you (like other southerners) to zoom to the issue of oil money; well prove to me how the north had more access to this money than southern Nigeria ; besides, how much is the said oil money that was sufficient to enable the north to compete with countries like Saudi Arabia - how foolish can you get.

In the same vein, considering the increasing vast amounts southern states are enjoying from the derivation accounts, how much of that is being reflected in the elopement of your states, how of that has improved your town, village and your life?

Please show us this development Mr. advanced nincompoop.

If you want to talk about elites, just follow these links and appreciate how your leaders are robbing you blind by diverting accrue-able monies to you to their own personal use (and blaming it on the north to fool gullible dunces like you).
Its pity they can't even invest their ill-gotten wealth in the region, at least to give some of you job opportunities - see examples like Asari Dokobu, a freedom fighter who should be patriotic enough for his own region but choosing to invest in Abuja and Benin Republic - abeg go park well jor angry

https://www.nairaland.com/1487688/wikileaks-jonathan-part-niger-delta
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=85371
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=95572
https://www.nairaland.com/1550571/whereabouts-nnpcs-n8-trillion-crude

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by TechWalker007: 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
ScipioAfricanus: You are still dodging. If you are looking at it that way, is it not relegating the non-Muslim northerners to mere observers. Why not an all-inclusive advocacy! Is Prof's position the best, final, & infallible?

Sad to say but that's exactly what non muslims in the North have been, observers. I lived in the North and can authoritatively say this.
The change started with OBJ and has continued with GEJ.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by MidasT(m): 10:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
Me_Aboki:

You are a nincompoop, can't you see the said prof's central argument was about the brand of Islam, which evidently was quite baseless because (as already mentioned) there is no such difference.

Typical of you (like other southerners) to zoom to the issue of oil money; well prove to me how the north had more access to this money than southern Nigeria ; besides, how much is the said oil money that was sufficient to enable the north to compete with countries like Saudi Arabia - how foolish can you get.

In the same vein, considering the increasing vast amounts southern states are enjoying from the derivation accounts, how much of that is being reflected in the elopement of your states, how of that has improved your town, village and your life?

Please show us this development Mr. advanced nincompoop.

If you want to talk about elites, just follow these links and appreciate how your leaders are robbing you blind by diverting accrue-able monies to you to their own personal use (and blaming it on the north to fool gullible dunces like you).
Its pity they can't even invest their ill-gotten wealth in the region, at least to give some of you job opportunities - see examples like Asari Dokobu, a freedom fighter who should be patriotic enough for his own region but choosing to invest in Abuja and Benin Republic - abeg go park well jor angry

https://www.nairaland.com/1487688/wikileaks-jonathan-part-niger-delta
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=85371
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=95572
https://www.nairaland.com/1550571/whereabouts-nnpcs-n8-trillion-crude

Was i exchanging ideas/ opinions with you on this thread? You just jumped into the middle of a fine debate, and made the conclusions of an OVERFED FOOL. Of all the people i was interacting with, the u see any aiota of insult in our conversation? I think you parents made a mistake by giving u western education, because ur manners are not different from those fighting against it. If u had ended up an almajiri, nairaland would have been more peaceful with one less of ur kind. People like you will want to lead in the future when u cant handle simple honest criticism. God bless Arewa queen, Nagoma, and other northerners on nairaland that view things objectively, and argue with points instead of hauling insult like bestial human like you. You need Jesus my friend!
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
TechWalker007:

Sad to say but that's exactly what non muslims in the North have been, observers. I lived in the North and can authoritatively say this.
The change started with OBJ and has continued with GEJ.
If they were & are still observers don't you think Prof's argument will bring more of the same? Aren't there reform-minded systems outside this closet that should also be appealed to? And tell me, what change was started by only OBJ, interrupted by Yar'adua & continued by GEJ?
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by TechWalker007: 8:33am On Dec 11, 2013
ScipioAfricanus: If they were & are still observers don't you think Prof's argument will bring more of the same? Aren't there reform-minded systems outside this closet that should also be appealed to? And tell me, what change was started by only OBJ, interrupted by Yar'adua & continued by GEJ?

The prof is on point. He is not accusing Sanusi, Ribadu and El Rufai. He is challenging them.
What he's saying is 101% correct.
The past elites have used the brand of Islam there to impoverish and control their people.
In a general look, they did the same to Nigeria as a whole.
OBJ brought hope to the Northern non-Muslims and it has continued under GEJ.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by nagoma(m): 9:03am On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

The prof is on point. He is not accusing Sanusi, Ribadu and El Rufai. He is challenging them.
The past elites have used the brand of Islam there to impoverish and control their people.

You don't know the meaning of the word " Hope". GEJ is a disaster for all and for Nigeria as a country. Are you living on this planet?
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by casperskims: 10:57am On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Firstly my friend, there is no such thing as a brand of Islam. Secondly, those leaders you are referring to used force and not Islam. And if you must know, these so called Northern leaders are not necessarily examples you should use to judge Islam in the north. Thirdly, the so called hope you speak of was a transition led by these same Muslim leaders... you speak ill off. My bad they are disappointments but same goes for your so called leaders who bring hope. Talking of giving the Christian Northerners a voice, by that do you mean the involvement of their associations with politics or what... cause i don't understand your point. The late Solomon Lar, T.Y. Danjuma and several contemporaries of theirs are prominent leaders of the North and they are Christians. Are you saying they don't or dint have a voice?
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by stegra: 10:28am On Jan 01, 2014
malc619: The foolish Prof blames Islam for the backwardness of the North, then I wonder if he'll blame Christianity for the under-development and large scale poverty and illiteracy in Bayelsa state...
I can't see where the prof blamed islam unless if am not getting his writing very well. He is talking about individuals with good brains and adherents of their religion and 100 percent profess it yet, are not merging religion with modernisation. Christian or muslim this is applicable to all!!!
See how you are insulting a gentleman for airing his Views! When will you want truth be told then?
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by stegra: 10:50am On Jan 01, 2014
nagoma:

Na gode my Queen. Allah ja zamani.
Wai shin addinine ko kuma fadin gaskiya?
Allah dai ya sa adilai suyi mulke mu cikin rahamarsa!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uche Ekwunife Affirmed The Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial District / Baga Town Goes To Fishing: Aftermath Of Boko Haram Defeat / Dino Melaye Was At COZA As Benny Hinn Ministers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.