Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? (5140 Views)

D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook / Yuroba, Igbo And Hausa, Who Is A Better Cook? / Why Are Women Better Cook Than Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by nnamdizen(m): 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
It is a known fact for ages that the best Nigerian dishes could be found in the eastern part of the country, but you will thrown into doubt if truely that claim is correct when you pay visit to the acient city of Calabar, cross river state. The legendry Afam and Edikaikon soup are the first delicacies that come to mind, but keep your little knowledge to yourself for a minute and experiece the little wonders these folks can do in their kitchen, makes you think aloud "Igbo and Calabar girls, who cooks better"?
Re: Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by bennysucre(f): 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
Its gonna be a tough choice to make. They are both magicians in the kitchen.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by Prowizy2(m): 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
This is tough

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by Afam4eva(m): 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
Are Igbo and calabar the names of particular people. I never knew tribes cook too.
Re: Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by braine(m): 11:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
I'd go with Calabar anY timeā€¢
Re: Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by Stunner1(f): 1:23am On Dec 09, 2013
nnamdi zen: It is a known fact for ages that the best Nigerian dishes could be found in the eastern part of the country, but you will thrown into doubt if truely that claim is correct when you pay visit to the acient city of Calabar, cross river state. The legendry Afam and Edikaikon soup are the first delicacies that come to mind, but keep your little knowledge to yourself for a minute and experiece the little wonders these folks can do in their kitchen, makes you think aloud "Igbo and Calabar girls, who cooks better"?

its called Afang and Edikaikong buh anyways i'd go with the igbos rili because dey r very gud cooks

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by nnamdizen(m): 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
#1-stunner:

its called Afang and Edikaikong buh anyways i'd go with the igbos rili because dey r very gud cooks
"Afang and Edikaikong" noted!
Re: Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by Chomzy19(f): 6:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
Lol for soups dey re kinda . Buh wen it comes to things like rice, beans and all such solid foods d Igbos take it anytime

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by nnamdizen(m): 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
[quote author=Chomzy19]Lol for soups dey re kinda . Buh wen it comes to things like rice, beans and all such solid foods d Igbos take it anytime[/quote The local dishes portrays our culture and preparing them correctly shows how groomed we are in our custom and tradition.
Re: Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by kemiola89(f): 11:48am On Dec 15, 2013
Calabar can cook real soup, they have this unique style of cooking! You can never go wrong with edikaikong soup.
Re: Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2013
calabar is a place just like lagos or abuja is!!
@OP, are u refering 2 Efik girls?
In my opinion, the ibibio girls of akwa ibom state are better cooks.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 25, 2013
My best meal ever was eaten in akwa Ibom state in 2011. Afang soup with pounded yam and fresh fish to match. Not forgeting Eva botlled water.

May God bless that hotel cook. I cant even trace the place again. Just for N1200, i sweated even from the ears under A.C...

My best cook ever was a calabar raised akwaibomite. Details later...

My igbo sisters are good too .

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Calabar Girls, Which Is A Better Cook??? by nnamdizen(m): 9:01am On Jul 21, 2014
okparaugo: My best meal ever was eaten in akwa Ibom state in 2011. Afang soup with pounded yam and fresh fish to match. Not forgeting Eva botlled water.

May God bless that hotel cook. I cant even trace the place again. Just for N1200, i sweated even from the ears under A.C...

My best cook ever was a calabar raised akwaibomite. Details later...

My igbo sisters are good too .
you too like food

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where To Buy Fried Dried Ponmo In Bulk / How Long Can U Store Ur Soup In The Fridge For And Still Eat It? / Packaged Garri With Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.