Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,920 members, 7,848,723 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:21 AM

Wedding Palaver: Advise Me On Which Wedding Type Is Better And/or Cost Less - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wedding Palaver: Advise Me On Which Wedding Type Is Better And/or Cost Less (553 Views)

Which Type Is Your Husband? / My Younger Brother's Wedding Plan Is Having Issues, Please Advise Me / Types Of Husband: Men What Type Are You? Women What type Is Your Hubby?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Palaver: Advise Me On Which Wedding Type Is Better And/or Cost Less by nickxtra(m): 10:40am On Dec 09, 2013
Friends, am in a serious dilemma and I need a serious and ever reliable answers from Nairalanders, as solution to my problem. Although, what many of you may consider a none issue is giving me goose pimples here. The issue is: between a white wedding and a traditional wedding, which one is better, especially for those who might not afford the two at the same time? Also, I will need an advice on the cost implication of each one. I need your sincere answers and I believe someone's answer may just help in this situation. Thanks
Re: Wedding Palaver: Advise Me On Which Wedding Type Is Better And/or Cost Less by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 09, 2013
If you are hard on cash, please go for a very quiet traditional marriage devoid of any form of ceremony followed by a registery wedding. I don't think you will spend more than 200k for both weddings. Goodluck.
Re: Wedding Palaver: Advise Me On Which Wedding Type Is Better And/or Cost Less by nickxtra(m): 11:55am On Dec 09, 2013
Phema: If you are hard on cash, please go for a very quiet traditional marriage devoid of any form of ceremony followed by a registery wedding. I don't think you will spend more than 200k for both weddings. Goodluck.
Thanks man. Actually, I have a budget of about 300k
Re: Wedding Palaver: Advise Me On Which Wedding Type Is Better And/or Cost Less by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
nickxtra: Thanks man. Actually, I have a budget of about 300k

300k is more than enough, I tell ya. So far your wife-to-be agrees to a simple wedding, you've got no qualms.

Now, ways to cut cost. . .

* If your fiancée's family has a list for trad, pick up the list and get just the items on the list. This list most times is negotiable though.

* You and wifey should get very simple and affordable trad wears. No feferity.

* Do not invite guests. Let the trad be between immediate families with very few extended family members in attendance. Shouldn't be more than 20 people from each family.

* Serve the few guests drinks and food. No cake, no canopy etal. Just something indoors and quiet.

* Then go to the registery with just two witnesses. One from each family.

* Get a simple suit and a simple knee lenght dress for your wifey and go do your thing. Registering in Court shouldn't take more than 20k.

* After every, you might want to do Thanksgiving in church (this is optional though), just to "register" your marriage in God's presence.

In all, remember that cost of wedding does not determine the longetivity of the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Palaver: Advise Me On Which Wedding Type Is Better And/or Cost Less by bennysucre(f): 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
My dear, u can do both. A relative did his trad with 200k last year feb. His wife was so understanding n was ready to ward off any overbearing family member that wanted something lavish. Just go for sometin simple, insist cos na una know where shoe dey pinch una. The registry wedding was done with abt 25k I guess. Op d money 4 ur outfit nor dey among d 300k oo!

2nd tots if u don't mind, u can rent ur outfits to save cost. Put ur trusted family member in charge of food n drinks cos of al dos 'polybag' pple.
Re: Wedding Palaver: Advise Me On Which Wedding Type Is Better And/or Cost Less by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
bennysucre: My dear, u can do both. A relative did his trad with 200k last year feb. His wife was so understanding n was ready to ward off any overbearing family member that wanted something lavish. Just go for sometin simple, insist cos na u n d bros know where shoe dey pinch una. The registry wedding was done with abt 25k I guess. Op d money 4 ur outfit nor dey among d 300k oo!

He can actually get nice and affordable outfit and not spend more than 300k for Everything! It's all about planning and cutting one's coat according to one's material.

(1) (Reply)

Question On Wedding / My Work, My Life / Noni Benefits For People With Diabetes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.