Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) (64091 Views)

See Pic Of Bored Student Attending A Lecture At The University Of Ibadan In 1953 / Breaking News Oshiomole Comrade Bus On Fire At Uniben Gate / Pics: ASUU Members Disrupt Lectures At UNIBEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by valve: 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
5.00GP:

STOP BLEATING...
HOW IS COMPUTER STUDIES RELEVANT TO LAW.....
HOW CAN A LECTURER FROM COMPUTER DEPARTMENT BE TEACHING LAW STUDENTS?
WHAT DOES HE WANT TO TEACH THEM.....
LAW STUDENTS CAN NEVER BORROW COURSE FROM COMPUTER...............

...and if you don't have a job tomorrow, you'll still blame it on Federal government or on corruption meanwhile you wouldn't say you were lacking in skills.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by ghananotnaija(m): 5:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
Theben:
What are you doing in Nigeria? Why don't you go to your sane society and make an impact?

I'm here to bring back some of your oil money back to my country. I send as much as I can back to my home in Cape Coast. There are thousands of people like me. When your country has run out of oil and becomes bankrupt and reverts back to the primitive bush and jungle that it once was, at least some of the oil money would be in Ghana, used to develop that great country.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
tm-tech:

Well said......
But, does this really means govt has abandoned our unis for years, these uni reciv allocation from govt yearly, they generate funds too, like #20k and above acceptance fee and other internally generated funds......moreover, u will surely be a testament to the fact that most of our lecturers too show a very lethargic or a devil-may-care attitude towards effective teaching ....they mostly encourage rote learning......
So if their attitudes do not change, let govt pump 1trilion per month in to our edu system, you will see that it will amount to nothing.....ASUU must improve on the way they teach too......cos so far, they av only mention the prob on the part of govt....I hope they av discussed the ASUU issues too .....

I am compelled to agree with you. I believe everything still boils down to corruption. But I also opine that if the government can do their part, they will have the power to impose a strong check on the lectures also to perform their parts too diligently. The theory of checks and balance may also be inferred into the current issue. But when the head has failed, it obviously can't give the tail a direction.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
That is a scary class in the image posted by the OP. The whiteboard is like a flat wood picked up in the wood and nailed up to a tripod. Something is actually wrong with the infrastructure in Nigeria's universities.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Theben(m): 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
ghananotnaija:

I'm here to bring back some of your oil money back to my country. I send as much as I can back to my home in Cape Coast. There are thousands of people like me. When your country has run out of oil and becomes bankrupt and reverts back to the primitive bush and jungle that it once was, at least some of the oil money would be in Ghana, used to develop that great country.
Then you are very foolish to disrespect the country that has been putting food on your table.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by tosan200(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2013
Dr2great: I don't have to join issues wit u,because u are insane!!
STFU DID APC TELL F.G NOT TO HONOUR THE 2009 AGREEMENT? ABI U DY MADT NI?
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by tmtech: 5:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
ghananotnaija:

"Nigeria" and "great minds" and "renowned scientists" don't go together. Cognitive dissonance detected.

I'm not saying Ghana's are the best, if you have the money, go to US, UK or even India. But still Ghana is better than Nigeria no matter the rankings. So what we never produced a Chinua Achebe? We have a more civlised, functioning, and sane society and I'd rather have that than someone from my country winning an subjective Nobel literature award any day.

You have no point......the fact that we. Av challenges with our government doesn't make Ghana a better place to be, and relatively, ghana is jst lyk a state in Nigeria.... Go do your findings,some of our lecturers also lecture in prestigious uni in europe , asia and the us . If they aint good u think they will be recognized world wide..... There are so many great minds (graduates of naija uni)....if you av never been here....don't judge from afar.....an eight year old iraqi boy will tell a more concise story of the war in iraq than any smart journalist in the USA who base his/her facts on what the read in papers and hearsay.......

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by ghananotnaija(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
Theben:
Then you are very foolish to disrespect the country that has been putting food on your table.

Nigeria has oil not because it's such a great country, but because of geologic factors beyond anyone's control.

Not sure if such logic would get through to you though.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by tmtech: 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
Law prince:

I am compelled to agree with you. I believe everything still boils down to corruption. But I also opine that if the government can do their part, they will have the power to impose a strong check on the lectures also to perform their parts too diligently. The theory of checks and balance may also be inferred into the current issue. But when the head has failed, it obviously can't give the tail a direction.

Wif thinkers lyk you.....I see hope for this great nation

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by dungdusugyang(m): 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
Koninda: Wat am I seein,University class-room ?
Wat a mess !
jst wat ASUU are figting for...hope sense will get to some pple's head.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by ghananotnaija(m): 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
tm-tech:

You have no point......the fact that we. Av challenges with our government doesn't make Ghana a better place to be, and relatively, ghana is jst lyk a state in Nigeria.... Go do your findings,some of our lecturers also lecture in prestigious uni in europe , asia and the us . If they aint good u think they will be recognized world wide..... There are so many great minds (graduates of naija uni)....if you av never been here....don't judge from afar.....an eight year old iraqi boy will tell a more concise story of the war in iraq than any smart journalist in the USA who base his/her facts on what the read in papers and hearsay.......

FYI, I live in Nigeria and knows the situation well.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Obrafour(m): 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
Theben:
Where there is Ghana, there is @Theben
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
5.00GP:

SOME PEOPLE WILL KEEP SHOUTING UNIBEN IS D BEST WHEREAS THEY ARE NOT

The only bad thing about the class is the marker board, every other thing is good. If you enter the class, you will understand what I am saying. Law faculty has one of the finest classes in uniben. Forget joke

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by jpphilips(m): 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
ghananotnaija:

"Nigeria" and "great minds" and "renowned scientists" don't go together. Cognitive dissonance detected.

I'm not saying Ghana's are the best, if you have the money, go to US, UK or even India. But still Ghana is better than Nigeria no matter the rankings. So what we never produced a Chinua Achebe? We have a more civlised, functioning, and sane society and I'd rather have that than someone from my country winning an subjective Nobel literature award any day.

Young man, what is the name of this site again?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by tmtech: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
ghananotnaija:

FYI, I live in Nigeria and knows the situation well.
Jst keep waiting till our oil dries.....I know you strongly beliv our economy will crash....china did somefin to boost their economy sometimes back and england is such a great nation cos dey reduced there importation and crime rate to the bearest minimum....gradually, naija is making plans to reduce importation and mind you, before any sane manufacturer from europe wud think of exporting a piece of its product to ghana, he wud av exported a million here....based on that u can imagine wat happen wen such importation is stopped.......with jst little effort naija will turn around for good...our govt is jst yet to apply the right methodology.......I suppose u will lead the nxt GHANA must go saga..........

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Kx: 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2013
I ve seen a lot of responses on computer application being taught to law students. The common one is the way pps _ graduates and students alike_term such courses BORROWED course
It is either a core/compulsory course or an elective.
The point am trying to make is it is sometimes not fair to say d standard and quality of university education has fallen when apparently even d people in and out of d schools speak in ways that leaves much to be desired.
It is not entirely fallen standard of education; its a sign of a society that has lost values, norms,and proper ways of saying and doing things
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
All those students sef, wetin carry dem go skool in d 1st place? Dem never hear say na xmas be dis? Why dem no kukuma siddon 4 haus chop xmas? Abi dem wan show say dem like skool pass others? Mtchew
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Theben(m): 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
Obrafour: Where there is Ghana, there is @Theben
And there is one Obrafour stalking him.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by OmniSparrow: 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Ignorance in 3-D. Change your handle to 0.9GP, unless you originally meant GP tank!
Buhahahahahaha... Fatality!!!
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by yoged(m): 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
5.00GP:
A LECTURER FROM COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT TEACHING LAW STUDENTS... IS THIS PROPER....
WETTIN D LECTURER WAN TEACH THE LAW STUDENTS..
THE CLASS IS NOT CONDUCIVE AT ALL...

UNIBEN INDEED
one at a time. Finish your O'level 1st and gain admission. You'll know the meaning of Borrowed,Required or Minor courses.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by OmniSparrow: 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
yoged: one at a time. Finish your O'level 1st and gain admission. You'll know the meaning of Borrowed,Required or Minor courses.
Honestly dat guy's stupidity is d only tin dat merits a rating of 5.00 gp.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Gideonmi(m): 6:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
shocked :oHuhhquote author=yoged] one at a time. Finish your O'level 1st and gain admission. You'll know the meaning of Borrowed,Required or Minor courses.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Frankenstein: 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
tm-tech:

Ofcourse, moreover, I av a pc and we av almost free internet service everywhere in my sch ....so with google , eilibrary is possible)....infact I did two fantastic courses offered by HaRVARD and MIT thru www.EDX.org and am certified....so ur sch may still be struglin wif some few things....but wit time , u will get there....
We have a WiFi cloud and e-library, I only used the e-library in my first year. It has since been having 'no network' for a long time. Which school are you in anyway?
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
Dr2great: Oh my God! Those ASUU guys are very lucky this is not
UNICAL. I trust my unical students. Tinubu + buhari +ASUU + APC should
be ashame of themselves.,OLD men wit no sense,is this how they want to
win election? They are really lucky this is not unical.,i trust my cult
guys,i know what they can do

Are u one of d cult boys in unical? Dont talk as if u dont know uniben is more deadly in cultism than unical. Those students wisely refused to fight back cos once u engage in such and ur face get noticed, i doubt if u will ever graduate from d school. It was a wise decision taken by them not to endanger thier future.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Frankenstein: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
ASUU can never be fighting for the good of the students. The main purpose of this struggle is yet to be discovered. A huge percentage of these lecturers despise students and are only interested in selling their textbooks and handouts.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by toideve(m): 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
5.00GP:
A LECTURER FROM COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT TEACHING LAW STUDENTS... IS THIS PROPER....
WETTIN D LECTURER WAN TEACH THE LAW STUDENTS..
THE CLASS IS NOT CONDUCIVE AT ALL...

UNIBEN INDEED

Don't law students take Computer classes

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by mekzone: 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
I doubt this is UNIBEN's faculty of law...the law faculty was in a very modern complex with real theatre like classes while I was there between 1997 and 2000. Also law students had a white and black formal dress code.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hearme: Picketing lectures during strike is a norm as long as the lecture is going on in the school premises. I just wonder why it so difficult for the government to sign the new agreement for implementation. Nigerians should get wise. Imagine the so called NANS
getting 30M from Minister of education to distribute to SUG presidents to raise more propaganda against ASUU.

Which is more easier, to sponsor propaganda on media, through market women, NANS etc or to send the document to a business center, type and fax to ASUU president?

Lol. Do they have to send it to biz centre? Dont they have computer and printer (even if na old skool) in aso rock? grin
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by ghananotnaija(m): 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
tm-tech:

with jst little effort naija will turn around for good...our govt is jst yet to apply the right methodology

Just a little effort? LMFAO.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by hardbody: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
Law prince: [b]The worse disease that can afflict a person is for him to fail to identify his predicament.
The kind of blindness affecting those criticising ASUU definitely has no description to the knowledge of even science itself.
For those who per chance have their objective hats on, isn't that board at the front of the class a symbol that our university system is extremely lamentable, awful and unspeakable?
I'm certain that not even the worse universities in Sudan or Liberia still puts on such a disgraceful look as above in this 21st century.
What else if not such an extreme decadence will be the reason for the rejection of even our PH.D graduates in advanced countries. We don't even have a chance to compete with the least developing country.
It is a sarcasm to refer to many Nigerian graduates as 'Half Baked' while in reality there was no bakery at all.
Nigerian students don't even reason locally talk less of globally. Imagine a graduate that doesn't know the need of a common projector.
We definitely don't need a less revolution by ASUU. Lets cover our various sentiments and selfishness for the sake of our future. Biko!
[/b]

In comparative analysis, you use 'worst' not 'worse' as used twice in your post.

You dont say 'the worse' disease that can afflict a person, neither do you write, 'not even the worse universities in sudan'....

For the avoidance of doubt, you say and write, bad...worse....worst...

I am not indicting you, i am indicting the fact that your education is not even half baked, there was no bakery at all.....I recall i was taught this in primary 3

In your words though

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by hardbody: 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Ghanaians are tenants in my hostel at Osu. I am a Nigerian. How about that?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by PetroDolla2: 6:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
hardbody:

Ghanaians are tenants in my hostel at Osu. I am a Nigerian. How about that?
Can you give me the address of your hostel at Osu, so we can go verify your claim? anyone can claim anything, you know,huh?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Write Good Letter Of Attestation ( See Samples) / Who Can Remember This Pic / Nairaland Official SCHOLARSHIPS Thread (degree, Masters, Phd, Contests Et Al)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.