Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) (64102 Views)

See Pic Of Bored Student Attending A Lecture At The University Of Ibadan In 1953 / Breaking News Oshiomole Comrade Bus On Fire At Uniben Gate / Pics: ASUU Members Disrupt Lectures At UNIBEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
Uniben always Hv stories to give......

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
rudian: I quite agree Uniben has structures but ur comment that faculty of education has got classes with curtains( ahem) U should really cross check if U are describing a different place cos I vent seen curtains in any class, save for that one behind that a church uses on sunday and trust the flower and that bed sheet sorry curtain were left there by the church members so dnt make it seem like the classes are that tushed!
I'm not sure the curtains belongs to any church! Because I saw those curtains on a weekday!
So you are trying to say some classes in Faculty of education are not up to standard?
Please is there anybody from faculty of education here?
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by BlessedFellow: 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
kandeyc: That lecturer on a blue long sleve shirt... He's Dr Bolaji, Department of Production Engineering, University of Benin.
That guy enjoys ASUU strike. He loves Unionnism not that He's fighting for same thing with them, He's Just a lazy sorry Fellow. Its high time bad eggs lyk him leaves the system.

I don't think the bloke on blue is Bolaji.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by tsleazy(m): 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
If Ghanians had better brains than we nigerians....what are they doing on our thread.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by calabaman(m): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
Wow!!!!! I know that lecturer well as he is from the dept I graduated from. Wud have loved to know how this story ended because those ASUU pple messed with the wrong lecturer.
This very lecturer told me over his dead body would he see mε graduate. Thank God today I have since graduated.. Also happy to see he is not dead!
Memoriessssssss are rushing back
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by PetroDolla2: 9:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
setUp01:

You need to be schooled on the idea of classifying economic growth! And young man until you can properly define "resource turnover" I leave you to wallow in the pit of ignorance.
and I leave you to revel in the horribleness of your sh1thole grin grin grin resource turnover, my azz grin grin grin resource turnover ko, resource control ni grin grin grin grin furckeduppedness
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by deniiQ: 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
sanandreas: Is dat a class room? OMG it is not conducive.

This particular classroom can be likened to a presidential suite in Sheraton Hotel in Abuja, compared to what u see in some other universities. U need to visit the universities for shockers.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
PetroDolla2: and I leave you to revel in the horribleness of your sh1thole grin grin grin resource turnover, my azz grin grin grin resource turnover ko, resource control ni grin grin grin grin furckeduppedness

I can see its ASUU that caused your problems. God will intervene soon.

I'm not sure your utter stupidity and immaturity can be healed tho

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Sugardiva(f): 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
mekzone: I doubt this is UNIBEN's faculty of law...the law faculty was in a very modern complex with real theatre like classes while I was there between 1997 and 2000. Also law students had a white and black formal dress code.

Good point. However in UNICAL where I studied law, the formal black and white dresscode applied only to law lectures. When taking elective classes such as computer we could come infomally dressed. Also, elective classes usually take place in the classroom of the elective faculty so the classroon in the picture might be a computer science lecture hall not a faculty of law lecture hall.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by ghananotnaija(m): 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
rudian: It is clear this comment was made by a slowpoke!

I'm a m0r0n? Then I must be your type. Let me add you on BBM, what's your PIN?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by PetroDolla2: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
Rawdeal:

and who is this deluded lunatic? ludicrously stvpid pig with a dung-caked face grin whack a con! frigging ediot. my dog has more sense than you, azzhole

and why do MUMUs have such huge inferiority complex? grin
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by babsomotde(m): 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Action.... Students are the Camera... Watching films.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by ese79(m): 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Rawdeal:

na wa o. If not for this boko haram wahala in the north, northern unis would av been the best place to scul. U nid to com to UDU sokoto and see structures, white lecturers, c their classes, hostels, teachin hospital, its wow! visit uni jos, bayero uni and see thearters, teaching hospitals and laboratories. I haven't even mention their overall 'father' ABU ZARIA, come to ABU and see labs, see structures e.g the bamuda triangle of vet medicine, c senate building, hostels( suleiman hall, d largest hostel in west africa) see modern boards, profesors over floading. Hmmm come to UNIMAID and c structures, lecturers and profs. I dnt want to talk about their teaching hospital and 'titanic' hostel. The land mass of the smallest university here in the north is like 5 uniben combined plus 2 unilag( i know its not by land mass, but thats just the truth)..

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by phillippiano(m): 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
ese79: na wa o. If not for this boko haram wahala in the north, northern unis would av been the best place to scul. U nid to com to UDU sokoto and see structures, white lecturers, c their classes, hostels, teachin hospital, its wow! visit uni jos, bayero uni and see thearters, teaching hospitals and laboratories. I haven't even mention their overall 'father' ABU ZARIA, come to ABU and see labs, see structures e.g the bamuda triangle of vet medicine, c senate building, hostels( suleiman hall, d largest hostel in west africa) see modern boards, profesors over floading. Hmmm come to UNIMAID and c structures, lecturers and profs. I dnt want to talk about their teaching hospital and 'titanic' hostel. The land mass of the smallest university here in the north is like 5 uniben combined plus 2 unilag( i know its not by land mass, but thats just the truth)..
[s]
ese79: na wa o. If not for this boko haram wahala in the north, northern unis would av been the best place to scul. U nid to com to UDU sokoto and see structures, white lecturers, c their classes, hostels, teachin hospital, its wow! visit uni jos, bayero uni and see thearters, teaching hospitals and laboratories. I haven't even mention their overall 'father' ABU ZARIA, come to ABU and see labs, see structures e.g the bamuda triangle of vet medicine, c senate building, hostels( suleiman hall, d largest hostel in west africa) see modern boards, profesors over floading. Hmmm come to UNIMAID and c structures, lecturers and profs. I dnt want to talk about their teaching hospital and 'titanic' hostel. The land mass of the smallest university here in the north is like 5 uniben combined plus 2 unilag( i know its not by land mass, but thats just the truth)..
[/s]
Crap!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by odizeey(m): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
PetroDolla2: crap, as usual. [b]resource turnover [/b]my foot grin how has that helped 90% of your suffering and no-longer-smiling compatriots who survive on less than $2 a day? with your 'resource turnover, how come life expectancy in your 'paradise' is a miserable 52 years, compared with 64 in Ghana? How come your country is one of the most corrupt and impoverished? what is the unemployment level in your country, compared with Ghana? how many of your citizens have access to electricity, personal security, potable water, food? take a goods look at the United Nations Human Development Index before talking trash and exposing your crass ignorance, huh? it seems your UNIBEN education has impoverished your brain even further,huh? oh dear, oh dear

revel in the horribleness of your sh1thole,huh? fuckeduppedness grin
pls go and mk use of ur ghanian made social network

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
what have they produced as graduates?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by lipsyliscious: 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
Sugardiva:

Good point. However in UNICAL where I studied law, the formal black and white dresscode applied only to law lectures. When taking elective classes such as computer we could come infomally dressed. Also, elective classes usually take place in the classroom of the elective faculty so the classroon in the picture might be a computer science lecture hall not a faculty of law lecture hall.
u're ryt about d elective course part, bt I'm 100% certain dats faculty of law LT2 I tink. Dat class is actually very nice, oda Dan d white board it looks good. Dats my nyt class joint. Would hv posted pics of d class bt I'm in all of dem n I still lyk my anonymity. As 4 d odes saying y should law students take CSC, my question 4 dem is 'u Don go uni b4?' n dose saying d students should haff fought, I laff in Chinese! So dat deir faces wil b marked, n deir graduation forever delayed! Abegii let's face facts, d students did d ryt tin. As for d strike, I'm no longer bothered, will face ASUU n FG Jan 6th. FG should just sign so we cn rest!

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by jimmydaviez: 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
Chai!!! See uniben lecture room like LEA primary school... Where we de go slf.......
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by ese79(m): 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
Rawdeal:
what have they produced as graduates?
honestly dear am surprised at your question. Are you a nigerian? If yes, are you in nigeria? Northern unis presently have the highest number of renowned alumini. Most of the nigerian political gurus are alumini in northern uni. Haba! Avent u heard of outstanding innovations in faculty of medicine unijos? N.B The only defence academy NDA in Nigeria and the only aviation school are both located in the north, kaduna to b precise...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by odizeey(m): 10:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
ese79: honestly dear am surprised at your question. Are you a nigerian? If yes, are you in nigeria? Northern unis presently have the highest number of renowned alumini. Most of the nigerian political gurus are alumini in northern uni. Haba! Avent u heard of outstanding innovations in faculty of medicine unijos? N.B The only defence academy NDA in Nigeria and the only aviation school are both located in the north, kaduna to b precise...
na kwara get aviation o
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by ese79(m): 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
odizeey: na kwara get aviation o
k maybe na 2 aviation sculs dey for north b dat cos i knw say after aviation scul fence, u go pass like 2 quaters and 1 filing station before u go com c Ahmadu Bello uni fence..all join sha
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Sajio(m): 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
Just imagine..... These are the so called lecturers that want †̥ make Nigerians education a better place?? All tugs..... And dey will still call their selves professors??

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by tunapa4fun: 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2013
kogi state uni announced resumption date 6january 2014

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by deols(f): 11:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
see the classroom and you all won't let ASUU fight for you.

I know it is hard sha. I have relatives affected. But I think the pains of today are for the morrow.

You should join ASUU in asking for these rights and npot act lke all you want is to graduate. If every one gets involved in frustrating the FG on this matter, it would go a long way.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by cokhale(m): 11:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
Lastest news @ delsu : S.E. VOL. XXII NO.48 THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013SPECIAL EDITIONNOTICE OF RESUMPTION OF ACADEMIC ACTIVITIESFurther to the enlarged meeting of Management and Deans/Directors of academic programmes, the Senate of the Delta State University at its emergency meeting held on Wednesday, December 4, 2013, approved resumption of academic activities in the Delta State University as follows: Further to the enlarged meeting of Management and Deans/Directors of academic programmes, the Senate of the Delta State University at its emergency meeting held on Wednesday, December 4, 2013, approved resumption of academic activities in the Delta State University as follows:RESCHEDULED 2012/2013 SECOND SEMESTER ACADEMIC CALENDARSunday, December 8, 2013 All Students return to campusMonday, December 9, 2013 Lectures beginTuesday, December 24, 2013 Christmas breakSunday, January 5, 2014 Students to return on Monday, January 6, 2014 Tuesday, December 24, 2013 Christmas breakSunday, January 5, 2014 Students to return on Monday, January 6, 2014Monday, January 20, 2014 Screening of fresh students beginFriday, January 31, 2014 Lectures end for stale studentsMonday, February 3, 2014 2ndsemester examinations begin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by rhymz(m): 11:32pm On Dec 09, 2013
On a more serious note, ASUU should either be disbanded or reduced to the confines of each individual University, they should not be allowed to wield the kind of arbitrary powers they presently have that can be used to cause a nation wide disruption of academic activities in our Universities. It is becoming glaringly clear to all that the whole thing is becoming political and has lost purpose.

It is pretentious and hypocritical for ASUU to continue to hide under the guise of fighting for education to play opposition politics without seeing the destructive effect their political power play is having on the education sector.
You go on strike for six months even when your salaries were being paid without delay, your main reason being that you must get all the benefits of the allowances and bonuses promised you by the previous government, when queried on how that enhances the education sector, they hypocritically toned down on it in the open and instead divert everyone's attention to fighting for the the standard of education to be improved even when their actions are clearly antithetical to improving the sector.

The issues about University funding and autonomy is not a one way decision to be taken solely by ASUU and federal government, the merit and demerits of such proposal like funding or autonomy will have to be thoroughly debated and vetted, everyone has to be protected, giving the tendencies of an average Nigerian authority to be overly despotic, giving school management the go-ahead to fix school fees, generate its own revenue and have full autonomy, will only aftfect the children of common folks without the money or means but interested in tertiary education, they will be the first casualties of such autonomy, We have already seen ugly examples in state schools like LASU, I don't see how that has improved anything there.

The issues are not clear cut for immediate decisions to be taken on them without recourse to all the stake holders.... Besides, university education is not the only part of education that needs funding, these things are gradual and take time, holding the FG by the balls to do it now now will only further worsen and annoy the situation, federal government can only disburse funds within the limits of the budgets, any further suggestion fir them to do the extraordinary regardless of the fact that such monies are non-existent is criminal and the height of political dishonesty. ASUU is killing University education, once this issue is resolved, federal government should take decisive steps to either scrap labour unionism in our tertiary institutions or at least reduce their influence to a manageable extent.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Niyinficient(m): 11:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
sanandreas: Is dat a class room? OMG it is not conducive.

#singing uniben anthem# All over the wide wild world
Our fruitful works unfold...............*Arise mighty Uniben! Clothed in ur purple and gold.........

Ode! Go oda schools and see lecture halls u go hail!
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Korrection(m): 11:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
Thats Mr Godspower Ekhobase of comput3r science...no one survives his project inspection....that guy showed me pepper but today I thank God I survived
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by FrenchyL(m): 11:47pm On Dec 09, 2013
mydi: shuuu! Dats only the front were lectures stay, that's LT2 and its OK and condusive τ̅☺ an extent

but it is still looking unkept grin
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by biggy4joe(m): 11:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
Of d Greatest UNIBEN

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by millionaireman: 12:00am On Dec 10, 2013
homesteady: Hmm! Hmmm! ASUU! It is you people that started being violent! When police or soldier flog any of your member, you people should not complain oh!

BTW OP are you part of the class? Please bring more pictures
Any difference btwn APC and ASUU?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'Leaked Mathematics Question Paper': WAEC Reacts / FUTMINNA 2016/2017 ADMISSION THREAD / Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.