Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1038) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3727401 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
LastDance:
The Meg. 7/10

Nice movie and storyline, it reminds me of the days of Jenifer Lopez and ice cube's "Deep blue sea"

Its been really long we get to see movies like this that involves creatures like sharks and snakes.

Kudos to the makers and fantastic acting by all the actors and actresses.
Jennifer Lopez and ice cube's Deep Blue Sea? Hope you meant Anaconda?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:35pm On Jan 24, 2019
AHCB:
steal the money.
cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2019
Tag-

Highly recommended for lovers of comedy. These actors keep surprising me with their versatility. Jeremy Renner was superb as the asshole, borderline psychopathic buddy who has never been tagged cheesy

Hilarious action and funny movie. Had myself a good laugh.

7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by LastDance: 8:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
AHCB:
Jennifer Lopez and ice cube's Deep Blue Sea? Hope you meant Anaconda?
Thanks for the correction, the two movies are kind of confusing.
Each time i remember lcool J, i mistake him for ice cube.

Yes i was referring to Anaconda.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by emypro17: 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2019
MJBOLT:
which badboys are you talking about?is it the will smith and martin lawrence own?

sorry typo
I meant badboys 3
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SC31(f): 9:00pm On Jan 24, 2019
Please who knows where I can download or watch Widows
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by emypro17: 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2019
blingxx:

It's badboys 3... And DJ Khalid is among the cast
owk man
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Black hawk down.

Have you seen the movie? 10/10
Yes, another masterpiece on its own.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2019
mekaprime:
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi...9/10
Genre: Action, Drama, History,Thriller

I found this movie to be very exquisite, interesting, suspenseful & enthralling, the acting was also excellent. One thing I loved about this movie was that it draws you in & makes you feel as if you were there with those 6 brave men on that faithful night. Honestly, the courage & charisma displayed by those 6 men is reason enough why the story needed be told.

A big thumbs up to Michael Bay. For the very first time, he puts his excessive explosive scenes to very good use, He really delivered a well done movie of what i think really happened in Benghazi. The movie was packed with lots of explosive scenes that were essential to the plot.

Pls not for the faint of heart, as some scenes contains graphic content.
I refused rating this movie because it's a true story told one sided.

We only get to watch the American version or what transpired in Benghazi as told by people who want to sell lies and fairy tales.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
Ishilove:

cheesy
abi na. Na only to steal we Sabi for dis corner of the world.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 9:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
Green Book...
Wow, so many things to talk about but will keep mum so as not to spoil it.
So i give y'all 2 weeks to download and watch it, then ama spoil am.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
Stories of war are written by the Victorious.

AHCB:
I refused rating this movie because it's a true story told one sided.

We only get to watch the American version or what transpired in Benghazi as told by people who want to sell lies and fairy tales.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Stories of war are written by the Victorious.
I heard that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2019
So what is your complaint about the secret soldiers of Benghazi again?

AHCB:
I heard that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RoronoaZoro(m): 9:41pm On Jan 24, 2019
The Old man and the gun.

With the amount of high speed chase, Bank heists, Forrest never fired a bullet in real life too?

Never fired one in the movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2019
Kaycee7:
Taiwo, my friend, never let it be said I taught you nothing.

The protagonist is the central or leading character or one of the major characters in a play, film, novel, etc.
NOTE: It doesn't state they have to be a/the good guy.
[img]https://media1./images/8bb2f3db2b077601adbec1cda50610ce/tenor.gif?itemid=9415654[/img]

A protagonist is the main character as you said but he fights a good cause. So a protagonist is a good guy while the antagonist is reverse

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
cliqtips:
Now Available The Nutcracker and the Four Realms on Net Stream App for FREE
: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viaviapp.nflix&hl=en

Worst movie of the year along with slender man
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 11:23pm On Jan 24, 2019
Lh19:
Just watched aquaman and that final fight was orgasmic... It had a straight forward story with a villain that actually had a purpose

Where can I download the clear version? I need to re-watch this movie again
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Micosh05: 11:39pm On Jan 24, 2019
Very good and interesting
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 11:44pm On Jan 24, 2019
Micosh05:
Very good and interesting
What's that
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 12:53am On Jan 25, 2019
Kaycee7:
The meaning of protagonist is lost on you, my friend. I said protagonist not good guy. And yet you're feeling classy. Mtcheew! Aje kpako forming Ajebo
[img]https://media1./images/17fb59b59b74ca8437d4f850c2dfe02f/tenor.gif?itemid=4514465[/img]

You are a serious liar. Go back to your comment. You said "antagonist" not "protagonist".

Never question my ajebo status. Imagine this pako trying to ruin my reputation

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:28am On Jan 25, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

A protagonist is the main character as you said but he fights a good cause. So a protagonist is a good guy while the antagonist is reverse

Um... no. A protagonist can also be a bad guy. Have watched several films where the protagonists are straight-up evil.
- American Psycho
- Saw
- You (Tv Series)
- *Dexter (TV series)
- Bates Motel (TV series)
- There Will Be Blood
- The Usual Suspects
- Momento
- Fight Club
- Avengers: Infinity War

Now, would you say the protagonists of the aforementioned movies fought a good cause? Wouldn't it be more apt to describe them as serve-serving, narcissistic psychopaths?

*In the case of Dexter, it can be argued that he only kill bad guys, but it doesn't make him less of a serial killer. Murder is murder.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 25, 2019
mekaprime:
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi...9/10
Genre: Action, Drama, History,Thriller

I found this movie to be very exquisite, interesting, suspenseful & enthralling, the acting was also excellent. One thing I loved about this movie was that it draws you in & makes you feel as if you were there with those 6 brave men on that faithful night. Honestly, the courage & charisma displayed by those 6 men is reason enough why the story needed be told.

A big thumbs up to Michael Bay. For the very first time, he puts his excessive explosive scenes to very good use, He really delivered a well done movie of what i think really happened in Benghazi. The movie was packed with lots of explosive scenes that were essential to the plot.

Pls not for the faint of heart, as some scenes contains graphic content.

Believe American media propaganda machine at your peril. The movie made Americans look good, and that sh*t ain't true.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Yes, Thanos was the good guy. A mass-murderimg alien was the good guy. A man who sacrificed his adopted daughter for power.

Lol

A protagonist isn't necessarily a good guy. It's primarily a character a story revolves around. Thanos is the principal protagonist of Infinity War. The script writers have since confirmed this. Look it up.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 25, 2019
LastDance:
Ready player one my foot.
Ready player one and all marvel movies have some things in common.

That feeling that you are watching Nickelodeon or cartoon network.

It's kind of movies for 2 years to 16 years old kids.

It baffles me to see mature men sit down to watch marvel movies or movies like ready player one.

Those are movies for my younger ones at home.

movies like Hunter killer, The nun, equaliser etc are movies for men.

These are movies that tells reality, what goes on in our everyday life.

All marvel movies are fantasy, just like cartoons like Ben 10.

But movies like hunter killer are reality, what has happened, what is happening and what will happen if the USA and other world powers go to war.

Just like horror movies like the nun and conjuring.

Can only surmise that you were trolling with this absurd post of yours.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:04am On Jan 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

A protagonist isn't necessarily a good guy. It's primarily a character a story revolves around. Thanos is the principal protagonist of Infinity War. The script writers have since confirmed this. Look it up.

That is a vague definition and you know it.

Even if you want to use such an argument, the title of the movie is avengers. The avengers are also main characters.....and if we are to separate antagonists amongst many main characters, Thanos would be an antagonist due to his evil actions.

Even if you still want to argue that Thanos is a protagonist, protagonists can still be antagonists.

Remember that the original argument was that Kaycee7 argued that Thanos was not an antagonist.

If we want to be honest, the word protagonist means more than just being central character because an antagonist can also be a central character.

Case closed. Stop arguing stupidly

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 6:22am On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Even if you want to use such an argument, the title of the movie is avengers. The avengers are also main characters.....and if we are to separate antagonists amongst many main characters, Thanos would be an antagonist due to his evil actions.

Even if you still want to argue that Thanos is a protagonist, protagonists can still be antagonists.

Remember that the original argument was that Kaycee7 argued that Thanos was not an antagonist.

If we want to be honest, the word protagonist means more than just being central character because an antagonist can also be a central character.

Ajebo you make brain.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:23am On Jan 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Um... no. A protagonist can also be a bad guy. Have watched several films where the protagonists are straight-up evil.

What you mean to write is that a protagonist can also be an antagonist if we use your flimsy definition.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

A protagonist is a CENTRAL figure in a story, period, take it or leave it. It can take the form of a simple role (traditional) or a more complex one.

Antagonist CANNOT be central character, it's more of a side character, a supporting role. Antagonist by definition is an antonym of a protagonist (central figure) in a story. And yes, a protagonist can also double as an antagonist - it's difficult to pull off, but can be done. Thanos played a PRINCIPAL protagonistic role (I said principal, because there were minor protagonists too), but also doubled as the main villain. In the tv series Breaking Bad, the central figure, Walter White did the same.

You can learn from this if you want to, or continue to wallow in your ignorance, it's up to you. Bye.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 25, 2019
Kaycee7:
Are you for real right now?
I mean, I'm not the disputing the visual artistic flavour that Black Panther has to offer but if you're talking about an experience that will stay with you, anybody with half a brain knows it's Infinity War. You're probably one of those who thought Thanos was the antagonist.

Every story stems from 3 basic plots:
- Man against nature
- Man against man
- Man against self

In Infinity War, the plot was man against self, in which Thanos played the role of the man protagonist but also the role of the main antagonist.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded

My G tongue

Ajebo KoiceReloaded is different from aje butter JeromeBlack cheesy

KoiceReloaded:

Every story stems from 3 basic plots:
- Man against nature
- Man against man
- Man against self

In Infinity War, the plot was man against self, in which Thanos played the role of the man protagonist but also the role of the main antagonist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.