Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1041) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3757980 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I can't believe it.....Koice was right all along cry
Upon further research, I have to agree with the directors.
But you said, Thanos is both protagonist and antagonist.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2019
MJBOLT:
ask yourself if you were star lord,would you remain calm.

It is easy to say that I would calmly wait for the gauntlet to be removed.

But under pressure and pain (from losing a loved one), one might not be rational................

But then again, the guy is Starlord, semi-god, semi-human.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 2:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
oyetpel:

But you said, Thanos is both protagonist and antagonist.

Yes, if you define villain as antagonist.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2019
i dont blame him,i believe dr strange manipulated that entire scene on titan

JeromeBlack:

It is easy to say that I would calmly wait for the gauntlet to be removed.

But under pressure and pain (from losing a loved one), one might not be rational................

But then again, the guy is Starlord, semi-god, semi-human.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 2:06pm On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Yes, if you define villain as antagonist.

It doesn't correlate with how the directors described him.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 2:06pm On Jan 25, 2019
MJBOLT:
i dont blame him,i believe dr strange manipulated that entire scene on titan

Shifting goal post now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:12pm On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

grin grin

So everyone now is a protagonist.

ISSOKAY!
I never thought the day would come when I would agree with you.

However, Thanos' character is more an anti-hero than antagonist.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 2:12pm On Jan 25, 2019
i dont think you have seen infinity war undecided strange saw only one timeline where the avengers win and must have put things in order to go with that timeline.dr strange must have seen star lord angry moment but he did nothing to change it and when people were turning to dust,he remained calm and says to iron man "we are in the endgame now"

oyetpel:

Shifting goal post now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Then, who is the primary antagonist?

CHECKMATE BITCCH!!! grin grin grin
Thought KoiceReloaded cleared this up in the morning, Thanos is also the primary antagonist.

Also, you have to say "CHECK" first, if I don't resign and play a futile hand, then you can Checkmate me. Do you even play Chess?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
MJBOLT:
i dont think you have seen infinity war undecided strange saw only one timeline where the avengers win and must have put things in order to go with that timeline.dr strange must have seen star lord angry moment but he did nothing to change it and when people were turning to dust,he remained calm and says to iron man "we are in the endgame now"

You were of the motion that he lost his cool, while his partners were some seconds away from removing the gauntlet and then he can descend on Thanos.

but I knew you will shift Quill stupidity to Dr Strange effect, just like the theories going on the net.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:32pm On Jan 25, 2019
Beorn:

There's no sane human that knows his onions when it comes to movies, that'd call BvS a masterpiece. You're just trolling. BvS was generally accepted to be a disappointment.
Still can't get over how rubbish BvS was...even with the extended Version...alter poo, if zack synder had completed justice league, it would have towed the same line.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 2:32pm On Jan 25, 2019
stick to your drama movies please,it seems this movie is too much for you.

oyetpel:

You were of the motion that he lost his cool, while his partners were some seconds away from removing the gauntlet and then he can descend on Thanos.

but I knew you will shift Quill stupidity to Dr Strange effect, just like the theories going on the net.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
Steve Carell and Timothée Chalamet performance in "Beautiful boy" was gold...great watch if you are into drama.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
the extended version that was hyped by DC tards grin is nothing but 3 hours of epic borefest

oyaskii:
Still can't get over how rubbish BvS was...even with the extended Version...alter poo, if zack synder had completed justice league, it would have towed the same line.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
Immediately I said I was going to start rating movies, antisperm bütt banned me. Aunty sperm bütt.......

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
oyaskii:
Steve Carell and Timothée Chalamet performance in "Beautiful boy" was gold...great watch if you are into drama.
Going to watch this during the weekend
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 4:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
Kaycee7:
Thought KoiceReloaded cleared this up in the morning, Thanos is also the primary antagonist.

Also, you have to say "CHECK" first, if I don't resign and play a futile hand, then you can Checkmate me. Do you even play Chess?

I play chess.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 4:01pm On Jan 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Um... no. A protagonist can also be a bad guy. Have watched several films where the protagonists are straight-up evil.
- American Psycho
- Saw
- You (Tv Series)
- *Dexter (TV series)
- Bates Motel (TV series)
- There Will Be Blood
- The Usual Suspects
- Momento
- Fight Club
- Avengers: Infinity War

Now, would you say the protagonists of the aforementioned movies fought a good cause? Wouldn't it be more apt to describe them as serve-serving, narcissistic psychopaths?

*In the case of Dexter, it can be argued that he only kill bad guys, but it doesn't make him less of a serial killer. Murder is murder.

I beg to disagree.

I think the major problem causing the confusion is the word "Main/major Character"

As a protagonist can be a major character in a film, so also the antagonist can also be a major character in the movie.

So, being the main character does not make you a protagonist when you are carrying out a bad cause.

Lets take the Saw movie example, the main character is John Kramer but he was carrying out a bad cause hence he is the antagonist of the film not protagonist. Same for all the other movies listed there.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 5:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
oyaskii:

I watched BvS at the cinemas, I remember coming back feeling massively disappointed. BvS, though DC recovered their money back, was a hot pile of crap. The most annoying thing about BvS was the director made it to be long knowing fully well that the movie was a little above average.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Seriously, any sensible person would wait for the gauntlet to be removed before killing Thanos.

I mean, if a robber shot your friend and other people are in the process of disarming the robber, wouldnt the normal thing to do be to wait for the robber to be disarmed? Would you disturb the people disarming the robber so that the robber can shoot you?

It's just common sense. The producers wanted a sequel that's why the Avengers were made to make stupid decisions just to make sure Thanos lasted till the next sequel.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
I honestly think that we are starting to take movies plot a little bit too serious.

Here's how the weekend gonna go down tongue

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 5:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Hunter killer.

Updated version of hunt for the red October.

Even at that it was freaking cool.

7.9/10. Highly recommended.

Tonight close is the movie

P.s I finished pop star never stop ....

That movie had laughs lots of them. Out shows the real menace of humanity liking crap
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
Seunpaul01:

Fine. What year is it then?

1976 featuring a very young Jodie foster. The movie is basically about child gangsters who shoot each other with pop cream " he got popped".

Itsnlhbely and entertaknjng but really old school. Tou e got to be patient and just enjoy it for entertainment. 6.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hahn(m): 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
BlackManta:

I have been asking myself if I'm the only one that noticed it.
Everybody seems to overlook it under the guise that Thanos is too powerful bla bla bla..
Avengers were to made to act stupidly so that Thanos could win.

Let me outline some of the stupid things they did.

1. Heimdal, Thor's friend tried to save one person by teleporting him away.
- He didn't save Thor...his friend.
- He didn't save Loki.
- He didn't save the Space Stone, teleport the stone instead of hulk, the stone would land in Doctor Strange base and Thanos victory will be delayed.
No No No...

Heimdal didn't think about these things.
Heimdal stupidly saved Hulk, a stranger he met the previous day during the event of Ragnarok.

Why Hulk, a common stranger.

Why not Thor your own longtime friend

This is stupid.

2. Stupid Gamora knows that she has something that Thanos wants.
The best to do in this situation is to stay as far away from Thanos as possible....STAY AWAY.
Even if Thanos eventually finds her, at least make it a little bit hard for him, delay his victory by being smart.

But what did Gamora do.
She stupidly went straight to Thanos instead of staying away,.
Thanos captures her and kills her to get the stone.
Gamora made the job easy for him....STUPIDLY.

Some folks would make excuses like, Gamora went to Knowhere to retrieve the reality stone before Thanos gets there.
But why go to the exact same place Thanos is going to when you know you have something he wants.

The best plan is... STAY AWAY.

But Gamora is stupid.

3. The development of Vision is also really, really bad. In Age of Ultron he is strong enough to wield Thor's hammer but in Infinity War, he has developed and updated to the point that he never wins a single fight against anyone because it fits the plot.

4. No one has explained to me how Thor teleported to Wakanda.
How did he know there is trouble in Wakanda.
Who told him.
No one in Wakanda contacted him and he doesnt know Thanos would be there.
Did anyone ever tell Thor that Wakanda existed..NO.
So how did he find it and how did he know to go there.
I guess the writers just wanna move the plot forward so let's just go with it.

5. Starlord lost his mind and went crazy to hasten Thanos victory cuz it fits the plot so let's just go with it. undecided

6. Thanos is a slowpoke.
Wiping out half of all life in the universe including plants and animal life which constitute the major resources for food is stupid.
Plants and animals resources he cut in half was not even enough in the first place to cater for the populace which is why he halved all life.
So if you are wiping out half of population and also half of plant and animal resources which is not even enough in the first place.
How did you achieve balance.
At the end of the day population still outweighs food resources.....still no balance undecided

7. Hulk is big green pussy because it fits the plot.

Let me stop here.

I'm tired embarassed

Lol. It is fiction and not reality. It is not supposed to make sense but relies on "the suspension of disbelief"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I beg to disagree.

I think the major problem causing the confusion is the word "Main/major Character"

As a protagonist can be a major character in a film, so also the antagonist can also be a major character in the movie.

So, being the main character does not make you a protagonist when you are carrying out a bad cause.

Lets take the Saw movie example, the main character is John Kramer but he was carrying out a bad cause hence he is the antagonist of the film not protagonist. Same for all the other movies listed there.

There are 3 basic plot to every story:
- Man against nature (natural disaster films)
- Man against man (traditional. Good guy vs bad guys... etcetera)
- Man against self (Same character playing both Protagonist and antagonist)

All the afforementioned films fall under number 3. Here's how:

- John Kramer aka Jigsaw Killer played both the protagonist and antagonist. He's the central figure the whole series revolved around. When he passed away, his protégés, Logan Nelson, took over both roles. https://sawfilms.fandom.com/wiki/Logan_Nelson
- In American Psycho, based on a true story, Patrick Bateman was the central figure of the film, as well as the villain. He was an organised psychopath, and as such, was never caught.
- In tv series, You, the central figure aka protagonist was a delusional murderous stalker. Also the main villain, hello.
- In Dexter, a blood spatter expert that works for the police during the day, and secretly moonlights as a serial killer at night, was the protagonist, and although there were multiple antagonists throughout the run of the show, was also the main antagonist.
- In There Will Be Blood, the story revolved around Daniel Plainveiw. He was later revealed through his villainous actions to also be the antagonist.
- In Momento Leonard was the protagonist, later revealed as the film's main antagonist.
- In Fight Club, the narrator was the protagonist, and later, it was revealed that he suffers from a split personality disorder, thus, making him and the antagonist (Brad Pit) one and the same person.
- In Infinity War, Thanos played both the principal character and main villain.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 25, 2019
mekaprime:

Finally my post brought the boss out, welcome sire. To me, I think the movie tried as much as possible to steer off the American politics & propaganda as much as possible. It was basically what happened & what didn't happen in Benghazi ( eg in reality no help came for those guys despite their numerous calls for help), and also an avenue to simply tell the story of those real life heroes, who went beyond the call of duty, performing extraordinary acts of courage and heroism, to avert tragedy on a much larger scale. it wasn't just any other movie, it was The story of what happened to these men and what they accomplished that very night.

well you said the sh.it ain't true right?? pls do enlightening me on what you think really happened.

How the hell should I know? All I'm trying to say is there are two sides to every story. What transpired in that film is a one-sided account told from the POV of the American diplomatic compound defenders. It could be skewed. The other sides have a very different story to tell, believe me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
Presently watching Hunter Killer, 1hr 10mins in and I haven't seen any fish or signs of aqualife.

Movie is interesting but I think the absence of sea animals is weird.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:09pm On Jan 25, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Presently watching Hunter Killer, 1hr 10mins in and I haven't seen any fish or signs of aqualife.

Movie is interesting but I think the absence of sea animals is weird.

I wonder how many fish live in frozen water
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 25, 2019
Did Arkansas take off from frozen water?

Besides is it only fish that live in the ocean?

I guess you were suffering from selective chronic blindness when you read signs of aqualife in my comment.

JeromeBlack:

I wonder how many fish live in frozen water
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:19pm On Jan 25, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Did Arkansas take off from frozen water?

Besides is it only fish that live in the ocean?

I guess you were suffering from selective chronic blindness when you read signs of aqualife in my comment.

You think that you are watching aquaman?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
i love this bromance grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: oyaskii(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.