Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,784 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3733857 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:02am On Jan 25, 2019
AHCB:
I refused rating this movie because it's a true story told one sided.

We only get to watch the American version or what transpired in Benghazi as told by people who want to sell lies and fairy tales.

Lol, which other side of the story do you wanna hear, the anti-American jihadi groups who orchestrated the attacks?? or Ahmed Abu Khattala side of the story

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 8:12am On Jan 25, 2019
alexistaiwo:
So what is your complaint about the secret soldiers of Benghazi again?

is your question rhetorical? tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 8:14am On Jan 25, 2019
mekaprime:

Lol, which other side of the story do you wanna hear, the anti-American jihadi groups who orchestrated the attacks?? or Ahmed Abu Khattala side of the story
the side where America didn't meddle in business that doesn't concern them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 8:16am On Jan 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Believe American media propaganda machine at your peril. The movie made Americans look good, and that sh*t ain't true.
Exactly what I was trying to state earlier on.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 8:20am On Jan 25, 2019
The House That Jack Built.

7.5/10.

What a really sick movie. To think a guy can murder all those people all in the name of looking for the perfect art makes me cringe.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:38am On Jan 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Believe American media propaganda machine at your peril. The movie made Americans look good, and that sh*t ain't true.

Finally my post brought the boss out, welcome sire. To me, I think the movie tried as much as possible to steer off the American politics & propaganda as much as possible. It was basically what happened & what didn't happen in Benghazi ( eg in reality no help came for those guys despite their numerous calls for help), and also an avenue to simply tell the story of those real life heroes, who went beyond the call of duty, performing extraordinary acts of courage and heroism, to avert tragedy on a much larger scale. it wasn't just any other movie, it was The story of what happened to these men and what they accomplished that very night.

well you said the sh.it ain't true right?? pls do enlightening me on what you think really happened.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:41am On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

You are a serious liar. Go back to your comment. You said "antagonist" not "protagonist".

Never question my ajebo status. Imagine this pako trying to ruin my reputation
Semantics bro. I said Thanos was not the antagonist. Him being the protagonist is obviously implied in that statement. Stop grasping at straws.
Anyways, Professor KoiceReloaded has already given y'all morning lectures. Lemme relax, cook Indomie and watch Aquaman.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:54am On Jan 25, 2019
AHCB:
the side where America didn't meddle in business that doesn't concern them.
You are going for the big picture here, which is politics. Yes I do agree America shouldn't have meddled with the Libya civil war, their involvement showed they had an ulterior motive. Notwithstanding the above, the movie was more centered on the heroic deeds of those men rather than the politics.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:36am On Jan 25, 2019
alexistaiwo:
KoiceReloaded

My G tongue

Ajebo KoiceReloaded is different from aje butter JeromeBlack cheesy

angry angry angry angry

Bleep you. I am the original ajebo grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:47am On Jan 25, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

A protagonist is a CENTRAL figure in a story, period, take it or leave it. It can take the form of a simple role (traditional) or a more complex one.

Antagonist CANNOT be central character, it's more of a side character, a supporting role. Antagonist by definition is an antonym of a protagonist (central figure) in a story. And yes, a protagonist can also double as an antagonist - it's difficult to pull off, but can be done. Thanos played a PRINCIPAL protagonistic role (I said principal, because there were minor protagonists too), but also doubled as the main villain. In the tv series Breaking Bad, the central figure, Walter White did the same.

You can learn from this if you want to, or continue to wallow in your ignorance, it's up to you. Bye.

Alexistaiwo, you are right, Koicereloaded is a true ajebo. But there remains a difference between a GRA Ikeja Ajebo and a Banana Island Ajebo.

Ajebo pass Ajebo.

That being said, I would like to know what the avengers are, if Thanos is the protagonist. Simple question
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

angry angry angry angry

Bleep you. I am the original ajebo grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:55am On Jan 25, 2019
Kaycee7:
Semantics bro. I said Thanos was not the antagonist. Him being the protagonist is obviously implied in that statement. Stop grasping at straws.
Anyways, Professor KoiceReloaded has already given y'all morning lectures. Lemme relax, cook Indomie and watch Aquaman.

Please, no vex. Abeg help me answer this question;

WHAT ARE THE AVENGERS IN "AVENGERS INFINITY WARS" IF THANOS IS THE PROTAGONIST?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 25, 2019
They are CO-PROTAGONISTS tongue

JeromeBlack:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abdurrazaq(m): 9:59am On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Sorry for this question: what would the avengers be doing in the movie without Thanos?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:13am On Jan 25, 2019
alexistaiwo:
They are CO-PROTAGONISTS tongue

Good.

Thanos- protagonist

Avengers- co-protagnists

Thanos's Henchmen (proxima midnight and Corvus Glaive)-

So the question now is what are Thanos's henchmen if Thanos himself is a protagonist

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:18am On Jan 25, 2019
abdurrazaq:

Sorry for this question: what would the avengers be doing in the movie without Thanos?

Fighting another villain.....*cough* Galactus.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 25, 2019
They are SUB-PROTAGONISTS smiley
JeromeBlack:

Good.

Thanos- protagonist

Avengers- co-protagnists

Thanos's Henchmen (proxima midnight and Corvus Glaive)-

So the question now is what are Thanos's henchmen if Thanos himself is a protagonist
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:26am On Jan 25, 2019
alexistaiwo:
They are SUB-PROTAGONISTS smiley

grin grin

So everyone now is a protagonist.

ISSOKAY!

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 10:32am On Jan 25, 2019
Aquaman: 9/10
The only reason why I didn't give it a 10 it's because there's some part of the plot that wasn't just jiving, but every other thing abt the movie was just awesome.

Bumblebee: 6/10 undecided
I like Michael bay's transformers better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 25, 2019
Didn't you get the memo? undecided

JeromeBlack:

grin grin

So everyone now is a protagonist.

ISSOKAY!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:35am On Jan 25, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Didn't you get the memo? undecided

Whatever, I'm still pained that you tried to take my ajebo swag and give it to Koice. I feel betrayed grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 25, 2019
You are still the aje butter na.

Koice is the ajebo.

Or do you want to be eating "ebo".
That's yoruba word for sacrifice cheesy

JeromeBlack:

Whatever, I'm still pained that you tried to take my ajebo swag and give it to Koice. I feel betrayed grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cliqtips: 11:05am On Jan 25, 2019
Now Available Mortal Engines on Net Stream App for FREE
: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viaviapp.nflix&hl=en

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cliqtips: 11:05am On Jan 25, 2019
Now Available Rood Hood on Net Stream App for FREE
: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viaviapp.nflix&hl=en

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:18am On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Secondary protagonists
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:29am On Jan 25, 2019
Kaycee7:
Secondary protagonists

So what do you call Thanos's henchmen?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:34am On Jan 25, 2019
alexistaiwo:
You are still the aje butter na.

Koice is the ajebo.

Or do you want to be eating "ebo".
That's yoruba word for sacrifice cheesy

Did you just assume that I do not understand Yoruba? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 11:40am On Jan 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 25, 2019
smiley

JeromeBlack:

Did you just assume that I do not understand Yoruba? grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 12:06pm On Jan 25, 2019
The Avengers though were many are the the main protagonists(emphasis on the s) while Thanos was the antagonist.

Marvel can call him the protagonist in the movie, but it is up for argument.

To me Thanos was never the central character of Infinity war, it was the Avengers. And it showed n the way they all came together, even the ones in hiding. But they were so many many that most of the avengers were reduced to side kicks.

I mentioned this after i finished watching it, most of these avengers are powerful but marvel useless them in this movie, they were so dull and stupid in the fights and their decisions.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2019
thanos is the central character of infinity war,the movie revolved around his ideology.

What would the avengers do to someone with multiple infinity stones undecided

oyetpel:
The Avengers though were many are the the main protagonists(emphasis on the s) while Thanos was the antagonist.

Marvel can call him the protagonist in the movie, but it is up for argument.

To me Thanos was never the central character of Infinity war, it was the Avengers. And it showed n the way they all came together, even the ones in hiding. But they were so many many that most of the avengers were reduced to side kicks.

I mentioned this after i finished watching it, most of these avengers are powerful but marvel useless them in this movie, they were so dull and stupid in the fights and their decisions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.