Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3727538 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by LastDance: 6:55am On Feb 22, 2019
A star is born 15/10

One of the few movies i have rated above 10 apart from what happened to Monday.

It's a musical, drama by Lady gaga and Bradley.

I have never been so in love with a movie that i had to watch it all over and all over again.

Lady gaga is a very very great talent, in fact she is one of the most talented woman in the entertainment industry in history.
From music to movies to series to influencing politics in America, she has conquered all.
And her voice is incredibly wonderful.

When i say that the entertainment industry in Nigeria is bullshiiit and crap, over zealous Nigerians that are suffering and smiling will start to attack me and this is why Nigeria is where she is today.

The problem of Nigeria are Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dreyl(m): 7:14am On Feb 22, 2019
Huntsman and the snow white
Polar
Beauty and the beast
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 22, 2019
You forgot to add The wannabe aje butters

So because you finally saved enough from your feeding allowance to watch a movie at the cinema, we should vote you in as the president tomorrow undecided

Omo arindin angry
JeromeBlack:
5 types of rude Nigerians in the cinema

I had the worst time watching Alita the battle angel today.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by LastDance: 7:39am On Feb 22, 2019
Nigeria needs to get their shiit together and upgrade the movie industry.

There is this south Africa soap opera that i used to watch in ETV about 11 years ago or there about.

Its titled Scandal.
I was so hooked up in the soap opera that i don't miss it, it's about a newspaper company.

Now if i can be so hooked up with scandal many years ago, why then will you tell me that Nollywood is the best in Africa?
Nigeria movie industry is just big for nothing and over hyped.

Nothing spectacular about it.

Anyone that watches ETV here about 12 years ago when they are still on mytv will agree with me that south Africa soap operas were the best.

I lost touch of scandal when ETV channel went out of air for months into another frequency.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:15am On Feb 22, 2019
alexistaiwo:
You forgot to add The wannabe aje butters

So because you finally saved enough from your feeding allowance to watch a movie at the cinema, we should vote you in as the president tomorrow undecided

Omo arindin angry

I always watch blockbuster movies at the cinema.

Ori.epon
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 22, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I dont know why Nigerians cannot keep quiet in the cinema hall.

1) The commenters- there were some idiots that were just analysing the movie in the cinema hall as if that is their day job. Very razz set of people with no manners. The worst was that they were mixing yoruba and english....so it was clear that they were very local. Alexistaiwo knows what I mean.

2) The unsupervised kids
Why would parents/teachers leave kids between ages (6-14) unsupervised in the cinema hall? These kids are so noisy. Worse is that the movie is rated above some of their ages. I also worry for our youth as clearly the teachers/parents have refused to teach them manners (cinema etiquette)

3) The Perambulators (aka wakabout/walk-abouts)
You would think that its is only children that roam about cinema halls but no, the adults roam too. Some go to buy food, urinate, receive calls and even usher in new friends into the cinema halls. Adults should know how to clear their schedule and urinate ahead of the movie time, so that they dont have to roam about when the movie has started. Children must be supervised/warned so that they dont roam.

In addition to roaming, some aSSsholes use their phone torchlights to blind those watching the movie.

4) The gisters
These are people who come with their friends or partners to gist during the movie. They are more interested in discussing with their partners than watching the movie. There are three types;

a) The romancing couple- rather than going to a hotel to have sex and bedroom talk, they will be gisting about their personal lives through what is happening in the movie.

b) The aSSshole group of friends usually guys who are part of the "lad culture". They want to show each other how cool they are to each other. They are usually commenters who try to show off their knowledge of film trivia of the film that is playing in the cinema hall

c) The work/play/church/school group these are usually work colleagues or church friends etc who come as a group and want everyone to notice their group.

5) The phone browsers
These are the ones that are not even interested in the movie. They are either there to waste time or maybe their ticket was paid for by another person. These people fail to realise how annoying the brightness of their phone is to others in a dark cinema hall. These people will browse throughout the movie. They are usually women for some reason unknown to me.

Please, can we stop these rude behaviours? I had to embarrass a couple today because I just could not take it. I told them to shut up and watch the film because everyone else paid the same money for their tickets. angry angry They shut up and kept quiet throughout the movie wink

cc mjbolt, ibkayee, olu4life, AHCB, Blackmanta, viking007, cao, kaycee7, hulk616

dont mind those DC fans are the ones always complaining about the movie, how theyve wasted money, and even using their phone touchlight to see a scene in the movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:33am On Feb 22, 2019
chillychill:

You are the real mvp, thanks. kiss
you are welcome. for the other movie, "God of cookery",I got it from a friend, though you can search YouTube for the movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:57am On Feb 22, 2019
JeromeBlack:

1) The commenters- there were some idiots that were just analysing the movie in the cinema hall as if that is their day job. Very razz set of people with no manners. The worst was that they were mixing yoruba and english....so it was clear that they were very local. Alexistaiwo knows what I mean.

2) The unsupervised kids
Why would parents/teachers leave kids between ages (6-14) unsupervised in the cinema hall? These kids are so noisy. Worse is that the movie is rated above some of their ages. I also worry for our youth as clearly the teachers/parents have refused to teach them manners (cinema etiquette)

You would think that its is only children that roam about cinema halls but no, the adults roam too. Some go to buy food, urinate, receive calls and even usher in new friends into the cinema halls. Adults should know how to clear their schedule and urinate ahead of the movie time, so that they dont have to roam about when the movie has started. Children must be supervised/warned so that they dont roam.

In addition to roaming, some aSSsholes use their phone torchlights to blind those watching the movie.

4) The gisters
These are people who come with their friends or partners to gist during the movie. They are more interested in discussing with their partners than watching the movie. There are three types;

a) The romancing couple- rather than going to a hotel to have sex and bedroom talk, they will be gisting about their personal lives through what is happening in the movie.

b) The aSSshole group of friends usually guys who are part of the "lad culture". They want to show each other how cool they are to each other. They are usually commenters who try to show off their knowledge of film trivia of the film that is playing in the cinema hall

c) The work/play/church/school group these are usually work colleagues or church friends etc who come as a group and want everyone to notice their group.

5) The phone browsers
These are the ones that are not even interested in the movie. They are either there to waste time or maybe their ticket was paid for by another person. These people fail to realise how annoying the brightness of their phone is to others in a dark cinema hall. These people will browse throughout the movie. They are usually women for some reason unknown to me.

Please, can we stop these rude behaviours? I had to embarrass a couple today because I just could not take it. I told them to shut up and watch the film because everyone else paid the same money for their tickets. angry angry They shut up and kept quiet throughout the movie wink

cc mjbolt, ibkayee, olu4life, AHCB, Blackmanta, viking007, cao, kaycee7, hulk616

As sad as it sounds bro, there's little to nothing we can do about it. No one customer owns the cinema and there really aren't any rules about side talks and phone use (except if you're trying to record the movie on camera). You would have to constitute some form of general nuisance to be booted from a Nigerian cinema. This is why I rarely go to the cinema on weekends. You're less likely to meet characters like this on a weekday.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 8:59am On Feb 22, 2019
Who's a mod here??... Or maybe a bot grin
Someone needs a permanent ban....

instead of rating movies and giving reviews in peace...he's busy digressing from the main subject in question into a spiteful, racist opinion angry angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:00am On Feb 22, 2019
LastDance:

When i say that the entertainment industry in Nigeria is bullshiiit and crap, over zealous Nigerians that are suffering and smiling will start to attack me and this is why Nigeria is where she is today.

Baba, how does A Star Is Born and Lady Gaga concern the Nigerian entertainment industry? It's starting to look like you're another attention seeking troll. Probably have to put you on ignore.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:01am On Feb 22, 2019
JeromeBlack:

2) The unsupervised kids

4) The gisters

5) The phone browsers

The last time I went to the cinema to watch a movie before this year was last two years and the movie was Bahubaali 2. Almost Everything you listed up there, I experienced it. Coupled with the fact that the film was below par, I stayed off cinemas for more than a year. Cinema goers in Nigeria are freaking annoying.

On that traumatic day, two love struck teenagers were seated in front of me, giggling, laughing and kissing like two fools that just experienced sex for the first time in their life. In short, I don't think I understood that movie. The best way to watch a movie for me is home alone, with nobody to freaking disturb me. The only movie I'm seeing again this year in the cinema is the concluding Avengers. I cannot cough out my hard earned money only for some nuisance to ruin my cinema experience.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:07am On Feb 22, 2019
Kaycee7:
As sad as it sounds bro, there's little to nothing we can do about it. No one customer owns the cinema and there really aren't any rules about side talks and phone use (except if you're trying to record the movie on camera). You would have to constitute some form of general nuisance to be booted from a Nigerian cinema. This is why I rarely go to the cinema on weekends. You're less likely to meet characters like this on a weekday.

It is a sad situation.

The best we can do is to spread awareness so that people know that it is wrong to be a noisemaker/nuisance in the cinema hall.

You never know the people you can change. For instance, I know that our friend, alexistaiwo (aka Kazeem Mukaila) is a yoruba ninja that wouldnt hesitate to act like an omo nile inside the cinema hall- however, after my post, he has seen the errors in his aje pako ways.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:14am On Feb 22, 2019
LastDance:
A star is born 15/10

I have never been so in love with a movie that i had to watch it all over and all over again.

Lady gaga is a very very great talent, in fact she is one of the most talented woman in the entertainment industry in history.
From music to movies to series to influencing politics in America, she has conquered all.
And her voice is incredibly wonderful.

Oga cam dan. Which one is 15/10??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 22, 2019
Who is your friend? undecided

Friend gbuo gi n'ebe ahu angry

JeromeBlack:

It is a sad situation.

The best we can do is to spread awareness so that people know that it is wrong to be a noisemaker/nuisance in the cinema hall.

You never know the people you can change. For instance, I know that our friend, alexistaiwo (aka Kazeem Mukaila) is a yoruba ninja that wouldnt hesitate to act like an omo nile inside the cinema hall- however, after my post, he has seen the errors in his aje pako ways.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2019
Beorn:

The last time I went to the cinema to watch a movie before this year was last two years and the movie was Bahubaali 2. Almost Everything you listed up there, I experienced it. Coupled with the fact that the film was below par, I stayed off cinemas for more than a year. Cinema goers in Nigeria are freaking annoying.

On that traumatic day, two love struck teenagers were seated in front of me, giggling, laughing and kissing like two fools that just experienced sex for the first time in their life. In short, I don't think I understood that movie. The best way to watch a movie for me is home alone, with nobody to freaking disturb me. The only movie I'm seeing again this year in the cinema is the concluding Avengers. I cannot cough out my hard earned money only for some nuisance to ruin my cinema experience.

Ah, a fellow victim of noisemakers in the cinema hall grin

I swear, it is a very painful experience. After paying 3,000 naira for movie ticket (which includes popcorn) and another 2,000 on top shawarma (that is 5k for one and 10k for two)!!!

That means I will pay 10k for me and my babe, only to be irritated by razz noisemakers in the cinema hall.

Please, let us spread awareness that it is bad manners to make noise or roam about in the cinema hall!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:25am On Feb 22, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Who is your friend? undecided

Friend gbuo gi n'ebe ahu angry

Kazeem Mukaila, must you always show that your agbero swag? It is like you have not eaten your daily akara and akamu from Iya Basira.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 22, 2019
Why eat akara and akamu when I can save cost and drink garri cool

Omo arindin cheesy

JeromeBlack:

Kazeem Mukaila, must you always show that your agbero swag? It is like you have not eaten your daily akara and akamu from Iya Basira.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:28am On Feb 22, 2019
hulk616:
dont mind those DC fans are the ones always complaining about the movie, how theyve wasted money, and even using their phone touchlight to see a scene in the movie.
But you love batman remember.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:28am On Feb 22, 2019
Kaycee7:
Baba, how does A Star Is Born and Lady Gaga concern the Nigerian entertainment industry? It's starting to look like you're another attention seeking troll. Probably have to put you on ignore.

Calm down.

I think what the guy is trying to say is that our entertainment industry (both nollywood and music industry) is mediocre but we act as if it is great.

I think he is trying to say that Lady Gaga's acting and singing skills put a lot of our artists to shame. See Banky W feeling as if he can act. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 10:32am On Feb 22, 2019
abeg,who ask you

JeromeBlack:

I swear, it is a very painful experience. After paying 3,000 naira for movie ticket (which includes popcorn) and another 2,000 on top shawarma (that is 5k for one and 10k for two)!!!

That means I will pay 10k for me and my babe,
only to be irritated by razz noisemakers in the cinema hall.

Please, let us spread awareness that it is bad manners to make noise or roam about in the cinema hall!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 22, 2019
Ishilove:

Oga cam dan. Which one is 15/10??
angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

O ka lara ni

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:41am On Feb 22, 2019
MJBOLT:
abeg,who ask you

Bros, no dey spoil market. I was trying to show ishilove that I am a big boy. cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 22, 2019
Raalsalghul:
But you love batman remember.
i dont love gotham!
but i like gotham tv series, because marvel/disney owns it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 10:44am On Feb 22, 2019
Ishilove wont fall for pop corn and shawarma,okpa and groundnut is her style

JeromeBlack:

Bros, no dey spoil market. I was trying to show ishilove that I am a big boy. cool

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:49am On Feb 22, 2019
MJBOLT:
Ishilove wont fall for pop corn and shawarma,okpa and groundnut is her style

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:52am On Feb 22, 2019
OrestesDante:
angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

O ka lara ni

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
o ma ya mi lenu ke
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:56am On Feb 22, 2019
JeromeBlack:

That means I will pay 10k for me and my babe, only to be irritated by razz noisemakers in the cinema hall.

Bro, even mine was ticket for two. Both of us never enjoyed the movie. I feel cheated till this day.

No matter of awareness will give people common sense. Some people are educated but lack common sense. I've already planned how I'll watch Avengers when it drops.

I'll ignore the first two weeks after the movie drops, because within that first two weeks, a lot pf people will be rushing in droves to go see it especially corpers and undergraduates. Then by the 3rd week, on a Friday (Saturday and Sunday are always the best time for movie goers) after work by 4pm, I'll rush down to the cinema and hopefully, only a handful of adult MALES will be around and I can get have some decorum while I enjoy my movie. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:08am On Feb 22, 2019
Beorn:

Bro, even mine was ticket for two. Both of us never enjoyed the movie. I feel cheated till this day.

No matter of awareness will give people common sense. Some people are educated but lack common sense. I've already planned how I'll watch Avengers when it drops.

I'll ignore the first two weeks after the movie drops, because within that first two weeks, a lot pf people will be rushing in droves to go see it especially corpers and undergraduates. Then by the 3rd week, on a Friday (Saturday and Sunday are always the best time for movie goers) after work by 4pm, I'll rush down to the cinema and hopefully, only a handful of adult MALES will be around and I can get have some decorum while I enjoy my movie. grin grin

Bros, why did you go and watch indian film?

Are you a Zee world lover
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 11:17am On Feb 22, 2019
JeromeBlack:

2) The unsupervised kids

4) The gisters

5) The phone browsers

Haha only annoying ones I’ve encountered are teenage girls who won’t shut up
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 11:24am On Feb 22, 2019
Wow. It's been long.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 11:25am On Feb 22, 2019
hulk616:
i dont love gotham!
but i like gotham tv series, because marvel/disney owns it.
Marvel/Disney does not own Gotham series.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 11:30am On Feb 22, 2019
LastDance:
A star is born 15/10

And her voice is incredibly wonderful.[/b]

[b]When i say that the entertainment industry in Nigeria is bullshiiit and crap, over zealous Nigerians that are suffering and smiling will start to attack me and this is why Nigeria is where she is today.

15/10? Just relax let me roll you another one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: TopeQs and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.