Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,985 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3789733 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) ... (3846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
shocked
DandeNumeruno:

Nottinghill....notebook....pirates stagnetti's revenge.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
LONE SURVIVOR...8/10
GENRE: Action, Biography, Drama

Lone Survivor stands as an outstanding authentic account of bravery and comradeship under fire, with acts of selflessness abounding, presented in a more humanistically, or compassionate way for those who gave their lives on a mission that was doomed from the start( left to me, i would have killed those boys & the old man, knowing fully well,one of 'em was gonna compromise my mission, if eventually let loose)......The kind of the kind of training these Navy S.E.A.Ls undergo is just too hellish & brutal, no wonder they are the best at what they do, go see these TV series, Surviving the Cut & Navy SEALs: BUDS Class 234 & you'll have an inkling of what am talking about.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
DandeNumeruno:

Nottinghill....notebook....pirates stagnetti's revenge .

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
mekaprime:
alexistaiwo:
shocked

why the reproach? the notebook is a solid movie. undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
mekaprime:
LONE SURVIVOR...8/10

Lone Survivor stands as an outstanding authentic account of bravery and comradeship under fire, with acts of selflessness abounding, presented in a more humanistically, or compassionate way for those who gave their lives on a mission that was doomed from the start( left to me, i would have killed those boys & the old man, knowing fully well,one of 'em was gonna compromise my mission, if eventually let loose)......The kind of the kind of training these Navy S.E.A.Ls undergo is just too hellish & brutal, no wonder they are the best at what they do, go see these TV series, Surviving the Cut & Navy SEALs: BUDS Class 234 & you'll have an inkling of what am talking about.
british s.a.s are better trained
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
IKON360:
who knows any nice movie I can suggest to mumsy to watch? Even if it has no fight just a good engrossing story that mumsy will enjoy

Mr Church
God's Not Dead 2014
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
mekaprime:

Mr Church
God's Not Dead 2014

God is not dead?

I lost brain cells watching that movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

This is how fools argue. Like I said earlier, there's no point arguing with someone that doesn't understand the fundamental aspects of martial arts. Bye, fool.

I have seen the fundamentals you have been able to lay out.
Now you have changed martial arts physics and mechanics to martial arts "maneuvers".
Spell out why you know change it from Physics and mechanics to maneuver, you can't.

Explains the physics and mechanics, you can't.
All you dish out is petty talk.
Showing just how empty you are on the subject, a common case study evades you, normally this is what you would have used to back up your claims, but instead it's links and YouTube.

You are very free to fool yourself, but keep the fooling to yourself.
You have no right to mislead people here,
anytime you come up with this nonsense theory about something that is as dangerous as martial arts, I will continue to call you out, And school you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
mekaprime:
LONE SURVIVOR...8/10

Careful now, that's a Mark Walberg movie you know.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IKON360(m): 10:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
mekaprime:

Mr Church God's Not Dead 2014
thanks, where to download God's not dead?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IKON360(m): 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2019
Ishilove:
Pretty Woman
thanks, does tfp.is have it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
IKON360:

thanks, does tfp.is have it?
I have no idea. I got mine from yts.ag
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IKON360(m): 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
Ishilove:
I have no idea. I got mine from yts.ag
does yts.ag have 480p or 720p?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
The Greatest showman is a fantastic movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kusherman: 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
Boon2TheDocks

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kusherman: 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Those people dey sing abeg

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
pryme:

I have seen the fundamentals you have been able to lay out.
Now you have changed martial arts physics and mechanics to martial arts "maneuvers".
Spell out why you know change it from Physics and mechanics to maneuver, you can't.

Explains the physics and mechanics, you can't.
All you dish out is petty talk.
Showing just how empty you are on the subject, a common case study evades you, normally this is what you would have used to back up your claims, but instead it's links and YouTube.

You are very free to fool yourself, but keep the fooling to yourself.
You have no right to mislead people here,
anytime you come up with this nonsense theory about something that is as dangerous as martial arts, I will continue to call you out, And school you.

School who? Ha! This fool got jokes. grin

Lemme lay this matter to rest since this idiot is obsessed with this physics and mechanic of a thing.

I bet you don't know that in martial arts, the practitioner is more important than the style. Since everyone has differing levels of fitness, it's important that the coordinator uses a person's strength to determine the martial art style that would suit them. If you take on a skill that doesn't suit your natural mechanics, you will not excel, that's a fact. "Fight to your strength" is the mantra of any reputable dojo. Bet you don't know that too.

ITB got it right at this by letting the actors fighting styles be influenced by their respective strengths and level of fitness. - The widow being a woman but very agile doesn't throw a punch, but uses quick thrusts and slices.
- Sonny being a wushu black belt holder in real life, naturally fights in wushu. Wushu is a skill that utilizes a lot of craw and chop manoeuvres, and when Sonny fights, you'll see this techniques in action.
- Bajie being a little hefty cannot move as deftly as the others, so uses dancing martial arts, since it's a mainly upper body fighting skill.
- Etc.

So as you can see, the fight mechanics/physics are based on real life principles. Do they use "film trick" sometimes? Of course they do, but at the core, the fundamentals are realistic.

Hope you learned something, Mr schooler.

From the empty posturings from you, it's obvious you don't understand the fundamental aspects of martial arts. Martial arts goes beyond flexibility, you muppet. It's way more than that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh/
Ladies and Gentlemen what are you waiting for...

By far my favorite song in that film.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 22, 2019
Kusherman:
Boon2TheDocks
Miss this show. Too bad it got cancelled.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
mekaprime:
LONE SURVIVOR...8/10

Incidentally, Mark Walhberg's only good movie since The Departed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by KingOfThePay(m): 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
The Professor and The Madman.

Movie has just Motivated me to up my Vocabulary game.

cc_Ishilove
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kusherman: 11:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Missed this show. Too bad it got cancelled.

Mcgruger says there'll be a season 5 to tackle Trump as president, r.Kelly golden showers again and Michael Jackson's case.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 23, 2019
Kusherman:

Mcgruger says there'll be a season 5 to tackle Trump as president, r.Kelly golden showers again and Michael Jackson's case.

So I've heard. At this point, it's a mere speculation. I'll become a believer when I see the first episode, lolz.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 12:17am On Apr 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh/
Ladies and Gentlemen what are you waiting for...

By far my favorite song in that film.

The name truly fits. It's d greatest.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 12:18am On Apr 23, 2019
Kusherman:

Those people dey sing abeg

Watching that Lady sing "never enough" almost made me cry.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 3:21am On Apr 23, 2019
pryme:

Careful now, that's a Mark Walberg movie you know.

LOLz.. in as much as i don't like his style of acting, i got to give it to him here. like all my previous post were I praise actors performance, I just couldn't do it here, cause of my dislike for him, but truth be told, he really wowed me with his act in that movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 3:23am On Apr 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Incidentally, Mark Walhberg's only good movie since The Departed.
Lolz.. I totally concur.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 3:43am On Apr 23, 2019
JeromeBlack:

God is not dead?

I lost brain cells watching that movie

Lolz.. I knew you would. Even I myself who isn't an atheist, saw some of the arguments as hogwash.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 3:46am On Apr 23, 2019
IKON360:
thanks, where to download God's not dead?
f z movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 7:19am On Apr 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

School who? Ha! This fool got jokes. grin

Lemme lay this matter to rest since this idiot is obsessed with this physics and mechanic of a thing.

I bet you don't know that in martial arts, the practitioner is more important than the style. Since everyone has differing levels of fitness, it's important that the coordinator uses a person's strength to determine the martial art style that would suit them. If you take on a skill that doesn't suit your natural mechanics, you will not excel, that's a fact. "Fight to your strength" is the mantra of any reputable dojo. Bet you don't know that too.

ITB got it right at this by letting the actors fighting styles be influenced by their respective strengths and level of fitness. - The widow being a woman but very agile doesn't throw a punch, but uses quick thrusts and slices.
- Sonny being a wushu black belt holder in real life, naturally fights in wushu. Wushu is a skill that utilizes a lot of craw and chop manoeuvres, and when Sonny fights, you'll see this techniques in action.
- Bajie being a little hefty cannot move as deftly as the others, so uses dancing martial arts, since it's a mainly upper body fighting skill.
- Etc.

So as you can see, the fight mechanics/physics are based on real life principles. Do they use "film trick" sometimes? Of course they do, but at the core, the fundamentals are realistic.

Hope you learned something, Mr schooler.

You seriously lack comprehension on what you are saying, that's because you don't know anything. Just because you see and read about martial arts doesn't mean you know it.

A swing, a punch, a sprint, a jump, requires body mechanics to carry out an effective execution effortlessly.

There is no mechanics or physics in existence that can make a man perform gravity defying jumps to the top of the building to execute a strike.
The is no physics or mechanics in existence that can make a man be faster than the speed of sound.

There is no physics or mechanics in existence that can make a man 'drag himself' across the floor from rest position without an external force.

You talk about dojo, (hallelujah - the birth place of all martial arts) I was surprise it took you this long. And from what you typed up there you have NEVER set foot in one, cos if you do, you would know the goal of the dojo is to strive for perfection and MASTER YOUR WEAKNESSES.

Pls share with us links and videos on how people can jump higher than 10 meters, or skid on the ground around the room, or fly across the room like Superman to perform a sword stroke, since your fight mechanics and physics are based on real life.

What I can tell with your post is you have no idea what fight physics or mechanics is, you don't know it's the mechanics that can determine if you can jump high or not, punch hard or not, kick hard or not.

Take the high jump for instance, no man can jump as high as 2.5 meters if they approach the bar head on, but what the someone did is change the mechanics where physics comes into play.
Everything that "moves" IN REAL LIFE employs the laws physics AND the use of mechanics.

of course you are not smart enough to know that you don't know that you are using the wrong words to compare ITB martial arts mechanics and physics to real life situations.

Pls I now need links and videos of real situations where this is possible, not your brainless opinion on this matter.
You either provide this links or videos or you take a hike and go write about you live and understand, NOT something you watch and read about BUT don't understand or ever experience it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 7:25am On Apr 23, 2019
Kusherman:
Boon2TheDocks

Greed is what killed this fantastic series.
The person that later bought the franchise wanted the producers to produce more episodes within a week, that was were it all went down hill.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 23, 2019
pryme:

You seriously lack comprehension on what you are saying, that's because you don't know anything. Just because you see and read about martial arts doesn't mean you know it.
Sheesh! See, this is why I rarely argue with stupid people, I strive to avoid gems like the one above. Nigga, how would you know anything about anything if you don't study them, huh? Do you honestly think a good number of professors that teach medicine courses in Universities ever stepped foot inside an operating room? You don't need to have a practical understanding of something to know the basic fundamentals of it, you half-wit. WTF?!

pryme:

A swing, a punch, a sprint, a jump, requires body mechanics to carry out an effective execution effortlessly.

There is no mechanics or physics in existence that can make a man perform gravity defying jumps to the top of the building to execute a strike.
The is no physics or mechanics in existence that can make a man be faster than the speed of sound.
You apparently missed where I said something about "film tricks". People like you have serious comprehension skills, so I'm not surprise.

pryme:

You talk about dojo, (hallelujah - the birth place of all martial arts) I was surprise it took you this long. And from what you typed up there you have NEVER set foot in one, cos if you do, you would know the goal of the dojo is to strive for perfection and MASTER YOUR WEAKNESSES.
Olodo, I don't need to step into one to know what goes on in there. We have pop culture to help us out in that regard. Next!

The fool couldn't even comprehend that "fighting to your strength" is a way of mastering ones inadequacies and using it to ones advantage. Haba!

pryme:

Pls share with us links and videos on how people can jump higher than 10 meters, or skid on the ground around the room, or fly across the room like Superman to perform a sword stroke, since your fight mechanics and physics are based on real life.
You couldn't even afford a miserly 200mb data to watch the YouTube videos I linked last night, and you want me to post another? Abeg, don't waste my time, you ignorant church rat.

pryme:

What I can tell with your post is you have no idea what fight physics or mechanics is, you don't know it's the mechanics that can determine if you can jump high or not, punch hard or not, kick hard or not.

Take the high jump for instance, no man can jump as high as 2.5 meters if they approach the bar head on, but what the someone did is change the mechanics where physics comes into play.
Everything that "moves" IN REAL LIFE employs the laws physics AND the use of mechanics.

of course you are not smart enough to know that you don't know that you are using the wrong words to compare ITB martial arts mechanics and physics to real life situations.

Meh. Like I said before, your mental faculty is limited. You will never get it. Next!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) ... (3846) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.