Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,339 members, 7,867,972 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3844334 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) ... (3866) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Well, I think he's just the plot conduit to the actual hero, the Harrison Ford's character.

Nux was neither a villain or a protagonist. He's a plot prop. A memorable plot prop, but a plot prop all the same.

Ok, fair enough on Nux not being a protagonist, but other examples abound; Loki went from a villain in Thor to a hero in Thor Ragnorak and Avengers Infinity War.

Not to mention Apollo fought Rocky thinking he was a chump in the original Rocky and treated him as such. For Apollo to come back from being a champ defeated by an unknown to take Rocky under his wing after Mick dies to get him his pride and title back is the perfect example of antagonist to protagonist.

What of Megamind that went from a villain to a hero?

An act or acts of kindness can turn an antagonist to a protagonist, a villian to a hero.

He's not just a conduit to Harrison Ford who's also a hero, he went from a villian to a hero as well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Jesus! I googled about the guy and found out that he is a real assshole! Damn!!

Beating up asians and hurling racist abuse at them? Golfing with Trump?

Mehn, I don't want to hate the guy as I relatively like him, so I'll try not to Google his disgusting side. What I don't know can't kill me, I guess.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Jesus! I googled about the guy and found out that he is a real assshole! Damn!!

Beating up asians and hurling racist abuse at them? Golfing with Trump?

The guy is a piece of _shit human being. Only those that don't know his racist history would still enjoy his films.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
Beorn:

Mehn, I don't want to hate the guy as I relatively like him, so I'll try not to Google his disgusting side. What I don't know can't kill me, I guess.

You'd probably like R. Kelly as well. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
Beorn:

Ok, fair enough on Nux not being a protagonist, but other examples abound; Loki went from a villain in Thor to a hero in Thor Ragnorak and Avengers Infinity War.

Not to mention Apollo fought Rocky thinking he was a chump in the original Rocky and treated him as such. For Apollo to come back from being a champ defeated by an unknown to take Rocky under his wing after Mick dies to get him his pride and title back is the perfect example of antagonist to protagonist.

What of Megamind that went from a villain to a hero?

An act or acts of kindness can turn an antagonist to a protagonist, a villian to a hero.

He's not just a conduit to Harrison Ford who's also a hero, he went from a villian to a hero as well.

Your arguments are solid. I concede.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The guy is a piece of _shit human being. Only those that don't know his racist history would still enjoy his films.

I was one of them. I actually like his films (except transformers, of course)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
Beorn:

Coward! grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I was one of them. I actually like his films (except transformers, of course)

Well, better late than never.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Wow...now that's a very smooth lie. grin
You know it.
I admit and deny nothing cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
JeromeBlack:

You'd probably like R. Kelly as well. grin grin

Not even gonna lie, I adore R. Kelly growing up. Right now, I have the Surviving R. Kelly documentary in my laptop but I can't bring myself to watch it before I hate someone I loved so much. I just cant. The documentary is lying fallow in my laptop. Don't blame me, I don't want to taint my musical memory of him.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Your arguments are solid. I concede.

First time I've seen you concede. cheesy I've got to savor this moment, it's a rare occurrence. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Coward! grin
I accept the tag on this particular issue. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2019
Beorn:

Not even gonna lie, I adore R. Kelly growing up. Right now, I have the Surviving R. Kelly documentary in my laptop but I can't bring myself to watch it before I hate someone I loved so much. I just cant. The documentary is lying fallow in my laptop. Don't blame me, I don't want to taint my musical memory of him.

Bro, try and watch it. Hiding your head under a pillow to keep yourself from seeing the truth won't make the truth go away. It will only make you an accessory after the fact. Google "Holocaust deniers."
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2019
Beorn:

I cut that niggas music from my life. Bloody molester.

And he was molesting young black girls!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2019
JeromeBlack:

He was molesting Aaliyah long before she died in a plane clash. Her ghost is probably relived that she got away from his predatory crummy fingers.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2019
Beorn:

First time I've seen you concede. cheesy I've got to savor this moment, it's a rare occurrence. grin

Lolz, don't get used to it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Exactly why I don't want to watch the documentary. Immediately I do, I may end up deleting his huge folder of music from my hard drive. I've gotten used to his good music's that I don't want to hate them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Bro, try and watch it. Hiding your head under a pillow to keep yourself from seeing the truth won't make the truth go away. It will only make you an accessory after the fact. Google "Holocaust deniers."

But I'm not denying he did it or didn't do it. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the criticism, I'm just trying to hold on to sensational musics he sang. Imagine me hating on If I Could Turn just because of the monster he was.

Abeg, let me enjoy the music while I still can.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2019
Beorn:

But I'm not denying he did it or didn't do it. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the criticism, I'm just trying to hold on to sensational musics he sang. Imagine me hating on If I Could Turn just because of the monster he was.

Abeg, let me enjoy the music while I still can.

You can hate him and still like his music. they are not mutually exclusive.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:12pm On Apr 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

You can hate him and still like his music. they are not mutually exclusive.

For me, if I hate him, the hatred will spiral into his music, definitely.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 23, 2019
Beorn:

For me, if I hate him, the hatred will spiral into his music, definitely.

Well. that would put you in the category of Holocaust deniers. Afraid to face the truth because you don't want it to disrupt your personal life.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Well. that would put you in the category of Holocaust deniers. Afraid to face the truth because you don't want it to disrupt your personal life.

Holocaust deniers deny that it never happened, right? I'm not denying that it didn't happen Kelly's case.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2019
Guardian of the Galaxy cool

JeromeBlack:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Guardian of the Galaxy cool

Starlord things
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2019
You are Groot tongue

JeromeBlack:

Starlord things
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
Beorn:

Exactly why I don't want to watch the documentary. Immediately I do, I may end up deleting his huge folder of music from my hard drive. I've gotten used to his good music's that I don't want to hate them.

That's a slave mentality.

You are the kind of guy that would work for a racist as long as the pay is good
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
Beorn:

Holocaust deniers deny that it never happened, right? I'm not denying that it didn't happen Kelly's case.

Then, watch the damn thing already. Since you know he's a bad guy, what have you got to lose? If you love his musics so much, just pretend it's not him. Just imagine that it's you that is behind those tracks. It's what I do whenever I play Bieber's tracks. I don't like guy cuz he's a punk, but I like his music.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Not almost. The fool figured it out, and was high on weed when he did. Oh, the irony. grin

The Cabin in The Woods is a hilarious horror mixed with elements of sci-fi. It's unique in that aspect.
how did he figure it out? He never knew what was going on until it was explained to him.

But menh they all got served Lol.

Sometimes I wonder the manner of sick fvck we have roaming free on the planet. If not for rules, we human are very very worse than animals.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:32pm On Apr 23, 2019
alexistaiwo:
You are Groot tongue

Groot is the most powerful guardians
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 7:32pm On Apr 23, 2019
JeromeBlack:

so he is only suppose to molest young white girls?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
J2381:
how did he figure it out? He never knew what was going on until it was explained to him.

But menh they all got served Lol.

Sometimes I wonder the manner of sick fvck we have roaming free on the planet. If not for rules, we human are very very worse than animals.

He had this theory that they were been watched. Others dismissed it on account of him being perpetually high. His friends thought it was crazy talk. Later he accidentally discovered a microphone or something like that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) ... (3866) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.