Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3758317 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
*sigh* SMH

*shudder*

O ga o. Someone is badly in need of counseling and therapy. This is beyond ordinary.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:33pm On Jun 14, 2019
To more edifying matters, I just watched The Illusionist.

I often pride myself on being able to identify heroes, villains and tricksters in many movies, but I definitely didn't see this ending at all. It was a total smackdown! cheesy cheesy

8/10

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Omoluabi16(m): 11:55pm On Jun 14, 2019
halalMACburger:

I truly wonder when we are going to get something like Avengers again.

x
I'm afraid we might never. It will be difficult for any of their stand alone movies, F4 or Xmen to beat it. Avengers was a breath of comic book fresh air. How they tied it in to the other movies was just brilliant. RDJ Scarjo and the others nailed it. Movies like Infinity war was just mental!
But the direction they're heading ehn..Apart for spider man and maybe BP, they don't appeal much to me.
Falcon as captain America.. mehn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Andersonjr(m): 11:58pm On Jun 14, 2019
The 100
The Umbrella Academy
Stranger Things
Swamp Thing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:11am On Jun 15, 2019
Andersonjr:
The 100
The Umbrella Academy
Stranger Things
Swamp Thing
Is Swamp Thing horror?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:13am On Jun 15, 2019
Now my innocuous post (just a meme) and a mention that I got are both hidden. Mehn, how people abuse power on the internet is inexplicable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 15, 2019
Omoluabi16:
I'm afraid we might never. It will be difficult for any of their stand alone movies, F4 or Xmen to beat it. Avengers was a breath of comic book fresh air. How they tied it in to the other movies was just brilliant. RDJ Scarjo and the others nailed it. Movies like Infinity war was just mental!
But the direction they're heading ehn..Apart for spider man and maybe BP, they don't appeal much to me.
Falcon as captain America.. mehn.

Dark Phoenix wasn't filmed by the studio that brought us The Avengers and whatnot, bro. MCU wasn't involved in any capacity at all. Rather, 20th Century Fox (the owners of the X-Men franchise) filmed Dark Phoenix.

The good news is now that Fox has merged with Disney, MCU will absorb X-Men, Deadpool, and other Marvel properties Fox acquired from Marvel back in the day.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Andersonjr(m): 7:21am On Jun 15, 2019
Ishilove:

Is Swamp Thing horror?
Yeah it's Super hero, Horror, Drama and Romance
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:38am On Jun 15, 2019
Andersonjr:
Yeah it's Super hero, Horror, Drama and Romance
Thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 15, 2019
Ishilove:

Is Swamp Thing horror?

Pako chick, use Google. Swamp thing is first and foremost a dc comics property. So your first question is do you like those dc TV shows.

It has an environmentalist bent

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/06/12/dc-issues-statement-on-swamp-things-cancellation-clarifying-exactly-nothing/

Aaaand its gone
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:59am On Jun 15, 2019
Beorn:
Now my innocuous post (just a meme) and a mention that I got are both hidden. Mehn, how people abuse power on the internet is inexplicable.

posting a meme that said 'fight will soon start' is not innocuous. encouraging a fight makes you an accessory after the fact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:26am On Jun 15, 2019
Heat 8.5/10

When De Niro and Al Paccino appear in a movie together you expect nothing short of astonishment. With a story that packs so much emotional punch, approached with engaging characteristics and dynamic principles, based on real life events, it's hard not to fall in love with this engrossing crime story.
It's not perfect nor exceptional but it carries it's own message and unique appeal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 8:28am On Jun 15, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
simple english is now a problem grin The DCEU and MCU are based on canon storylines from the comics although they may not be accurate that sentence means the the DCEU and MCU may not be accurate compared to the source material.

crossovers are not canon that one is an established fact

Another trap that you nestled in nicely obviously you are being smart by half and you know nothing of what you are talking about.
Where you are around in the late 60s and 70s to know what a canon is?

"crossovers are not canon that one is an established fact"

Really?

dont worry i wont ask you to click on a link I will paste the excepts of the content here since my links scares you

In comic books, an intercompany crossover (also called cross-company or company crossover) is a comic or series of comics where characters that at the time of publication are the property of one company meet those owned by another company (for example, DC Comics' Superman meeting Marvel's Spider-Man, or DC's Batman meeting Marvel's Wolverine). These usually occur in "one-shot" issues or miniseries.

Some crossovers are part of canon. But most are outside of the continuity of a character's regular title or series of stories. They can be a joke, a gag, a dream sequence, or even a "what if" scenario (such as DC's Elseworlds).

Source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercompany_crossover

am just toying with you using rebuttals.
And you just falling for every trap.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 15, 2019
In a dystopian mood. smiley

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 8:31am On Jun 15, 2019
this one still carry matter of last week for im head like gala,that L must have given you sleepless nights.which kain joblessness be this.

pryme:

Another trap that you nestled in nicely obviously you are being smart by half and you know nothing of what you are talking about.
Where you are around in the late 60s and 70s to know what a canon is?

"crossovers are not canon that one is an established fact"

Really?

dont worry i wont ask you to click on a link I will paste the excepts of the content here since my links scares you

In comic books, an intercompany crossover (also called cross-company or company crossover) is a comic or series of comics where characters that at the time of publication are the property of one company meet those owned by another company (for example, DC Comics' Superman meeting Marvel's Spider-Man, or DC's Batman meeting Marvel's Wolverine). These usually occur in "one-shot" issues or miniseries.

Some crossovers are part of canon. But most are outside of the continuity of a character's regular title or series of stories. They can be a joke, a gag, a dream sequence, or even a "what if" scenario (such as DC's Elseworlds).

Source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercompany_crossover

am just toying with you using rebuttals.
And you just falling for every trap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:33am On Jun 15, 2019
DandeNumeruno:

posting a meme that said 'fight will soon start' is not innocuous. encouraging a fight makes you an accessory after the fact.

How does posting a meme that said fight will soon start "encourage" a fight THAT HAD ALREADY BEGUN?

Help explain that. I'm patiently waiting.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:34am On Jun 15, 2019
DandeNumeruno:

How exactly does "fight will soon start" encourage fighting and make someone accessory to the fact?
How is a post indicating that some individuals are about to fight exactly harmful? Who, if I may ask could such a post possibly harm?

Can you break it down for me? Because I can't even make sense of what you are trying to convey here.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:43am On Jun 15, 2019
losprince:

How exactly does "fight will soon start" encourage fighting and make someone accessory to the fact?
How is a post indicating that some individuals are about to fight exactly harmful? Who, if I may ask could such a post possibly harm?

Can you break it down for me? Because I can't even make sense of what you are trying to convey here.

you cheerleadered....it makes you a stakeholder in the fight. an innocent bystander doesn't post a suggestive meme in a middle of an ongoing duel. you're guilty and deserved to have your post hidden. stop playing the victim.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:44am On Jun 15, 2019
losprince:

I swear down, the guy's post really left me speechless. I couldn't believe he wrote the nonsense at first, that's why I asked him to explain how it encourages fight that's going on.

Ask him to bring up a rule that is against people posting meme, and he'd go numb. If someone post a meme that didn't insult a tribe or any Nairalander, and another person decide to foolishly fight coz of it, how is the meme poster at fault? Did my meme insult anybody? Arrgghh!! Some reasoning sha. SMH.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:44am On Jun 15, 2019
Beorn:

How does posting a meme that said fight will soon start "encourage" a fight THAT HAD ALREADY BEGUN?

Help explain that. I'm patiently waiting.

you played a cheerleader. it makes a stakeholder. in a court of law, you're an accessory after the fact.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:47am On Jun 15, 2019
DandeNumeruno:

you cheerleaded.... it makes you a stakeholder in the fight. an innocent bystander doesn't post a suggestive meme in a middle of an ongoing duel. you're guilty and deserved to have your post hidden. stop playing the victim.

Which rule is that? I'm curious to know.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:49am On Jun 15, 2019
DandeNumeruno:

you played a cheerleader. it makes a stakeholder. in a court of law, you're an accessory after the fact.

Can you state the Nairaland rule it broke. I want to know where this your rule comes from. Another Nairaland or your own Nairaland?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:49am On Jun 15, 2019
Beorn:

I swear down, the guy's post really left me speechless. I couldn't believe he wrote the nonsense at first, that's why I asked him to explain how it encourages fight that's going on.

Ask him to bring up a rule that is against people posting meme, and he'd go numb. If someone post a meme that didn't insult a tribe or any Nairalander, and another person decide to foolishly fight coz of it, how is the meme poster at fault? Did my meme insult anybody? Arrgghh!! Some reasoning sha. SMH.

a little maturity will go a long way. what were you trying to prove by posting a childish instigative meme? now that your post is rightfully hidden, you've turned to play the innocent bystander. mtchew.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:50am On Jun 15, 2019
Beorn:

Can you state the Nairaland rule it broke. I want to know where this your rule comes from. Another Nairaland or your own Nairaland?

you deliberately broke rule 2 and 3.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:51am On Jun 15, 2019
DandeNumeruno:

a little maturity will go a long way. what were you trying to prove by posting a childish instigative meme. now that your post is rightfully hidden, you've turned to play the innocent bystander. mtchew.

I take it that since you can't bring up any rule against my meme, you then have to slander me with a non-existent rule?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:54am On Jun 15, 2019
DandeNumeruno:

you deliberately broke rule 2 and 3.

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

3. Don't threaten, support or DEFEND violent acts against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group (e.g. rape).

How does a "fight will soon start" break the rule above?

No offense, but you have comprehension issues if my meme is seen as DEFENDING A VIOLENT ACT OR INSULTING A NAIRALANDER OR THEIR TRIBES.

Whose tribe was insulted by the meme? Goodness gracious!! The kind of humans we seevob the internet.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2019
Beorn:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

3. Don't threaten, support or DEFEND violent acts against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group (e.g. rape).

How does a "fight will soon start" break the rule above?

No offense, but you have comprehension issues if my meme is seen as DEFENDING A VIOLENT ACT OR INSULTING A NAIRALANDER OR THEIR TRIBES.

Whose tribe was insulted by the meme? Goodness gracious!! The kind of humans we seevob the internet.

if you cannot see why you broke the rule, then you're more mischievous than I thought. have a good day.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 8:56am On Jun 15, 2019
If you check closer, don't be surprised to find out that the guy is an APC supporter.

They can rationalise rubbish for Africa smiley
Beorn:

Which rule is that? I'm curious to know.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2019
DandeNumeruno:

if you cannot see why you broke the rule, then you're more mischievous than I thought. have a good day.

Sorry to say this, but your rebuttal is very dumb. Explain who or whose tribe I insulted, and the violent act I defended. Don't go, explain your rubbish post.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleek(m): 8:58am On Jun 15, 2019
There will always be people who will support mods no matter the scenario. Just leave it at that

(1) (2) (3) ... (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.