Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1565) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3726987 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
joseph1832:
Wow. I didn't even know The Dark Knight Rises made over a billion dollars. Lawd. And here some marvel fan boys make it look like the movie didn't even make 100,000 Naira in the box office.

I forgot to mention The Dark Knight also made over a billion dollars also. Wow. shocked

Yea, that's how it is.

The Dark Knight and the Dark Knight rises were the first superhero movies to gross 1bn+. It's what started the superhero craze these days in pop culture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2019
armadeo:
How come no comments on far from home

Lol. We are waiting for 2 months time to watch it via Downloads. Then u will see our review grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Now you can understand how I felt about the fact debate. cheesy

LMAO. That fact debate was serious mind fuckery. Some people's definition of fact makes u confused and start to wonder if u really understand the meaning of facts. grin cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2019
abduleez1:

Yea, that's how it is.

The Dark Knight and the Dark Knight rises were the first superhero movies to gross 1bn+. It's what started the superhero craze these days in pop culture.
undecided undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I don't relish asian movies, but I'm not averse to the occasional horror. If there is one genre they do better than Hollywood, it's horror. The trailer looks good.

I hold same view here. But one thing though, u said Asians (Koreans I guess) do horrors better than Hollywood? Really? I Didn't know that.

But A train to Busan really opened my eyes, it was the best Zombie film I've ever watched, funny thing is I hate Zombie movies, although I kind of liked it when I was younger. It was emotional and realistic. One of the reasons I don't watch the walking Dead. Zombie movies seem mostly boring, repetitive to me. Plainly just jump scare. Almost all horror movies to me seem the same just different plot.

It was after watching Conjuring 2 I begin to grow my interest in Horror movies. It was really scary to me back then. But now if watch it again it gonna look funny. I specifically prefer Supernatural or haunted house Horror to slasher, zombie, body horrors and all that. That's y I like the Conjuring universe maybe cos of our African beliefs and all that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Logic007: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Peasant, this is not a pissing contest, for if it were, you're sadly ill equipped with a small dick and a feeble output.

Toyota produce more vehicles than Ferrari every year, but it doesn't infer that Ferrari is a dying brand, does it? Toyota produce more cars because it has a larger customer base on the account of being economical and user friendly. Toyota cars are just easier to maintain, and cost less to acquire. Basically, it's a high floor, low ceiling kinda brand. It's not a brand that will blow your mind, but will suffice.

Meanwhile, Ferrari is low floor, high ceiling in that it's a premium brand, harder to maintain and cost much more. It will blow your mind. It's at the top of the food chain.

Any car enthusiast will rather have a Ferrari than a Toyota, this is a fact... but since we can't always afford what we want, many would settle for an inferior Toyota brand.

Now substitute Ferrari for PC gaming, and Toyota for Console gaming, and give yourself a knock on the head for being foolish enough to bring a knife to a machine gun fight.

Now, run away peasant.

Your analogy fails quite hard.

The ps4 is not only a masterpiece, it has some luxury offerings of it's own.

How many PCs or gaming laptops come with blu ray drives? Ps4 comes with that.

Even the most popular PC gaming brand alienware does not always come with a blu ray drive.

Then let's talk about memory. Ps4s come with 500gig to 1tb of space. Alienware comes default with 256gig and you pay more for more memory up to 2tb.

Claiming that PCs are luxury stuff is a lie. Even your luxury brands for PC are lacking certain luxury features.

Furthermore. I'd rather pick a toyota land cruiser over any Ferrari given that I love off road driving. I drove a land rover in a farm once and I love the feeling.

I hope you know that Toyota owns lexus and there are lexus models that are as expensive and more efficient than ferrari models?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Logic007: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:

Kazeem and his ignorance.

Sit back and learn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Logic007: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

- First, get an ad blocker. Ad blocker will help block a bunch of things that appear legit, but are malwares. I recommend Ublock. It's a chrome extension.
- 2nd, use an anti-virus. A paid one, not those cracked pish. I recommend Bitdefender. Reliable and easy to use.
- Install a few programs like Super Anti-spyware, CCleaner and Revo uninstaller, and run them once a week. These programs are going to clean up any virus, and get rid of temporary files that build up on your computer.
- Always use trusted websites and torrents sites.

Trusted torrent sites like what? Rarbg? Thepiratebay? Fake kicks torrent sites?

There is no safe torrent site. That is an oxymoron. It is like arguing that there is honour among thieves (pirates).

Also, look at all the precautions you are taking against viruses. I dont suffer these rules on my ps4. You just made my point.

Who is the peasant now?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hopefulLandlord: 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
realestniggah:

Please very unrealistic.. There is only so much bullet, stab wounds , and beating a man can survive..

You watch action films for its "Realism"?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

As in. Wu Assassins is a flippin disappointment.

I'm currently on Handmaid's Tale season 3. A slow but gripping dystopian tale.

That said, you're right. It's a bit of a dry spell. Thank God for FIFA 19.

LMAO. Thank God I didn't run along to download it. I wasn't feeling the trailer that much. Seriously, is it that bad? Ala Iron fist?

Maybe my next series gonna be Swamp Thing then since am through with Titans, after that Krypton. Titans wasn't that bad as ppl painted it to be. I kinda enjoyed it, and their was more action compared to Doom Patrol.
Doom Patrol still retains best superhero series for 2019 closely followed by The Boys.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Thanks to the thread's lab rats for giving feedback.

I was thinking of downloading Wu assassins this evening after watching Liverpool vs Chelsea grin

Lol. I dey laugh die here. I nearly download it yesternight, but one mind dey tell me wait small, wait first just as I did the Boys and I wasn't disappointed. grin grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Don't mind me. It's a great supernatural + martial arts TV series. Download it, you won't regret it, I promise.

Are you trying to confuse us to download it. If I download crap baba na vex I dey ooo. No be u say e no make sense. Or it didn't meet ur expectations?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Logic007: 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:
It is better to keep quiet than open your mouth and talk trash disgracing your ancestors in the process.

That advice is left for you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
⚡⚡

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2019
Your thought is real smiley

KoiceReloaded:

As in. I thought I was going crazy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hopefulLandlord: 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2019
Logic007:

Trusted torrent sites like what? Rarbg? Thepiratebay? Fake kicks torrent sites?

There is no safe torrent site. That is an oxymoron. It is like arguing that there is honour among thieves (pirates).

Also, look at all the precautions you are taking against viruses. I dont suffer these rules on my ps4. You just made my point.

Who is the peasant now?

"Safe torrent sites" can only be uttered by the ignorant who doesn't know what torrenting entails. They're all filled with viruses

In fact when I used to game more on PC there are many times I has to disable my antivirus in order to install a game I used gibabytes of data to download. Many of them even come with a notepad that contains installation instructions which contains words like "Disable your antivirus before installing" or "when antivirus detects (some strange name file) instruct it to ignore it"

Also the person you're arguing with would do himself a world of favour by reading about the most destructive malwares in history. he should read about companies losing huge amount of monies due to malware infestation then argue that those companies were using cracked version of antimalware or didn't use the gobbledygook tactics he uses on his own PC.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

"Safe torrent sites" can only be uttered by the ignorant who doesn't know what torrenting entails. They're all filled with viruses

In fact when I used to game more on PC there are many times I has to disable my antivirus in order to install a game I used gibabytes of data to download. Many of them even come with a notepad that contains installation instructions which contains words like "Disable your antivirus before installing" or "when antivirus detects (some strange name file) instruct it to ignore it"

Also the person you're arguing with would do himself a world of favour by reading about the most destructive malwares in history. he should read about companies losing huge amount of monies due to malware infestation then argue that those companies were using cracked version of antimalware or didn't use the gobbledygook tactics he uses on his own PC.

now you are talking like a computer illiterate -
even legit software distributors often advise that you disable your antivirus to have hitch free installations

go to any autodesk forum. the first response to complaints about installation hitches is 'have you disabled your antivirus?

kaspersky will not let apps in a giveawayoftheday wrapper install. it sees their thermida protection as a virus
there is something called a false flag - diffeent apps get flagged by antiviruses - some will not even install for the same reason
that is why you have virus total for a holistic scan of executables - it will tell you how many antivirus have flagged an app as unsafe

let me show you something very funny

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20080718/1117121722.shtml

Ubisoft, one of the larger video gaming companies out there, has a somewhat troubled history of overburdening its games with awful DRM. And, as with most DRM systems, the people it tends to hurt most are the legitimate purchasers who somehow run afoul of whatever DRM rules are in place. In this case, the Ubisoft game Rainbow Six: Vegas2 (R6V2) had some DRM that would check to see if the physical media (CD-ROM) was in the drive before it would let you play. Unfortunately, Ubisoft also offered the game as a download via IGN's Direct2Drive store. They had set it up so this would work even without the actual CD, but a recent patch didn't take that into account, and broke the game for anyone who had purchased it via D2D.

So, what does Ubisoft do? It releases a patch that isn't actually a "patch" but a well known crack that it downloaded off the internet. As TorrentFreak points out at the link, according to the way companies like Ubisoft look at things, it "stole" someone else's code and passed it off as its own. And, of course, there's the somewhat delicious irony that it didn't just "steal" any code for its own use, but the very code that companies like Ubisoft insist is evil, immoral and illegal. Except, of course, when Ubisoft is in desperate need of it, apparently.

this actually happened. ubisofts drm was messing up their game, so they officially released the cracked executable for their game grin grin

it is funny, but unfortunately, a lot of the time, it is just easier and more straightforward to pirate software

i have plants vs zombies garden warfare 2
. the game stops immediately there is any hiccup in the internet connection. if i had a cracked version - no story.

also, warez do not come with a notepad - they come with an nfo file. get an nfo viewer. it is these simple things that give you away as a noob's noob.

there are multiple cracking groups out there - skid-row, xfo-rce, etc. they take releasing reliable, safe cracks as a matter of pride. sometimes, in their nfos, they knock and diss imitators. what can happen is that some others can take their crack and bundle it with malware. this is why you have to search for your cracks very very carefully. you must also understand that gaming companies will collaborate with antivirus vendors to flag cracks as malware

what you are better off doing is avoiding cracks from indian or chinese hacker groups. indians have the same poverty mentality as Nigerians. you sometimes see them demanding to be paid to use their forums.

if you are really scared, then you test the crack in a sandbox or virtual machine. windows 10 1903 has one baked in
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gidah: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
This forum full of nerds

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2019
nani667:
⚡⚡

So na now u know that one. Old news grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Speakout03, emojay(m), TopeQs and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.