Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3757355 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Gidah:
This forum full of nerds

I swear. See nerd-talk. I think say I be geek at times, but I Twale for this my Gees. Cc Ornicus, Koicereloaded.
If no be say i be tech Geek myself I for loss.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2019
ornicus:

now you are talking like a computer illiterate -
even legit software distributors often advise that you disable your antivirus to have hitch free installations

go to any autodesk forum. the first response to complaints about installation hitches is 'have you disabled your antivirus?

kaspersky will not let apps in a giveawayoftheday wrapper install. it sees their thermida protection as a virus
there is something called a false flag - diffeent apps get flagged by antiviruses - some will not even install for the same reason
that is why you have virus total for a holistic scan of executables - it will tell you how many antivirus have flagged an app as unsafe

let me show you something very funny

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20080718/1117121722.shtml

this actually happened. ubisofts drm was messing up their game, so they officially released the cracked executable for their game grin grin

it is funny, but unfortunately, a lot of the time, it is just easier and more straightforward to pirate software

i have plants vs zombies garden warfare 2
. the game stops immediately there is any hiccup in the internet connection. if i had a cracked version - no story.

also, warez do not come with a notepad - they come with an nfo file. get an nfo viewer. it is these simple things that give you away as a noob's noob.

there are multiple cracking groups out there - skid-row, xfo-rce, etc. they take releasing reliable, safe cracks as a matter of pride. sometimes, in their nfos, they knock and diss imitators. what can happen is that some others can take their crack and bundle it with malware. this is why you have to search for your cracks very very carefully. you must also understand that gaming companies will collaborate with antivirus vendors to flag cracks as malware

what you are better off doing is avoiding cracks from indian or chinese hacker groups. indians have the same poverty mentality as Nigerians. you sometimes see them demanding to be paid to use their forums.

if you are really scared, then you test the crack in a sandbox or virtual machine. windows 10 1903 has one baked in

Baba I Twale, so u also play PvZ 2. I am yet to get the garden warfare update yet. Although I play mine on my smartphone. I haven't played it for almost 2 weeks now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Logic007: 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

"Safe torrent sites" can only be uttered by the ignorant who doesn't know what torrenting entails. They're all filled with viruses

In fact when I used to game more on PC there are many times I has to disable my antivirus in order to install a game I used gibabytes of data to download. Many of them even come with a notepad that contains installation instructions which contains words like "Disable your antivirus before installing" or "when antivirus detects (some strange name file) instruct it to ignore it"

Also the person you're arguing with would do himself a world of favour by reading about the most destructive malwares in history. he should read about companies losing huge amount of monies due to malware infestation then argue that those companies were using cracked version of antimalware or didn't use the gobbledygook tactics he uses on his own PC.

Dont mind them.

Simple Google will tell you that majority of cracked games and software contain malicious codes and viruses.

Nonsense.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2019
Hobbs & Shaw
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by friendlyadvice: 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
pryme:
I wonder who sent them to coin a plot where Thanos destroyed all the Infinity Stones, who send them go that side angry angry
grin hehe you wanna hear a secret?

They put that there so they can retcon the infinity stones to have gamna rays that was not in infinity war, you know just in case they need to kill off a certain superhero made of iron wink wink
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
John wick 3 0/10
What a piece of trash. angry
When the bad guys has space to shoot, they will come with knives undecided undecided
Catwoman should have died before the 1 hour Mark
Waste of MB
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by realestniggah: 7:20am On Aug 16, 2019
hulk616:
John wick 3 0/10
What a piece of trash. angry
When the bad guys has space to shoot, they will come with knives undecided undecided
Catwoman should have died before the 1 hour Mark
Waste of MB

I awas saying earlier.. John wick fight scene are trash.. He came so close to death so Many times and survived.. Absolute trash.

How he was able to kill so many people wearing bullet proof amoured vest and kill so many guys with sword I don't understand.. Even when they had chance to kill him they won't kill him.. You can see them always holding back.. Terrible fight scenes..

Even the bike scene he could have died.. They could have shoot him so many times on that bike.. But somehow he survived that.. Smh
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 8:04am On Aug 16, 2019
friendlyadvice:

grin hehe you wanna hear a secret?

They put that there so they can retcon the infinity stones to have gamna rays that was not in infinity war, you know just in case they need to kill off a certain superhero made of iron wink wink

Now ain't that something.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:16am On Aug 16, 2019
pryme:

Now ain't that something.

How does that work?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 16, 2019
realestniggah:

I awas saying earlier.. John wick fight scene are trash.. He came so close to death so Many times and survived.. Absolute trash.

How he was able to kill so many people wearing bullet proof amoured vest and kill so many guys with sword I don't understand.. Even when they had chance to kill him they won't kill him.. You can see them always holding back.. Terrible fight scenes..

Even the bike scene he could have died.. They could have shoot him so many times on that bike.. But somehow he survived that.. Smh
Asin the movie was trash.
John wick was surrounded by 4 armed men with body armor and automatic weapons and he had time to reload. undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by realestniggah: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2019
hulk616:
Asin the movie was trash.
John wick was surrounded by 4 armed men with body armor and automatic weapons and he had time to reload. undecided

Found a more comprehensive review on goggle

The action sequences in this movie were over the top and way to unbelievable.

WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The first John Wick movie was great because audiences believed a single man could get the jump on a small group of mobsters in tight quarters with bystanders running around.

This third entry in the John Wick series had too many sequences where the odds of John surviving were too improbable.

I was already frustrated after only 15 minutes. The very first assassin John encounters is one of the tallest people in the world. FYI, very tall people don't blend well in crowds and would quickly be caught by police. John somehow manages to win a fist fight with the would be super tall assassin even though John has been running all over New York on foot appears to be exhausted, especially since he was recently shot. Keep in mind, John just pulled a book with a hidden compartment. I would have believed John could have killed the guy, if he left a gun in the book.

The rest of the movie had multiple sequences where people continue to help John even though it could mean a death sentence for them. These people are punished severely and many people are killed in the process as part of the punishment.

This is where I was totally lost in the movie. All the assassins work for a group called "The High Table". They all have access to guns. These assassins are supposed to be the best of the best, but somehow none of them seem to want to organize an attack. They come at John one by one, "out of respect for John" and keep giving him extra chances to win.

Additionally, John gets into several gun fights where there is no way so many people from different angles with assault rifles wouldn't accidentally shoot John via richochet.

There was one scene where John is being chased by assassins on motorcycles. They somehow catch up to John, but instead of all the assassins pulling out guns, they choose to get into fist and sword fights with John while riding motorcycles and, yet again, he survives and escapes.

There was another scene where, and keep in mind all the assassins are trying to win the $14 million contract on John Wick, two assassins give John multiple chances to keep coming back for another round. Who would do that?

Finally, John has to fight a bunch of guys in full military body armour. Once again, they are supposed to be assassins with military training and moving as a group. John manages to get all of them one by one. I would have believed John would have won if the entire hotel was rigged with explosives and most of the guys were killed in the explosions.

The John Wick movies are praised for their realism and long takes of action sequences. However, if the speed of movements isn't fast enough, it is entirely possible to see the fight choreography. There were at least two moments where Keanu puts his arms up to protect his face even though the guy hadn't even started moving his leg yet.

The fight scenes were also too long. Again, having one man take on 6 baddies is possible, given the right circumstances. One man taking on 20, then two fist fights, the man would be exhausted.

Also, bystanders in the John Wick universe don't seem to notice anything going on around him. In one sequence, John is fighting guys while on horseback down a busy street. This is supposed to be New York City. A person can't get that far without a few cops being alerted. There was also a scene where 4 assassins were stabbed and killed in the middle of Penn Station. Again, no one even reacts even though the terminal appears to be very busy.

John Wick is a series of movies about assassins, operating in the shadows. John is referred to as the boogeyman in the first movie. This third chapter appears to throw out all of that and switch to all out giant gun fights, except where guns are mysteriously inconvenient so everybody switches to knives and swords.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 16, 2019
realestniggah:

The first John Wick movie was great because audiences believed a single man could get the jump on a small group of mobsters in tight quarters with bystanders running around.

This third entry in the John Wick series had too many sequences where the odds of John surviving were too improbable.

I was already frustrated after only 15 minutes. The very first assassin John encounters is one of the tallest people in the world. FYI, very tall people don't blend well in crowds and would quickly be caught by police. John somehow manages to win a fist fight with the would be super tall assassin even though John has been running all over New York on foot appears to be exhausted, especially since he was recently shot. Keep in mind, John just pulled a book with a hidden compartment. I would have believed John could have killed the guy, if he left a gun in the book.

The rest of the movie had multiple sequences where people continue to help John even though it could mean a death sentence for them. These people are punished severely and many people are killed in the process as part of the punishment.

This is where I was totally lost in the movie. All the assassins work for a group called "The High Table". They all have access to guns. These assassins are supposed to be the best of the best, but somehow none of them seem to want to organize an attack. They come at John one by one, "out of respect for John" and keep giving him extra chances to win.

Additionally, John gets into several gun fights where there is no way so many people from different angles with assault rifles wouldn't accidentally shoot John via richochet.

There was one scene where John is being chased by assassins on motorcycles. They somehow catch up to John, but instead of all the assassins pulling out guns, they choose to get into fist and sword fights with John while riding motorcycles and, yet again, he survives and escapes.

There was another scene where, and keep in mind all the assassins are trying to win the $14 million contract on John Wick, two assassins give John multiple chances to keep coming back for another round. Who would do that?

Finally, John has to fight a bunch of guys in full military body armour. Once again, they are supposed to be assassins with military training and moving as a group. John manages to get all of them one by one. I would have believed John would have won if the entire hotel was rigged with explosives and most of the guys were killed in the explosions.

The John Wick movies are praised for their realism and long takes of action sequences. However, if the speed of movements isn't fast enough, it is entirely possible to see the fight choreography. There were at least two moments where Keanu puts his arms up to protect his face even though the guy hadn't even started moving his leg yet.

The fight scenes were also too long. Again, having one man take on 6 baddies is possible, given the right circumstances. One man taking on 20, then two fist fights, the man would be exhausted.

Also, bystanders in the John Wick universe don't seem to notice anything going on around him. In one sequence, John is fighting guys while on horseback down a busy street. This is supposed to be New York City. A person can't get that far without a few cops being alerted. There was also a scene where 4 assassins were stabbed and killed in the middle of Penn Station. Again, no one even reacts even though the terminal appears to be very busy.

John Wick is a series of movies about assassins, operating in the shadows. John is referred to as the boogeyman in the first movie. This third chapter appears to throw out all of that and switch to all out giant gun fights, except where guns are mysteriously inconvenient so everybody switches to knives and swords.
Nice one. the movie was just trash. angry
and this trashy movie has 90% rating on RT.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:17am On Aug 16, 2019
realestniggah:

I also noticed this. Killing people in broad daylight and nobody seems to be bothered. Despite he many other inconsistencies this one was too much. John wick is now fantasy not reality.

Anyway I will still watch 4 when morpheus and neo tem up.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:17am On Aug 16, 2019
hulk616:
Ant-Man could have shrunk himself, entered Thanos' bum-bum and turned into Giant Man. Yet, they had to keep jonzing till Tony sacrificed himself. And yet Endgame has a 90+ rating on RT. Iranu oshi!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2019
Kaycee7:
Ant-Man could have shrunk himself, entered Thanos' bum-bum and turned into Giant Man. Yet, they had to keep jonzing till Tony sacrificed himself. And yet Endgame has a 90+ rating on RT. Iranu oshi!
John wick surviving for more than 15 minutes is more trash than justice league.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 9:32am On Aug 16, 2019
Kaycee7:
and you think the acid inside thanos body won't melt him

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 16, 2019
armadeo:

I also noticed this. Killing people in broad daylight and nobody seems to be bothered. Despite he many other inconsistencies this one was too much. John wick is now fantasy not reality.

Anyway I will still watch 4 when morpheus and neo tem up.

John Wick is not real, bro. It's farcical to paint films that has OTT action sequences with realism brush. Fictions don't necessarily conform to real world laws and logic.

I used to think in terms of black and white too, but I've since transcended that mentality.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 16, 2019
Heh

Where is my hard boiled, a better tomorrow and face off.
We watch action movies for the action.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2019
abduleez1:

I hold same view here. But one thing though, u said Asians (Koreans I guess) do horrors better than Hollywood? Really? I Didn't know that.

But A train to Busan really opened my eyes, it was the best Zombie film I've ever watched, funny thing is I hate Zombie movies, although I kind of liked it when I was younger. It was emotional and realistic. One of the reasons I don't watch the walking Dead. Zombie movies seem mostly boring, repetitive to me. Plainly just jump scare. Almost all horror movies to me seem the same just different plot.

It was after watching Conjuring 2 I begin to grow my interest in Horror movies. It was really scary to me back then. But now if watch it again it gonna look funny. I specifically prefer Supernatural or haunted house Horror to slasher, zombie, body horrors and all that. That's y I like the Conjuring universe maybe cos of our African beliefs and all that.

Korea and Japan are the best horror makers IMO. The most memorable psychological horrors I've seen has come from these two countries.

From Ringu to Ju-on, Noroi, A Tale of Two Sisters, and The Wailing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 16, 2019
ornicus:
Heh

Where is my hard boiled, a better tomorrow and face off.
We watch action movies for the action.

I wonder what their opinion will be on "Wanted", where bullets don't follow the laws of trajectory. They will probably call this a plot hole too.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 16, 2019
Seems like some people's reality is so disappointing that they have started expecting make believe entertainment to fill the void
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 16, 2019
I remember Angelina killing like 5 people standing in a circle with a single bullet or is it not that movie that you will snipe somebody and the bullet will kill the person and retract back into the rifle
KoiceReloaded:

I wonder what their opinion will be on "Wanted", where bullets don't follow the laws of trajectory. They will probably call it a plot hole too.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2019
alexistaiwo:
I remember Angelina killing like 5 people standing in a circle with a single bullet or is it not that movie that you will snipe somebody and the bullet will kill the person and retract back into the rifle

Yeah, the bullet went full circle. Shit_ be cray. grin grin

I love films with outrageous OTT ideas like that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Freddy94(m): 10:49am On Aug 16, 2019
Yet another good movie for me ==> "Carlito's Way" 7/10

FAVORITE SCENE
*Carlito is met by a group of mobsters , they engage in a gun fight* Carlito ; "I'm realoaded , Okay ?
Come on in here you mother fuckers ! Come on i'm waitin' for ya ! What, you ain't comin' in ?
Okay , im comin' out ! Oh , you up against me now , mother fuckers i'm gonna blow your fucking brains out ! You think you're big time ? You gonna fucking die big time ! You ready ? HERE COMES THE PAIN ! " Hahahahaha meanwhile he's out of bullets , and full of fear lool

Sometimes all these old classic movies are better than these new junks that flood the Cinema in recent times
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2019
What is going on with Nairaland server? Shit_ won't allow me to post in peace.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:25am On Aug 16, 2019
armadeo:

How does that work?

It worked for some people that believed bringing time travel into the mix was a touch of genius.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:47am On Aug 16, 2019
hulk616:

John Wick 3 got the same treatment of Avengers End Game got.

John Wick 1 and 2 are for better than 3 IMO, same way Infinity Wars was better than End Game, but the crowd think otherwise.

As for John Wick 3 alot was amiss, I hear gun shots and am still charging head on with (KNIFE) towards one the best assassins in the business (THAT HAS A GUN), even bringing a knife to a gunfight is considered being stupid, so in theory most firms that hire assassins that are fools.

Jujitsu is never considered an ideal martial art when you want to fight multiple people on the streets, but it was used here to fight multiple people with GUNS!!.

These guys really strayed from the first John Wick movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
pryme:

John Wick 3 got the same treatment of Avengers End Game got.

John Wick 1 and 2 are for better than 3 IMO, same way Infinity Wars was better than End Game, but the crowd think otherwise.

As for John Wick 3 alot was amiss, I hear gun shots and am still charging head on with (KNIFE) towards one the best assassins in the business (THAT HAS A GUN), even bringing a knife to a gunfight is considered being stupid, so in theory most firms that hire assassins that are fools.

Jujitsu is never considered an ideal martial art when you want to fight multiple people on the streets, but it was used here to fight multiple people with GUNS!!.

These guys really strayed from the first John Wick movie.
thank you
John wick 3 is an insult to normal people, military people and normal people with guns.
how can you kill someone in a crowded place and no one noticed?
how can you be reloading while surrounded by 4 armed men with body armour ?
why are the assassins not using their guns?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
What is going on with Nairaland server? Shit_ won't allow me to post in peace.
because of R-rated Words
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 16, 2019
hulk616:
thank you
John wick 3 is an insult to normal people, military people and normal people with guns.

A killing spree because someone killed my dog is not an insult?

You want a logical action movie, watch saving private Ryan.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by realestniggah: 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2019
hulk616:
thank you

John wick really fell from the continental building and landed face flat on the ground and still survived.. undecided

They just want to drag it into a fourth installment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Illusioneffect(m), Kharol1234 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.