Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,596 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3754289 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
oyaskii:
Time to "dead" this franchise...yeah? For a franchise already inducted into the National Film Registry absolutely no need dragging it on with medicore sequels.

I'm glad that Dark Fate bombed. It might spur them to finally end the franchise... then again, I recalled saying same after Genisys, and look at where we are. Franky, I think the franchise is just a quick cash grab for them at this point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I'm glad that Dark Fate bombed. It might spur them to finally end the franchise... then again, I recalled saying same after Genisys, and look at where we are. Franky, I think the franchise is just a quick cash grab for them at this point.
You should say the same regarding The Matrix.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2019
J2381:
You should say the same regarding The Matrix.

Not really. Unlike the Terminator franchise, None of the Matrix films bombed. Also it ended kind of unresolved, so there is still a story to tell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2019
Catching Fire 9 / 10

Mockingjay Part I 7 / 10

Mockingjay Part II 8 / 10

Nice movies... I enjoyed Catching Fire the most... What I enjoyed most was the love story between Mockingjay and Peeta, very intriguing... The ending was great, ended in GOT-esque fashion, backstabbing the King... Will definitely rewatch...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
The ending of the previous page was a nightmare,
To see grown up Nigerian men with hairy balls raving about blobbywood movies got me turning on all the lights in the house - you guys will not scare me to death.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
Nova15:
Reviews for "Midway" from anybody?
If you are expecting anything good from Roland Emmerich... Please look the other way. From the trailer, the CGI already threw me off and from what I hear it's been panned by critics which isn't surprising if you ask me... This was one of the great battles of world war 2 and the portrayal is a mess but the actors brought their A-game

The hack also thinks he's earned the right to criticize marvel movies... I can listen when legends like Scorcese, Coppola etc speak even if I don't agree but not him. I'm yet to see any of his movie become legendary
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
pryme:
To see grown up Nigerian men with hairy balls raving about blobbywood movies got turning on all the lights in the house - you guys will not scare me to death.

Bollywood movies?

Hell no. Nigerians like mediocre crap.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Thegamingorca(m): 11:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
nani667:
Catching Fire 9 / 10

Mockingjay Part I 7 / 10

Mockingjay Part II 8 / 10

Nice movies... I enjoyed Catching Fire the most... What I enjoyed most was the love story between Mockingjay and Peeta, very intriguing... The ending was great, ended in GOT-esque fashion, backstabbing the King... Will definitely rewatch...

It didn't feel rushed? I was confused and left with more questions after watching catching fire.

I didn't see her affection for Peter coming At All and I was wondering when the love bug hit her to leave her former guy, who was also surprisingly on board with her new squeeze
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 2:57am On Nov 14, 2019
Thegamingorca:

It didn't feel rushed? I was confused and left with more questions after watching catching fire.

I didn't see her affection for Peter coming At All and I was wondering when the love bug hit her to leave her former guy, who was also surprisingly on board with her new squeeze

The whole love part was very confusing initially, going back and forth, during the first games she was loving Peeta, but after the games she casually abandoned the dude and went for the other guy....she was basically just kissing anyone and everyone... Beht by the end of the second movie, after they had gone in for the second Hunger games it was pretty clear she loved the Peeta dude...

It didn't really feel rushed, I mean there were four movies, enough screen time to tell the story properly, some of the scenes almost brought me to tears.. I thoroughly enjoyed the story.. And it had to end sometime, and I feel they ended it pretty well...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 4:17am On Nov 14, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I was so disappointed when I heard terminator dark fate was a reboot.For goodness sake just kill off the franchise already.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 14, 2019
urahara:

I was so disappointed when I heard terminator dark fate was a reboot. For goodness sake just kill off the franchise already.

Dark Fate is a direct sequel to Judgement Day.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 5:42am On Nov 14, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Dark Fate is a direct sequel to Judgement Day.

Yh I meant reboot in the sense that part 3 to part 5 were scrapped.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 14, 2019
urahara:

Yh I meant reboot in the sense that part 3 to part 5 were scrapped.

No, they weren't. 3-5 occurred in an alternate reality, while Dark Fate occurred in the same reality as 1-2.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 6:08am On Nov 14, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

No, they weren't. 3-5 occurred in an alternate reality, while Dark Fate occurred in the same reality as 1-2.

Yh I know of that , but I call that bullshit.To me it's just a silly excuse to continue the franchise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 14, 2019
urahara:

Yh I know of that , but I call that bullshit.To me it's just a silly excuse to continue the franchise.

It has always been a bullshit. The Terminator franchise was primarily created for profit (like 99% of movies). They will milk that cow for as long as it takes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 8:07am On Nov 14, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Not really. Unlike the Terminator franchise, None of the Matrix films bombed. Also it ended kind of unresolved, so there is still a story to tell.
I see.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 8:27am On Nov 14, 2019
Crawl: 3 stars out of 4.

This Man V Nature flick plays out more like horror.

Not a surprise though given the director's filmography.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 14, 2019
pryme:
To see grown up Nigerian men with hairy balls raving about blobbywood movies got me turning on all the lights in the house - you guys will not scare me to death.
bollywood is better than gays and lesbians infested hollywood undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 9:44am On Nov 14, 2019
Never knew that Korean movies were this interesting, saw a recommendation on here. TRAIN TO Busan decided to try it out and the movie is Hella dope. Please I need more Korean movies recommendations. Thanks guys.. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jokerman(m): 9:45am On Nov 14, 2019
realestniggah:

I like the fact it has almost no CGI for a DC movie and really focus on the story telling... Not all what I was expecting.. .Joaquin Phoenix really gave himself to that character

I smell a sequel in works.

If Joaquin phoenix doesn't get an Oscar we riots..

Was his performance better than that of Heath ledger??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:15am On Nov 14, 2019
Jokerman:

Was his performance better than that of Heath ledger??

Must we always make this comparison?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Miggs(m): 10:27am On Nov 14, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The Terminator franchise peaked after its second installment while the Matrix peaked after the first movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by paradigmshift(m): 10:37am On Nov 14, 2019
abdurrazaq:

Check out these bollywood movies and you won't be disappointed
1. New York
2. Fan
3. Baghban
4. Sultan
5. Brothers
6. Kesari
7. Lagaan
8. Dangal
9. Like Stars on Earth
10. Chiller Party
11. Hichki
12. 3 Idiots
13. Rockstar
14. London Dreams
15. Players
16. Swades
17. My name is Khan
18. Aashiqui 2
19. Sabjit
20. Chak De India

There are so many more that do not directly follow the pattern described by mekaprime. A classic romantic movie from Bollywood is Veer Zaara. It is a romantic movie with a difference.

nice list, watched most of em..
most of this movie is better than hollywood movies..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 11:51am On Nov 14, 2019
paradigmshift:

nice list, watched most of em..
most of this movie is better than hollywood movies..

Nawao
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by paradigmshift(m): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
urahara:

Nawao

dey there n be shouting nawaoo.
those over hype piece of hollywood junks.
go n see indian movies with dope story lines...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 1:09pm On Nov 14, 2019
paradigmshift:

dey there n be shouting nawaoo.
those over hype piece of hollywood junks.
go n see indian movies with dope story lines...

I have seen Indian movies.

My best are three idiots and My name is Khan.

They are cool and by far better than Indian soap operas.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jokerman(m): 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Must we always make this comparison?

Haven't watched the movie yet... That's why I'm asking
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by paradigmshift(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
[quote author=urahara post=84019902]

I have seen Indian movies.

My best are three idiots and My name is Khan.

They are cool and by far better than Indian soap operas.[/quote

i am not talking about indan series or soap operas. i am talking about the movies...

three idiots and my name is khan are great movies but there are better indian movies..
you need to watch more .

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
[quote author=paradigmshift post=84021820][/quote]

Recommend for me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2019
The opposite of cliche' is Christopher Nolan.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2019
paradigmshift:
three idiots and my name is khan are great movies but there are better indian movies..
There are very few movies on par with 3 Idiots and even fewer than can be said to be better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Dilligzer and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.