Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3763532 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) ... (3838) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fro5t: 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jokerman:

It was Robin??

Heath's joker is still the best for now
Heath put a new spin on the Joker character. There were also people like you back then that claimed that Jack Nicholson's Joker was the best and that Ledger's Joker wasn't really true to the character.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fro5t: 8:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Play the videogames.
You trolling me, Orca?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Thegamingorca(m): 8:24pm On Nov 14, 2019
Fro5t:
You trolling me, Orca?

Nah waiting for you to realize that the joker that heath ledger played is the only joker that fit joker's profile
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 8:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
ornicus:
Dayum man. Gaming orca is shaking the table.
He's only showing he doesn't understand the movie.

I believe many like him were expecting peeshun peeshun but we're disappointed. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Nah waiting for you to realize that the joker that heath ledger played is the only joker that fit joker's profile

Nonsense of the highest order.

Heath ledger's joker is one joker out of many. Just because Ledgers joker was great, it doesn't mean that his joker is the definitive one.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tapingil(m): 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2019
This was a time well spent

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fro5t: 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thegamingorca:

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fro5t: 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
J2381:
He's only showing he doesn't understand the movie.

I believe many like him were expecting peeshun peeshun but we're disappointed. grin
No be small peeshun peeshun

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fro5t: 8:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Heath ledger's joker is one joker out of many. Just because Ledgers joker was great, it doesn't mean that his joker is the definitive one.
It's the cycle all over again. There were fans of Nicholson's Joker that dedicatedly bashed Ledger's Joker.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
nani667:
Catching Fire 9 / 10

Mockingjay Part I 7 / 10

Mockingjay Part II 8 / 10

Nice movies... I enjoyed Catching Fire the most... What I enjoyed most was the love story between Mockingjay and Peeta, very intriguing... The ending was great, ended in GOT-esque fashion, backstabbing the King... Will definitely rewatch...
i stopped at Mocking jay part I......Couldn't stand the love story between Peeta and Katnis anymore.......It's not like i didn't know she was going to fall for peeta.....didn't even like that peeta guy..all the same...it's just messed up....and to think her former guy was in support of it.....after Mocking Jay part 1...i just left it ....always knew how twas going to end anyways
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
Badcat 7.5/10 Genre: Animation, comedy So much violence and gory scene for an animation.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Miggs(m): 9:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Alien franchise is just getting started. They have two more sequels planned.

The Matrix is unresolved. A truce can only last for so long.

I agree with you on Die Hard franchise.
I am aware of the upcoming Alien movies which will still be a disappointment(excluding Alien and Aliens).Too bad Neill Blomkamps'(writer and director of District 9) ideas for the franchise were all binned.
As for the Matrix,what other story is there to tell?Neo is dead,Agent Smith is gone and the Oracle and the engineer came to a resolution to maintain balance between the humans and machines.My points are not odd.That's why there was a muted reaction to the announcement of Matrix 4.
That lone Wachowski is grasping at straws to save "her" career since it went sideways with Cloud atlas and jupiter ascending
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
Terminator: Dark Fate.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 9:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
losprince:

You just don't fvcking get it, watch the movie again but this time switch on your brain and pay attention to details. You probably were expecting some witty and forgettable oneliners, excessive explosions, masturbatory cgi and everything to be spoon fed to you by expose. If you missed the point of Arthur's relationship with the single mother then you shouldn't be taken seriously in the first place.

Spoiler Alert (please skip if you haven't seen the movie, this is a major revelation that will off you grin)

For all the brain dead miscreants here, there was no relationship between the two, it was all in his head, just like how his mother imagined having an affair with Thomas Wayne. God, I can't believe this flew over some people's head. undecided
whatever makes you sleep well tonight.....

Re-watch Joker my foot
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bratking:

you have a low iq. jeromeblack will be proud of you.
you that have high IQ.... I hope ur working with Shell.......

Omo ale jati jati

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kaycee7:
All these nitwits giving Joker ridiculously low ratings won't be able to provide anything akin to a comprehensive review. Na just to drop bait looking for who'll engage them in a senseless argument.

You perfectly get the Drift.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
Based on my opinion... I rate a movie..... and someone will come and talk about IQ..... SMH.....

in the batman movie series whatever....... THE DARK KNIGHT 2008 is the only great movie.......
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:09pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bratking:

joker has several origin stories....joker 2019 is just one. stop this foolishness.

Most of them are just looking for silly excuses to discredit Joker. The stupid mofos know little or nothing about Joker, most likely never read a comic book in their LIFE, yet spew trash they don't know.

Just saw a CLOWN say Leto's Joker was better than JP. SMH Leto's Joker whom has been crowned worst Joker portrayal ever that even Voice actors for animation have better rating than him, really

I just quit arguing with them cos they seem spoon fed with PG-13 Universe, they lack the Intellectual capacity to process such films. Leave them make them they talk their trash Dey go.

Them dey here dey cry, Joker dey there dey make MONEY, $1 bn by Friday/Saturday. Who's laughing now grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bratking:

you have a low iq. jeromeblack will be proud of you.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
TopeQs:

accurate....

your last sentence though, after $900m dollars plus in box office, and the cult following it has, bruh, there'll mostly likely be a sequel.
According to JP's fans, he doesn't do sequels.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
abdurrazaq:

Are you scared when 'grown up men with hairy balls' rave about cartoon/animation and whatever excuse of a name is given to such pictures?
Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of animation movies but classic ones like RANGO, THE CROODS, etc. What I am trying to say is that everyone fancies different thing for different reasons and I and some others fancy Bollywood movies for reasons best known to us. It does not make us less intelligent or less exposed.

Peace

You dont get it, am just trying to picture a terrible picture here,
Picture someone like Clarus or Gringory wearing a white singlet and boxers singing and dancing to some Blobbywood scene.

This picture right here is a product of Steven King classic - in other words Nigerian guys (attempting) to dance and sing along to Blobbywood movies is a Nightmare.
Besides there are some intelligent people that pull off scary stunts, it has nothing to do with exposure.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
Fro5t:
That the story wasn't the Joker story you were expecting doesn't equate it to trash. And seeing as you can't grasp the concept of the movie, it's hard to take your criticism of Phoenix's performance with a pinch of salt.
And when has The Joker ever been close to physical match for The Bat, even on Bruce's worst day? Are you sure you really understand The Joker character?

Most of them na zombies. No brain no sense no reasoning. They know Jack shit of Joker yet them they talk like say them be intellectuals.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Joker is a maniac.

This one had depression so bad he had suicidal ideas and it became the resolve for his killings.

Joker doesn't need to have a reason to kill. This one did it because he hated being laughed at lol

That's why he is a bad joker character in my opinion the exact opposite of what should be.

Wtf was the directir thinking when he tied Thomas Wayne into the story. This fvcked up slowpoke is Bruce Wayne's step brother?

Mehn fvck D.C. for even remotely considering associating this idiot with the wayne lineage
This particular storyline they followed is just somehow. The movie is just getting praise for JP's performance and how the world neglects people with mental disorder so this is an eye opener kind of thing. That's definitely not the joker I'm familiar with.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
Fro5t:
What if I told you that what Heath Ledger played wasn't The Joker?

My man!!! You TRULY KNOW your JOKER!!! grin

The mofos don't know that the shit they say: JP isn't real Joker, can be said for Heath Ledger's.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
Damfostopper:
Based on my opinion... I rate a movie..... and someone will come and talk about IQ..... SMH.....

in the batman movie series whatever....... THE DARK KNIGHT 2008 is the only great movie.......
I'm actually always scared to say this grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
Fro5t:
Not even the comics? So all of a sudden, Ledger's portrayal becomes the definitive rendition of the character. Imagine if Ledger's portrayal was expected to be like Jack Nicholson's, his performance would have been a flop.
Judge Joker as it's own movie and not a sequel to the The Dark Knight.

Choi, Chai!! Maka Why?? Why you TOO get sense like THIS.

You they talk comics? These mofos know Jack shit about comics Joker and his different Origin stories. The stupid annoying thing Is they don't even know this is an ELSEWORLD JOKER!!!

THEY don't even know that Joker Purists prefer Jack Nicholson's portrayal to Heath's.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bratking:

joker no get one origin story. the thing be say his true origin na mystery. no blab wetin you no know.

You should watch the animations

Batman Vs Robin and The Killing Joke.

Those are a good place to start.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 10:32pm On Nov 14, 2019
tapingil:
This was a time well spent
very nice movie with a very mad twist . Loved it

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2019
JeromeBlack:

LMAO. The guy just yarn the most Stupid statement I don hear in a long time.

Most of them don't even really know Joker Origins, them just wan yarn enter the public chatter.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2019
Fro5t:
What if I told you that what Heath Ledger played wasn't The Joker?

I had this argument here a long time ago, but you cant beat the crowd.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thegamingorca:

False,
The Joker first appeared in the comic edition in the 1940s, Heath did not invent nor defined the Joker, he was given that version of the Joker to bring to light.

You have to go back to the source material before making this kind of conclusion.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thegamingorca:

SACRILEGE!!!!!! MAY THE GODS OF OUR LAND VISIT YOU!!!!! angry angry lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) ... (3838) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.