Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3726893 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
Kaycee7:
Like play, like play.

Wetin Osinbajo no go see for cabal hand.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 6:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
Last Christmas.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
Kaycee7:
Like play, like play.
Na so. I'm drinking to this already. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Concurred. I've reasons to believe that Thomas Wayne was Arthur's father.
well that's another angle. But come to think of it, many evidence point to the contrary: Joker never had any relationship with his mother, there was evidence he was adopted, evidence his mother was delusional, evidence he was abused profusely as a child, evidence he was a very sick man. So what gives bro?

PS: I'm well aware evidence can be forged but there's no proof to say otherwise in this case.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
J2381:
well that's another angle. But come to think of it, many evidence point to the contrary: Joker never had any relationship with his mother, there was evidence he was adopted, evidence his mother was delusional, evidence he was abused profusely as a child, evidence he was a very sick man. So what gives bro?

PS: I'm well aware evidence can be forged but there's no proof to say otherwise in this case.

What are you talking about?? Arthur was a grown ass man that lived with his mom, and availed her in bathing herself for crying out loud. Arthur had a very close relationship with his mom.

The only evidence pointing that he was adopted was a document, that for all we know, could have been falsified. A billionaire with political ambitions like Thomas Wayne has a whole lot to lose if it comes to light that he fathered an illegitimate child. Think of what a scandal like that could do to his marriage, his political aspirations, his legacy... Someone with enough influence/money can manipulate events, like falsifying adoption papers, to forfend themselves from their transgressions.

These are the reasons that convinced me that Thomas Wayne was Arthur's dad.

- First, how did he know that Arthur, someone he has never met prior, was adopted? In my experience, if someone you've never met, suddenly appear out of the blue, and claim you as their father, even if you're privy to private details about them, it's very unlikely you'll play your hand in that instance, unless you're very certain of the cards you're holding. Do you see where I'm going with this? Only a man that set up another man knows exactly where to find a contraband. Basically, Wayne was very quick to tell Arthur he was adopted, because, he was sure of himself. He knew that there is evidence somewhere backing him up.
- Second, Arthur's mom photograph was signed T.W - Thomas Wayne. It takes a certain kind of familiarity to sign a photograph of a "staff" that is not your wife in such an intimate way. A lover kind of familiarity.
- Third, a mentally-ill unmarried woman will never be allowed by any state in America to adopt a baby. It's impossible. This proves that the adoption papers were forged.
- Fourth, a mentally-ill unmarried mom will never be allowed by child protective services to keep her abused child, thus proving that the allegation of her being mentally ill is false.

To conclude, this is what I think happened;

Wayne on finding out that Penny was pregnant, had her committed, then faked adoption papers after she gave birth, to ward off any future request for a blood test. Simples.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
oyaskii:
So DC actually bundled this into a blu ray? Colour me intrigued...DC are so far ahead in this superhero/comic animation genre i meannnn.

Most DC animation are released direct to DVD, so Blu-ray yeah.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I love this. It could spur WB to invest in more high-budget R-rated DC films.

WB are already planning DC Black label after Joker success. And with it's revenue accrued for sure. Now what I wanna see is a Justice League Dark movie, since I can't get Josstice League 2. Including a Dr Fate solo.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
Chai see spoilers of JOKER everywhere!!! cry
Me wey still dey queue nko. I'm still waiting for normal HDrip or WEBdl without the annoying Korean Hardcoded Sub.
Chai.......
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:44pm On Nov 15, 2019
kiss

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
abduleez1:

WB are already planning DC Black label after Joker success. And with it's revenue accrued for sure. Now what I wanna see is a Justice League Dark movie, since I can't get Josstice League 2. Including a Dr Fate solo.

From what I've read, it's not happening... yet. Joker's unprecedented success could be the force majeure to spur them to have a rethink though.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abdurrazaq(m): 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hamid (2019)

This is a well scripted movie with right measure of emotion on display. It delivers perfectly in story telling and acting.

8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

From what I've read, it's not happening... yet. Joker's unprecedented success could be the force majeure to spur them to have a rethink though.
I think they should not be too carried away by this success; on the most part, the movie's success can be attributed to people fighting back at the backlash and negative aura the sjw and woke media critics tried to tie the film to.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
losprince:

I think they should not be too carried away by this success; on the most part, the movie's success can be attributed to people fighting back at the backlash and negative aura the sjw and woke media critics tried to tie the film to.

Well I'll tie that to curiosity from fans and casuals alike to see how it was, given it was weird.

And most importantly, it got little to no competition all thanks to Wonder Woman 1984, No Time To Die and Sonic: The Hedgehog pulling out of November for a later date next year.

That contributed to this being the worst November in years.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Yep, Joker's success gonna force them to try more Adult Skewing, Dark and bold content.

Remember we heard last year there was A Blue Beetle film in development, same as Plastic Man. Maybe one of those might be explored, most especially Plastic Man.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2019
nani667:
kiss

For real??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:24pm On Nov 15, 2019
Scoob! Trailer is out for WB Animation next year line up. It's gonna be the first feature length animation for Scooby Doo and Co.

I'm seriously invested in this venture. Curious to see it's performance critically and financially. Financial success especially, since WAG (Warner Animation Group) is still an infant Animation studio. Just curious what this portends for WAG after its LEGO recent disappointment, it's biggest franchise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 11:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
abduleez1:

Well I'll tie that to curiosity from fans and casuals alike to see how it was, given it was weird.

And most importantly, it got little to no competition all thanks to Wonder Woman 1984, No Time To Die and Sonic: The Hedgehog pulling out of November for a later date next year.

That contributed to this being the worst November in years.
I'm sure the producers didn't project this kind of success, it was just an experimental film then the Venice film festival thing happened, out of the need to virtue signal and seem offended for ridiculous reasons the sjws and woke media outlets started to pan the film; this enraged a lot of people which in turn gave the movie a more notorious popularity. A lot of negative things were said about the movie to stop it's success but it all proved futile because these spurred people the more to support it.

Same thing happened with the Dave Chappelle sticks and stones comedy, critics panned it for no reasonable reason other than it contained non politically correct jokes, fans in turn massively opposed and sang it's praises to heavens.

People are growing exceedingly pissed at the woke culture these real life clowns are trying to shove down their throats.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
Black Adam gets a 2021 release date!!!!

Seems WB is going for blood. Crazy strong line up man.

The Batman......... 25th June (few days after yours truly Birthday grin cheesy)

The Suicide Squad........ 6th August

Black Adam.......... 22 December

Seems WB wanna get their 3 DC line up a year. This is juicy, keen on how this pans out.

PS: Release dates are subject to change.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
losprince:

I'm sure the producers didn't project this kind of success, it was just an experimental film then the Venice film festival thing happened, out of the need to virtue signal and seem offended for ridiculous reasons the sjws and woke media outlets started to pan the film; this enraged a lot of people which in turn gave the movie a more notorious popularity. A lot of negative things were said about the movie to stop it's success but it all proved futile because these spurred people the more to support it.

Same thing happened with the Dave Chappelle sticks and stones comedy, critics panned it for no reasonable reason other than it contained non politically correct jokes, fans in turn massively opposed and sang it's praises to heavens.

People are growing exceedingly pissed at the woke culture these real life clowns are trying to shove down their throats.

True. Plausible analogy. cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 11:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
abduleez1:

Seems WB wanna get their 3 DC line up a year. This is juicy, keen on how this pans out.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 12:38am On Nov 16, 2019
losprince:

And the funny thing is this is not even DCs Joker, like you said, it was an experiment, and DC got lucky.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by topmovies31: 3:13am On Nov 16, 2019
Fynestboi:
Let us know the movie you are currently watching now, be it a Yoruba movie, an English, Hausa, Igbo, Ghanian, Indian, Korean, Chinese, British, American or even Anime etc gringringrin or Home video, TV Series (season movies), what episode?

Any kind of movie you are currently watching now just post the name and if possible a little summary.

...let's keep the ball rolling..!

I'am watching this

https://www085..com/2019/10/film-silent-voice-2017-bluray-480p-720p.html
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 3:19am On Nov 16, 2019
Pls I'm looking for the meme of the second dude in that gerra out of here video. The one that was saying " this one wey u dey wear gallopy for this got sun "

Someone has used it in this thread.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 3:22am On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

What are you talking about?? Arthur was a grown ass man that lived with his mom, and availed her in bathing herself for crying out loud. Arthur had a very close relationship with his mom.
so is it uncommon for grown ass men to live with their mom? Beside, Arthur's relationship with his mom was all in his head. Bathing her happened in his head.
The only evidence pointing that he was adopted was a document, that for all we know, could have been falsified. A billionaire with political ambitions like Thomas Wayne has a whole lot to lose if it comes to light that he fathered an illegitimate child. Think of what a scandal like that could do to his marriage, his political aspirations, his legacy... Someone with enough influence/money can manipulate events, like falsifying adoption papers, to forfend themselves from their transgressions
Yes the document could have been falsified but is there any evidence to show it was actually falsified?
These are the reasons that convinced me that Thomas Wayne was Arthur's dad.

- First, how did he know that Arthur, someone he has never met prior, was adopted? In my experience, if someone you've never met, suddenly appear out of the blue, and claim you as their father, even if you're privy to private details about them, it's very unlikely you'll play your hand in that instance, unless you're very certain of the cards you're holding. Do you see where I'm going with this? Only a man that set up another man knows exactly where to find a contraband. Basically, Wayne was very quick to tell Arthur he was adopted, because, he was sure of himself. He knew that there is evidence somewhere backing him up.
- Second, Arthur's mom photograph was signed T.W - Thomas Wayne. It takes a certain kind of familiarity to sign a photograph of a "staff" that is not your wife in such an intimate way. A lover kind of familiarity.
- Third, a mentally-ill unmarried woman will never be allowed by any state in America to adopt a baby. It's impossible. This proves that the adoption papers were forged.
- Fourth, a mentally-ill unmarried mom will never be allowed by child protective services to keep her abused child, thus proving that the allegation of her being mentally ill is false
to your first reason: it's obvious he was very close to Arthur's mum. I believe she and he shared a special bond like the kind of bond he shared with Alfred. Remember Alfred knew who she was immediately Joker mentioned her.

To your second reason: I guess Thomas Wayne could also sign a photograph for Alfred and we'll all say they're intimate or preferably, they were gay lovers huh?

To your third and fourth reason: did it occur to you Arthur's mum wasn't born delusional? That she adopted him before she went Loco? Remember in the clip shown where she was being addressed in that psyche ward, where it was revealed Arthur was abused by her boyfriend when he was little?

All this prove she wasn't born delusional, that Arthur lived with her as a child and was abused by her boyfriend as a child while she didn't even try to defend him. I believe that's why he snapped and killed her.
To conclude, this is what I think happened;

Wayne on finding out that Penny was pregnant, had her committed, then faked adoption papers after she gave birth, to ward off any future request for a blood test. Simples.
no doubt Thomas Wayne could do all this. I mean the dude proved he's that much of a douchebag, but still, all evidence points to the fact that Arthur Fleck was adopted, he was abused as a child and his mother was delusional.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 16, 2019
J2381:
so is it uncommon for grown ass men to live with their mom? Beside, Arthur's relationship with his mom was all in his head. Bathing her happened in his head.
Bro, his relationship with his mom was real. The one that he imagined was the relationship he had with his neighbor, okay?

J2381:

Yes the document could have been falsified but is there any evidence to show it was actually falsified?
I gave you detailed explanations that alluded to that, bro. FFS.

J2381:

to your first reason: it's obvious he was very close to Arthur's mum. I believe she and he shared a special bond like the kind of bond he shared with Alfred. Remember Alfred knew who she was immediately Joker mentioned her.
A special bond with a female worker that wasn't an affair, while he was married?? C'mon bro, stop reaching. It's a ridiculous notion.

J2381:

To your second reason: I guess Thomas Wayne could also sign a photograph for Alfred and we'll all say they're intimate or preferably, they were gay lovers huh?
Two different things, bro. Logically, A MARRIED man of the house can't/won't just sign a photograph of his young FEMALE staff, using his initials. Initials is a private thing that is only reserved for family, close friends and LOVERS. Signing Alfred's photograph like that would be completely normal. Alfred was a close friend and, more importantly a MALE, you grab?

J2381:

To your third and fourth reason: did it occur to you Arthur's mum wasn't born delusional? That she adopted him before she went Loco? Remember in the clip shown where she was being addressed in that psyche ward, where it was revealed Arthur was abused by her boyfriend when he was little? All this prove she wasn't born delusional, that Arthur lived with her as a child and was abused by her boyfriend as a child while she didn't even try to defend him. I believe that's why he snapped and killed her.
Now, you're reaching again. Pulling fictions from the air that didn't exist in the film. Pertaining to the bolded, Arthur Fleck was mentally ill, and thus, anything shown from his perspective should be taken with a grain of salt. He's what we call an unreliable narrator.

Like I said in my earlier post, she was never mentally ill nor abused Arthur, taking into account that CPS won't allow her to retain guardianship if she was.

J2381:

no doubt Thomas Wayne could do all this. I mean the dude proved he's that much of a douchebag, but still, all evidence points to the fact that Arthur Fleck was adopted, he was abused as a child and his mother was delusional.
Bro, stop saying this. There is no evidence that points to Arthur being adopted, except for the adoption papers. Every other evidence points to the contrary. The devil is in the details. Watch the film again, and pay attention to all the points that I raised.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 7:13am On Nov 16, 2019
abduleez1:

Hope the Batman isn't an origin story again cos it's gotten repeatedly boring

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 16, 2019
losprince:

Rivals, MCU, achieved fame by building on the foundation laid by Iron-Man (2008). They realized that humor mixed with action, and sexy VFX were a match made in heaven, so they cultivated these tools, and promptly channeled it into subsequent MCU films. The rest is history, as they say.

Bottom line, Joker (2019) could be the beginning of DCEU revolution, like Iron-Man (2008) was to MCU.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 16, 2019
abduleez1:
Chai see spoilers of JOKER everywhere!!! cry
Me wey still dey queue nko. I'm still waiting for normal HDrip or WEBdl without the annoying Korean Hardcoded Sub.
Chai.......
It's already on netnaija. Don't worry it's not worth the hype.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2019
Viking07:
It's already on netnaija. Don't worry it's not worth the hype.

The movie is just okay.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:18am On Nov 16, 2019
kendrick93:
Hope the Batman isn't an origin story again cos it's gotten repeatedly boring

Nah, it's not gonna be. cheesy

It's leaning onto the story of The Long Halloween in the comics. It's going to focus on Batman's detective skills and wit.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 9:30am On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Bro, his relationship with his mom was real. The one that he imagined was the relationship he had with his neighbor, okay?
oh I see like he imagined being on that show before he actually went on that show, right? grin
I gave you detailed explanations that alluded to that, bro. FFS.
urs of course it's just what it is, your detailed explanations. I didn't know you wrote the script for the movie bro, or did you? We're talking about facts presented in the movie you're talking about your detailed explanation. Yea right.
A special bond with a female worker that wasn't an affair, while he was married?? C'mon bro, stop reaching. It's a ridiculous notion
is it impossible. Like I said before, Already knew her and there's was no evidence presented in the movie that Wayne had an affair with Penny Fleck. It's not ridiculous it is what is shown in the movie.
Two different things, bro. Logically, A MARRIED man of the house can't/won't just sign a photograph of his young FEMALE staff, using his initials. Initials is a private thing that is only reserved for family, close friends and LOVERS. Signing Alfred's photograph like that would be completely normal. Alfred was a close friend and, more importantly a MALE, you grab
so you're now a behavioural expert to know what a married man will do and what a married man can't do? I still stand there wasn't any evidence presented that Thomas Wayne had an affair with Penny Fleck. Or you don't think someone whose delusional can think of such an affair? Beside why would Thomas Wayne employ a person whose delusional in the first place.
Now, you're reaching again. Pulling fictions from the air that didn't exist in the film. Pertaining to the bolded, Arthur Fleck was mentally ill, and thus, anything shown from his perspective should be taken with a grain of salt. He's what we call an unreliable narrator
what didn't exist in the film, bro? As regard the bolded yet you can believe he had a close relationship with his mother? Come on men?
Like I said in my earlier post, she was never mentally ill nor abused Arthur, taking into account that CPS won't allow her to retain guardianship if she was.
I didn't say she abused Arthur, her boyfriend did. And they battered her also. Everything was in that file. Like Thomas Wayne would abuse his own child just to cover up his infidelity?
Bro, stop saying this. There is no evidence that points to Arthur being adopted, except the adoption papers. Every other evidence points to the contrary. The devil is in the details. Watch the film again, and pay attention to all the points that I raised.
no evidence? What about the file he got from the hospital? Isn't that evidence enough?

You can also watch the film and again and pay attention to details starting from when Arthur Fleck went to that hospital.

Here's a screenshot I made. Penny Fleck was even battered here so what on earth are you debating about bro?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Baddestguyp(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.