Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,463 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3754559 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:31am On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Rivals, MCU, achieved fame by building on the foundation laid by Iron-Man (2008). They realized that humor mixed with action, and sexy VFX were a match made in heaven, so they cultivated these tools, and promptly channeled it into subsequent MCU films. The rest is history, as they say.

Bottom line, Joker (2019) could be the beginning of DCEU revolution, like Iron-Man (2008) was to MCU.

I Couldn't have said it better.

What's ironic is that this formula was invented by Paramount (Transformers movies). While Disney gets richer and hold sway in the entertainment market, Paramount seems to be fading out of existence.

It's even interesting realising that Paramount could have own Marvel, and they dumped them including DreamWorks. Now they in deep shit, fighting for survival. At least they got a lucky break, with Mission Impossible: Fallout, and seems set for profit this year with decent hits Crawl, Rocketman and Dora and the Lost City of Gold.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 10:03am On Nov 16, 2019
Terminator: Dark Fate 2/10,movie is a waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 16, 2019
J2381:
oh I see like he imagined being on that show before he actually went on that show, right? grin
urs of course it's just what it is, your detailed explanations. I didn't know you wrote the script for the movie bro, or did you? We're talking about facts presented in the movie you're talking about your detailed explanation. Yea right.
is it impossible. Like I said before, Already knew her and there's was no evidence presented in the movie that Wayne had an affair with Penny Fleck. It's not ridiculous it is what is shown in the movie.
so you're now a behavioural expert to know what a married man will do and what a married man can't do? I still stand there wasn't any evidence presented that Thomas Wayne had an affair with Penny Fleck. Or you don't think someone whose delusional can think of such an affair? Beside why would Thomas Wayne employ a person whose delusional in the first place.
what didn't exist in the film, bro? As regard the bolded yet you can believe he had a close relationship with his mother? Come on men?
I didn't say she abused Arthur, her boyfriend did. And they battered her also. Everything was in that file. Like Thomas Wayne would abuse his own child just to cover up his infidelity?
no evidence? What about the file he got from the hospital? Isn't that evidence enough?

You can also watch the film and again and pay attention to details starting from when Arthur Fleck went to that hospital.

Here's a screenshot I made. Penny Fleck was even battered here so what on earth are you debating about bro?
You don't know what was real and what wasn't, methinks.

- His relationship with his mom was real.
- Appearing in the Murray's show at the beginning, wasn't real.
- His relationship with his pretty neighbor wasn't real.
- A flashback scene showing a man interviewing his mom was viewed from his POV, so might simply be imaginary, like he imagined his first appearance in Frankin Murray's show, or having a romantic relationship with his neighbor.
- The asylum ending could be real or imaginary.

Get this sorted, and perhaps, you will see things more clearly.

Lemme drop these links here, perhaps, it will help you get a fresher perspective.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/joker-ending-explained-what-was-real-what-wasnt-an/1100-6470322/

https://screenrant.com/joker-movie-thomas-wayne-arthur-fleck-father/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joker-actor-explains-thomas-wayne-twist-hidden-backstory-1245261

Over and out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 10:31am On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

You don't know what was real and what wasn't, methinks.

- His relationship with his mom was real.
- Appearing in the Murray's show at the beginning, wasn't real.
- His relationship with his pretty neighbor wasn't real.
- A flashback scene showing a man interviewing his mom was viewed from his POV, so might simply be imaginary, like he imagined appearing in Murray's show, or having a romantic relationship with his neighbor.
- The asylum ending could be real or imaginary.

Get this sorted, and perhaps, you will see things more clearly.

Lemme drop these links here, perhaps, it will help you get a fresher perspective.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/joker-ending-explained-what-was-real-what-wasnt-an/1100-6470322/

https://screenrant.com/joker-movie-thomas-wayne-arthur-fleck-father/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joker-actor-explains-thomas-wayne-twist-hidden-backstory-1245261
Over and out.
I was expecting you to post links about the movie. Still can't understand why a grown ass man can't come to his own damn conclusion without the aid of websites run by people like him who watched the same movie.

I believe you're the one who don't know what's real and what's not. If we lie clearly shown what's real and what's not in the movie.

As regard the bolded, you forgot he read that from the report he took from that black dude in the hospital? grin

The end.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 10:37am On Nov 16, 2019
Angel Has Fallen.

7/10.

Very cliche movie. Very nice action scenes. Very stupid FBI agents and as usual, awesome Mike Banning.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by androsurf: 11:02am On Nov 16, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 11:45am On Nov 16, 2019
Noelle.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 12:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
cao:
Noelle.

Is it good? I almost downloaded it last night, but I downloaded klaus instead.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 12:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
abdurrazaq:

Check out these bollywood movies and you won't be disappointed
1. New York
2. Fan
3. Baghban
4. Sultan
5. Brothers
6. Kesari
7. Lagaan
8. Dangal
9. Like Stars on Earth
10. Chiller Party
11. Hichki
12. 3 Idiots
13. Rockstar
14. London Dreams
15. Players
16. Swades
17. My name is Khan
18. Aashiqui 2
19. Sabjit
20. Chak De India

There are so many more that do not directly follow the pattern described by mekaprime. A classic romantic movie from Bollywood is Veer Zaara. It is a romantic movie with a difference.

Thanks bro.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Bro, his relationship with his mom was real. The one that he imagined was the relationship he had with his neighbor, okay?

I gave you detailed explanations that alluded to that, bro. FFS.

A special bond with a female worker that wasn't an affair, while he was married?? C'mon bro, stop reaching. It's a ridiculous notion.

Two different things, bro. Logically, A MARRIED man of the house can't/won't just sign a photograph of his young FEMALE staff, using his initials. Initials is a private thing that is only reserved for family, close friends and LOVERS. Signing Alfred's photograph like that would be completely normal. Alfred was a close friend and, more importantly a MALE, you grab?

Now, you're reaching again. Pulling fictions from the air that didn't exist in the film. Pertaining to the bolded, Arthur Fleck was mentally ill, and thus, anything shown from his perspective should be taken with a grain of salt. He's what we call an unreliable narrator.

Like I said in my earlier post, she was never mentally ill nor abused Arthur, taking into account that CPS won't allow her to retain guardianship if she was.

Bro, stop saying this. There is no evidence that points to Arthur being adopted, except the adoption papers. Every other evidence points to the contrary. The devil is in the details. Watch the film again, and pay attention to all the points that I raised.

Koicereloaded, you have tried. Some people cannot just be reasoned with.

It is left for him to google reviews of the film to see what everyone is saying.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Koicereloaded, you have tried. Some people cannot just be reasoned with.

It is left for him to google reviews of the film to see what everyone is saying.

Lolz. The niggah stubborn gan. He likes to argue against the grain. grin

Funnily enough, the gentleman that portrayed Thomas Wayne confirmed in an interview that Thomas Wayne did have a physical relationship with Penny, and that he was the one that put her in an asylum.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Funnily enough, the gentleman that portrayed Thomas Wayne confirmed in an interview that Thomas Wayne did have a physical relationship with Penny, and that he was the one that put her in an asylum.

Simple google would have saved him this embarrassment, but unfortunately, he is a stubborn goat.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
Nova15:

Is it good? I almost downloaded it last night, but I downloaded klaus instead.
I liked it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 2:07pm On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

You sef you get time for argument.

As soon he stubbornly refused , I just left him.

No time for mumu arguments and long epistle.

Baba just dey shout case closed , case closed !!

Something that is on internet sef. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2019
urahara:

You sef you get time for argument.

As soon he stubbornly refused , I just left him.

No time for mumu arguments and long epistle.

Baba just dey shout case closed , case closed !!

Something that is on internet sef. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2019
abduleez1:

I Couldn't have said it better.

What's ironic is that this formula was invented by Paramount (Transformers movies). While Disney gets richer and hold sway in the entertainment market, Paramount seems to be fading out of existence.

It's even interesting realising that Paramount could have own Marvel, and they dumped them including DreamWorks. Now they in deep shit, fighting for survival. At least they got a lucky break, with Mission Impossible: Fallout, and seems set for profit this year with decent hits Crawl, Rocketman and Dora and the Lost City of Gold.

Gritty films like Joker is how WB can compete with Disney. Make dark movies that Disney can't. Offer something different, and make sure they're good. Believe me, people will see them. Joker is a testament to that.

And do you know the craziest thing? Joker didn't get a China release, and still grossed $IB! Incredible, isn't it?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
abduleez1:
Black Adam gets a 2021 release date!!!!

Seems WB is going for blood. Crazy strong line up man.

The Batman......... 25th June (few days after yours truly Birthday grin cheesy)

The Suicide Squad........ 6th August

Black Adam.......... 22 December

Seems WB wanna get their 3 DC line up a year. This is juicy, keen on how this pans out.

PS: Release dates are subject to change.

I hope they will make all of them R-rated. It's the only way they than compete with Disney shill media.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Gritty films like Joker is how WB can compete with Disney. Make dark movies that Disney can't. Offer something different, and make sure they're good. Believe me, people will see them. Joker is a testament to that.

And do you know the craziest thing? Joker didn't get a China release, and still grossed $IB! Incredible, isn't it?

What's your review about Joker ? Did you enjoy it ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2019
urahara:

What's your review about Joker ? Did you enjoy it ?

I reviewed it last month or so. I loved it.

KoiceReloaded:
Joker

Often, when movies are overhyped, they culminate into a dumpster fire. Joker is one of the few times I truly appreciated the hype. This film is DARK. With masterful directing, awe-inspiring acting from Phoenix, brilliant OST and cinematography, the plot is crafted in ways to make a person feel dirty, and very uncomfortable. It's hard to watch at times, very cringey, but all so mesmerizing, that you'd be hard pressed to blink an eye. In short, it's an emotional rollercoaster in that it's very emotive and dynamic.

Overall, it's a masterpiece, and one of the best movies of the year IMO. It's an astonishing story that calls for more... a sequel, perhaps? I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Phoenix's Joker, we may well see him in one of the new Batman films... I can but dream!

8.9/10

Unfortunately, I learnt right after my review that Joaquin Phoenix doesn't do sequels. What a shame, cuz I would pay a pretty penny to see his version of Joker again.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 3:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Simple google would have saved him this embarrassment, but unfortunately, he is a stubborn goat.
just like you're a stupid bastard eh? I guess you truly know the feeling.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Lolz, funny enough, the niggah ain't wrong, neither are you. It just a matter of perception & POV. Even the producer said it himself, that he willingly left that aspect/part of the movie vague for the viewers to choose the narration that best suits 'em. Both sides had a very compelling argument & if you were to continue arguing till the biblical trumpet sounds, it wouldn't make a difference.

Same way I could argue that, not all physical relationship leads to child birth, or That Thomas might actually be responsible and when Penny tried the blow the whistle, she was silenced by him, or that the only real scene in the movie was the end, were Arthur was at that mental asylum & that every other thing we saw in movie was a figment of his imagination aimed at justifying himself at whatever he did.

All is clearly a matter of perception & nobody is wrong or right. According to the director, there isn't a definitive explanation & there wouldn't be any, because the whole mystery fuels various discussions, debates & theories amongst movie goers that tends to keep the movie in the spotlight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2019
mekaprime:

Lolz, funny enough, the niggah ain't wrong, neither are you. It just a matter of perception & POV. Even the producer said it himself, that he willingly left that aspect/part of the movie vague for the viewers to choose the narration that best suits 'em. Both sides had a very compelling argument & if you were to continue arguing till the biblical trumpet sounds, it wouldn't make a difference.

Same way I could argue that, not all physical relationship leads to child birth, or That Thomas might actually be responsible and when Penny tried the blow the whistle, she was silenced by him, or that the only real scene in the movie was the end, were Arthur was at that mental asylum & that every other thing we saw in movie was a figment of his imagination aimed at justifying himself at whatever he did.

All is clearly a matter of perception & nobody is wrong or right. According to the director, there isn't a definitive explanation & there wouldn't be any, because the whole mystery fuels various discussions, debates & theories amongst movie goers that tends to keeps the movie in the spotlight.

I like this philosophical version of you. You should let him loose more often grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2019
The problem with many people on this earth is they always go with the bandwagon.

So the guy who played Thomas Wayne said Thomas Wayne had an affair with Penny Fleck. I guess whoever interviewed him should have asked him if it was written on the script he read that Penny Fleck and Thomas Wayne had an affair or if it was written on the script that Thomas Wayne put Penny Fleck in that asylum.

People still can't decipher people's personal opinion defer from facts. So much like them to always run to the Internet to search for opinions of people who watched the same thing they watched.

I even wonder why this guys haven't given their brains to Google just so Google can think for them. Simple google search indeed. I won't be surprise if The day Google crash will be the day some people die. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 3:18pm On Nov 16, 2019
mekaprime:

All is clearly a matter of perception & nobody is wrong or right. According to the director, there isn't a definitive explanation & there wouldn't be any, because the whole mystery fuels various discussions, debates & theories amongst movie goers that tends to keeps the movie in the spotlight.
it's becoming obvious we have a lot of narrow minded individuals in this thread bro and on the internet.

I use to think the DC and Marvel fan boys are the narrow minded ones but heck bro...

Thank you for your input.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2019
J2381:
it's becoming obvious we have a lot of narrow minded individuals in this thread bro and on the internet.

I use to think the DC and Marvel fan boys are the narrow minded ones but heck bro...

Geez bruh... don't be a sour grapes. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Unfortunately, I learnt right after my review that Joaquin Phoenix doesn't do sequels. What a shame, cuz I would pay a pretty penny to see his version of Joker again.

Baba has started changing mouth o.

He is now saying he may do a sequel.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Yea. That's the sweetest ish I love about it. Beating out The Dark Knight to become the world's biggest grosser without a China release cheesy

What makes it JUICIER : doing it without heavy CGI, without big 3D marketing, Action lite and most importantly with an R rating, making it the biggest Rated R movie EVER!!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
urahara:

Baba has started changing mouth o.

He is now saying he may do a sequel.

Yea, he said it few days ago. It's sleeper success is too juicy to overlook potential sequels.

But I don't want a sequel. Leave it like that and remain a masterpiece. Cos the next definitely don't seem to be able to manufacture such return numbers like the original. It might even be a flat out flop, being a victim of the 1st's SUCCESS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I hope they will make all of them R-rated. It's the only way they than compete with Disney shill media.

Nah Batman won't be R rated. The only candidate I see getting R rating is The Suicide Squad. And probably Black Adam, he is a good R rating character.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Geez bruh... don't be a sour grapes. grin
hope when you woke up today you didn't see loser written on your forehead? tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Yea. I hear he is becoming flexible after Joker's success. Hearsay is that he might reprise his role if it's solid.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
¬_¬

(1) (2) (3) ... (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.