Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3761276 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) ... (3836) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 12:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
Kaycee7:
Technically, DC competes with Marvel not Disney. And even WB (the studio that produces DC movies) can't touch Disney when it comes to animations. Disney literally built the empire they control today from animations, so go figure.

Very accurate. I couldn't have said it better. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 12:18pm On Feb 16, 2020
oyaskii:
True that, Disney has been holding it down in animations for years now, i am just surprised how an average animation like Frozen 2 grossed 1.4b.

It's been long awaited since the first.

Many expected it to gross over a billion. I expected $1.2bn but surprised it toppled the first with $1.4bn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 12:23pm On Feb 16, 2020
oyaskii:
Summary of the story...each man to his kettle...each studio sticking to what they know best...Disney will keep reeling in billions even if they bring out an average animation.

True. The only Studio that can match or Challenge Disney's Animations might is Universal.

They are the ONLY one who can churn out billion dollar animations asides Disney. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
MR RIGHT(2015)...3/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

So I'm not the only one who went ahead and download it. cheesy

I'll see next week what all the hate was all about. grin
Don't get your hopes up
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

really bleeped up.

imagine living a life that is not your own...

having a memory that is not yours....

living in a perpetual night and not even noticing....

having aliens play god with your lives as they sought to understand what makes you human.

it was an entertaining watch.

Eku spoilers
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2020
Tom Hanks collection ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:58pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ishilove:

Eku spoilers

that is not spoiling o.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2020
DARK WATERS (2019)...8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
DandeNumeruno:
MR RIGHT(2015)...3/10
very useless movie

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
Jumanji next level

Grandpa nearly killed me with laughter
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 8:06pm On Feb 16, 2020
Bombshell .......... 8/10

Midway .........8.5/10

Really enjoyed it. Too bad I was expecting the Nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki but got none. Kinda forgot it was about the Battle of Midway.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 9:11pm On Feb 16, 2020
Jumanji Next Level 5/10

Charlie's Angels 6/10.

Ip Man 4 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 9:15pm On Feb 16, 2020
Darksider131:
One person i like in this new Charlie's angels is the tall black girl

Yeah, she was very captivating. She deserves to have a 8 out of 10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:13am On Feb 17, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

Midway .........8.5/10

Really enjoyed it. Too bad I was expecting the Nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki but got none. Kinda forgot it was about the Battle of Midway.

yet to watch the movie....have this feeling that it gonna be lit...

one of the most important naval battle in world war 2.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:45am On Feb 17, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

Midway .........8.5/10

taste is truly subjective. MIDWAY (2019) is the worst war movie i've watched since PEARL HARBOUR (2001).

imho MIDWAY has no heart, highly pretentious and an artless propaganda film.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:47am On Feb 17, 2020
kendrick93:
very useless movie
the persons that wrote and directed that crap should to be banned indefinitely from going near any reputable movie studio.

what a shitshow.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 7:59am On Feb 17, 2020
Uncut Gem 8.5/10

Wow this movie really surprised the heck out of me. Adam Sandler really knocked his performance out of the park, I mean that's a huge stride coming from a guy who couldn't even make his comedic roles funny.

The story was very hysterical and very telling, and justice was served.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:23am On Feb 17, 2020
losprince:
Uncut Gem 8.5/10

Wow this movie really surprised the heck out of me. Adam Sandler really knocked his performance out of the park, I mean that's a huge stride coming from a guy who couldn't even make his comedic roles funny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 17, 2020
Midway.

To be a soldier is not a day's job.

Respect to all soldiers worldwide
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 11:35am On Feb 17, 2020

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IHate9jerianss(m): 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

Yea I hear you. How am I emotional? Cos I don't favour your flop narrative. Rich.

Even Joker got dethroned 4th week by Maleficent (debut weekend) and reclaimed Title later week. grin

We'll see who has a last laugh
Sonic debuted and topped the north American weekend box office with a $57mill haul.
@Bolded You were saying? grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by prettyamebo: 1:07pm On Feb 17, 2020
losprince:
Uncut Gem 8.5/10

Stupid movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:42pm On Feb 17, 2020
IHate9jerianss:

Sonic debuted and topped the north American weekend box office with a $57mill haul.
@Bolded You were saying? grin

And where did I say Sonic wouldn't top Birds of Prey in it's debut weekend?

It's a no brainer. undecided

Understand English first before ranting.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

taste is truly subjective. MIDWAY (2019) is the worst war movie i've watched since PEARL HARBOUR (2001).

imho MIDWAY has no heart, highly pretentious and an artless propaganda film.

I didn't watch it for the Historical Accuracy stuff and all that but for the action and battle sequences. I cared little for story cos I already knew some of it.

Most of this based on a true story adds Sh!t with facts most times so I just focus more on the film narrative individually than what truly happened. If It's an interesting topic I try to get the facts right by doing some research.

Why I don't really trust most of what the film narrates especially in a Japanese point of view, is cos the US will always project themselves as the good guys and the victims.

When I knew it was Corny AF was the place they insinuated the Japanese Commander knew they had awoken a sleeping Giant after Pearl Harbor. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Osigamontiga: 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IHate9jerianss(m): 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2020
abduleez1:

And where did I say Sonic wouldn't top Birds of Prey in it's debut weekend?
It's a no brainer. undecided
Understand English first before ranting.
keep being emotional while I chill and enjoy my last laughgrin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
abduleez1:

I didn't watch it for the Historical Accuracy stuff and all that but for the action and battle sequences. I cared little for story cos I already knew some of it.

Most of this based on a true story adds Sh!t with facts most times so I just focus more on the film narrative individually than what truly happened. If It's an interesting topic I try to get the facts right by doing some research.

Why I don't really trust most of what the film narrates especially in a Japanese point of view, is cos the US will always project themselves as the good guys and the victims.

When I knew it was Corny AF was the place they insinuated the Japanese Commander knew they had awoken a sleeping Giant after Pearl Harbor. grin

when i watch films based on history, i want to feel what the main characters are feeling....

i want it to tug on my heart strings...

i want to be emotionally invested...

the only way i can digest everything is if i am convinced of the story's genuinity.

i connected with PRIVATE RYAN (1998), THE THIN RED LINE (1998), 1917 (2019), DUNKIRK (2017), BRAVEHEART (1996) & WE'RE SOLDIERS (2002). they all have hearts.

i couldn't connect with MIDWAY (2019). i couldn't connect with the story or the characters.

biographical films ought to be more than just action scenes. the emotive aspect of it is far more important.

MIDWAY sacrificed the emotive for action scenes, thereby killing the soul of the film.

in short, MIDWAY was a forgettable experience, a waste of 800mb.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
prettyamebo:

Stupid movie
What makes the movie stupid?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
losprince:
Uncut Gem 8.5/10

Justice was not served o. It is so painful
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2020
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG has already gloss 111 million USD on it's 4th day.

that's 16 million more than the 95 million USD it spent on production.

it's looking like it's gonna be very successful on the box market.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) ... (3836) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.