Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3774583 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2021
Wow, it's been long I typed so much.
I hope I made sense.
PS: I didn't read any Dune novels.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2021
DieRich5:
the movie was incredibly slow and boring, I knew wat Dem meant he's the one ND in .
Matrix part one
I think Dem also told us he role too in part 1, and I don watch alot of film Dem use dat word nd the picture was clear even a novice will know it undecided

Alot of people no watch the first dune ND no even read about it........... ok now 4get about Paul Atriedes mata ND still alot is not explained in 2hrs.
1)Why are the Harkkunen evil?
2)The Mother and Grandmother have special powers, why?
3)Paul is the one, yes anybody can guess he's role but why him?
Josh ND Jason both of Dem did nothing in the movie ND both re the main fighter for the Atreades
Zandaya na dis wan pain me pass, she the reason why I'm interested in dune angry OK I only see her in the same repeated visions.
action and character emotions 3/10

Who never read the book or watch the old one, would have no idea what was going on ND I'm one of Dem undecided
i think oyetpel has answered you thereby saving me from writing a very long epistle. I now see the problem, you saw the cast and you were expecting action and bang from start to finish, and that's where you got it wrong, because lovers of the books clearly know this particular installment will be somewhat of a character building phase and i think it clearly met the expectations of those who have read the book that's what fantasy series or movies are about (see LOTR, GOT etc for E.G) at the beginning.

And to add, people who haven't even read the book that i know of enjoyed the movie too, knowing part 2 and possibly part 3 will bring "greater joy" because the stage have been set by this part 1.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2021
The Wolfman.

Dat Ibadan man never fails to deliver.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2021
DieRich5:
the movie was incredibly slow and boring, I knew wat Dem meant he's the one ND in .
Matrix part one
I think Dem also told us he role too in part 1, and I don watch alot of film Dem use dat word nd the picture was clear even a novice will know it undecided

Alot of people no watch the first dune ND no even read about it........... ok now 4get about Paul Atriedes mata ND still alot is not explained in 2hrs.
1)Why are the Harkkunen evil?
2)The Mother and Grandmother have special powers, why?
3)Paul is the one, yes anybody can guess he's role but why him?
Josh ND Jason both of Dem did nothing in the movie ND both re the main fighter for the Atreades
Zandaya na dis wan pain me pass, she the reason why I'm interested in dune angry OK I only see her in the same repeated visions.
action and character emotions 3/10

Who never read the book or watch the old one, would have no idea what was going on ND I'm one of Dem undecided

Duke Atreides knew the Emperor plan to destroy him by giving him Arrakis, but its a call he can't refuse. And there is a lot of money to be made on Arrakis by mining spice.
So having an insight into the Emperor's doom plan for him, he also had a strategy in mind and some of his advisors know about it, which is to find a way to bring the Fremen to his side as allies. Because he believe with his House army and Fremen army they can defeat any incoming war from either House Harkkonen or the Emperor.
That's why he sent Jason Mamoa to the Fremen to learn their ways and bring them to their side. But the Fremen need a lot of convincing because of how House Harkkonen handled them.

Boss, Duke is smart o.

But his plans didn't come to fruition because his enemies moved in on him too quickly.

They know how tactical and smart Duke is, that was why House Harkkonen strikes him from within by using his House doctor.
House Atreides doctor too is a long story on its own.

Josh Brolin (Gurney) escaped the invasion to fight another day, just like Ser Barristan Selmy in GoT.

Dune setting is like a fight for throne with House scheming and all.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
oyetpel:

I think I can answer No. 1 and 3

1) The Harkkonen are not evil, even though they rule Arrakis with a very strict and often cruel way.
They preside over Arrakis with order from the Emperor. The Emperor is like the overall ruler in the universe, and anybody from a great house can become an Emperor, but House Currino have been ruling as Emperor for years.
Now, Duke Atreides is becoming successful and the Emperor fear that Duke's success and developed influence may hinder him in decision making. Heck with Duke's influence in the Laadsrad (like a senate of great houses), he could overthrow the Emperor.
So, the Emperor's solution to stopping the rise of Duke was planned.
House Atreides and House Harkkonen have a long standing hatred for each other. So the Emperor did as if he collected dune from House Harkkonen to give House Atreides, but it was an attempt to destroy House Atreides, in that if House Harkkonen was to wage war against House Atreides it will be seen as a result of their past hatred for each other.
And so it will not seem as if its the Emperor that wants to personally destroy Duke because if the Laadsrad find out the Emperor did such, they can impeach him.

3) You see, the Bene Gesserit are magical and powerful, and they are also part of government.
Dune is set like 10,000 years after the current year we are in, computers are wiped out. So human beings with special powers are the ones doing the work of computers, and each are trained by different organisations and assigned to great houses. E.g Mentat (Thufir Hawat, he is like the computer brain of House Atreides) ordinary human being cannot do his work.
Now, spice is a substance that heightens the abilities of these special people.
Now, understand that Paul Atreides is like 14-15 years old in the setting of this movie.

The parts that one cannot learn in the movie is that;
*The mother Bene Gesserit is the mother of Lady Jessica (Paul's mother)

*Wladimir Harkkonen is the father of Lady Jessica.

The Bene Gesserit believes they have solution to their universe problems, so they started a breeding exercise to bring forth to the world a MESSIAH.
In the course of this breeding arrangement, the Mother Bene Gesserit went to Wladimir Harkkonen to sleep with him but the child had deformity and it was killed. She later went to Wladimir Harkkonen to mate again, but he was under alcoholic influence I think, so he raped Mother Bene Gesserit and she placed a curse on him, which made him so obese that he had to implant endoskeleton tech to be able to move and float.
Now the child as a result of the rape is Lady Jessica.

Obviously Duke Atreides has a wife before, but because of their breeding program the Bene Gesserit must have made Lady Jessica seduced Duke to get entangled with him. In line with this, Lady Jessica was to give birth to a daughter whom when old enough will be married to another great house male child to continue breeding till they get that 'ONE' (Kwisatz Haderach).
So assuming Lady Jessica gets pregnant, once she notice it's a boy she will have to terminate it.
But Lady Jessica first child was a boy (Paul), so she decided to keep it. And she also had that personal believe that the Kwisatz Haderach was Paul reason she didn't terminate Paul.
But the Bene Gesserit also saw signs that Paul had the qualities of being 'the One' but because they had not reached their full planned breeding, they believe the arrival of Paul as the ONE was too early and might cause problems for them.
Reason why the Mother tested Paul with the Gom Jabber, assuming Paul could not withstand that unimaginable pain, he would have been killed right there.
Jeez bro. In explaining you spoiled Dune 2 and 3. Not to worry, by the time it comes out I'm sure the thread would have progressed past this page. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2021
J2381:
Jeez bro. In explaining you spoiled Dune 2 and 3. Not to worry, by the time it comes out I'm sure the thread would have progressed past this page. grin

Sorry chief, just didn't like how he was trying to berate one of the best films I have watched in recent times.
And to think if not because of the hype on this thread before its release, I won't even know about a film called Dune.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
oyetpel:

I think I can answer No. 1 and 3

1) The Harkkonen are not evil, even though they rule Arrakis with a very strict and often cruel way.
They preside over Arrakis with order from the Emperor. The Emperor is like the overall ruler in the universe, and anybody from a great house can become an Emperor, but House Currino have been ruling as Emperor for years.
Now, Duke Atreides is becoming successful and the Emperor fear that Duke's success and developed influence may hinder him in decision making. Heck with Duke's influence in the Laadsrad (like a senate of great houses), he could overthrow the Emperor.
So, the Emperor's solution to stopping the rise of Duke was planned.
House Atreides and House Harkkonen have a long standing hatred for each other. So the Emperor did as if he collected dune from House Harkkonen to give House Atreides, but it was an attempt to destroy House Atreides, in that if House Harkkonen was to wage war against House Atreides it will be seen as a result of their past hatred for each other.
And so it will not seem as if its the Emperor that wants to personally destroy Duke because if the Laadsrad find out the Emperor did such, they can impeach him.

3) You see, the Bene Gesserit are magical and powerful, and they are also part of government.
Dune is set like 10,000 years after the current year we are in, computers are wiped out. So human beings with special powers are the ones doing the work of computers, and each are trained by different organisations and assigned to great houses. E.g Mentat (Thufir Hawat, he is like the computer brain of House Atreides) ordinary human being cannot do his work.
Now, spice is a substance that heightens the abilities of these special people.
Now, understand that Paul Atreides is like 14-15 years old in the setting of this movie.

The parts that one cannot learn in the movie is that;
*The mother Bene Gesserit is the mother of Lady Jessica (Paul's mother)

*Wladimir Harkkonen is the father of Lady Jessica.

The Bene Gesserit believes they have solution to their universe problems, so they started a breeding exercise to bring forth to the world a MESSIAH.
In the course of this breeding arrangement, the Mother Bene Gesserit went to Wladimir Harkkonen to sleep with him but the child had deformity and it was killed. She later went to Wladimir Harkkonen to mate again, but he was under alcoholic influence I think, so he raped Mother Bene Gesserit and she placed a curse on him, which made him so obese that he had to implant endoskeleton tech to be able to move and float.
Now the child as a result of the rape is Lady Jessica.

Obviously Duke Atreides has a wife before, but because of their breeding program the Bene Gesserit must have made Lady Jessica seduced Duke to get entangled with him. In line with this, Lady Jessica was to give birth to a daughter whom when old enough will be married to another great house male child to continue breeding till they get that 'ONE' (Kwisatz Haderach).
So assuming Lady Jessica gets pregnant, once she notice it's a boy she will have to terminate it.
But Lady Jessica first child was a boy (Paul), so she decided to keep it. And she also had that personal believe that the Kwisatz Haderach was Paul reason she didn't terminate Paul.
But the Bene Gesserit also saw signs that Paul had the qualities of being 'the One' but because they had not reached their full planned breeding, they believe the arrival of Paul as the ONE was too early and might cause problems for them.
Reason why the Mother tested Paul with the Gom Jabber, assuming Paul could not withstand that unimaginable pain, he would have been killed right there.
sound nice here than the movie and the story of the houses look like the GOT too grin
I remember Lady Jessica gets pregnant again in the movie, weti she born
this is what I'm talking about, the movie didn't added this info in the movie, una way don read am knows beta than us way never do anyone

Nawa for u oooo, u write all dis just to explain the main things the movie fvck up to add shocked u try angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2021
Injustice (2021)

7 / 10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 6:45pm On Nov 01, 2021
oyaskii:
i think oyetpel has answered you thereby saving me from writing a very long epistle. I now see the problem, you saw the cast and you were expecting action and bang from start to finish, and that's where you got it wrong, because lovers of the books clearly know this particular installment will be somewhat of a character building phase and i think it clearly met the expectations of those who have read the book that's what fantasy series or movies are about (see LOTR, GOT etc for E.G) at the beginning.

And to add, people who haven't even read the book that i know of enjoyed the movie too, knowing part 2 and possibly part 3 will bring "greater joy" because the stage have been set by this part 1.
action was one of Dem Sha but the story just kill my vibe ND I expect alot from the cast too and now person need to wait till next 2yrs.......hiss
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 6:45pm On Nov 01, 2021
The boy in the stripped pyjamas, what a movie those Germans were fuckin brutal against the Jews gaddam. That ending was something else.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 6:49pm On Nov 01, 2021
DieRich5:
sound nice here than the movie and the story of the houses look like the GOT too grin
I remember Lady Jessica gets pregnant again in the movie, weti she born
this is what I'm talking about, the movie didn't added this info in the movie, una way don read am knows beta than us way never do anyone

Nawa for u oooo, u write all dis just to explain the main things the movie fvck up to add shocked u try angry

I feel the movie should have been a series.
Maybe they opt against it because of budget I don't know.

But Dune have a mini series that was done in I think 2000-2001, I am planning to download it soon.

I also plan to download the first adaptation of Dune into a movie release in 1984 to get a better understanding of dune.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2021
Iceyjayz:
The movie isn't as bad as you painted it to be, it's still one of my best 2021 movie, and from the good reviews online and the ratings, it's a very nice movie, I can't wait for part 2 though, but waiting until October 2023 for part 2 is too far.

its not too far, its standard time for Hollywood sequels
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2021
oyetpel:

Sorry chief, just didn't like how he was trying to berate one of the best films I have watched in recent times.
And to think if not because of the hype on this thread before its release, I won't even know about a film called Dune.
It's all good, no harm done. Though from your explanation seems as if you've been acquainted to the story before, no?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2021
oyetpel:

But Dune have a mini series that was done in I think 2000-2001, I am planning to download it soon.

I also plan to download the first adaptation of Dune into a movie release in 1984 to get a better understanding of dune.
beta understanding cheesy like seriously undecided u already knew everything na
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2021
oyetpel:

Duke Atreides knew the Emperor plan to destroy him by giving him Arrakis, but its a call he can't refuse. And there is a lot of money to be made on Arrakis by mining spice.
So having an insight into the Emperor's doom plan for him, he also had a strategy in mind and some of his advisors know about it, which is to find a way to bring the Fremen to his side as allies. Because he believe with his House army and Fremen army they can defeat any incoming war from either House Harkkonen or the Emperor.
That's why he sent Jason Mamoa to the Fremen to learn their ways and bring them to their side. But the Fremen need a lot of convincing because of how House Harkkonen handled them.

Boss, Duke is smart o.

But his plans didn't come to fruition because his enemies moved in on him too quickly.

They know how tactical and smart Duke is, that was why House Harkkonen strikes him from within by using his House doctor.
House Atreides doctor too is a long story on its own.

Josh Brolin (Gurney) escaped the invasion to fight another day, just like Ser Barristan Selmy in GoT.

Dune setting is like a fight for throne with House scheming and all.

Thanks for explaining .God bless you bro now I can rewatch the movie and understand better
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2021
oyetpel:

You are right ,apple or HBO would have done justice by giving it a mini series with big budget like GOT
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2021
blingxx:

Thanks for explaining .God bless you bro now I can rewatch the movie and understand better
You no go understand anything

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:57pm On Nov 01, 2021
Iceyjayz:
I prefer Frozen 1 than 2, the part 2 is an overhyped shiit
I tell you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:57pm On Nov 01, 2021
Kaycee7:
You no go understand anything

Lol.... grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
blingxx:

You are right ,apple or HBO would have done justice by giving it a mini series with big budget like GOT
Uhm... These days it's IPs that can give you both cinematic universe and TV spin-off potential that Hollywood execs are dieing for. These bring money and subs in the long run.

Anyways, there's a DUNE TV show coming next year. DUNE: The Sisterhood (of something) ......
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aflix(m): 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2021
Chibudollar:
The boy in the stripped pyjamas, what a movie those Germans were fuckin brutal against the Jews gaddam. That ending was something else.
Hope you cried at the end of the movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
J2381:
The Wolfman.

Dat Ibadan man never fails to deliver.
Lol, weyrey you din run first me post review. grin grin

Na Benicio Del Toro you dey call Ijebu man. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ENGBOS(m): 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
abduleez1:
Halloween setting up nicely...... grin

#FrightNight

pls what site is this,where you download videos
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2021
ENGBOS:

pls what site is this,where you download videos

The websites are basically written in the movies filename. undecided

Anyways, the websites are:
Fz movies
Netnaija dot com
Tfpdl dot com
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2021
It's the epistle in the previous page for me grin
HIS 101 no do pass this one
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2021
DUNE ......7.5/10

Very entertaining movie. Rich visuals. Great lore and world building. Interesting magical powers.

I don't understand the whining it's not understandable. It's pretty straight forward if you pay attention to details.

My main issue with it is the way House Attreides was obliterated. Such wipeout of an army shouldn't be that easy even if you caught unawares. Yep, I'm aware a traitor made it easy. But still.

Anxiously waiting for the next installment. At least next year we'll return back to Dune's world with the new TV show.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 9:18pm On Nov 01, 2021
abduleez1:

Lol, weyrey you din run first me post review. grin grin

Na Benicio Del Toro you dey call Ijebu man. grin
Nope. Na Hugo Weaving be dat Ibadan man, The guy dey always deliver. But Benicio Del Toro dey always try wella. The guy can act.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2021
Aflix:
Hope you cried at the end of the movie
that ending was so emotional for real the boy was too innocent
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2021
The Wolfman .....8/10

Fucking great Lupine fantasy. It's been long I've been served this sort of magical Horror genre. The CGI definitely holds up till this day.

Benicio Del Toro is GOATED. Kai, see as my Emily Blunt sexy AF. Seems she's barely aged. Since 2010. shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:21pm On Nov 01, 2021
J2381:
Nope. Na Hugo Weaving be dat Ibadan man, The guy dey always deliver. But Benicio Del Toro dey always try wella. The guy can act.

I see.

I dey think say na cos Toro face dey always fold fold, e dey look like tribal marks at times. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 9:25pm On Nov 01, 2021
abduleez1:
DUNE ......7.5/10

Very entertaining movie. Rich visuals. Great lore and world building. Interesting magical powers.

I don't understand the whining it's not understandable. It's pretty straight forward if you pay attention to details.

My main issue with it is the way House Attreides was obliterated. Such wipeout of an army shouldn't be that easy even if you caught unawares. Yep, I'm aware a traitor made it easy. But still.

Anxiously waiting for the next installment. At least next year we'll return back to Dune's world with the new TV show.
Faze the Nigerian artiste once said "na who know pesin dey kill pesin" (in yoruba). That's exactly what happened to House Atreides, remember the same pesin almost delivered another back to back hit? grin

This is exactly why I love Batman, he's always the cynic. He doesn't ever trust anyone, well apart from Alfred, that is. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2021
abduleez1:

I see.

I dey think say na cos Toro face dey always fold fold, e dey look like tribal marks at times. grin grin
At all, at all. Lol. Weaving na naija man.

Watch the movie make you drop review. Movie that starred Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt, Hugo Weaving and "Marcus Crassus" is sure to deliver bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: user32(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.