Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3772946 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 10:23am On Nov 02, 2021
J2381:
Now won't that be a sight to see. grin cheesy grin cheesy

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:28am On Nov 02, 2021
thatthickgurl:

This post just gave me orgasms

grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:29am On Nov 02, 2021
J2381:
Now won't that be a sight to see. grin cheesy grin cheesy
I dey tell you. cheesy

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:51am On Nov 02, 2021
oyaskii:
Avengers: Infinity war (2018)...Avengers: End game (2019), Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone (2001)..Harry Potter and the Chambers of secrets (2002), Twilight (2008).. Twilight: New moon (2009), Hunger games (2012)..Hunger games: Catching fire (2013), Scream (1996)...Scream 2 (1997), The Lord of the rings: Fellowship of the ring (2001)...Lord of the rings: The Two towers: (2002)...Lord of the rings: The return of the king (2003).....

There are many successful movies that release their sequels one year following the first part and this was possible because the sequels where planned even before the project began meaning every was on board, the film maker, producer, production company etc.

However, tho Denis Villeneuve had a plan for a Dune Sequel, Legendary Pictures only greenlighted the sequel last week after seeing the success of the first part.

you have cleared my doubts unrefutably...but you must admit that many sequels come out years later too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 11:18am On Nov 02, 2021
thatthickgurl:

Oh come off it. It's always a nice sight seeing a girl cum. grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lekbel09(m): 11:36am On Nov 02, 2021
nani667:
Dune (2021)

7 / 10
foolish movie.. made no sense and also fvcking boring. I had to delete the rubbish.
Total waste of 450MB of data

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by samistry(m): 12:27pm On Nov 02, 2021
Are we on the dune hate train now?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2021
samistry:
Are we on the dune hate train now?
yeah it is rubbish
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2021
Chibudollar:
yeah it is rubbish
Lol! When they diss your fave movie/series now, "lack of taste" and/or "high/low IQ" go dey fly everywhere. Nothing spoil sha. Make I just dey observe

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 1:38pm On Nov 02, 2021
oyetpel:

I think I can answer No. 1 and 3

1) The Harkkonen are not evil, even though they rule Arrakis with a very strict and often cruel way.
They preside over Arrakis with order from the Emperor. The Emperor is like the overall ruler in the universe, and anybody from a great house can become an Emperor, but House Currino have been ruling as Emperor for years.
Now, Duke Atreides is becoming successful and the Emperor fear that Duke's success and developed influence may hinder him in decision making. Heck with Duke's influence in the Laadsrad (like a senate of great houses), he could overthrow the Emperor.
So, the Emperor's solution to stopping the rise of Duke was planned.
House Atreides and House Harkkonen have a long standing hatred for each other. So the Emperor did as if he collected dune from House Harkkonen to give House Atreides, but it was an attempt to destroy House Atreides, in that if House Harkkonen was to wage war against House Atreides it will be seen as a result of their past hatred for each other.
And so it will not seem as if its the Emperor that wants to personally destroy Duke because if the Laadsrad find out the Emperor did such, they can impeach him.

3) You see, the Bene Gesserit are magical and powerful, and they are also part of government.
Dune is set like 10,000 years after the current year we are in, computers are wiped out. So human beings with special powers are the ones doing the work of computers, and each are trained by different organisations and assigned to great houses. E.g Mentat (Thufir Hawat, he is like the computer brain of House Atreides) ordinary human being cannot do his work.
Now, spice is a substance that heightens the abilities of these special people.
Now, understand that Paul Atreides is like 14-15 years old in the setting of this movie.

The parts that one cannot learn in the movie is that;
*The mother Bene Gesserit is the mother of Lady Jessica (Paul's mother)

*Vladimir Harkkonen is the father of Lady Jessica.

The Bene Gesserit believes they have solution to their universe problems, so they started a breeding exercise to bring forth to the world a MESSIAH.
In the course of this breeding arrangement, the Mother Bene Gesserit went to Vladimir Harkkonen to sleep with him but the child had deformity and it was killed. She later went to Wladimir Harkkonen to mate again, but he was under alcoholic influence I think, so he raped Mother Bene Gesserit and she placed a curse on him, which made him so obese that he had to implant endoskeleton tech to be able to move and float.
Now the child as a result of the rape is Lady Jessica.

Obviously Duke Atreides has a wife before, but because of their breeding program the Bene Gesserit must have made Lady Jessica seduced Duke to get entangled with him. In line with this, Lady Jessica was to give birth to a daughter whom when old enough will be married to another great house male child to continue breeding till they get that 'ONE' (Kwisatz Haderach).
So assuming Lady Jessica gets pregnant, once she notice it's a boy she will have to terminate it.
But Lady Jessica first child was a boy (Paul), so she decided to keep it. And she also had that personal believe that the Kwisatz Haderach was Paul reason she didn't terminate Paul.
But the Bene Gesserit also saw signs that Paul had the qualities of being 'the One' but because they had not reached their full planned breeding, they believe the arrival of Paul as the ONE was too early and might cause problems for them.
Reason why the Mother tested Paul with the Gom Jabber, assuming Paul could not withstand that unimaginable pain, he would have been killed right there.

Duke Atreides bought Lady Jessica.
Duke Atreides has never been married before mainly because he wants to keep the possibility open that he could marry into another Nobel house as a political strategy.
The Gom jabbar test is administered to everyone with a Bene Geserrit training.
The lady Jessica also underwent the test.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2021
phr0nesis:

I hated part 1 so I didn't bother watching part 2. I heard it's the highest grossing animation ever
That title goes to Lion King
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2021
pu7pl3:

you have cleared my doubts unrefutably...but you must admit that many sequels come out years later too
True...so there's no set standard.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2021
If you enjoyed DUNE, you should watch Raised by Wolves season 1.
It's a solid Sci-Fi show that has a rich lore, religious symbology, great acting, great special effects and so much more
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 2:06pm On Nov 02, 2021
Gmajor:

Duke Atreides bought Lady Jessica.
Duke Atreides has never been married before mainly because he wants to keep the possibility open that he could marry into another Nobel house as a political strategy.
The Gom jabbar test is administered to everyone with a Bene Geserrit training.
The lady Jessica also underwent the test.

Thanks for pointing these out.

But is Alia a trained Bene Gesserit?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Iceyjayz: 2:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
pu7pl3:

please give me examples
Harry Potter, divergent/insurgent/allegiant and plenty of them that I've seen.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Iceyjayz: 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
lekbel09:
foolish movie.. made no sense and also fvcking boring. I had to delete the rubbish.
Total waste of 450MB of data
You don't know good movie

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Iceyjayz: 2:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
oyaskii:
Avengers: Infinity war (2018)...Avengers: End game (2019), Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone (2001)..Harry Potter and the Chambers of secrets (2002), Twilight (2008).. Twilight: New moon (2009), Hunger games (2012)..Hunger games: Catching fire (2013), Scream (1996)...Scream 2 (1997), The Lord of the rings: Fellowship of the ring (2001)...Lord of the rings: The Two towers: (2002)...Lord of the rings: The return of the king (2003).....

There are many successful movies that release their sequels one year following the first part and this was possible because the sequels where planned even before the project began meaning every was on board, the film maker, producer, production company etc.

However, tho Denis Villeneuve had a plan for a Dune Sequel, Legendary Pictures only greenlighted the sequel last week after seeing the success of the first part.
cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:41pm On Nov 02, 2021
oyaskii:

As a Reformed Coconut Head.... I no gree for these stats cos almost all of them are released over a decade ago.
Only Avengers is the odd one. If you people can't bring at least 3/4 blockbuster Franchises that release back to back since 2014 to now, I no believe Shi Shi.

The realities of then is way different from now.

And I maintain my stance, Hollywood film Release for movies is an average of 2 years apart.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2021
abduleez1:

As a Reformed Coconut Head.... I no gree for these stats cos almost all of them are released over a decade ago.
Only Avengers is the odd one. If you people can't bring at least 3/4 blockbuster Franchises that release back to back since 2014 to now, I no believe Shi Shi.

The realities of then is way different from now.

And I maintain my stance, Hollywood film Release for movies is an average of 2 years apart.
Dead this argument before they give you L wey big pass Giganta
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
Kaycee7:
Dead this argument before they give you L wey big pass Giganta

Lmao..my guy say Giganta grin grin grin

I rest my case, your honour. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xorojinxx: 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
In Dune, after the emperor was poisoned and his servants, who were wearing protective gears came to carry him for treatment, they (his servants) turned back and looked at the ceiling.

It was at the 1hr:37min:40secs time.

Who knows what they were staring at?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2021
I'm still listening to the first audio book. I have not encountered this character yet
oyetpel:

Thanks for pointing these out.

But is Alia a trained Bene Gesserit?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2021
I want to teleport like nightcrawler. I'm tired of paying tfare
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
Achilles100:

But the movie has been out for more than 3weeks na.
You person never watch am now, he/she has themselves to blame na.
Abi na when person don forget about the movie nai person go gist about am?
Justs saying...
all spoilers shall rot in niflheim
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:09pm On Nov 02, 2021
abduleez1:

Lmao..my guy say Giganta grin grin grin

I rest my case, your honour. cheesy
lol...you be case grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 6:21pm On Nov 02, 2021
He can't teleport to where he can't see..... Hope you know?
lusid:
I want to teleport like nightcrawler. I'm tired of paying tfare
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 6:24pm On Nov 02, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

The greatest mistake people make is watching Dune without knowing the full context. That's way it's imperative to read the books first to get the sense of what it's about. The world of Dune is very complex I tell you, there's a lot going on.

I'm in book 4, and probably won't finish the whole series till January/February 2022. For the meantime, I've backburnered Dune (2021) indefinitely.
How do we get d book? .. Cause u guys havd overhyped d movie i wanna see it so much.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:33pm On Nov 02, 2021
oyaskii:
lol...you be case grin grin

We flow with the waves like a cruise ship, my boss. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
pu7pl3:

E shock you abi...The one that usually comes to mind is the Lord of the rings franchise..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
AnfieldFan:

E shock you abi...The one that usually comes to mind is the Lord of the rings franchise..

They probably shot it with no breaks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2021
pu7pl3:

They probably shot it with no breaks
Yes they did...Peter did everything in his power to see it through...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 11:45pm On Nov 02, 2021
xorojinxx:
In Dune, after the emperor was poisoned and his servants, who were wearing protective gears came to carry him for treatment, they (his servants) turned back and looked at the ceiling.

It was at the 1hr:37min:40secs time.

Who knows what they were staring at?

It wasn't the Emperor that was poisoned. The Emperor is Shaddam IV of House Currino. They never showed the Emperor in Dune: Part 1.

They were looking at the Baron (Vladimir Harkkonen).
The Baron survived the poison and was bind to the ceiling because he can float.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Brainiac101(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.