Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2759) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3733629 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2021
Goldmediah:

You want download all sort of movies here plazil.com

You don't need to quote people to announce this bro
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
pu7pl3:

apart from the lead being a female, Kate wasn't a feminist movie in any way my brother
True that. Gunpowder Milkshake had feminist written all over it.

I think Netflix is trying to tone down on their feminist nonsense now. I watched Night Teeth a moment ago and I smiled at the way they sugar-coated it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
OneKinGuy:
I need recommendations on movies to watch. I will like indie movies or something lowkey, tired of the typical good guy bad guy stuffs or superheros stuff, I need something that tells good wholesome stories. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

The Courier

Its a spy movie featuring Benedict Cumberbatch

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
J2381:
True that. Gunpowder Milkshake had feminist written all over it.

I think Netflix is trying to tone down on their feminist nonsense now. I watched Night Teeth a moment ago and I smiled at the way they sugar-coated it.

Gunpowder milkshakewas a blatant feminist movie but I enjoyed it cos it was really fun and that hospital scene remains one of my best scenes this year grin grin grin

But I don't think Netflix is toning down their feminist propaganda anytime soon o
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
The Guilty (2021) 5/10

This movie is an ad nauseam, but I had to finish it because of Jake Gyllenhaal.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2021
Queenpins (2021) 6.5/10

It's all about the coupons. From coupons to Dinero.
Bebe Rexha was awful in her parts.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
pu7pl3:

Gunpowder milkshakewas a blatant feminist movie but I enjoyed it cos it was really fun and that hospital scene remains one of my best scenes this year grin grin grin

But I don't think Netflix is toning down their feminist propaganda anytime soon o
Believe me they will. It's becoming way too obvious. I don't know if they believe it'll make people stream their movies the more cos men, it's becoming annoying...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
oyetpel:
Queenpins (2021) 6.5/10

It's all about the coupons. From coupons to Dinero.
Bebe Rexha was awful in her parts.

She was the hacker right? I knew she looked familiar, I couldn't just place her.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
Achilles100:

She was the hacker right? I knew she looked familiar, I couldn't just place her.

Yes, she was the hacker.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Opemopem15: 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
J2381:
Believe me they will. It's becoming way too obvious. I don't know if they believe it'll make people stream their movies the more cos men, it's becoming annoying...

You're lucky you don't watch CW shows
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
The Suicide Squad

This was fun and amazing. Really enjoyed it to the end.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2021
Raging fire.

How is this guy not Daniel Wu? undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
oyetpel:
The Trip (2021)

Norwegian movie.
I downloaded this movie because of Naomi Repace and I wasn't disappointed.
Lots of slashing, blood and gore tho.

Please, does anyone know where I can download this movie in the original language?
The one I downloaded from piratebay was English dubbed. cry

Please, let it be a torrent site.

EPP my life.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 12:29am On Nov 01, 2021
I had to watch Dune again, now I can confidently say that movie is 4/10 just sand, dust and vibes.

7 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jarchi(m): 1:40am On Nov 01, 2021
Chibudollar:
I had to watch Dune again, now I can confidently say that movie is 4/10 just sand, dust and vibes.

Decided to skip details just to satisfy your curiosity and preconceived believe. One man's poison is another man's food

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:19am On Nov 01, 2021
Chibudollar:
Dem no try for the movie jor, I'm not even going rewatch it again self na part 2 b the main thing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 2:23am On Nov 01, 2021
DieRich5:
Dem no try for the movie jor, I'm not even going rewatch it again self na part 2 b the main thing
I swear part 2 might be better than the 1 because the ending was kinda good, but as for the movie entirely rubbish. I wonder if people watched a different version with the ratings I am seeing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:31am On Nov 01, 2021
Army of Thieves 7/10
Nice watch ND it funny tho........I already knew wat will happen at @30mins into it undecided
When watching it, I was like wtf is zombies doing in it, I leta know at the end cheesy
the only thing I hate, it's too easy
Gwendoline is Fvckin beautiful kiss
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 5:16am On Nov 01, 2021
DieRich5:

Nawa o.
I don't re-watch movies, but I have watched Dune 3 times now.
And I also go online to read Dune wiki to understand the characters more like GoT wiki.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 9:20am On Nov 01, 2021
oyetpel:

Nawa o.
I don't re-watch movies, but I have watched Dune 3 times now.
And I also go online to read Dune wiki to understand the characters more like GoT wiki.
I tell u say I nor understand the characters undecided
They kept talking about Paul Atreides being 'The One', the one for what? For good 2hrs no information
The story is just halfway done ND u want me to go ND read about the story after watching a 2hrs movie ND keep us waiting for next part for 2023 angry solid action nah, suspense nah ND why he's seeing zandaya ND her role nothing......and booom the movie don end

Watching the dune 3x a roll undecided
About the GOT, S1 was not dat good ND Dem still example things well ND it a seasonal no rushing............dune season will be good ND just 2 episodes will do the needful

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:34am On Nov 01, 2021
DieRich5:
They kept talking about Paul Atreides being 'The One', the one for what? For good 2hrs no information
The story is just halfway done ND u want me to go ND read about the story after watching a 2hrs movie ND keep us waiting for next part for 2023 angry solid action nah, suspense nah ND why he's seeing zandaya ND her role nothing......and booom the movie don end

About the GOT, S1 was not dat good ND Dem still example things well ND it a seasonal no rushing............dune season will be good ND just 2 episodes will do the needful

GOT season 1 was very good gee
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 11:29am On Nov 01, 2021
pu7pl3:

GOT season 1 was very good gee
yes bro but the rest season was way beta grin the last season no join oooo grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2021
DieRich5:

If you are an ardent cinephile, Dune shouldn't be giving you headache because it was pretty straightforward..there are more complicated movies that will give you more tougher time understanding than Dune.

lol @ "The story was half done"...it literally said "Dune Part 1" in the opening title card, so you expected them to answer all your questions in under 2:38 mins when the movie is been adapted from a book spanning into 25 volume at least?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2021
oyaskii:
If you are an ardent cinephile, Dune shouldn't be giving you headache because it was pretty straightforward..there are more complicated movies that will give you more tougher time understanding than Dune.

lol @ "The story was half done"...it literally said "Dune Part 1" in the opening title card, so you expected them to answer all your questions in under 2:38 mins when the movie is been adapted from a book spanning into 25 volume at least?
headache cheesy
Straightforward ki undecided yes Dem should explain everything in part 1 ND mk part 2 more action ND it's seem dat the dune story is long and dune ain't complicated bro, I just don't like wat Dem did wit it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2021
DieRich5:
headache cheesy
Straightforward ki undecided yes Dem should explain everything in part 1 ND mk part 2 more action ND it's seem dat the dune story is long and dune ain't complicated bro, I just don't like wat Dem did wit it.
lol they should explain what? How or what they mean by Paul Atriedes is the "one"? really? are you a novice? When they said Neo was the one in "Matrix part one" i didn't need to see part 2 or 3 to know what it meant...and they pretty much explained everything in this part, the importance of spice, Sandworm, Bene Gesserit etc, so what are you on about and what aren't you clear about? Dune is a mixture of sci fi and high fantasy,breaking it all down in this first part wouldn't have been possible.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2021
oyaskii:
lol they should explain what? How or what they mean by Paul Atriedes is the "one"? really? are you a novice? When they said Neo was the one in "Matrix part one" i didn't need to see part 2 or 3 to know what it meant...and they pretty much explained everything in this part, the importance of spice, Sandworm, Bene Gesserit etc, so what are on about and what aren't you clear about? Dune is a mixture of sci fi and high fantasy is breaking it all down in this first part wouldn't have been possible.
the movie was incredibly slow and boring, I knew wat Dem meant he's the one ND in .
Matrix part one
I think Dem also told us he role too in part 1, and I don watch alot of film Dem use dat word nd the picture was clear even a novice will know it undecided

Alot of people no watch the first dune ND no even read about it........... ok now 4get about Paul Atriedes mata ND still alot is not explained in 2hrs.
1)Why are the Harkkunen evil?
2)The Mother and Grandmother have special powers, why?
3)Paul is the one, yes anybody can guess he's role but why him?
Josh ND Jason both of Dem did nothing in the movie ND both re the main fighter for the Atreades
Zandaya na dis wan pain me pass, she the reason why I'm interested in dune angry OK I only see her in the same repeated visions.
action and character emotions 3/10

Who never read the book or watch the old one, would have no idea what was going on ND I'm one of Dem undecided

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Iceyjayz: 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2021
abduleez1:

This movie was robbed of an Oscar from the overhype of Frozen 2. angry

Masterpiece. Last animation to reach such meteoric heights in the last 3 years.
I prefer Frozen 1 than 2, the part 2 is an overhyped shiit

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Iceyjayz: 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
DieRich5:
the movie was incredibly slow and boring, I knew wat Dem meant he's the one ND in .
Matrix part one
I think Dem also told us he role too in part 1, and I don watch alot of film Dem use dat word nd the picture was clear even a novice will know it undecided

Alot of people no watch the first dune ND no even read about it........... ok now 4get about Paul Atriedes mata ND still alot is not explained in 2hrs.
Josh ND Jason both of Dem did nothing in the movie ND both re the main fighter for the Atreades
Zandaya na dis wan pain me pass, she the reason why I'm interested in dune angry OK I only see her in the same repeated visions.

Who never read the book or watch the old one, would have no idea what was going on ND I'm one of Dem undecided
The movie isn't as bad as you painted it to be, it's still one of my best 2021 movie, and from the good reviews online and the ratings, it's a very nice movie, I can't wait for part 2 though, but waiting until October 2023 for part 2 is too far.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
DieRich5:
Matrix part one

I think I can answer No. 1 and 3

1) The Harkkonen are not evil, even though they rule Arrakis with a very strict and often cruel way.
They preside over Arrakis with order from the Emperor. The Emperor is like the overall ruler in the universe, and anybody from a great house can become an Emperor, but House Currino have been ruling as Emperor for years.
Now, Duke Atreides is becoming successful and the Emperor fear that Duke's success and developed influence may hinder him in decision making. Heck with Duke's influence in the Laadsrad (like a senate of great houses), he could overthrow the Emperor.
So, the Emperor's solution to stopping the rise of Duke was planned.
House Atreides and House Harkkonen have a long standing hatred for each other. So the Emperor did as if he collected dune from House Harkkonen to give House Atreides, but it was an attempt to destroy House Atreides, in that if House Harkkonen was to wage war against House Atreides it will be seen as a result of their past hatred for each other.
And so it will not seem as if its the Emperor that wants to personally destroy Duke because if the Laadsrad find out the Emperor did such, they can impeach him.

3) You see, the Bene Gesserit are magical and powerful, and they are also part of government.
Dune is set like 10,000 years after the current year we are in, computers are wiped out. So human beings with special powers are the ones doing the work of computers, and each are trained by different organisations and assigned to great houses. E.g Mentat (Thufir Hawat, he is like the computer brain of House Atreides) ordinary human being cannot do his work.
Now, spice is a substance that heightens the abilities of these special people.
Now, understand that Paul Atreides is like 14-15 years old in the setting of this movie.

The parts that one cannot learn in the movie is that;
*The mother Bene Gesserit is the mother of Lady Jessica (Paul's mother)

*Vladimir Harkkonen is the father of Lady Jessica.

The Bene Gesserit believes they have solution to their universe problems, so they started a breeding exercise to bring forth to the world a MESSIAH.
In the course of this breeding arrangement, the Mother Bene Gesserit went to Vladimir Harkkonen to sleep with him but the child had deformity and it was killed. She later went to Wladimir Harkkonen to mate again, but he was under alcoholic influence I think, so he raped Mother Bene Gesserit and she placed a curse on him, which made him so obese that he had to implant endoskeleton tech to be able to move and float.
Now the child as a result of the rape is Lady Jessica.

Obviously Duke Atreides has a wife before, but because of their breeding program the Bene Gesserit must have made Lady Jessica seduced Duke to get entangled with him. In line with this, Lady Jessica was to give birth to a daughter whom when old enough will be married to another great house male child to continue breeding till they get that 'ONE' (Kwisatz Haderach).
So assuming Lady Jessica gets pregnant, once she notice it's a boy she will have to terminate it.
But Lady Jessica first child was a boy (Paul), so she decided to keep it. And she also had that personal believe that the Kwisatz Haderach was Paul reason she didn't terminate Paul.
But the Bene Gesserit also saw signs that Paul had the qualities of being 'the One' but because they had not reached their full planned breeding, they believe the arrival of Paul as the ONE was too early and might cause problems for them.
Reason why the Mother tested Paul with the Gom Jabber, assuming Paul could not withstand that unimaginable pain, he would have been killed right there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: HeadPrincipal, marz007(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.