Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,085 members, 7,835,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2930) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3783135 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) (2933) ... (3844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2022
I've forgotten to how to quote multiple people cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
[quote author=Gmajor post=111202594][/quote] I think you should rewatch the part where they narrated their last memories...you'll get what moments before their death meant in that context...some would die even if striped of their powers cos everything was pretty much done

Her death was for nothing...besides he claimed he wanted revenge but all he had to do was push a button which he could have done after May died...but no he waited...meaning he was never sure about revenge...

Also all the sweet talks and goody-two-shoes is not for me...

For your last point...I praised it in my writeup...if you read the beginning...that was character growth
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jiggar(m): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Before I get crucified for saying Far From Home is better than No Way Home, i'll explain...

I will praise NWH for one thing...that is the development of Peter's character at the end of the movie...also maybe for nostalgia which brought the hype in the first place...
Now the issues with NWH:
The central conflict in NWH was quietly unresolved...most of the villains were brought from their verse just moments before their death...literally a second or less from their deaths...
Because of this Peter chose not to send them back to die...
But what did he do instead? He striped them of their powers...AND SENT THEM BACK TO DIE!!!
How does that make sense? They still return to exact moment just before their death, so it doesn't change anything, only 1 or 2 might be saved...the others would still die...
Basically the entire point of it all and all the sacrifices were for nothing...Aunt May too died for nothing...Peter didn't even grow from that...all he had was a desire for revenge which was subdued with childish words from his friends ...
His only growth happened at the end of the movie after he chose not to return to MJ
There is also the issue of childish and silky decision making by so many characters...

My rating for NWH still remains 6.5/10

My guy you really pointed out facts.

I wished I saw all the hype about the movie, but unfortunately, nothing.

The Movie is just 6/10 for me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 12:19am On Mar 21, 2022
Chibudollar:
come on man, how are you superheroing without any super powers? I don't understand o grin

Batman envision and embody that a normal human being can be a superhero without meta physical or alien abilities.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 12:22am On Mar 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Before I get crucified for saying Far From Home is better than No Way Home, i'll explain...

I will praise NWH for one thing...that is the development of Peter's character at the end of the movie...also maybe for nostalgia which brought the hype in the first place...
Now the issues with NWH:
The central conflict in NWH was quietly unresolved...most of the villains were brought from their verse just moments before their death...literally a second or less from their deaths...
Because of this Peter chose not to send them back to die...
But what did he do instead? He striped them of their powers...AND SENT THEM BACK TO DIE!!!
How does that make sense? They still return to exact moment just before their death, so it doesn't change anything, only 1 or 2 might be saved...the others would still die...
Basically the entire point of it all and all the sacrifices were for nothing...Aunt May too died for nothing...Peter didn't even grow from that...all he had was a desire for revenge which was subdued with childish words from his friends ...
His only growth happened at the end of the movie after he chose not to return to MJ
There is also the issue of childish and silky decision making by so many characters...

I agree with all your submissions

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 5:18am On Mar 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
AND SENT THEM BACK TO DIE!!!

The way I see it, he didn’t necessarily send them to die, let me explain.

The villains were teleported right before their death to the the MCU right, so it is not like they came from the past, we have to assume that NWH is a direct sequel to Spiderman 1,2,3 and Amazing Spider-Man 1&2 with all five movies getting juxtaposed into a single sequel. So before Goblin get impaled by his glider and Dr Oct strangling Spiderman, they got teleported into a new universe where they are trying to make sense of what just happened.

Fast forward to the end of NWH where they got cured and returned to their respective universes, they return to the same moment they were taken but with new memories and personality. Osborn without his split personality disorder and Octavius with control of his tentacles. And with them in control of their senses, they have no reason to attack spiderman and thus, preventing their death.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:18am On Mar 21, 2022
Nickshrapnel:

The villains were teleported right before their death to the the MCU right, so it is not like they came from the past, we have to assume that NWH is a direct sequel to Spiderman 1,2,3 and Amazing Spider-Man 1&2 with all five movies getting juxtaposed into a single sequel. So before Goblin get impaled by his glider and Dr Oct strangling Spiderman, they got teleported into a new universe where they are trying to make sense of what just happened.

Fast forward to the end of NWH where they got cured and returned to their respective universes, they return to the same moment they were taken but with new memories and personality. Osborn without his split personality disorder and Octavius with control of his tentacles. And with them in control of their senses, they have no reason to attack spiderman and thus, preventing their death.

It's a really simple thing to understand. Have no idea why people are being obtuse about it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 8:22am On Mar 21, 2022
Godzilla vs Kong Sequel to film in Australia...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:31am On Mar 21, 2022
oyaskii:
Mannn....long runtime scares me these days, I simply don't have the patient anymore. I saw "Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, Runtime 5hrs 12 mins, and "The Irishman", Runtime 3hrs 29mins, inside one week last year and it felt like i won the Champions League ffs sad

Omo you get liver oo. That Irishman na serious planning and permutations I do before I watch am. But wetin help me that period na say I get plenty of time that period.

Now if no be series I see that runtime for movie na jakpa straight. Unless if na highly anticipated new movie wey I get interest for.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by samistry(m): 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
But why?
AnfieldFan:

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2022
as long as Kong receives another round of beating,I'm satisfied.

AnfieldFan:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2022
MJBOLT:
as long as Kong receives another round of beating,I'm satisfied.

Well Godzilla bodied Kong, I don't think Jong will gladly submit himself for another round..

But I'm curious, Kong has grown from Kong Island size to Kong vs Zilla size but he's not King Kong yet right?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2022
he's not,I believe something will happen where people will start calling him King Kong.

AnfieldFan:

Well Godzilla bodied Kong, I don't think Jong will gladly submit himself for another round..

But I'm curious, Kong has grown from Kong Island size to Kong vs Zilla size but he's not King Kong yet right?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2022
MJBOLT:
he's not,I believe something will happen where people will start calling him King Kong.

Ok, makes sense...
Meanwhile, Echo has a director...

Things are moving well for the MCU...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Even if he eventually becomes King, can he beat the lizard?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 1:25pm On Mar 21, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Even if he eventually becomes King, can he beat the lizard?

Naaa...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2022
I don even forget about that one
Too many MCU series now but it's good sha

AnfieldFan:

Ok, makes sense...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2022
Bangkok Dangerous
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Ok, makes sense...

me and my guys are having this arguement. Thanos vs Superman in a one on one physical combat who wins? Nickshrapnel, mjbolt, abduleez1, kaycee7, oyaskii and co your input pls
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ink4Hope: 2:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
Good afternoon fam

Can I get suggestions of movies to watch (I prefer Action, Sci Fi or thriller)

And where I can download please

Thanks in anticipation
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2022
Nilon:
me and my guys are having this arguement. Thanos vs Superman in a one on one physical combat who wins?
Superman

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
Movies - Superman
Comics - Thanos

Nilon:
me and my guys are having this arguement. Thanos vs Superman in a one on one physical combat who wins?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:08pm On Mar 21, 2022
Nilon:
me and my guys are having this arguement. Thanos vs Superman in a one on one physical combat who wins? your input pls

Superman wipes the floor with Thanos.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xakskelly: 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE. This series is one everyone should be watching.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by emekaokonkwuo: 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2022
I am watch "Silas", a movie featuring Officerwoos: you can watch the full episode here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mreKq_Is0LM&list=PLmw3YQzG4QGnq-RcjZrnSw2NUXsgh-sde

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2022
Nickshrapnel:

I don't agree with this explanation bro. Whether they were cured and won't be attacking spiderman anymore, they will be returning back to their moments of death. Osborne with his now single personality will return back to his glider approaching to kill him, Octavius will be sinking with his new ability to control his tentacles etc

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2022
Nilon:
me and my guys are having this arguement. Thanos vs Superman in a one on one physical combat who wins? Nickshrapnel, mjbolt, abduleez1, kaycee7, oyaskii and co your input pls

Did you see how Captain Marvel was easily beating Thanos, that's how SuperMan would beat him.

Under normal circumstances, Thor is a match for Thanos.

What made Thanos fearsome was his strategy.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Iceyjayz: 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2022
lusid:
Who has heard "we don't talk about Bruno" from the film Encanto. abduleez1, Kaycee7, purple, shaqfu, cao, chibudollar, dierich5, oyaskii, anfieldfan. lovely song
I love that song and that Colombia song too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2022
Nilon:
me and my guys are having this arguement. Thanos vs Superman in a one on one physical combat who wins? oyaskii and co your input pls
In a one on one combat, I think Superman edges the mad titan, based on sheer strength I mean there was one time , Superman actually went into the sun itself to absorb solar energy, and when he came out, he was able to lift upwards of 200 quintillion tons (just imagine) , But then again, Superman has some exploitable weakness like, Kryptonite, red sun and magic, and Thanos is vast in mystic art and magic. Thanos is also very intelligent and possess superhuman strength. So the fight will boil down to various factors, like if Thanos has time to plan, if Superman is allowed to use all of his power ( man is most time fighting on a moral code, and declines to use all of his power most of the time) etc.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Parizz: 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ink4Hope:
Good afternoon fam

Can I get suggestions of movies to watch (I prefer Action, Sci Fi or thriller)

And where I can download please

Thanks in anticipation
John Carter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2022
Iceyjayz:
I love that song and that Colombia song too
The way that guy sings "Colombiaaaaaa" is a whole vibe.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2022
phr0nesis:

I don't agree with this explanation bro. Whether they were cured and won't be attacking spiderman anymore, they will be returning back to their moments of death. Osborne with his now single personality will return back to his glider approaching to kill him, Octavius will be sinking with his new ability to control his tentacles etc
Their recollections of the moments before their teleportation don't point to being teleported right before their deaths. The fact that Doc Ock is still hostile to Peter when they meet is proof of this, as opposed to being mellow and friendly with Peter before proceeding to drown himself with the reactor.
Octavius is quite possibly the only one who still faces a high chance of dying, seeing as he might still have to replicate his sacrifice. But Osborn and Max get a new lease on life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) (2933) ... (3844) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: oyaskii(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.