Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3752312 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RayMcBlue(m): 6:30am On May 22, 2022
SOZINN:
Everything Everywhere All At Once 2022

First and foremost, you must understand that if you take this film seriously, you will be disappointed. The film is not serious about itself. While I recognize that if you want to make your audience laugh there are certain techniques to follow, the comedy and crazy can only go so far in impressing me. This film piqued my interest because it was billed as a science fiction flick. However, the biggest issue I have with it is that it does not provide much in the way of science fiction.

Let's begin with the duration: 130 minutes! It's 130 minutes too arduous, and the questions I had at the end could have been answered if they had spent more time discussing specific details. Instead, they chose to lengthen it with a lot of unnecessary scenes. For a film that isn't really in the comedy category, it gets lost in it. If you don't use those extra minutes in the run time to impart detail about the film's elements, you're wasting my time.

Then there's the setting; there's nothing to see here, and it's not even impressive. While their "Multiverse phenomenon" is conveyed in a novel fashion, it is also rather messy. The film appears to have been made on a shoestring budget; if this is the case, the funds were wisely spent. The theory of the Multiverse, on the other hand, is not something that low-budget filmmakers should pursue. You will need a large budget to present that kind of story in a colorful and satisfying manner, and that is the fact.

On to the acting. The acting was excellent for the most part. I'm not a big fan of Asian acting, but I can tell when someone has put in a lot of effort to put on a good show. It's no easy feat to deliver madness on this scale, but this film has the proper personnel. The director deserves praise for a job well done. The plot moves along nicely, although there are a few flaws due to the large number of unnecessary scenes. The narrative conveyed a good message effectively, and while it, like most stories, has flaws, it is a pretty decent plot overall.

Another aspect I need to address is the dialogue. It was a disaster. It falls short of expectations for a science fiction film. I was shaking my head even when I watched passages where they used native language with subtitles. The first 60 minutes of dialogue are nearly comical. As expected, superb fight choreography and decent use of CGI for an Asian film. I can't give this movie a higher rating than a five. Not what I had anticipated. Science fiction/Adventure ugh

This is the worst review i've read in my life. TF?!!

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:58am On May 22, 2022
RayMcBlue:

As early as 6:00am you are out here reading my review. Congratulations, you have earned a top fan badge.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 8:24am On May 22, 2022
RayMcBlue:

The guy gave his honest review of a movie. All is well.

You give your honest reply of his review. All is not well anymore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:02am On May 22, 2022
DieRich5:
Morbius 2/10
The story get as E be, WTF is spider Man villain doing in it undecided

The one wey dem show for venom, me still Dy wait for am

Morbius is a spider man villain.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 10:07am On May 22, 2022
armadeo:

Morbius is a spider man villain.
ohhh so He's an antihero

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 10:34am On May 22, 2022
This Morbius wey I watched so, I swr spiderman nor fit beat am

8 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:47am On May 22, 2022
abduleez1:
The WIN of this lady ehn no be here. E be like premium soap of grace. grin she's literally everywhere.
Hollywood won't let the Ocean's Eleven die...lmao

Nothing they make will ever be close to the original trilogy... nothing will be close
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 10:53am On May 22, 2022
SOZINN:

As early as 6:00am you are out here reading my review. Congratulations, you have earned a top fan badge.

You're too thin skinned. If you don't like people critiquing your review, then stop posting them.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 10:56am On May 22, 2022
abduleez1:
The WIN of this lady ehn no be here. E be like premium soap of grace. grin she's literally everywhere.

This was jeniffer Lawrence in the 2010s.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 11:58am On May 22, 2022
GloriousGbola:

This was jeniffer Lawrence in the 2010s.
Angelina Jolie in the early 2000s
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 12:31pm On May 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Was checking other reviews and...

How will Marvel feel when this is nominated for a major Oscar award...
grin

It wouldn't surprise anyone.
Comic book movies and especially Marvel movies are no Oscar magnet.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 12:33pm On May 22, 2022
Dotng:

The Jack Sparrow part is the aspect of slight insanity he displayed. Tom Hardy helped amplify Charlize Theron's role irrespective of her great acting. If Tom Hardy's role were not perfectly played the movie would have been diminished.

PURLEASE!!!
enough of this simping for Tom Hardy's very forgettable performance.
To even compare him to Jack Sparrow is a very big insult
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TitanII: 1:25pm On May 22, 2022
The MCU Multiverse is a mess, the explanation of it's rules changes from Movie to Movie, and I feel a lot of people ignore this.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2022
TitanII:
The MCU Multiverse is a mess, the explanation of it's rules changes from Movie to Movie, and I feel a lot of people ignore this.

people don't care...they just want dumb fun
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TitanII: 1:30pm On May 22, 2022
First off, Dreams as we know it in the MCU are actually you looking into a different version of yourself, not created by your subconscious. Why is there a spell in the Darkhold that allows you to Dreamwalk, but not a spell that allows you to actually travel into another dimension. Of what use is dreamwalking if the other universe is intangible to mine.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TitanII: 1:32pm On May 22, 2022
Why does the TVA not persecute the Avengers' Time Heist, which leads to Loki getting a hold of the Tesseract, but persecutes Loki for using the Tesseract ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TitanII: 1:53pm On May 22, 2022
Don't even get me started on Loki.
In Loki, it is explained that there is a 'Sacred Timeline'.
*Does this mean that the MCU 616 is the only timeline/universe allowed to exist, and Loki's use of the Tesseract brought him out of universe, because his past self wouldn't have gone through everything up until his death in Infinity War, changing the way events happen ? This theory explains why there are other Loki variants who where pruned, but doesn't explain how there are other universes for the variants to exist in since there is only one 'Sacred Timeline'. Basically where did the other variants come from if the timeline is sacred ?
*Or does this mean, there are other Universes part of the Multiverse, and they all flow through 'Time' at the same time, i.e. past present and future are occurring at once, flowing through it as a circle - 2022 is happening at the same time in every universe, but events may differ? This theory explains why other variants may exist as they are basically from other universes. It also explains why Loki gets pruned because he comes out of his circle, changing the MCU 616 circle forever. It also explains that The One Who remains can see the circle i.e past present and future, of each universe. But it doesn't explain why the other variants of Loki where pruned, since events may differ in every universe aren't they just acting out they're own parts in universe - the series seems to be implying that because Kid Loki killed Thor he gets pruned because Thor is supposed to be alive in every Universe or something like that. This defeats the point of the Multiverse.

Basically what does 'Sacred Timeline' mean in Loki, and how does it affect the Multiverse.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TitanII: 1:58pm On May 22, 2022
I've never been this head butt since Endgame in which Fans try their best to explain why 2023 Versions of Thor and the Avengers with all their seeming upgrades, try their best to defeat a 2014 Version of Thanos without the Infinity Gauntlet.

"He was in his prime, he was desperate".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TitanII: 2:15pm On May 22, 2022
*Does Sylvie get pruned because she is female, and Loki is supposed to be male ? It is never really explained and we're just supposed to move on. That would explain why the other variants are male, but not why one variant is an alligator, and one Black.
*From my understanding, time is a flowing circle as described by HWR, that would explain that the Avengers' Time Heist was simply going back to a previous point in that circle, (the MCU 616 circle, not a different universe) to obtain the stones, coming back to a present point, 2023, and Cap going back to those previous points and plugging things back, not too many diversions. I guess that is why the TVA doesn't persecute the Avengers because they plug things back before they become Nexus events and lead to a huge diversion. But it fails to explain why Cap is allowed to return to his timeline, 2023, as an old man, as there's going to be a Cap in the past who never woke up, or rather 2 Caps in the past. Isn't that a huge Nexus event/diversion ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TitanII: 2:35pm On May 22, 2022
*If someone gets pruned, doesn't that mean their timeline/universe is erased ? Or it simply means the past, present and future surrounding that character is erased from the circle. The latter fits because the MCU 616 still remains even though Loki gets pruned. But that would mean the Avengers never form, or they form some other way. It's quite a mess.
How one world can be so different, to the point Variants can be entirely different species (Alligator Loki), yet not constantly cause branches to the Sacred Timeline is hard to fathom.
* Where does Ta Lo exist ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 2:42pm On May 22, 2022
Some people don't know where to draw the line at where the fun stops.

Cinema is not reality..

Stop overcompensating for your dull social life by wishing movies be perfect.

Take your fun and move along!

11 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TitanII: 2:46pm On May 22, 2022
*How do non MCU Universes exist like we see in No Way Home and MoM, if there is one Sacred Timeline? Do the events of Loki, killing the one who remains, cause these other universes to exist? That doesn't make sense because these other universes already seem established like they were just doing their thing. But if so why were Variant Lokis pruned for doing what was seemingly their thing, or were they not doing what they were supposed to ?

*Or do the events of Loki simply make it possible for these Universes to Collide. That would explain Doctor Strange's spell in NWH, and why there's no spell in the Darkhold for Interdimensional Travel, because it just couldn't happen until now. It also explains the character of America Chavez, as someone who could travel through universes with or without the one who remains dead or alive.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 2:46pm On May 22, 2022
TitanII:
Why does the TVA not persecute the Avengers' Time Heist, which leads to Loki getting a hold of the Tesseract, but persecutes Loki for using the Tesseract ?

Go and watch the series again.

The judge clearly stated that it's because it was supposed to happen.

How do you miss something that happened in S1E1 and you are asking questions?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 2:51pm On May 22, 2022
Guy just carry yourself to series thread or open a new thread and asks these questions.

You didn't understand the series.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TitanII: 2:54pm On May 22, 2022
Karleb:

Go and watch the series again.

The judge clearly stated that it's because it was supposed to happen.

How do you miss something that happened in S1E1 and you are asking questions?

I explained why the Judge might have said it was supposed to happen in a later post. Because their Time Heist doesn't change much and they put things back in order. But where I disagree is in her saying 'it was supposed to happen'. Their events lead to the events of Loki.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:01pm On May 22, 2022
TitanII:
First off, Dreams as we know it in the MCU are actually you looking into a different version of yourself, not created by your subconscious. Why is there a spell in the Darkhold that allows you to Dreamwalk, but not a spell that allows you to actually travel into another dimension. Of what use is dreamwalking if the other universe is intangible to mine.
don't think too much of the MCU and it's multiverse...
None of it makes any sense...and it doesn't follow its own rules...

Just enjoy it as dumb fun

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2022
Calibrator:

Cinema is not reality..

actually that's not the problem... There are fiction that works on its own in-verse logic...

MCU does not and it's clear they don't want you to "think about it too much" cos nothing makes sense...

But he's wasting his time thinking about it lmao

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 4:32pm On May 22, 2022
7.8 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 4:49pm On May 22, 2022
Purpl3:
Can't believe there is a universe where I'm just a rock or a piƱata cry

Seriously I'm still thinking about this

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 4:56pm On May 22, 2022
TitanII:

I explained why the Judge might have said it was supposed to happen in a later post. Because their Time Heist doesn't change much and they put things back in order. But where I disagree is in her saying 'it was supposed to happen'. Their events lead to the events of Loki.

All these are valid questions that pop up if you think about it toomuch... don't, it's just dumb fun.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:02pm On May 22, 2022
Calibrator:

Cinema is not reality..

Savage but true.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:04pm On May 22, 2022
Purpl3:

Seriously I'm still thinking about this

Or noodle for fingers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.